Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
mrandmrsnjt1106
Earning My Ears

What are my chances of exchanging into Bonnet Creek (RCI)

We've pretty much determined we Bonnet Creek (2 2-BR units) for our November 8-15, 2014 trip. We have 12 travelers (5 adults & 7 kids) and have saved up & combined 75 points (we are Weeks members). I have an ongoing search set up but now am getting nervous because when I search, there isn't anything available now for even November of this year. I thought maybe that meant people just hadn't deposited their weeks but when I went on the BC website, there is nothing available there either.

I've never exchanged to try to get 2 units & I've never exchanged into Bonnet Creek. The RCI reps I've spoken with have said when I get a match, to snatch it up and immediately set up a new ongoing search for the 2nd unit.

I'm just wondering what my odds are for getting into Bonnet Creek at all. Should I look at any other options and if so, what?

Thanks for any insight.
Melissa
mrandmrsnjt1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
I thought maybe that meant people just hadn't deposited their weeks but when I went on the BC website, there is nothing available there either.
Wyndham owners cannot deposit their weeks directly. Instead, Wyndham controls all deposits. In general, Wyndham deposits one month at a time, about 8 months prior to use. October '13 was deposited relatively recently, and November '13 should come sometime during March. So, you should expect November '14 anytime between late February '13, and early April '13.

I think 75 is probably going to be sufficient for two 2BRs. That's not a hyper-popular week, and the resort is large, so grabbing a second unit as soon as your match hits with the leftover deposit credit should be doable. It would be slightly better if you had a second deposit line on which you could set up a search. Minimum credit values look to be in the high 20s for a 2BR there these days, but I don't think early November will be more than that by much if at all.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

I'm a Wyndham owner, so I've never exchanged into WBC via RCI.

However...when I search on the Wyndham owners site, I see availability for 2 bedroom deluxes for seven nights starting 11/8, 11/9 or 11/10. Also see 1, 3, and 4 BR availability.

That, of course, is for Wyndham points availability -- not inbound RCI exchanges. I don't know how that translates to RCI points reservations, which are probably from a separate pool.

WBC is a large resort -- 1,200 + villas -- so I'm guessing your chances are pretty good.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #4
mrandmrsnjt1106
Earning My Ears

Invaluable information, Brian Noble. Thank you so much! So now I know I don't need to stalk RCi for a match every day.

Thank you again!
Melissa
mrandmrsnjt1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
shell8558
DIS Veteran

FYI- we traded into Wyndham bonnet creek last year for the 2/2. We also had the ongoing search and it offered the points option , plus an extra vacation option . We used our points - which was a steal at 14 points for Memorial Day week. ( if we hadn't already booked a 3/2 through vacation strategy for our second room , we would have used the extra vacation option also . They were only charging around 500 for the 2/2 for the week.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

To give you an idea of timing, March 2013 dates became available in June 2012. I wanted to book an extra vacation thru RCI for our spring break trip but at the time wasn't willing to part with the money. By the time, I was ready a few months later, WBC was gone. When it does open, you will have a small window to snatch what you want.
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote