Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #61
Mrs. Ciz
DIS Veteran

I am also all caught up. My teens and I just got back from a week in WDW. We have to go to SoCal for a family event next month so we will have 2 days in DLR the week of July 4th. That gives us one day per park, or 3/4 of a day in DCA (open 8 AM - 10 PM) and 1 & 1/4 day in DL (open 8 AM to 12 PM). We got lucky with the schedule - there are no EMHs on our DL day and we will be going to DCA on a non EMH day. We are able to take a rest/pool day in between parks. I can't wait to read about how much you were able to do and see in one full day!
DL: Too many times to count growing up, DL: Jr. High Grad Trip 1980, WDW: Summer 1983, DL: New Year's Eve 1989, WDW: August 1995, DLR: Christmas 2001, DLR: June 2003, WDW: July 2010, WDW: Dec 2011, WDW: June 2013, DLR: July 2013

Wyndham Timeshare Owner & RCI Member since 1985
Mrs. Ciz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #62
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I'm caught up!

Wow I know waits are long for Matterhorn in the mornings, like max 20 minutes, but not 45! I'm glad that you did it though. And Nemo! I have to say, you're getting a lot done within the first couple of hours while you're there.

I love your SM picture and the picture of you fumbling for your camera on Buzz!

I'm so excited to see where you're off too next!
Yeah 45 was way too long Too bad I was too busy talking and didn't even notice how much time we were spending on a line that wasn't moving at all! But we were enjoying ourselves so it's okay..
heathsf is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #63
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Ciz View Post
I am also all caught up. My teens and I just got back from a week in WDW. We have to go to SoCal for a family event next month so we will have 2 days in DLR the week of July 4th. That gives us one day per park, or 3/4 of a day in DCA (open 8 AM - 10 PM) and 1 & 1/4 day in DL (open 8 AM to 12 PM). We got lucky with the schedule - there are no EMHs on our DL day and we will be going to DCA on a non EMH day. We are able to take a rest/pool day in between parks. I can't wait to read about how much you were able to do and see in one full day!
You're going to have so much fun doing both parks! We didn't get to *everything* in DL but we did a lot and I felt like I got a great taste for Disneyland. I really wish we could have done DCA too, even just to see Cars Land, so I guess we'll have to take another trip!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #64
heathsf
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say "hi" to anyone out there, and I will be posting another update sometime *very* soon!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #65
Mrs. Ciz
DIS Veteran

Can't wait! I see from your ticker that you must be super busy with wedding stuff. Relax and enoy it as you speed along...it all happens so fast. Congratualtions!!!!
DL: Too many times to count growing up, DL: Jr. High Grad Trip 1980, WDW: Summer 1983, DL: New Year's Eve 1989, WDW: August 1995, DLR: Christmas 2001, DLR: June 2003, WDW: July 2010, WDW: Dec 2011, WDW: June 2013, DLR: July 2013

Wyndham Timeshare Owner & RCI Member since 1985
Mrs. Ciz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #66
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Ciz View Post
Can't wait! I see from your ticker that you must be super busy with wedding stuff. Relax and enoy it as you speed along...it all happens so fast. Congratualtions!!!!
Thank you! I am so super busy I can't even believe it! Thank you for the kind words of wisdom
Old 07-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #67
Bee2u
ImJustBeeNme

We'll be there for a day and 1/2 later this week, (our first time to DLR!) and your TR has me bouncing with excitement! Can't wait to read your next installment.

My WDW trips: July 1972; Summer 1980; Our Honeymoon - June 28th - July 2, 1986; Summer 1999; March 2000 (kids sang @ Magical Music Days); Our 25th Anniv. celebration - June 24 - 28th, 2011 WL; Nov. 20 - 24, 2012 POR; Jan. 2 - 5, 2013 WL (My first Solo trip); Jan. 26 - 29, 2013 WL; birthday trip: Apr. 5 - 8, 2013 BC; June 3 - 8 2013 WL; First trip to DLR July 5 - 7, 2013; Sept. 19 - 22, 2013 WL; Nov. 23 - 29, 2013 POR; Dec. 6 - 9, 2013 CS; Feb. 1 - 3, 2014 Poly; Mar. 8 - 12, 2014, AoA; Apr. 3 - 7, 2014 POR; June 3 - 10, 2014 POR, WL
Bee2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #68
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Hope the wedding planning is going as smoothly as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee2u View Post
We'll be there for a day and 1/2 later this week, (our first time to DLR!) and your TR has me bouncing with excitement! Can't wait to read your next installment.
Have fun on your trip! It's been hot down here so bring lots of sunscreen.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #69
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Well guys... I'm so sorry I promised an update and didn't get to it. I'm lying in bed on my phone right now and tomorrow is my wedding day. I can't even believe it. It came so fast. I promise to post an update when we get back from our honeymoon in August!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #70
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
Well guys... I'm so sorry I promised an update and didn't get to it. I'm lying in bed on my phone right now and tomorrow is my wedding day. I can't even believe it. It came so fast. I promise to post an update when we get back from our honeymoon in August!!!
Omgosh tomorrow ALREADY!?!

Um, isn't it like almost midnight and you're still up! Nervous?

I hope you have the most AMAZING day tomorrow and can't wait to hear about it!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #71
TexasErin
Loves old Pluto cartoons

First- Congrats!

Second- more, more, more!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #72
TexasErin
Loves old Pluto cartoons

Also wanted to say awesome pic on Space Mountain where y'all look like you're asleep!

Last edited by TexasErin; 08-19-2013 at 04:32 PM.
TexasErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #73
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee2u View Post
I'm so glad this TR got you excited! That's exactly why I decided to write it (although I definitely didn't foresee myself being so terrible at keeping up with it!) I hope your trip was amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Omgosh tomorrow ALREADY!?!

Um, isn't it like almost midnight and you're still up! Nervous?

I hope you have the most AMAZING day tomorrow and can't wait to hear about it!
I know I can't believe how quickly it came and went and now it's all over!! I wasn't really nervous until right before I had to walk down the aisle. But it was so much fun and our honeymoon was amazing and now I'm back and can't believe any of it actually happened! I may post an update with some wedding/honeymoon pictures but I feel like I need to get back on track with this TR first!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasErin View Post
First- Congrats!

Second- more, more, more!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasErin View Post
Also wanted to say awesome pic on Space Mountain where y'all look like you're asleep!
Thanks!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #74
heathsf
DIS Veteran

I'm Going to Post an Update...For Real!!!

So I'm alive, and I'm back, and now I'm married! And I'm ready to refocus my attention on the DIS! Man, I'm so behind on all the TRs I'm reading, not to mention the one I'm writing! I can't believe anyone is still actually reading this, I'm surprised but also excited and it really makes me want to get back into it, so thank you to those that commented recently

Well, I almost had some super exciting news to share (more exciting than getting married!!!! ): I had a WDW trip booked for the beginning of September! Did you notice the past tense?

Friends of ours, another couple who actually just got married, asked us if we wanted to visit WDW with them in December in between Christmas and New Years. We wouldn't have been able to go then, but I suggested the beginning of September for 4 nights since our school schedules (two of us are teachers in the same school) would have allowed it which NEVER happens in September! They agreed and we booked the trip! I was super psyched to experience the non-existant September crowds. We had a great deal with free dining and decided to stay at Coronado Springs (it would have been my first time at a moderate!) We booked some fantastic dining reservations - even though it was a pretty last minute trip and already under 180 days - we got REALLY lucky with dining. First we booked Chef Mickey's, 'Ohana, and Hoop-De-Doo Revue. I was checking back every day though for a better time at 'Ohana (it was going to be a 9:00 dinner and we were hoping for something earlier). One day, what should I see? A dinner opening at BE OUR GUEST!!! I could not believe it! I thought for sure it would disappear when I tried to book it but it didn't - it actually went through and we got it! I was so excited! Fast forward a few months, and we still couldn't find reasonable airfare ($360 per person for a two hour plane ride down the coast!) The other problem with the dates was that we would return home late on Sunday and have our first day of school the next morning. We probably would've been okay with it but the amount of money for the airfare was just killer. So on the day before our final payment was due, I called Disney to cancel the trip. We decided we would try to book a longer trip next summer, and farther in advance. We'll see what happens...

Boy you better believe I was sad to let that Be Our Guest reservation go. It was snatched up within seconds, and I hope whoever got it was super excited about it and has a magical trip The best things that came out of this were 1) I got to experience the excitement of planning a trip that was an actual real possibility (as opposed to the trips I plan in my head all the time that I know aren't happening ) and 2) Bobby agreed to go - so I know he's willing to go back to Disney after all! Woohoo! And that's when I decided I would marry him after all! JUST KIDDING!!

So anyway, I just wanted to share all that. And now I'm going to get pictures ready for the next update!!! Thanks for sticking around!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #75
luulu1999
DIS Veteran

Awesome TR can't wait to read more, we have never been to WDW all though its ALOT closer but I loved DL and can't wait to go back next summer!!!

Christmas 2012-1st Disneyland trip-hopefully many more to come

luulu1999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: