Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #31
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
Anyone else can't see any of the last pictures?
Yeah I can't either.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #32
LizzieinDisney
Mouseketeer

Joining in the fun on this one! Your comment about LA traffic made me smile, because I have been stuck in traffic at 11pm a few different times. However, I can't see the pictures either Looking forward to the rest of it!
I am a Disney fanatic. I am a long-time Disneyland Annual Passholder and now a WDW Cast Member. Follow my blog, www.lizzieindisney.blogspot.com for tips, tricks, and dining reviews. And follow me on Twitter @lizzieindisney or Facebook, facebook.com/lizzieindisney

My Dining Review Thread:Living in Disney means Food! My Fine Dining Adventure
LizzieinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #33
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

I'm do excited to hear about your trip! We lived in LA for 4 years but I grew up in Orlando. I love to hear about what WDW vets think of DL. There are things that make each park special and unique. I cant wait to hear what you thought of the park!

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)
::danielle:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:56 AM   #34
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Uh Oh!! The pictures!! I know they were there when I first posted I will have to look into that hopefully tonight or tomorrow. I'm so sorry for disappearing, I have been so busy! I'm running late for work now, but I'll be back soon!
heathsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #35
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
Uh Oh!! The pictures!! I know they were there when I first posted I will have to look into that hopefully tonight or tomorrow. I'm so sorry for disappearing, I have been so busy! I'm running late for work now, but I'll be back soon!
Hurry! I"m anxious to hear about the rest of your trip!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 05-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #36
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
Anyone else can't see any of the last pictures?
So sorry!! I have no idea what happened! I know they were there when I first posted, and when I went back to edit this morning, all the codes were weird! But it's fixed now
Old 05-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #37
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieinDisney View Post
Joining in the fun on this one! Your comment about LA traffic made me smile, because I have been stuck in traffic at 11pm a few different times. However, I can't see the pictures either Looking forward to the rest of it!
Welcome! Thanks for joining! I hope you didn't change your mind since I haven't updated in forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
I'm do excited to hear about your trip! We lived in LA for 4 years but I grew up in Orlando. I love to hear about what WDW vets think of DL. There are things that make each park special and unique. I cant wait to hear what you thought of the park!
Thanks for joining! There are definitely things that make each park special. I feel like I only got a teeny taste of what Disneyland has to offer but it was a really awesome and delicious taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Hurry! I"m anxious to hear about the rest of your trip!
I know I'm so sorry! I've been awful with keeping up with the TR. I will definitely post at least one update today and try to get another in during the next week. I usually try to get a big chunk of time to sit and do a whole update, but since that's not working out I may have to try doing just a little bit each day over the course of a few days. I'm definitely not finding enough time for the DIS
Old 05-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #38
LizzieinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post

Welcome! Thanks for joining! I hope you didn't change your mind since I haven't updated in forever!
Of course I didn't change my mind. Good Disneyland TR's are always worth waiting for.
I am a Disney fanatic. I am a long-time Disneyland Annual Passholder and now a WDW Cast Member. Follow my blog, www.lizzieindisney.blogspot.com for tips, tricks, and dining reviews. And follow me on Twitter @lizzieindisney or Facebook, facebook.com/lizzieindisney

Old 05-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #39
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Chapter 3 - Five Hundred Hours on the DisBoards Pays Off!

Chapter 3 - Five Hundred Hours on the DisBoards Pays Off!

I'm not sure why I was so unprepared for what was coming. I had seen huge crowds waiting to enter the parks in Disney World before opening, yet what I saw at Disneyland still shocked me. Here's a picture to give you an idea:

That's mostly DCA crowds but Disneyland wasn't any better. It seems I didn't actually take a picture of the line for Disneyland. And note, I said "line", like singular. There was ONE line and it was LOOOOOOONG! It snaked and curved around through the esplanade. For some reason, I seemed to think there would be a very small crowd waiting for the park to open. Again, I realize now the silliness of this and have no idea why I would have thought that.

As we waded through the crowds to try to find the end of the line, I snapped a few pictures. Although I was shocked by the line (I really couldn't get over the fact that it was just ONE line!), I was still doing the happy dance because we were at Disneyland!

So this is where we ended up on line:

Don't be fooled. I know it looks like we're close to the entrance but we were on the end of a very long and very curvy line. DCA seemed to have separate lines though.

Now, here is where it gets interesting...

I decided to ask a CM if this was the right place for us to be waiting. I just couldn't imagine only one line going through with all these turnstiles. Through my devout Disney studies, I had learned from easywdw.com and DisBoards that in WDW turnstiles that are used for EMH, breakfast reservations, or tours before park opening will usually change over right at opening for general admission and will have super short lines. Since many of the turnstiles here were being used for Early Entry, I figured I should ask a CM, just in case there was a way we wouldn't have to wait on that super long snaky line.

Bobby waited in line while I found a super friendly CM nearby. He was so nice, and told me that the gate nearest us which was currently marked "Exit Only" would become an entrance in a few minutes and we could wait over there.

Here's what he was talking about:

And here's a closer look:

People were going in now for Early Entry so we walked over to wait in that area. I, of course, couldn't stop talking about what a genius I am and saying things like "See Bob! Spending all that time on the Disboards does pay off!"

We were standing around in that area for a minute or so when a different CM asked if we were EE and we said no, we were waiting for the park to open. As friendly as that first CM was... this one was super NOT friendly. He very rudely told us and another couple standing nearby that we couldn't wait there and had to get on the back of the super long snaky line. I pointed out that another CM told us we could wait there and he asked us who. I pointed out the original CM, and this guy said, "Well I don't know who that is and this is MY area and you can't stand here." And I was like

I don't like getting in trouble or doing the wrong thing ever, much less in Disney. And he was mean! And my happy Disney bubble was bursted a little bit. Not to mention, the long snaky line was now even longer and we had lost our spot. So, we got back on the end of the line. I was really upset about the whole thing, as was the couple standing right behind us. Apparently, the girl had heard the same thing from that first CM that I did. We started talking to them and decided that us girls would go wait near the "forbidden area" while the guys waited in the long line and we'd see what happens and call them if they opened up the exit only.

We walked back over near that area, and we certainly weren't the only ones with this idea. We were standing there for maybe a minute when it was announced that the exit gate was now an entrance for everyone, and a huge mob of people was headed our way. We didn't even have to call the boys because they saw everyone walking over. We were maybe the fifth group on line and it couldn't have worked out more perfectly!

So I was back to informing Bobby about what a genius I am, and how valuable that time spent on the Disboards proved to be! I took a few pictures as we entered the park but I was really trying to soak up the Disney atmosphere and appreciate where I was. I was in Walt's Park!! The original!! Mickey's home!! Aaahhh!!!

I was on cloud nine, skipping down the street and about to get my first look at Sleeping Beauty Castle...
Old 05-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #40
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Of course I didn't change my mind. Good Disneyland TR's are always worth waiting for.
I'm so glad! I just followed you on twitter. You must be thrilled about starting your CP! Have you seen this thread? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050629
Old 05-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #41
LizzieinDisney
Mouseketeer

Thanks for following! I did see that thread, Jess inspires me I am hoping to do a similar thing with my blog during my CP

Old 05-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #42
burly
DIS Veteran

Following along.
burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #43
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Wow, i'm so sorry you encountered a rude CM Every CM I have talked to at DLR is always so helpful and friendly. But i'm glad you were determined not to give up Good thinking about leaving the boys back in the 'snake-line'. I don't think i've ever seen just one line before. That is really strange. Did they change over a few gates from 'exit only' or just one?

Old 05-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #44
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

And no worries at all about trying to find the time to DIS. We'll still be here for you

Old 05-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #45
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for following! I did see that thread, Jess inspires me I am hoping to do a similar thing with my blog during my CP
You're going to have such an amazing experience! I'm so jealous... I wish I had known the DCP existed when I was in college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Following along.
Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Wow, i'm so sorry you encountered a rude CM Every CM I have talked to at DLR is always so helpful and friendly. But i'm glad you were determined not to give up Good thinking about leaving the boys back in the 'snake-line'. I don't think i've ever seen just one line before. That is really strange. Did they change over a few gates from 'exit only' or just one?
I have no idea if they opened more turnstiles. Once we got through I never looked back!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: