Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
Tara619
Mouseketeer

Dolphin Extreme (GC) or Push Pull Swim (Cox)

Which dolphin excursion would you recommend between the Dolphin Extreme in Grand Cayman or the Push Pull Swim in Cozumel? How much are the picture CDs?

We plan on doing the Atlantis Submarine expedition too, but both ports have it.

June 27-July 4, 2015 Disney Fantasy
June 22-29, 2013 Disney Fantasy
June 9-15, 2009 All Star Movies
April 10-17, 2004 Disney Magic
May 30-June 2, 2002 Disney Wonder
Tara619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
pannm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara619 View Post
Which dolphin excursion would you recommend between the Dolphin Extreme in Grand Cayman or the Push Pull Swim in Cozumel?

We did the one in Grand Caymans. It was the same swim/experiance. We spoke to people who did it in Cozumel and they did exactly the same thing as we did. The time amount in the water was the same, the surroundings were about the same. The only big difference that we noticed when talking with other people was the amount of people. There were A LOT more people in Cozumel trying to do it than in the Caymans! They said that it can be a very full excursion in Cozumel. Not as many people doing it in the Caymans

How much are the picture CDs? The first price you see listed is not the price you pay. They will haggle with you. Our package was $49 and we got a CD of ALL of our pictures and a few keepsake photos. After talking with others, some paid much more than us, but others paid less and just got the CD. You really don't need more than the CD, because it's easier to hold onto than the photos

We plan on doing the Atlantis Submarine expedition too, but both ports have it.

Have fun, both locations are great!

Feb/March 2013...FIRST CRUISE (certainly NOT the last!)...July 2012, 4 nights Paridise Pier Disneyland...Sept. 2011, 4 nights pop century 3 nights AKL...March 2011, 11 nights pop century on dinning plan...May 2010, 8 nights all-inclusive Dreams Cabo...December 2010, 5 nights-Royal Pacific Universal resort...October 2009, 5 nights Wilderness Lodge...February 2009, 10 nights split between pop century and animal kingdom lodge...December 2007, 7 nights pop century
pannm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
Tara619
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much, pannm!! I'm from Ohio too.

O-H ....

June 27-July 4, 2015 Disney Fantasy
June 22-29, 2013 Disney Fantasy
June 9-15, 2009 All Star Movies
April 10-17, 2004 Disney Magic
May 30-June 2, 2002 Disney Wonder
Tara619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
mncooldad
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the advice. I am guessing more people do the stingrays in Grand Cayman. I know that is what we are doing. Then doing the dolphins in Cozumel.
mncooldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
pannm
Mouseketeer

Though Stingray City is very nice and a lot of fun, I only heard complaints about it on the cruise that we were on. It is a wonderful excursion, if you don't have 5 mega ships at port for the day. If you have a port day when there are a lot of people, there ends up being SO MANY people and SO MANY boats that it is not enjoyable. One guy almost got hit by a boat and the people we talked to hardly got any time with the stingrays, because there were HUGE crowds of people! PLUS, it is not an excursion that is 'population regulated' because there are SEVERAL different companies offering it as an excursion.

Look to see how many ships are in port before you do it...

Feb/March 2013...FIRST CRUISE (certainly NOT the last!)...July 2012, 4 nights Paridise Pier Disneyland...Sept. 2011, 4 nights pop century 3 nights AKL...March 2011, 11 nights pop century on dinning plan...May 2010, 8 nights all-inclusive Dreams Cabo...December 2010, 5 nights-Royal Pacific Universal resort...October 2009, 5 nights Wilderness Lodge...February 2009, 10 nights split between pop century and animal kingdom lodge...December 2007, 7 nights pop century
pannm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: