Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #61
glasslipper
DIS Veteran
 
glasslipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 734

Where is the dwarves meet and greet located usually? I was thinking near the mine ride even though it isn't going to be open yet?
__________________
When you wish upon a star, your dreams may not always come true, but it sure can't hurt to try!
glasslipper is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #62
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 24,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslipper
Where is the dwarves meet and greet located usually? I was thinking near the mine ride even though it isn't going to be open yet?
Past couple years by exit to Splash. Unknown if they'll move this year. Likelihood is a little higher they'll move this year because their prior location should be back from refurb by the time the parties start up--though I'm unsure how well a Seven Dwarves M&G will fit in with The Princess And the Pee.
__________________
WDW: 44 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 11 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)

Last edited by mesaboy2; 03-07-2013 at 07:43 AM.
mesaboy2 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-07-2013, 06:55 AM   #63
Dziactor
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 469

Hope to go the last day of this, hope they release the dates soon.
__________________

Dziactor is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #64
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 915

what are photpass ops? I have only been to MVMCP and don't remember these for that party. Is this where when you get your picture back there is a little magic in the photo?

Are the lines long for these ops and which are the best...???

Parade viewing spots...anything different about the BOO parade that affects where you view it from??? We typically view parades from main street or frontierland in front of the Hall of Presidents.
__________________
Disney 2012 Family of 10 Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAUFuetpw9kor for itoys:http://vimeo.com/59235670
hollygolitely93 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #65
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 24,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
what are photpass ops? I have only been to MVMCP and don't remember these for that party. Is this where when you get your picture back there is a little magic in the photo?

Are the lines long for these ops and which are the best...???

Parade viewing spots...anything different about the BOO parade that affects where you view it from??? We typically view parades from main street or frontierland in front of the Hall of Presidents.
Aside from the usual character and scenery (castle, main street) PhotoPass spots, yes there are several "magic" locations as well. Two different ones are typically by Haunted Mansion (where a "ghost might follow you home"), and another by Pirates of the Carribean (with a vague burning building effect). Lines are not typically long in my experience. As a HM fan, naturally I recommend those.

As for parade location--no, I can't think of anything about Boo-To-You different enough to recommend a spot other than your favorite.
__________________
WDW: 44 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 11 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #66
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 28,101

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Aside from the usual character and scenery (castle, main street) PhotoPass spots, yes there are several "magic" locations as well. Two different ones are typically by Haunted Mansion (where a "ghost might follow you home"), and another by Pirates of the Carribean (with a vague burning building effect). Lines are not typically long in my experience. As a HM fan, naturally I recommend those.
just to add.......there is nothing that identifies these locations as having a "magic shot" which may account for the short lines. I know last year one of the magic shots was just against a brick wall. (The ghosts are added in later) so it looks like a very boring shot unless you know what you are looking for.
mom2rtk is online now  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #67
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 24,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
just to add.......there is nothing that identifies these locations as having a "magic shot" which may account for the short lines. I know last year one of the magic shots was just against a brick wall. (The ghosts are added in later) so it looks like a very boring shot unless you know what you are looking for.
Yep.

There is no signage indicating why exactly that PP photographer is standing in that spot with no character around or picturesque castle behind. If there were, the lines would likely increase. Kinda an "inside baseball" deal.
__________________
WDW: 44 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 11 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #68
>Ash<
Sorcerer Of The Magic Kingdom
 
>Ash<'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 736

Boo to you!!!!!

wooooo BOO TO YOU & YOU!!! time to check in!!! ill be hitting up about 3 parties this year going first and second week of October!!

i love halloween its only because england doesnt do alot to celerbrate the season!!
__________________
>Ash<
https://www.facebook.com/LivingTheMagic
Like my Disney Facebook Page

>Ash< is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #69
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer
 
daisymomof4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: On a rock in the Atlantic
Posts: 203

I want to jump in here too!

We plan to be at WDW the last two weeks of October. Our only other WDW trip was in mid-October '06 and we didn't go to the party (that was fine with us at the time). Part of me wants to go Halloween night, another part of me wants to stay far, far away on Halloween night, lol.

I read it sells out on Halloween, but can anyone tell me how many tickets are sold for the party? Our little kids will be 12, 10 and almost 6 so I know the age is just right and that they'd enjoy it no matter how crowded it gets. My DH on the other hand...he might not like it so much, lol.
daisymomof4 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #70
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 24,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymomof4 View Post
I want to jump in here too!

We plan to be at WDW the last two weeks of October. Our only other WDW trip was in mid-October '06 and we didn't go to the party (that was fine with us at the time). Part of me wants to go Halloween night, another part of me wants to stay far, far away on Halloween night, lol.

I read it sells out on Halloween, but can anyone tell me how many tickets are sold for the party? Our little kids will be 12, 10 and almost 6 so I know the age is just right and that they'd enjoy it no matter how crowded it gets. My DH on the other hand...he might not like it so much, lol.
Nope--Disney doesn't tell. Most estimates have the total number at anywhere from 25,000 to 35,000 tickets.

Park-wide will be fairly empty. Hot-spots for party activities will often not.
__________________
WDW: 44 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 11 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #71
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer
 
daisymomof4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: On a rock in the Atlantic
Posts: 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Nope--Disney doesn't tell. Most estimates have the total number at anywhere from 25,000 to 35,000 tickets.

Park-wide will be fairly empty. Hot-spots for party activities will often not.
Thanks a million for the quick reply!
daisymomof4 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #72
Disfamily0405
Mouseketeer
 
Disfamily0405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 289

SUPER EXCITED!!!!
My husband and I will be going Sept. 20 for the first time
We are going to spend the night at the Wilderness lodge, do the party then get up and go to Port Canaveral where we leave on a 7 night cruise! This is going to be one AWESOME ANNIVERSARY!
Disfamily0405 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #73
celestialred
Keep the Dr. Pepper flowing or the fluffy bunny bites it!
 
celestialred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: FWA
Posts: 105

Jumping on the bandwagon here!! We're planning to attend on 9/24 and this will be our first MNSSHP. And all four of us will be in costume!

I am looking for advice on how/where/lines to meet the villains after one of their shows. Specifically I want to get a pic with Maleficent (because my costume is inspired by hers).
__________________
Nicole DH
DD'05 DD'08 Ginger

CSR May 1998-Honeymoon
RPR @ Universal Jan 2007-Work Conference
Renaissance @ SeaWorld Jan 2013-Work Conference Micro-Trip Report Here!
Sep 2013-Back to CSR and First Trip For The Kids - Come check out my PTR here!
celestialred is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #74
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 24,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialred View Post
Jumping on the bandwagon here!! We're planning to attend on 9/24 and this will be our first MNSSHP. And all four of us will be in costume!

I am looking for advice on how/where/lines to meet the villains after one of their shows. Specifically I want to get a pic with Maleficent (because my costume is inspired by hers).
In past years, she has come down the ramp to the left of the stage as you face it. You'll want to be in this spot before the show ends, an informal line will likely form even before the show starts. She is very popular, and the time she and the other villains are available is very short. Pictures only, no autographs. You are unlikely to meet more than two villains after any one show. There are typically four (or maybe it's five--can't recall) shows offered each party night.
__________________
WDW: 44 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 11 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #75
klangkat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 130

We'll be at the first MNSSHP this September!
I did two parties last year, but it will be the first time my mum and sis will have been since 2001!
We'll be in costume as the three little pigs
Cannot wait!
__________________
Hi, I'm Kitty!



klangkat is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: