Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #46
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

We are going!! We plan on going to the first party on September 10th. This will be our 5th party. It is just DH and I and we love them.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #47
thorphin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTN View Post
We can GUESS September dates based on park hours for MK closing at 7pm, then here are the *TENTATIVE* dates for September MNSSHP:

9/10/13
9/13/13
9/17/13
9/20/13
9/24/13
9/27/13
Any reason you left off 9/29/13? MK closes at 7 on that day, so I assume it would be a MNSSHP night.

'83, '84: Fort Wilderness...'84: Golf Resort
'88, '93: Disney Inn..........'95, '98: Off Property
'00: Dixie Landings...........'02: PO Riverside
'05: Beach Club Villas.......'09, '10 PO Riverside
09/2013: Poly!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #48
MacClemsons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky946 View Post
Ok, so we have been to Disney World before, our last trip was just in January of 2013. We are going Oct 3-8th and dh is going to run the TOT 10 miler.

That being sad we have never been to the MNSSP party and we are all excited. My kids are character hunters and will wait in lines for them over rides or other events, however I don't want spend the whole entire party in lines for them.

They both want to see the Dwarfs and dd is desperate to see Rapunzel with Flynn. Other then that, I'm not sure who else.

So what should we do first? and who else should we see?

Thanks
We went to our first MNSSHP last year. Had been hesitant since our first experience with party (MVMCP) was not positive (our kids were too young). But we had so much fun we are going back this year - to both MNSSHP and MVMCP.

I got in line for Dwarves about 550pm last year on the 1st party. I was about 10 groups back. I waited in line with my baby while DH had my other 3 kids. I let the people around me know when I got there. I told them that I didn't want to wait in line with my kids (then 6, 7, 8) for more than an hour and I'm sure they appreciated not having to be around my kids that long too.

I don't do that for every character, but also did that for Genie & Abu because the wait was longer due to characters not being out due to parade.

My kids love to hunt characters and we did get a bunch. We still saw parade, Villains bash, did a dance party and trick or treated. We didn't get every character we wanted, so just prioritize who you want to meet. Characters after the Villain Bash only met for about 15 mins after each show so you might want to budget watching that twice, if you are interested in meeting Villains.

Upcoming AoA May 14 SWW
Jan 14 Coronado 1/2 Marathon
Dec 13 ASMu, Oct 13 CBR ToT 10 miler, Sept 13 MNSSHP AoA Nemo Suite, May 13 Cabins, Apr 13 ASSports, Feb 13 POP, Jan 13 SOG
Sep 12 MNSSHP ASMovies, June 12 - SWW off property, Mar 12 SOG
Dec 11 POR, Sep 11 ASMovies
Dec 09 MVMCP ASMovies, Sep 08 SOG, July 03 Hilton DTD
Old 03-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #49
dubskates
Earning My Ears

We'll be there - one of the later October dates. It'll be our first Disney party!! Super excited! :D
Old 03-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #50
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer

We went twice on our trip last September and plan to go twice again this September. Can't wait!!
Wilderness Lodge Sept 8-16, 2013
Disney Magic 7 nt Mediterranean, May 31, 2014
Old 03-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #51
ArieBella
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu03 View Post
Yay! This will be our first year going as Florida residents! I'm so excited! I've just got to figure out when will be the best time for us to go. We're 3 hours way in Naples, so we'll definately have to spend several days. So excited! We went a few years ago and had a blast!
We are in Cape Coral and we are recent Florida residents too! Gotta love it!

Old 03-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #52
Egdisney
Mouseketeer

This is everyone's first Disney trip and the party will make it that much more special! My husband is so annoyed with me as I am constantly telling him all the amazing things we can do at Disney
Old 03-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #53
Peepster

Earning My Ears

Guess we're kind of the oddity here. We will be making our 50th (or 51st, I lost count) trip and while we have attended MNSSHP before this is the first time we've rented a kid! Really looking forward to the party this time! Hope she can keep up with the old folks
Old 03-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #54
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorphin

Any reason you left off 9/29/13? MK closes at 7 on that day, so I assume it would be a MNSSHP night.
You are correct!! 09/29 is also a 7pm closing
2005 - Coronado Springs (couples trip with my then fiance, now DH)
Nov 2011 - POR, DDs first trip
Feb 2012 - POR
Feb 2013 - POR
**July 29-August 3, 2013 - Bonnet Creek
**August 3 - August 6th, 2013 - Pop Century
**Oct 6-11, 2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP
Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #55
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

Well that explains it!! . Yes, thank you for pointing that out!
Feb 2012 - POR
Feb 2013 - POR
Old 03-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #56
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

Okay, so my questions:

1. Do they offer dessert parties during MNSSHP?

2. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that maybe the princess will meet at the new fairy tale hall... Is this a safe bet?

3. Photopass ops: cinderella's coach, hitch hiking ghost by haunted mansion, smokey pic by PoC... Any other special photopass ops I'm
Missing

4. Where is this golden horseshoe? DD4 loves Jessie but I have no clue where horseshoe is...

5. Are genie and Abu in two separate lines?

I'm sure I have other questions but I'm tired and can't think of them right now
Feb 2012 - POR
Feb 2013 - POR
Old 03-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #57
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah

6. Is Pinocchio at MNSSHP?

Thanks!!
Feb 2012 - POR
Feb 2013 - POR
Old 03-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #58
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTN View Post
Okay, so my questions:
I'll answer the ones that I can.

I'm not sure, although I wouldn't recommend it on a party night. You'll waste valuable party time here, at least an hour or more.

2. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that maybe the princess will meet at the new fairy tale hall... Is this a safe bet?
No one knows yet. There is no official opening for the new Princess Hall. Last year Rapunzel, Cinderella and Snow White met their their Princes in Town Square. Aurora met with Prince Phillip in Fantasyland, Tiana and Naveen met at their usual spot. Jasmine met in Adventureland (her usual spot) Belle and Ariel didn't meet for the Halloween party, although they are in their new "homes" now and were regularly meeting for the Christmas Party (note Belle's location isn't a traditional meet and greet, it's a short "show" where she retells the Beauty and the Beast Show. No autographs but you can get photos with Belle afterwards)

3. Photopass ops: cinderella's coach, hitch hiking ghost by haunted mansion, smokey pic by PoC... Any other special photopass ops I'm
Missing?
I can't think of any others, someone else might come along and add in a few.

4. Where is this golden horseshoe? DD4 loves Jessie but I have no clue where horseshoe is...
It's in Liberty Square. They hold Woody's Happy Harvest Roundup with Woody, Jessie and Bullseye. It's not an official meet and greet, it's a dance party and the characters rarely pose for photos unless it's very quite. The later you go the party, the quieter it is. You can take candid photos on the dance floor. Also Jessie meets with Woody near Splash Mountain. You can enter MK from 4pm and you should be able to catch them for a regular meet and greet before the party.

Genie and Abu are generally two separate lines. Aladdin meets with Abu, Jasmine needs with Genie. The two pairs swap out meets throughout the night.

He wasn't in 2012. No one knows whether he will be for 2013. There have been rumors they he will start meeting regularly again but nothing has been confirmed.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 03-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #59
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83

I'll answer the ones that I can.

I'm not sure, although I wouldn't recommend it on a party night. You'll waste valuable party time here, at least an hour or more.

No one knows yet. There is no official opening for the new Princess Hall. Last year Rapunzel, Cinderella and Snow White met their their Princes in Town Square. Aurora met with Prince Phillip in Fantasyland, Tiana and Naveen met at their usual spot. Jasmine met in Adventureland (her usual spot) Belle and Ariel didn't meet for the Halloween party, although they are in their new "homes" now and were regularly meeting for the Christmas Party (note Belle's location isn't a traditional meet and greet, it's a short "show" where she retells the Beauty and the Beast Show. No autographs but you can get photos with Belle afterwards)

Missing?
I can't think of any others, someone else might come along and add in a few.

It's in Liberty Square. They hold Woody's Happy Harvest Roundup with Woody, Jessie and Bullseye. It's not an official meet and greet, it's a dance party and the characters rarely pose for photos unless it's very quite. The later you go the party, the quieter it is. You can take candid photos on the dance floor. Also Jessie meets with Woody near Splash Mountain. You can enter MK from 4pm and you should be able to catch them for a regular meet and greet before the party.

Genie and Abu are generally two separate lines. Aladdin meets with Abu, Jasmine needs with Genie. The two pairs swap out meets throughout the night.

He wasn't in 2012. No one knows whether he will be for 2013. There have been rumors they he will start meeting regularly again but nothing has been confirmed.
Thanks Princess!!! Sounds like so much fun! I was wondering about #1 because if there isn't would that terrace be open to all guests? Seems like a great spot to watch from . Thanks for all the info. I'm getting so excited!
Feb 2012 - POR
Feb 2013 - POR
Old 03-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #60
DisneyMOM09
Blessed to be in love with a man who loves Disney!

We are going to be there In October for our first fall visit and our first MNSSHP!!! The whole family is excited and we are already planning our costumes!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: