Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
picatinny
Definate Disney Addict

I'm already 3 weeks ahead of you! We plan to be there on Halloween!

SOG next 10/2013

Old 03-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #17
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Halloween is apparently my kids' favorite holiday because they're already planning their costumes, and already planning what to do at MNSSHP! It cracks me up, because our son was only 2 on our last trip, and was a total crab during our party time, fell asleep right after the first villain show, woke up during the finale of the fireworks, and was crabby for the rest of the night, including through the parade. I swear he hated the whole thing, but he's been running through the house signing Boo to You for a week now. I don't know how he even remembers it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #18
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmomhop View Post
This trip will be our first time at the MNSSHP. We heard they hand out treats at certain spots. Do they hand out maps for the kids to follow? I'll be making my granddaughter a Snow White costume and figure Poppop can be her Grumpy
All party maps will show the trick-or-treat locations. Small bags will also be provided.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
Old 03-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #19
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTN View Post
Here's the tricky part... if you go by last year... they swap to Mondays early in October... last year they had Monday/Thursday/Friday for the first couple weeks of October... it's kind of weird. Then I think they switch back to Mondays later in October.
Actually, the only Monday party last year was on Columbus Day, which was October 8th. If they do the same this year, Columbus Day is on October 14th. Otherwise, I think you'd be pretty safe in assuming Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #20
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

We will be there Halloween night, we hope! What is the trick and treating like on busy nights like that. I will have a 3 and 7 year old then, trick or treating, shows, parade and ambience will be our priority. Don't care about meet and greets except we have to see Alice and friends as we will be dressed as wonderland characters. We also will probably have to see the first parade...as the kids won't make it past that...can't wait to map out a plan for the night!

Oh, I am interested n the nights too as it affects what parks we got to other days...I'd like to see a Spector parade as we haven't seen any parade but MVMCP for our previous visits. With the date shifts this year it is confusing to do a side by side comparison.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #21
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
We will be there Halloween night, we hope!

1. What is the trick and treating like on busy nights like that. I will have a 3 and 7 year old then, trick or treating, shows, parade and ambience will be our priority.

2. Don't care about meet and greets except we have to see Alice and friends as we will be dressed as wonderland characters.

3. We also will probably have to see the first parade...as the kids won't make it past that...can't wait to map out a plan for the night!

Oh, I am interested n the nights too as it affects what parks we got to other days...

4. I'd like to see a Spector parade as we haven't seen any parade but MVMCP for our previous visits. With the date shifts this year it is confusing to do a side by side comparison.
1. Lines will likely be long, but they typically move pretty fast.

2. Those characters have historically met by Mad Tea Party.

3. It will be very crowded. Plan on arriving at least 30-45 minutes before the parade starts, depending on where on the route you plan to see it from.

4. SpectroMagic is not offered and is not expected to be offered for the foreseeable future. Main Street Electrical Parade will be offered on non-party nights, but expect those to be crowded as well because of the limited nights it is offered.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #22
Spunky946
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren

Actually, the only Monday party last year was on Columbus Day, which was October 8th. If they do the same this year, Columbus Day is on October 14th. Otherwise, I think you'd be pretty safe in assuming Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
I hope so. Dh is running the tot on sat oct 5th and hoping for one Sunday night, so we can having a relaxing morning/early afternoon.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #23
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Thanks Mesaboy! Always so helpful...

Are some of the lines better than others...I guess it would depend how you define better...faster? More pleasant/better themed?

Also, how many lines do you think small kids should go through...men would be happy with about 15-20 pieces of candy...assuming these are bite size typical trick or treat sweets.

Also, my daughter has peanut allergies...do they have allergy-friendly candy...if not I will be sure to bring some and trade it out!

As for the parade on non-part nights...I am sort of hoping for FP+ by then...that it may be my ticket to a parade spot to view MSEP (forgot it replaced Spectro) without pulling my hair out...we have avoided the 1-2 non-party nights in all our past trips to avoid the mayhem...but i do want to see an electrical parade once in my life! ha!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #24
khaoskat
Mouseketeer

Totally new to the Disney experience, this will be our first trip ever (except DH, but he went back in the 1980's when he was a kid).

1) When you purchase tickets are they for a specific night, or can you just pick one of the nights it is offered while you are there?

2) How much candy do they really get at the trick or treat spots?

3) Can you get pictures taken with the kids while they are getting candy from the characters?

4) Do a lot of adults really dress up, or is the dress up really mostly for the kids. I have an easy costume (Ren Fair Garb), but hubby does not.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #25
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
Thanks Mesaboy! Always so helpful...

1. Are some of the lines better than others...I guess it would depend how you define better...faster? More pleasant/better themed?

2. Also, how many lines do you think small kids should go through...men would be happy with about 15-20 pieces of candy...assuming these are bite size typical trick or treat sweets.

3. Also, my daughter has peanut allergies...do they have allergy-friendly candy...if not I will be sure to bring some and trade it out!

As for the parade on non-part nights...I am sort of hoping for FP+ by then...that it may be my ticket to a parade spot to view MSEP (forgot it replaced Spectro) without pulling my hair out...we have avoided the 1-2 non-party nights in all our past trips to avoid the mayhem...but i do want to see an electrical parade once in my life! ha!
1. The Splash Mountain and Alice TorT "trails" are the only two that are noteworthy to me. Each has multiple candy stations along the route, and some light theming along the way. The Splash one tends to be crowded, the Alice one (which runs behind the Speedway between Storybook Circus and Tomorrowland) not so much. All the other stops are basically walk through a line and a CM gives you candy.

2. Do as many as you like, as many times as you like. You will likely fill the small bag with some decent candy by the end of the night. Some bring additional bags for the overage.

3. Absolutely. You can stop by Guest Relations for allergy-free treats instead. The regular stops offer only regular candy, or sometimes fruit (the Jungle Cruise stop did bananas last year).

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoskat View Post
Totally new to the Disney experience, this will be our first trip ever (except DH, but he went back in the 1980's when he was a kid).

1) When you purchase tickets are they for a specific night, or can you just pick one of the nights it is offered while you are there?

2) How much candy do they really get at the trick or treat spots?

3) Can you get pictures taken with the kids while they are getting candy from the characters?

4) Do a lot of adults really dress up, or is the dress up really mostly for the kids. I have an easy costume (Ren Fair Garb), but hubby does not.
1. You purchase tickets for a particular night. Some have reported success swapping their tickets for another night in the past, but your ticket must be for the night it is printed for.

2. Lots. See above.

3. Characters don't hand out candy, only CMs.

4. Call it 50/50 for the adults, much more than that for kids of course.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #26
Spunky946
DIS Veteran

Have a few questions

Ok, so we have been to Disney World before, our last trip was just in January of 2013. We are going Oct 3-8th and dh is going to run the TOT 10 miler.

That being sad we have never been to the MNSSP party and we are all excited. My kids are character hunters and will wait in lines for them over rides or other events, however I don't want spend the whole entire party in lines for them.

They both want to see the Dwarfs and dd is desperate to see Rapunzel with Flynn. Other then that, I'm not sure who else.

So what should we do first? and who else should we see?

Thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #27
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky946
Ok, so we have been to Disney World before, our last trip was just in January of 2013. We are going Oct 3-8th and dh is going to run the TOT 10 miler.

That being sad we have never been to the MNSSP party and we are all excited. My kids are character hunters and will wait in lines for them over rides or other events, however I don't want spend the whole entire party in lines for them.

They both want to see the Dwarfs and dd is desperate to see Rapunzel with Flynn. Other then that, I'm not sure who else.

So what should we do first? and who else should we see?

Thanks
Dwarves first, then princesses (which includes R/F). I recommend getting in line for the Dwarves well before party start, maybe 6:00p or so. Might be better served to wait on princesses until a parade or near the end of the night. Be careful with waiting though, since M&G lines are cut before close, sometimes an hour or so before.

I recommend any villains you might be interested in too. Maleficent, Snow Queen, Cruella, and Facilier are all good gets.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #28
Spunky946
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Dwarves first, then princesses (which includes R/F). I recommend getting in line for the Dwarves well before party start, maybe 6:00p or so. Might be better served to wait on princesses until a parade or near the end of the night. Be careful with waiting though, since M&G lines are cut before close, sometimes an hour or so before.

I recommend any villains you might be interested in too. Maleficent, Snow Queen, Cruella, and Facilier are all good gets.
Thanks. Is the dwarf line one of those lines that we all have to wait in, or is it acceptable for all of us to get in line and then one parent stay and the other parent go take the kids to do other stuff?
Old 03-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #29
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky946

Thanks. Is the dwarf line one of those lines that we all have to wait in, or is it acceptable for all of us to get in line and then one parent stay and the other parent go take the kids to do other stuff?
Always a situational thing. I think you'll find others around you interested in doing the same. I'd talk them up and feel them out. The line is typically outside and easy to get to, but this is very much an etiquette thing and often get dicey on boards like this.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #30
Spunky946
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Always a situational thing. I think you'll find others around you interested in doing the same. I'd talk them up and feel them out. The line is typically outside and easy to get to, but this is very much an etiquette thing and often get dicey on boards like this.
Thanks, I'll remember that. I'm getting excited. I'm assuming at some point there will be a map of the party that we can look at. that has the characters and trick or treat spots.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: