Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
Nana2Callie
DIS Veteran

Teva or Keen sandals

I see a lot of comments about these and have been searching for Keens, but haven't found them in my size for the price I can afford. So, I was considering the Teva which is closer to my budget - but which sandal will actually hold up to ALL day in WDW. Thanks. And where did you find the best price?
Nana2Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
angierae
DIS Veteran

I swear by my tevas. I have plantar fasciitis and I spent 9 days at WDW last April, wore my tevas every single day, and only barely had twinges of foot pain. In 2010 when I wore my tennis shoes I was in agony by day three and I switched to the Tevas and while it didn't get worse, it didn't really get better, either.

I got my latest pair from Amazon for around $40.

10-2013 - Pop Century / 4-2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 5-2010 - Pop Century
angierae is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
amcnj
DIS Veteran

I also have used Teva's all day many days while vactioning, including park walking. I found them to be comfortable and didn't have blister or other discomfort issues. I also purchaesd them on-line. I think it was at Sierra trading post.
amcnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

Tevas are very sturdy and will last forever. As to which is better - it just depends upon what's best for YOUR foot. My current pair of all day sandals are Columbia, because they had a style that didn't have straps across the widest part of my foot - that's where I get my blisters. Those have held up well too.
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
ssawka
DIS Veteran

I have had both and I don't think you can really compare them. They are both great, but Teva's are really a sandal, where as Keen's are more of a shoe that are comfortable enough to wear all day. I was like you when I saw the price of Keen's, but IMHO they are totally worth it.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

A PP mentioned Sierra Trading Post--great place to look for both brands. I got Keens for my husband and I before our trip to Costa Rica at a good price on that site. We liked them on our Costa Rica trip, but we were only hiking/walking off and on throughout the day and not on our feet for 12+ hours.

We wore our Keens to the Disney parks on the first day of our honeymoon, and that was the last day I wore mine. My foot got really hot and sweaty in the September heat and I got a blister. I hadn't gotten one previously while wearing the shoe. My husband lasted a few more days, but mid-trip we made a run to the Crocs store and got him some Crocs that were comfortable the rest of his trip.

On recent trips we have each worn Merrell hiking sneakers and loved them. I also love the sandals I got at The Walking Store. They were almost $100 but sooooo worth it...

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
platamama
Mouseketeer

I have both Keens and Tevas, love both, and will assure you that Tevas will hold up to all day at the parks. I think Tevas are more attractive.
platamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #8
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

i vote for teva! last september, i wore my teva mush flip-flops to MK ALL DAY LONG, and not only did i not get any blisters, but my feet didn't hurt! now, these are original teva mush, not the mush II, so i can't vouch for those. i think you can only get the original mush directly from teva now.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #9
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

I love keens. I keep an eye out on shoebuy and 6pm for sales. I wear them all the time, and they are my only park shoe. But honestly, it depends on your feet. I could never wear a flip flop in the park all day.
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
cjnix29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #10
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

since others have mentioned Sierra Trading post, they've got a coupon code good through today, March 6 for 20% off any order. The code is ALHEART3.

I saw the suggestions for Tevas, so I thought I'd check... I hope this helps someone!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #11
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Quote:
Originally Posted by platamama View Post
I have both Keens and Tevas, love both, and will assure you that Tevas will hold up to all day at the parks. I think Tevas are more attractive.
the teva's are definitely great for all day walking- used them many times and they're great, I also love keens, I have sneakers (best winter shoe ever) keen snow boots (love) and keen hiking sandals -
The keens are comfortable, but the sneakers and boots are for cold weather,and the sandals are GREAT for hiking,etc b/c they can get wet and are very sturdy and comfortable, but for all day pavement walking I go with Teva mush flip flops- sierra trading post is great for closeouts on these brands,and they last a long time-well worth the money. (I got all my shoes either 2nd hand or thru STP)
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #12
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka
I have had both and I don't think you can really compare them. They are both great, but Teva's are really a sandal, where as Keen's are more of a shoe that are comfortable enough to wear all day. I was like you when I saw the price of Keen's, but IMHO they are totally worth it.
Teva does carry some sandals that are the same as Keens. So does Skecher and Columbia. All seem to be well made, so it really does depend on what is comfortable and looks best (and makes the most fiscal sense) on each person.
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
amwhitaker
Not happy unless I'm going to Disney. I will NEVER grow up!

I wear either Keens or Crocs. Both have been great for all the walking I do around Disney. I can also throw both into the washer.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #14
luvdzny
DIS Veteran

I used to love my Teva sandles, until I developed plantar fascitis. Now I wear Sole flip flops, they have more support than Tevas and are just as comfortable!

Plus they are cute.

Right now Amazon has certain colors on sale.

luvdzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #15
sayheyrenee
Mouseketeer

I wear keens. I am an adult size 8 but can wear the big kids size 6. If your larger then a size 8 your out of luck but smaller than 8 can convert to a big kids size. Go on keens direct website, they explain it.
I purchase mine on amazon.

For example
big kids size 6 Newport h2 for $30.00.
Women's size 8 Newport h2 are $85.00.
sayheyrenee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: