Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #136
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

I am so enjoying your whole trip report. In fact, I read some of your updates while queueing for rides in DLP! Was a great way to pass the time!

Really loving the update from Hong Kong, it's making me want to visit now! Maybe one day!
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:00 AM   #137
Aussie Wendy
DIS Veteran

Since I have to be up at 5.30 I need to go to bed so will double back and catch up on HKDL tomorrow but wanted to say thanks for the advice re DLP. Bit of a traumatic trip to the airport for you - lol. Not fun when its happening.

We have flown BA once-long haul to Europe on a Qantas code share - my IFE didn't work and worse, my seat was broken, but the flight was full so I had to put up with it. Even had a struggle just getting a spare pillow to try and pad the metal bits that dug in. I forget now the other dramas but I seem to recall there were more and basically we will NEVER fly BA again!

So sweet of your DH to meet you as a surprise. I'm off to bed now. Look forward to catching up on the HK tales tomorrow!
TR Exploration Europe

Me DH DD:

Aussie Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #138
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Well....the smallest park in the Disney stable has one thing going for it. No need to stake out a spot hours in advance for the parade.

Nice pictures. Hope you made it for a massage.
Now I'm not promising it will be like that all the time! But both times we've been in March it has been very quiet.

Spoiler alert... the massage didn't happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
I am so enjoying your whole trip report. In fact, I read some of your updates while queueing for rides in DLP! Was a great way to pass the time!

Really loving the update from Hong Kong, it's making me want to visit now! Maybe one day!
Great idea! I'm waiting for Disney to roll out free wifi at all their resorts so I can do that too!

As nice as HKDL is, it's really not a destination in itself. It's good for a stopover though, or as part of an Asian holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Wendy View Post
Since I have to be up at 5.30 I need to go to bed so will double back and catch up on HKDL tomorrow but wanted to say thanks for the advice re DLP. Bit of a traumatic trip to the airport for you - lol. Not fun when its happening.

We have flown BA once-long haul to Europe on a Qantas code share - my IFE didn't work and worse, my seat was broken, but the flight was full so I had to put up with it. Even had a struggle just getting a spare pillow to try and pad the metal bits that dug in. I forget now the other dramas but I seem to recall there were more and basically we will NEVER fly BA again!

So sweet of your DH to meet you as a surprise. I'm off to bed now. Look forward to catching up on the HK tales tomorrow!
That sounds like a terrible flight My experience hasn't completely put me off (after all, it's not their fault I forgot to request an aisle seat and the plane was full), and I still much preferred them to Air France.

So glad to hear that you've learned from my mistake Definitely get the TGV! Luckily I managed not to get too stressed out at the time, just had to make the best of it.

I was going to add another update this morning, but I've run out of time, so looks like you'll be able to catch up on last night's one first

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 DLR Half Marathon Weekend PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #139
Aussie Wendy
DIS Veteran

It may be small but it looks a pretty park and so quiet this day (and beautiful weather after all those grey skies!) Somehow Grizzly mountain looks more like a wolf than a bear to me? What sort of ride is it? (very rollery coaster in the end?) I like all the Asian food!!
TR Exploration Europe

Me DH DD:

Aussie Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #140
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
I have to say Paris’s version of SM has spoilt me! HK’s was not nearly as dark or thrilling as I remembered. But I did enjoy the soundtrack, which I have learnt off by heart from my Disneyland album. It was fun anyway
Did you sing along out loud? Our family love singing along on POTC....Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me.

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:08 AM   #141
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Wendy View Post
It may be small but it looks a pretty park and so quiet this day (and beautiful weather after all those grey skies!) Somehow Grizzly mountain looks more like a wolf than a bear to me? What sort of ride is it? (very rollery coaster in the end?) I like all the Asian food!!
Yes it is pretty, and unique too with the mountains in the background like that. In person grizzly mountain is very much like the one in Anaheim. But I can see how you might get a wolf from my photos It was a fairly tame rollercoaster along the lines of BTM, except it has the short backwards bit in the middle and then a blast off section at the end. It's nothing like Rock N Roller Coaster or California Screamin though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemum View Post
Did you sing along out loud? Our family love singing along on POTC....Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me.
I did hum out loud, and counted down just as we were about to take off - it's kind of hard to 'sing' the Space Mountain song Next time we go to Anaheim I'll definitely be singing on POTC and Haunted Mansion

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 DLR Half Marathon Weekend PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
Old 03-26-2013, 05:33 AM   #142
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Day 19 - Grizzlies, Geysers & Gulches... and the Rest!

Continued...

Dumbo was followed by the marching band, a few dancers, and the Mickey airship.

Next was Pooh, followed by some bouncing Tiggers and acrobatic bees.

This is where the parade stopped again for the interactive bit. The bouncing Tigger near us was great, and wished us a happy anniversary as he was bouncing around! The girl on the bee float wished us a happy birthday lol!

Next up was the princess float. Cinderella wished us a happy anniversary and did a little swoon thing.

Then there was the jungle themed float with some dancers. We got another happy birthday from one of them.

Fairies was next. I didn’t manage to get very good photos because of all the interaction with Tinker Bell! She was very excited that it was our anniversary, and made a little loveheart sign with her hands.

Continued in next post...

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING

Last edited by zanzibar138; 03-27-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:35 AM   #143
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I have just caught up and I am so glad I did! I am loving the diversity of your report....................snow one minute, ice cream the next!

I am so interested to see and read all about the other parks as I will be getting to each one eventually! We have postponed our big 4 castle trip until the end of of 2015 now, so I have loads of time to read and plan ( and save!!! ). It is now actually the 5 castle tour as we will be ducking over to Shaghai for the new park as we are going to be in Hong Kong so it's too close to miss! You will be there before us so I will be looking for your report then too!

And waht a wonderful DH you have............such a lovely surprise for your anniversary

Looking forward to more and thanks so much for a great report
Old 03-26-2013, 06:01 AM   #144
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I still think that parade is one of the best in the Disney stable. For me, I think only the AK parade beats the one at HKDL; but not by much.

Great pictures. Brings back lots of memories.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:14 AM   #145
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Sue Oz View Post
Hi!

I have just caught up and I am so glad I did! I am loving the diversity of your report....................snow one minute, ice cream the next!

I am so interested to see and read all about the other parks as I will be getting to each one eventually! We have postponed our big 4 castle trip until the end of of 2015 now, so I have loads of time to read and plan ( and save!!! ). It is now actually the 5 castle tour as we will be ducking over to Shaghai for the new park as we are going to be in Hong Kong so it's too close to miss! You will be there before us so I will be looking for your report then too!

And waht a wonderful DH you have............such a lovely surprise for your anniversary

Looking forward to more and thanks so much for a great report
Glad you're enjoying it!

I don't even know what the logistics of going to an opening day are, or whether the general public are even allowed But I plan to be there anyway, and just get into the park when I can. So yes, hopefully I will be able to put up a TR before you go. It's not supposed to be open until the end of 2015 though so you'll be there quite early in the piece.

And I agree, they're too close to go to one and not the other. I'm planning to come back via HK again as Mystic Point will be up and running by then

Quote:
I still think that parade is one of the best in the Disney stable. For me, I think only the AK parade beats the one at HKDL; but not by much.

Great pictures. Brings back lots of memories.
I've only seen the parades at HK and DLP, so not sure what I'm missing out on in the US (they were doing their massive refurbs while we were there and there were no parades). I LOVE the HK parade though, and TBH the one in Paris doesn't even compare.

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 03-27-2013, 04:03 AM   #146
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Continued...

Next was the Hawaiian float with Lilo and Stitch. We got a happy birthday from one of the Hawaiian dancers, and even the guy on top of the swing! I was completely amazed that he even noticed our buttons from there!

Last was the Toy Story float.

As we were leaving the park anyway, we followed along behind the parade. Since we were heading to the HKDL Hotel, we decided to walk again.

Once we arrived at the hotel, we walked down the stairs to find Victorian Spa. I just love the beautiful decorations all throughout this hotel.

We found the spa, but unfortunately they had no vacancies before we were going to have to leave, so we werent able to get our massages.

On the way back out I took a photo at the entrance to Enchanted Garden (which is where the character breakfast is).

Id decided that I would finish off my shopping in the hotel, since its always quieter in there during park hours. I pretty much had the place to myself! They have a changing room in the shop, so I tried on a couple of tops. Ended up buying a top, jacket, and 2 pairs of earrings. DH decided to wait for me in the lobby.

After my shopping expedition, I found DH and we decided to stay for a drink. While we were sitting there the band came out to play.

We considered having some snacks there before heading back to the park, but all they could offer us was a high tea. There was a bit of confusion, when I was asking about snacks, I think I referred to a small meal. The CM kind of nodded, went away for a few minutes, and came back with a little cup of milk lol! I thanked him very much for his trouble, but left the milk behind. We decided to head back to the Hollywood Hotel and see if we could get a small meal there.

While I was dropping off my shopping bag in our room I took in the view from another angle.

We headed down to the lounge, and ordered drinks and a customised pizza  we just chose from a list of ingredients on the menu. We actually enjoyed the atmosphere in there, and the CMs were great!

Since it was getting late after our pizza, we decided to take the shuttle back to the park. Unfortunately we just missed one, but the next one wasnt too far away.

Soon we were entering the park again (a little later than I had hoped lol!). The CM at the turnstiles gave us some more stickers.

Continued in next post...

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING

Last edited by zanzibar138; 03-28-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:54 AM   #147
PrincessInOz
in

Smacks, slacks and snacks! I think I remember having a CM with the same problem.

And a small meal translating to milk? That sounds like what I got at Ocean Park!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 03-27-2013, 05:34 AM   #148
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Smacks, slacks and snacks! I think I remember having a CM with the same problem.

And a small meal translating to milk? That sounds like what I got at Ocean Park!

It was a bit awkward, I didn't quite know what to do with the little cup of milk that he'd gone to so much trouble to get for me

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 03-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #149
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Continued...

We headed straight for Grizzly Gulch again. I wanted to make sure we saw it and rode the mine train at night. It was even quieter there than it had been during the day!

As is usually the case with these things, the mine train was more fun at night! In fact, it was so much fun, we thought we’d do it again. We couldn’t be bothered exiting and re-entering the line just to walk round and round, so we asked the CM if we could take a shortcut, and she just opened up the gate for us to go through. The second time we lined up for the front row, which was also great fun!

After the ride, I got a few photos of the area. Mystic Manor was lit up, and I really liked the colours in the pools.

Then it was time to head back to the hub to get a spot for the fireworks.

We were there about 10 minutes before they started, and just stood in the middle of Main Street. It was a good view for the most part, besides the guy filming the whole thing on a ipad he was holding over his head. And people kept moving around and getting in the way. I had decided I wouldn’t bother to take photos so I could just enjoy the show, but I couldn’t help getting a few.

After the show we leisurely made our way out, so I could take photos on the way.

On the way out, we stopped at City Hall to enquire about luggage storage for the next day. We got the information we needed, but we thought we’d just stop in at the luggage storage place to make sure our suitcases would be accepted.

As we were walking past the fountain, the little fountain show thing was starting up. We stayed to watch.

Then it was time to make our way back to the hotel. We got our things a bit more organised, ready to get all packed up in the morning.

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 03-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #150
PrincessInOz
in

I think I might have to think about heading back to Hong Kong when Mystic Manor opens up. It looks beautiful at night and I suspect that Grizzly Gulch ride might be something that we're going to enjoy as well.

Thanks for sharing. Great pics at night.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: