Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #91
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,384

I finally found my way over here! Better late than never, right?

Looks like this trip was off to a really good start!

The food looks really good at BoG. I can't wait to eat there next year.

And I really want to try the Wave. I had been thinking about breakfast there but your dinner looks really good.

That was so sweet of Karin to invite y'all on the fireworks cruise. I would have killed your son with that evil trick on the phone.

UGH - the madness of the RunDisney Expo. That looks worse than it was for the ToT race.

And breakfast looks so good at 1900 PF. I would love to eat there one day. May just have to make that ADR & not tell my guys.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:54 AM   #92
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I finally found my way over here! Better late than never, right?
I am so glad you made it here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post

Looks like this trip was off to a really good start!
It sure was. It was a definite night and day from my last trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
The food looks really good at BoG. I can't wait to eat there next year.
it was, but the atmosphere is what is so amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
And I really want to try the Wave. I had been thinking about breakfast there but your dinner looks really good.
I have heard wonderful things about breakfast there. Someday I will have to try it! Dinner though... it is quite wonderful too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
That was so sweet of Karin to invite y'all on the fireworks cruise.
It was. Karin and Tom are such nice people. I was so happy to finally be able to spend some time with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
would have killed your son with that evil trick on the phone.
He is an evil child for sure. Kimberly (his girlfriend) and I plotted to get back at him, but it didn't work out as well as I had hoped. now we gotta come up with a new plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
UGH - the madness of the RunDisney Expo. That looks worse than it was for the ToT race.
It was. You have to think... twice as many people...and I believe CSR is a tad smaller than WWOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post

And breakfast looks so good at 1900 PF. I would love to eat there one day. May just have to make that ADR & not tell my guys.
It is a fun breakfast. And how can you go wrong with strawberry soup and lobster eggs benedict????
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #93
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

2/22 - Day 3 Part 3

We got ready to leave the room. We had planned this as a no park day, so our destination was DTD.

As with our luck this trip, transportation was amazing and we got to DTD in no time. We were dropped off near planet Hollywood, so we decided to walk down to check out DQ. I was not sure how I felt about it. When we got there, we decided that Steve would use one of the tickets that came in our package to check it out. If it was worth it, we would need to buy only one ticket for Zoe since two tickets come with the package (no matter how many people are in the room)

He seemed quite excited, so we agreed that we would be going in. First though, there would need to be some lunch. Lunch was a hard decision. I love WGPE... but I wanted to try Cooks of Dublin. Since we came upon Cooks first, Cooks it was.



Zoe and I split their battered burger and chips.


This was probably one of the best burgers I have ever had in my life! So amazing.

Steve had the beef and lamb pie.


Both meals were outstanding. It was such a shame that on the dinning plan the ONLY option for a dessert was their soft serve. DO NOT GET THE SOFT SERVE. Very yucky!


After lunch, we strolled toward the World of Disney Store so Zoe could do some shopping. Karin had given Zoe a birthday gift and you know how kids are when they have money to spend... it was burning a hole in her pocket. She searched and searched for just the right items. In the end, she picked a princess journal and three puffles. What is a puffle you ask? Well, since Zoe has a club penguin membership... she has pets in her penguin virtual world. Those pets for her penguin are called puffles. So she was quite excited that there was a sale on them allowing her to get 3 for almost the cost of just one. But since I am sure that still doesn't give you an idea of what a puffle looks like... here ya go.


After our shopping trip, we walked back to DQ. We thought we would hit the rides first. I am not sure that was such a great idea because after... I felt a bit sick...and spent the rest of the time there...feeling quite woozy.

The first ride we went on was Aladdin's Magic Carpet. You get on this suspended scooter thing... strap on some sort of helmet... and off you go into Agriba. (not sure on that spelling) I quite long before Steve or Zoe. I just couldn't get my scooter/carpet to fly right...and it was giving me a horrid headache.

Next we went on Pirates of the Caribbean.


Now this one was actually pretty cool. You get on a boat. You pick a captain who steers the boat while the others man the cannons. Zoe was our captain. Steve and I shot cannons at the ghost ships... trying to capture gold. (I think that was the goal) It was fun. However, since this one you have to put your bags into a net... it turned out to be a bit disappointing. You see... remember that cool princess half marathon button? The one I got with my stuff from the expo? Well, it is good I took a picture of it because it fell off my bag and was never seen from again. (I am sure on the pirates ride)

Next was jungle cruise. Steve decided to sit this one out... and I wanted too cause I was really feeling a bit sea sick...did I really want to be on another boat? Zoe however was very excited to paddle down the river. So I went with her.



I suppose this is a fun ride. You get into a raft that inflates once you are in it. You then use paddles that have sensors on them to move the raft. It actually took some muscles to do this...

At this point, I was pretty shot from all the virtual stuff. So I took a break. Steve and Zoe enjoyed various games.




Steve loved this floor with the "classic" arcade game.



There were the hands on games...


I tried to stay with them...


But ended up needing to find a more quiet place.


Apparently not a lot of people eat here.

After I recovered a bit we started exploring a bit more. There was another virtual ride that I just couldn't even attempt... I knew it would make me sick.


We also skipped over Space Mountain because Zoe was not tall enough...

We made our way through some sort of cave that held the driving sort of games.


Our goal was to come out by where buzzlight year ride was and end with that. However when we arrived, we found that Zoe was not tall enough for that either. She was crushed. So we decided to call it a day. We had a dinner reservation that we would need to get to and although thus far our transportation luck had been great. We didn't want to tempt fate too much.

On our way out, got a picture with Ralph. (you can still see how upset Zoe is) BTW, there was an entire section of Wreck it Ralph games. Very cute!


Next Up: 2/22 - Day 3 Part 4

Last edited by annmarieda; 04-05-2013 at 12:20 AM.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:29 AM   #94
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,316

Here we go again ...........

Great update, Ann!
You really seemed to be so lucky with transportation. As you know, we just don't take our chances with it.

I am happy to hear Zoe put her birthday gift to good use and got herself some goodies.
Isn't the food at Cookes wonderful? As for dessert - they did offer a cookie on the DDP as well. Is that gone?

Ah, poor Zoe not being tall enough for some Disney Quest rides. Guess you will have to when she gets older!
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DLRP: Aug 12 - 21, 2014 to put our APs to good use
WDW, DCL: July 26 Magic/Med March 29 Magic/Western
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:51 AM   #95
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Here we go again ...........

Great update, Ann!
You really seemed to be so lucky with transportation. As you know, we just don't take our chances with it.

I am happy to hear Zoe put her birthday gift to good use and got herself some goodies.
Isn't the food at Cookes wonderful? As for dessert - they did offer a cookie on the DDP as well. Is that gone?

Ah, poor Zoe not being tall enough for some Disney Quest rides. Guess you will have to when she gets older!

It took me a second to figure out what you meant... Yes... you and I seem to always be here at the same time...my morning..your night and vice versa. (right? that is what you meant?)

She was thrilled by what she was able to get. Quite the haul if you ask me... three stuffed animals and a book! Thank you so much!!!

I think you may be correct about the cookie. I am not sure why I picked ice cream.... I really shouldn't have.

It was sad for Zoe. She really enjoyed DQ. Steve did too. Me... not so much. All the sounds and lights... Next time I would try and sit it out. If it were not for the tickets that came with our package we probably would not have done it. Of course, now that Steve has had a taste of it... he talks to Alex about how they have to do it. So next time... it can be the three of them and I will find a nice spot to sip a sweet drink.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:18 AM   #96
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
It took me a second to figure out what you meant... Yes... you and I seem to always be here at the same time...my morning..your night and vice versa. (right? that is what you meant?)

She was thrilled by what she was able to get. Quite the haul if you ask me... three stuffed animals and a book! Thank you so much!!!

I think you may be correct about the cookie. I am not sure why I picked ice cream.... I really shouldn't have.

It was sad for Zoe. She really enjoyed DQ. Steve did too. Me... not so much. All the sounds and lights... Next time I would try and sit it out. If it were not for the tickets that came with our package we probably would not have done it. Of course, now that Steve has had a taste of it... he talks to Alex about how they have to do it. So next time... it can be the three of them and I will find a nice spot to sip a sweet drink.
Yes, that IS what I meant, Ann! You STILL up, I am ALREADY up ......

And while the three of them check out DQ why not take a leisurely boat ride to OKW and enjoy a drink at the Gurgling Suitcase?
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DLRP: Aug 12 - 21, 2014 to put our APs to good use
WDW, DCL: July 26 Magic/Med March 29 Magic/Western
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:30 AM   #97
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Yes, that IS what I meant, Ann! You STILL up, I am ALREADY up ......

And while the three of them check out DQ why not take a leisurely boat ride to OKW and enjoy a drink at the Gurgling Suitcase?
I know... I should be in bed. However, I dont have to work tomorrow...or run...so I have is catching up on dis and cleaning my house for the next couple days. I guess I am hoping to get a jump on the catchin up on dis part. The house... I am dreading.

That sounds like a perfect plan! I have heard that there is something called a turtle crawl that I think is there, yes?
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:14 AM   #98
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,692

Just stopping by to make sure I'm not behind again!

The first time I visited DQ I really wasn't a fan, but the second time I went I enjoyed it a lot more. Might have been because it had been 95 degrees all week and I just wanted to get out of the sun.

The virtual POC is pretty cool, but I can live without the JC. Too bad Zoe had to skip a few rides. How disappointing!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #99
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM
 
momabaarjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas Panhandle
Posts: 4,381

You are right that hamburger looks yummy...I am thinking we have to split that and a do-ey bar...then maybe a little bite of the holiday at EoS and of course bread pudding...BUT WAIT WE ARE HEADED TO F&W...if only Ashley would of done epcot back to back I would not have to worry about stuffing myself at DTD...

I think Steve and Alex would be able to spend lots of time at DQ...I hope they get too...you know one of those perks... I am glad to know there are things in there that Zoe could do...next time I am sure we will have to get my boys there!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #100
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Just stopping by to make sure I'm not behind again!
!
I am sure you were not too far behind... it is taking me a while to get these updates in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
The first time I visited DQ I really wasn't a fan, but the second time I went I enjoyed it a lot more. Might have been because it had been 95 degrees all week and I just wanted to get out of the sun.
I imagine if it were really hot, DQ would be a nice place to escape to. Afterall it is fairly dark and cool.... just a bit loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
The virtual POC is pretty cool, but I can live without the JC. Too bad Zoe had to skip a few rides. How disappointing!
Zoe was disappointed to miss the ones she did, but it was short lived disappointment.


Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
You are right that hamburger looks yummy...I am thinking we have to split that and a do-ey bar...then maybe a little bite of the holiday at EoS and of course bread pudding...BUT WAIT WE ARE HEADED TO F&W...if only Ashley would of done epcot back to back I would not have to worry about stuffing myself at DTD...
I dont know... that burger might be the one thing I can't share. No...sharing is a good idea. Means we can try more things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
I think Steve and Alex would be able to spend lots of time at DQ...I hope they get too...you know one of those perks...
I had not even thought of DQ being a part of those perks that I think you are talking about. I suppose it might be, right? Not sure it counts as a disney park though.... so maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
I am glad to know there are things in there that Zoe could do...
Zoe had an awesome time. I am sure she would want to join them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
next time I am sure we will have to get my boys there!
You will definitely have to have your boys try it next time. Even though I wasn't a fan... I can totally see how impressive it is.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #101
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I know... I should be in bed. However, I dont have to work tomorrow...or run...so I have is catching up on dis and cleaning my house for the next couple days. I guess I am hoping to get a jump on the catchin up on dis part. The house... I am dreading.

That sounds like a perfect plan! I have heard that there is something called a turtle crawl that I think is there, yes?
Sorry I haven't answered this earlier. It's Tom's birthday today and I spent all day with him.

Yes, I think it is called a Turtle Crawl, they have a few really yummy drinks.
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DLRP: Aug 12 - 21, 2014 to put our APs to good use
WDW, DCL: July 26 Magic/Med March 29 Magic/Western
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:58 AM   #102
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Sorry I haven't answered this earlier. It's Tom's birthday today and I spent all day with him.

Yes, I think it is called a Turtle Crawl, they have a few really yummy drinks.

Please wish him a late happy birthday from me! I am not sure where my day went... but I didn't make it on dis enough to get caught up. I am getting there though...
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:43 AM   #103
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

Your meal at CoD looks really good!

I've never been to DQ, but it sounds like a fun place to go! Too bad Zoe wasn't tall enough for some of the rides though!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #104
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Please wish him a late happy birthday from me! I am not sure where my day went... but I didn't make it on dis enough to get caught up. I am getting there though...
I did, Ann! He was so happy to hear from you!

Ann, we wish you and your beautiful family a very happy Easter!

__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DLRP: Aug 12 - 21, 2014 to put our APs to good use
WDW, DCL: July 26 Magic/Med March 29 Magic/Western
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #105
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your meal at CoD looks really good!

I've never been to DQ, but it sounds like a fun place to go! Too bad Zoe wasn't tall enough for some of the rides though!

I can see that DQ would be fun for people who are into video games. I can live without them... In fact, I tend to try to avoid playing them cause they make me feel sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I did, Ann! He was so happy to hear from you!

Ann, we wish you and your beautiful family a very happy Easter!

Happy Easter to you too, Karin.

AND Happy Easter to EVERYONE!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: