Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #31
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So glad that Zoe got picked to be Mrs. Potts. That must have been so fun to watch.

Love Zoe's shirt. I just screams first day of vacation. Great character pics!
I was happy Zoe got picked. I think it would not be a vacation for her if she didn't get to "perform" in some way.

I love her shirt too. Her sister has a similar one...and she envied it. I really am not the kind of parent that gives into the whims of my children when it comes to "things" they want. So even though I knew she really liked her sisters shirt... I didn't give it much thought beyond recognizing that she wanted one like it. In other words, I wasn't going to search for one and if I did happen to come across one, I wouldn't just buy it.

On a past trip, a dear friend at the time (who always spoiled Zoe) took it upon herself to search for one. What an incredibly nice thing for her to do!! She surprised Zoe with it and it has been one of Zoe's favorite shirts to wear ever since..so of course it came with us on this trip and of course was the first one she wanted to wear.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #32
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Love your morning in the new fantasyland...now I get to see everything that happened...instead of little teases you gave that day. So looking forward to exploring it with you...
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #33
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Love your morning in the new fantasyland...now I get to see everything that happened...instead of little teases you gave that day. So looking forward to exploring it with you...
I know!!! I realize that I just got back... but I am very much so looking forward to fall!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:37 AM   #34
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Thursday 2/21 - Day 2 Part 3

It was such a beautiful day. We walked the back way to Tomorrowland. There we got fast passes for Space Mountain.

Everything we wanted to do in TL had quite the wait and since the fast passes were not for quite some time we decided to head back to see about having an earlier lunch.

We stopped to take a few pictures along the way.

I knew we needed to make sure to be to BOG early if we wanted lunch. However when we got there, and the restaurant had just opened... we did not expect to find what we did.

A FOURTY FIVE MINUTE WAIT!!!

Well, since this was a must do on our list for this trip we decided to go ahead and get into line.

But wait... that is just the tail end of the line to get in. Here is some more..

Zoe very quickly tired of the wait. Often she attempts to pose to mimic nearby statues. I don't think this was intentional.

Noticing that we were taking her picture though, this one was.

Oh!!! getting closer

Closer...

Inside... but still not up to ordering yet.

Final stretch.. the hall of armor.

Are we hungry yet?

Details of the armor..

FINALLY we are just about to order

Now with the new KTTWC/RFID...whatever it is system, I found that ordering could be complicated.... complicated if you wanted to use more than one form of payment. Ie... cash and cs credit... or cs credit and snack credit. We had to place two orders and not one. Next we were given our roses to take to a table.

Zoe wanted to sit in the West wing. However this was very small and all the tables were taken. Couldn't leave without pics though...

The ballroom was very large and a bit too hectic for us. So we again moved on..but a picture of the chandelier of course had to be taken

Finally we settle on the library (music box room)

It was not long before a cart came around with part of our order and then the other part. Dessert came last.

With a snack credit, Steve ordered the french onion soup.

The three of us then decided to spilt two meals.

The turkey sandwich and the steak sandwich. (picture shows a half of each on one plate)

I personally liked the steak one better. Steve and Zoe preferred the turkey.

Next of course was the desserts. So pretty, but believe it or not.. not my favorite cupcakes.

They reminded me of a twinkie with either strawberry filling or lemon filling. Good, but just not amazing. (even though they do look pretty)

Finally it was time for a restroom break and to make plans for the rest of our afternoon.

Next Up: Thursday 2/21 - Day 2 Part 4

Last edited by annmarieda; 03-12-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:40 AM   #35
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great pics and for getting into BoG.
We got in line at around where you must have started from, but it was just before they opened and the line moved pretty fast. I think from getting in line until ordering it took about 15 minutes.

The soup was nice, wasn't it, especially for a CS place. We had different lunch items, but loved them both. I had a cream puff and while it was not bad, it wasn't the best either.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your afternoon. And looking forward to hear how you spent the evening ..... not that I do NOT know what you did that night.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:01 AM   #36
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping the lines for BOG go away a bit by our next trip, a 45 minute wait is a bit too much for me!!! Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal - too bad that pretty cupcake was a disappointment though!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #37
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Ha, I've seen many photos of the gargoyles outside of BOG but never thought until the picture of Zoe that they look like they're commiserating with the masses waiting in line!
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #38
rani8600
Mouseketeer

ahhh...the line for BOG. The same thing happend to my mom and I, we got there right after it opened and the line was massive. I stepped out to ask one of the CMs and was told the wait was 55-60 minutes...crazy. I am hopping that once the newness wares off a little the lines will go down a bit..wishful thinking im sure. I know that they put in the new ordering process to move things along, but i think it actually makes things take longer.

A Fall Trip full of firsts, MNSSHP and Food and Wine Oct 2011
13.1 Royal Miles-2013 Princess Half Marathon

VeganRamblings my blog - includes additional trip reports
rani8600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #40
Vincent405
Mouseketeer

Did you guys go straight back to Echanted Tales with Belle or did you take your time? Were you in the first group/show of the day? How long was your wait? Curious since I am working on our plans.
Vincent405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #41
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Those cupcakes looked delicious....dissapointed they weren't so good.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #42
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post

Noticing that we were taking her picture though, this one was.

Zoe - I feel your pain. I'm really not sure if I could have waited 45 minutes for lunch. Seeing all these long wait times makes me really glad I scheduled a dinner there in June.

I will say that the sandwiches and the cupcakes long delicious and I definitely think the soup was a good use of the snack credit.

Love your final picture, too. So cute!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #43
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Love Zoe's faces! I am prepared to wait...the line looks so amazing just waiting to get in, and the inside....WOW!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #44
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great pics and for getting into BoG.
We got in line at around where you must have started from, but it was just before they opened and the line moved pretty fast. I think from getting in line until ordering it took about 15 minutes.
I am glad that we got to eat there. We skipped a lot of things, but skipping this would have made me sad.

Quote:

The soup was nice, wasn't it, especially for a CS place. We had different lunch items, but loved them both. I had a cream puff and while it was not bad, it wasn't the best either.
Steve actually preferred the soup there to another one he had on the trip. And for a snack credit it was awesome!

I think having the restaurant as a cs for lunch is perfect

Quote:

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your afternoon. And looking forward to hear how you spent the evening ..... not that I do NOT know what you did that night.
Well, I know you know... but did you know that the evening helped to put the magic back into a Disney trip for Steve? I have not seen him so happy in so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm hoping the lines for BOG go away a bit by our next trip, a 45 minute wait is a bit too much for me!!! Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal - too bad that pretty cupcake was a disappointment though!
The line was a bit long, but well worth it...and I don't wait in lines. The meal itself was pretty good... and the cupcake wasn't disappointing... it just wasn't AMAZING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
Ha, I've seen many photos of the gargoyles outside of BOG but never thought until the picture of Zoe that they look like they're commiserating with the masses waiting in line!
Yeah... I guess they understand the waiting around bit dont they.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rani8600 View Post
ahhh...the line for BOG. The same thing happend to my mom and I, we got there right after it opened and the line was massive. I stepped out to ask one of the CMs and was told the wait was 55-60 minutes...crazy. I am hopping that once the newness wares off a little the lines will go down a bit..wishful thinking im sure. I know that they put in the new ordering process to move things along, but i think it actually makes things take longer.
I know that the ordering process was a pain for us... and we are tech savvy people. There were people who took FOREVER at the kiosk because they just didn't understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Oh I remember that line well! They told us an hour and a half, but it was only 45 and well worth it just to see the inside!
It is an amazing place. Truly worth going in to eat. I am just undecided if it is worth a TS credit. I have read that the menu is very similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent405 View Post
Did you guys go straight back to Echanted Tales with Belle or did you take your time? Were you in the first group/show of the day? How long was your wait? Curious since I am working on our plans.
We did go there first...unintentionally though. We slowly made our way there. We were not the first group off the day... and our wait was probably about 20 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Those cupcakes looked delicious....dissapointed they weren't so good.
Don't get me wrong... they were good. They just were not over the top. I have had better cupcakes in WDW. Of course... something to consider is these are sponge cakes...not your typical type of cc found in WDW. So when I say it was much like a twinkie...it really was. Twinkies are good good though... or they were.

Quote:
Zoe - I feel your pain. I'm really not sure if I could have waited 45 minutes for lunch. Seeing all these long wait times makes me really glad I scheduled a dinner there in June.
I could not get an ADR for BOG. I am not sure if that was a good thing or not. The wait, while it sucked... just kinda fit into our "go with the flow" style of touring. We didn't have to rush to the next thing on our list so just enjoying was enough. I also am not sure if the use of a ts credit over a cs is better for that meal.... I am not sure if the gals are going to want to do TS there in the fall or not.... definitely will need to go there though..

Quote:

I will say that the sandwiches and the cupcakes long delicious and I definitely think the soup was a good use of the snack credit.
Sometimes I am amazed at what constitutes a snack credit. Bottle of water...snack credit. Large bowl of soup...snack credit.
Quote:

Love your final picture, too. So cute!
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Love Zoe's faces! I am prepared to wait...the line looks so amazing just waiting to get in, and the inside....WOW!
So the question becomes do we want to just brave the line (which I am sure will still be happening) or get an ADR for dinner? It is very pretty inside. It really makes you feel like you are dinning in the castle. Course... a few less people inside the castle would have made it feel just a bit more magical.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #45
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Thursday 2/21 - Day 2 Part 4

Once lunch was done, we walked through Fantasyland. Of course, it was busy and nothing had a short wait.

We kept walking and noticed that HM had a reasonable line. As we were getting in the line though, we realized that our fast passes for SM would be coming up shortly. Aside from the fact we were now in line for HM, there was the issue of some full tummies. We all agreed that riding SM was going to have to be cancelled. So as we moved up in line a tad, a couple was about to jump out of the line because they felt it was too long. We stopped them and offered them the fast passes. They were very excited.

It wasn't long before we were under cover and waiting.

This picture cracks me up. One... I look a bit too happy... like I might eat you with my teeth happy. Then the gal behind me looks as though she is super grumpy.... and the guy behind her on the phone???? What is up with the leg up on the ledge? Better cell reception?

Even though Steve and I really just wanted to go on the ride and not deal with the grave yard, Zoe really wanted to. I think because she loves to pose with these twins.

Next we went to BTMRR to grab some fast passes. The return time ended up being a bit too inconvenient though, so these two were lost....

We did head to POTC next though and we did actually ride it.

Sorry for all the glowing orange pictures. We got a new camera before the trip and we are still learning how to use the low light settings.

There, that is better.

We then decided to head back to CSR

We got off at an early stop so we could walk a bit. I was surprised on the path all of a sudden when something large jumped out from the bushes.

I think they were also surprised since they very quickly ducked back in.

I realize the pictures may not make them seem large, but these turkeys were monstrous!

They had to have been between 2 and 3 feet tall.

Once we were back to our room, we freshened up and grabbed something to bring with us to dinner.

Soon we were on our way to the CR.

Finally, we were going to have dinner at the Wave.

For whatever reason, any time I have attempted to make a reservation here we end up canceling.

I am not sure if fewer places are offering smoothies as drinks on the dp, but this was the only ts restaurant that allowed us to have anything but soda.

The bread service here was amazing! I know that some people rave about LC and the pretzel bread, but this was by far MUCH nummier. (is that a word? )

Zoe had the chicken

I had a steak (not sure what kind...and the cake beside it I think was a quinoa)

Steve had tenderloin (I think) with a lobster mashed potato

For dessert I had the no sugar added indulgence. Steve had the creamy indulgence (which you can kinda see in the back ground of my dessert)

Zoe had a sundae

This was among my all time favorite meals EVER in WDW. The food was amazing, the service, the atmosphere. I would totally go here again.

Speaking of the service. We happened to feel a tad pressed for time. So when we first met our server, we mentioned that we had to be somewhere at 7pm. She did everything she could to expedite our meal without making us feel rushed. In other words, she hurried... had our meal out fast... so we could relax and enjoy it rather than waiting on the meal to arrive and then having to snarf it down.

We did have a bit of a mishap at dinner. The tables are a tad high for a small child and the smoothie was in a tall glass (you know where I am going, dont you? ) Yes, Zoe tipped the glass to get a sip and most of her drink went all over her. Our server fixed the drink situation by putting it into a cup to go. I fixed the clothing situation by running upstairs to the gift shop to get Zoe a new shirt.

With Zoe cleaned up and our bill settled it was time to head out to something very special that was planned. I could hardly wait.... not just for the event itself, but it meant I was FINALLY going to meet someone very special!!

Next Up: Thursday 2/21 - Day 2 Part 5

Last edited by annmarieda; 03-18-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: