Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #16
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut
Glad you had a fairly uneventful travel day!!

Your meal at Pepper Market sounds really good!
Wish I could multi quote from my phone... But since I just have a couple replies...

Travel day is usually uneventful- but tiring. When we landed I wasn't even all that tired. Course we arrived so early, so maybe that is why I wasn't too tired

The meal at pm was good. I am not sure if it was because we had not ate all day but I think it was the best chicken EVER!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #17
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita
Sounds like you needed a trip full of pixie dust after the last one, and with all the work you had going on! Looking forward to reading about your PHM experience!
I did need a low key trip, that is for sure. However the previous trips- while they had ups and downs- were good trips. Maybe this one just wasn't long enough to have drama find me

I have another day to get through before I start on race weekend events. I promise to get there though!

Btw- happy late bday. I popped over to your tr.... And need to get caught up. For your trip only being a tad before mine it is well under way
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #18
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I did need a low key trip, that is for sure. However the previous trips- while they had ups and downs- were good trips. Maybe this one just wasn't long enough to have drama find me

I have another day to get through before I start on race weekend events. I promise to get there though!

Btw- happy late bday. I popped over to your tr.... And need to get caught up. For your trip only being a tad before mine it is well under way
I think you missed a quote there I have no active trip reports nor recent birthdays!
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 on the GKTW team!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #19
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
I think you missed a quote there I have no active trip reports nor recent birthdays!
See that is what I get for trying to dis with my phone. I do apologize.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:21 AM   #20
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow - another Disney trip under your belt. Sounds like departure went off without a hitch! Looking forward to reading more!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #21
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Yeah for an uneventful travel day. Your room location is pretty nice - we have stayed in the area ourselves.
Looking forward to reading MORE, especially your next day.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #22
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow - another Disney trip under your belt. Sounds like departure went off without a hitch! Looking forward to reading more!
Yep... another one. It was too short a trip... but such a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Yeah for an uneventful travel day. Your room location is pretty nice - we have stayed in the area ourselves.
Looking forward to reading MORE, especially your next day.
I really liked that area. And having the pool right outside our room was amazing.

Yes... the next day will be a fun read. It was after all a very special day. I just had to go through the pics to get the best ones. SOMETHING caused Steve to take 400 pictures. (yes...literally about 400 of ONE event) Not sure why he didn't just decide to video tape instead. He put the setting on something that took one picture right after another in succession.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #23
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Thursday 2/21 - Day 2 Part 1

When the alarm on my phone went off at 6:45, I was happy to get up. I got ready and gave Steve and Zoe a bit more time to sleep. Not too much more though since I had wanted to get to rd.

We were a tad late, so we just missed a bus to MK. It wasn't long though and another bus was right there. Our luck with Disney Transportation this trip was amazing. We had to stand only once and only once did we have to wait on a bus.

We arrived at Mk at 8:01, so we just missed rd. Oh well, there will be other trips I can catch it. The park itself was not very busy.

We went directly to the New Fantasy land. Since everything was just opening, there was very little wait for Story Time with Belle. So this was first on our list of things. The wait was more than I would have liked but it was a must do for us since Zoe was interested.

You can see the line was a tad full.

Something else Zoe couldn't wait to see.

Maurices house is amazing. You can just imagine Belle growing up there.

Once through the house you go into his workshop. Then you view the special mirror. OMG!!! So very very cool. It did seem to terrify one child though and (I think it was) this child screamed nearly bloody murder almost the entire story time. Sorry, I was so mesmerized by the mirror I didn't take any pics.

Then into a special room with the wardrobe. Again... SUPER cool.

Of course, Zoe was asked to play a part. She was Mrs. Potts. I am kicking myself for not pre ordering the pp cd... but I didn't think we would get many pp pictures. We actually didn't, but there are a few that I do really love... but the cost to order a few of them isn't a lot less than the pre order.

Since we had not had breakfast we needed to find something to eat. Mainstreet bakery was closed. Sleepy Hollow was closed. Basically, we had a couple choices. One of those choices was Gaston's Tavern.

Zoe and I split a cinnamon roll and a cup of Lafous Brew. The cinnamon roll was yummy. I liked the brew, but Zoe and Steve both thought it was ucky.

Steve got a chocolate croissant and coffee. This surprised me since he rarely is a big chocolate pastry fan.

It was a very sunny day!

From there, we saw that there was a short wait to get on the new LM ride. We rode this in July in DCA. I must say it was MUCH better in MK. The queue alone was amazing. The ride itself was a bout the same... but the way it was housed... much better.

Next Up: Thursday 2/21 - Day 2 Part 2

Last edited by annmarieda; 03-10-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #24
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Reading your update, I hoped Zoe would be chosen at the "Storytime thing" (forgot the name .... I am growing old )
She is such a cute little lady!

We loved the LM ride too - so nicely made, even though Ariel looks a bit "funny" in some of the szenes.

Your cinnamon roll looks yummy btw.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 03-10-2013, 12:33 AM   #25
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Reading your update, I hoped Zoe would be chosen at the "Storytime thing" (forgot the name .... I am growing old )
She is such a cute little lady!

We loved the LM ride too - so nicely made, even though Ariel looks a bit "funny" in some of the szenes.

Your cinnamon roll looks yummy btw.
I hoped she would too. Actually, there were other kids there that refused. I think some kids love doing things like this and others are terrified to do so.

Yes, Ariel does look a bit funny in some scenes, doesn't she.

And..the cinnamon roll was yummy. Between that and the drink it was a tad on the sweet side though.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #26
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Thursday 2/21 - Day 2 Part 2

Continuing on with our visit to the new expansion we hit the circus area. We decided to meet the all the gals and guys. I just love Minnie's outfit!

Zoe was a tad disappointed that we were not doing autographs this trip, but soon got over it. Just as with the pp cd, I didn't think we would make much use of an autograph book. Still, there was just a part of me that wished we had got autographs from the circus versions.

We skipped over Dumbo and Zoe and I rode Goofy's Barnstormer.

As she and I waited in line for GB, a train pulled up to the station and we watched as they filled it with water.

Even though that ride is uncomfortable and way to short, I do enjoy it.

Next up: Thursday 2/21 - Day 2 Part 3

Last edited by annmarieda; 03-12-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:26 AM   #27
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Oh Ann, I love your character pics! We didn't even go "near" where the characters were, just checked out the tent.

I just love your smile in the photo where you exit GB! You look so very happy!

Old 03-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #28
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for fun in New Fantasyland!! How cool that Zoe was chosen for a part!

Your cinnamon roll looks really good!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #29
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh Ann, I love your character pics! We didn't even go "near" where the characters were, just checked out the tent.

I just love your smile in the photo where you exit GB! You look so very happy!
There was little to no line to see the characters. We basically walked in and out...and then right back in (you have to enter again if you want to see the guys vs. the gals)

Steve loves that picture too. Normally, pictures of me kinda look Especially candid ones. He just happened to catch a good moment when I was smiling and not snarling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for fun in New Fantasyland!! How cool that Zoe was chosen for a part!

Your cinnamon roll looks really good!
It was fun... Zoe gets chose for something each trip. Sometimes... more than one thing. This was the one thing on this trip.

I assume the cinnamon roll was yummy... Zoe and I snarfed it down very quickly...so it must have been.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #30
MEK
DIS Veteran

So glad that Zoe got picked to be Mrs. Potts. That must have been so fun to watch.

Love Zoe's shirt. I just screams first day of vacation. Great character pics!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: