Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #16
MagicFan75
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post

~ David
This was one of my favorites. Such an awesome view from the pool (or is it a hot tub?). Love it!

MagicFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #17
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing! Love your photos.

Now that you have been to Aulani, how would you rank it compared to the other DVC resorts? Do you think you'll make a return visit to Aulani?
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #18
parrotheadlois
DIS Veteran

I can answer too! We've been here since March 2nd. Just thought it would be a once in a lifetime trip. We LOVE it here!! and definitely are hoping to be able to come back, maybe in two years. We've been very lucky, the weather has been ideal. The lagoon is perfect, the pool, the hot tubs - love it all! We stayed in an ocean-view studio for 8 nights, then moved over to a standard-view 1BR for our last 3 nights. The ocean view was wonderful, we overlooked the great lawn and could watch the Starlit Hui from our balcony. The standard view is ok, if I didn't know better I'd be fine with it. It's actually more relaxing. We also overlooked the wedding chapel and found ourselves counting weddings!! (so many) The construction is happening, but we didn't find that to be a problem. They're making great additions and have to do the work sometime. Our home resort is the BCV. This resort is similar in style to Kidani Village. Just beautiful! Definitely recommend!! And I'm still jealous of Dave's photos, my DH won't take his IPad around the resort with us, I'd love to be able to have some of those photos. Thanks again Dave! Aloha
Old 03-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #19
Daddio
David's Vacation Club Rentals

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicFan75 View Post
This was one of my favorites. Such an awesome view from the pool (or is it a hot tub?). Love it!
This is a photo of the hot tub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post

Now that you have been to Aulani, how would you rank it compared to the other DVC resorts? Do you think you'll make a return visit to Aulani?
I would rank it as the one of the best DVC resorts built to date. But keep in mind, Disney had to build something extravagant because there are no parks here to entertain you all day.

I can't wait to come back, but my next stay will be longer than 1 week.

~ David

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadlois View Post
I can answer too! We've been here since March 2nd. Just thought it would be a once in a lifetime trip. We LOVE it here!! and definitely are hoping to be able to come back, maybe in two years. We've been very lucky, the weather has been ideal. The lagoon is perfect, the pool, the hot tubs - love it all! We stayed in an ocean-view studio for 8 nights, then moved over to a standard-view 1BR for our last 3 nights. The ocean view was wonderful, we overlooked the great lawn and could watch the Starlit Hui from our balcony. The standard view is ok, if I didn't know better I'd be fine with it. It's actually more relaxing. We also overlooked the wedding chapel and found ourselves counting weddings!! (so many) The construction is happening, but we didn't find that to be a problem. They're making great additions and have to do the work sometime. Our home resort is the BCV. This resort is similar in style to Kidani Village. Just beautiful! Definitely recommend!! And I'm still jealous of Dave's photos, my DH won't take his IPad around the resort with us, I'd love to be able to have some of those photos. Thanks again Dave! Aloha
Perfectly said.

~ David
Better Business Bureau Accredited: ..BBB

Daddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #20
DVC'96
Mouseketeer

Some day we will make the trek to Hawaii. Looks beautiful!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #21
Daddio
David's Vacation Club Rentals

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Smile

We moved to a Wyndham resort on the Big Island last week and are now at Hilton Hawaiian Village on the beach of Waikiki. I like the Hilton, but I must confess, we really miss Aulani.

~ David
Better Business Bureau Accredited: ..BBB

Daddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #22
parrotheadlois
DIS Veteran

Jealous!

Well, we're back home in New Jersey now, where we've been having a little snow. Missing Hawaii and jealous of you Dave - Mahalo for all the photos and reports!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: