Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #16
MagicFan75
Mouseketeer
 
MagicFan75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post



~ David
This was one of my favorites. Such an awesome view from the pool (or is it a hot tub?). Love it!
__________________

MagicFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #17
wdrl
DIS Veteran
 
wdrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BLT, AKV, Aulani
Posts: 2,652

Thanks for sharing! Love your photos.

Now that you have been to Aulani, how would you rank it compared to the other DVC resorts? Do you think you'll make a return visit to Aulani?
__________________
wdrl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #18
parrotheadlois
DIS Veteran
 
parrotheadlois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Beautiful Warren County New Jersey
Posts: 2,149

I can answer too! We've been here since March 2nd. Just thought it would be a once in a lifetime trip. We LOVE it here!! and definitely are hoping to be able to come back, maybe in two years. We've been very lucky, the weather has been ideal. The lagoon is perfect, the pool, the hot tubs - love it all! We stayed in an ocean-view studio for 8 nights, then moved over to a standard-view 1BR for our last 3 nights. The ocean view was wonderful, we overlooked the great lawn and could watch the Starlit Hui from our balcony. The standard view is ok, if I didn't know better I'd be fine with it. It's actually more relaxing. We also overlooked the wedding chapel and found ourselves counting weddings!! (so many) The construction is happening, but we didn't find that to be a problem. They're making great additions and have to do the work sometime. Our home resort is the BCV. This resort is similar in style to Kidani Village. Just beautiful! Definitely recommend!! And I'm still jealous of Dave's photos, my DH won't take his IPad around the resort with us, I'd love to be able to have some of those photos. Thanks again Dave! Aloha
__________________
parrotheadlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #19
Daddio
David's Vacation Club Rentals
 
Daddio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Usually at WDW
Posts: 1,453

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicFan75 View Post
This was one of my favorites. Such an awesome view from the pool (or is it a hot tub?). Love it!
This is a photo of the hot tub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post

Now that you have been to Aulani, how would you rank it compared to the other DVC resorts? Do you think you'll make a return visit to Aulani?
I would rank it as the one of the best DVC resorts built to date. But keep in mind, Disney had to build something extravagant because there are no parks here to entertain you all day.

I can't wait to come back, but my next stay will be longer than 1 week.

~ David

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadlois View Post
I can answer too! We've been here since March 2nd. Just thought it would be a once in a lifetime trip. We LOVE it here!! and definitely are hoping to be able to come back, maybe in two years. We've been very lucky, the weather has been ideal. The lagoon is perfect, the pool, the hot tubs - love it all! We stayed in an ocean-view studio for 8 nights, then moved over to a standard-view 1BR for our last 3 nights. The ocean view was wonderful, we overlooked the great lawn and could watch the Starlit Hui from our balcony. The standard view is ok, if I didn't know better I'd be fine with it. It's actually more relaxing. We also overlooked the wedding chapel and found ourselves counting weddings!! (so many) The construction is happening, but we didn't find that to be a problem. They're making great additions and have to do the work sometime. Our home resort is the BCV. This resort is similar in style to Kidani Village. Just beautiful! Definitely recommend!! And I'm still jealous of Dave's photos, my DH won't take his IPad around the resort with us, I'd love to be able to have some of those photos. Thanks again Dave! Aloha
Perfectly said.

~ David
__________________
Try our Points Calculator: .................Points Calculator
Try our Dining Plan Price Calculator: ..Price Calculator
Join Us on Facebook: .......................Facebook
Better Business Bureau Accredited: ..BBB


Daddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #20
DVC'96
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Maryland
Posts: 354

Some day we will make the trek to Hawaii. Looks beautiful!
__________________
Diane
DVC'96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #21
Daddio
David's Vacation Club Rentals
 
Daddio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Usually at WDW
Posts: 1,453

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Smile

We moved to a Wyndham resort on the Big Island last week and are now at Hilton Hawaiian Village on the beach of Waikiki. I like the Hilton, but I must confess, we really miss Aulani.

~ David
__________________
Try our Points Calculator: .................Points Calculator
Try our Dining Plan Price Calculator: ..Price Calculator
Join Us on Facebook: .......................Facebook
Better Business Bureau Accredited: ..BBB


Daddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #22
parrotheadlois
DIS Veteran
 
parrotheadlois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Beautiful Warren County New Jersey
Posts: 2,149

Jealous!

Well, we're back home in New Jersey now, where we've been having a little snow. Missing Hawaii and jealous of you Dave - Mahalo for all the photos and reports!
__________________
parrotheadlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.