DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
Polynesian27
Mouseketeer

Best Pool Area for 1 year old?

In your opinion which DVC resort offers the best pool experience for a 1 year old? Our son who will be 1 year and 4 months when we visit Disney in July loves the water so I want to make sure we pick a resort that he can really enjoy! You can just post the resort name, but if you would like to tell us why you think its the best that would be wonderful! Thanks everyone.
Polynesian27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
BillPA
DIS Veteran

My grand-daughter just loved the Kidani pool area. She was 21 months on her trip last August. We also stayed at BCV and she liked the pool there as well. But I believe Kidani was her favorite
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #3
gdrj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polynesian27 View Post
In your opinion which DVC resort offers the best pool experience for a 1 year old? Our son who will be 1 year and 4 months when we visit Disney in July loves the water so I want to make sure we pick a resort that he can really enjoy! You can just post the resort name, but if you would like to tell us why you think its the best that would be wonderful! Thanks everyone.

A bucket of water in the bathtub will make any 1 yr old happy! My point is he will be happy anywhere you pick.

I would select a pool with sand if you think he will enjoy that as well. BCV is an immediate thought except the pool can be very crowded. Bay Lake has a kiddie area plus beach plus contemporary pool besides BLT's pool (not to mention walk to MK). I'm sure you will end up with suggestions of every pool! More than the pool just enjoy the time and the photos that you'll take!
gdrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:57 AM   #4
Alice Sr.
BWV 1998 BCV 2002 SSR 2006 AKL 2008

I don't think you can go wrong but a couple of things stand out in my memory. SAB is crazy busy, very active, it was not the best match for me/us, and maybe something for you to consider. We are die hard BWV fans but my DD's still love OKW. It has a lovely atmosphere, that is probably not at all how they would describe it though, lol.
Alice Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
ercrbc
Mouseketeer

We have taken several trips with toddlers the past few years. We spend a lot of time at the pool. Based on our experience I would review them this way:
Kidani splash area is awesome for a 1yo. Plus there is a zero entry pool and a tiny water slide, great overall pool for a toddler.

SSR has two fantastic pools for toddlers. The new paddock pool is AWESOME for little ones. My 1 and 4yo loved spending the afternoon there last Fall. The splash area there is easy and safe for little ones to climb on and the little water slides are a lot of fun for them. Plus an adult can go down those slides with toddlers on their laps easily and safely. I did it about 50 times, lol. Both the paddock pool and the main pool at SSR have a zero entry too. The Donald splash area at the main pool is small but my kids loved it.

OKW is fun because it has a sandy beach area, but the pool isn't zero entry and there is no small slide.

BWV is tougher with a toddler without a zero entry and there isn't a splash area either.

WLV was fun, but I wouldn't pick it first for a 1yo (no zero entry, no splash area)

My vote would be SSR first and AKV second based on pools. We haven't tried SAB at BCV yet, I have been nervous about keeping an eye on my little ones at a pool so big (they are 7, 4 and 1).

We haven't tried BLT either, the pool looks fun for toddlers but it looks so much smaller than either AKV or SSR!
2012 Jan BWV, April HHI, Oct WLV
2011 June AKV-Kidani
2010 Sept OKW
2009 Sept AKV-Jambo
ercrbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #6
TosaTrio
DVC Owner @ SSR & VWL

Kidani and SSR would be my choice. Great splash areas and zero entry. BCV does have the sand bottom pool area but is really busy and doesn't have a great slash splash area. If you choose SSR stay in the Paddock area for the new pool.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
2binak
DVC Owner

I would agree with Kidani and SSR. Kidani would be my first pick though. We stayed there when DD was 1.5 yrs old and she loved exploring the splash area and she spent alot of time on the kiddie slide at the main pool too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ercrbc View Post
BWV is tougher with a toddler without a zero entry and there isn't a splash area either.
BWV has a kiddie pool (& small playground) just off to the side of the larger pool.

11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT, 11/14 BWV
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

All three themed pools at SSR are lots of fun for kids. Paddock, High Rock Springs and Grandstand.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
ercrbc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2binak View Post

BWV has a kiddie pool (& small playground) just off to the side of the larger pool.
Yes, but it isn't a splash playground and there is no zero entry. Chasing a climbing 1yo near the edge of a pool can be challenging (more so since I am keeping eyes on my other two on top of that). They are less likely to fall and get hurt when they can easily run in and out of the water on their own.
2011 June AKV-Kidani
2010 Sept OKW
2009 Sept AKV-Jambo
Old 03-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
Figee17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
All three themed pools at SSR are lots of fun for kids. Paddock, High Rock Springs and Grandstand.
I second this! Just got back from a trip at the THVs at SSR with a 1, 2, and 3 year old and they all LOVED the pools at SSR.
The Paddock pool is zero entry (LOVE!) and has a separate, gated splash area
The Springs is also zero entry and has a splash pad area with a Donald Duck
Grandstand is not zero entry but has a splash area.

As OP said, bring a cup and he will be happy with almost anything, but my DS has always loved the zero entry feature (which a lot of the DVC pools offer).
Figee17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #11
2binak
DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ercrbc View Post
Yes, but it isn't a splash playground and there is no zero entry. Chasing a climbing 1yo near the edge of a pool can be challenging (more so since I am keeping eyes on my other two on top of that). They are less likely to fall and get hurt when they can easily run in and out of the water on their own.
When you have just one little one to look after however, the kiddie pool works out just fine.
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #12
mufasa0505
DIS Veteran

Kidani then SSR were our little one's favorites.

Disney Bride
September 19, 2005

mufasa0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #13
kam1011
Mouseketeer

SSR by far!

2000s:
5 off-site trips
All Star Music Family Suites
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge Villas (x2)
Old Key West (x2)
Saratoga Springs
AKL - Kidani Village
Bay Lake Tower

I may have missed some...

kam1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #14
ercrbc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2binak View Post
When you have just one little one to look after however, the kiddie pool works out just fine.
The kiddie pool at BWV is absolutely just fine. Just not IMO the most enjoyable to take a 1-2yo baby when compared to SSR or Kidani. I'm not trying to knock the BWV pool, it's my 7yo's favorite. She loves the clown slide and we all enjoy the BW area
2011 June AKV-Kidani
2010 Sept OKW
2009 Sept AKV-Jambo
Old 03-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #15
NUHuskies#1
My kids speak in COD code.. I don't know what it means! I don't know what it means!

SSR! The zero entry and Donald splash area are great plus there are plenty of tables and chairs with umbrellas for for you to sit with the baby close by. Kidani Pool is nice but small and crowded. Not a lot of places to sit near by. we were at Kidani last summer but own at SSR and I'm glad we spent the time at the SSR pool when our boys were smaller. This is the first summer in 15 yrs that we are not going to WDW and I'm a little sad. We are headed to Aulani for a change but I know I will miss WDW recreation!

Waiting for the bus at Animal Kingdom
NUHuskies#1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: