Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
My 2 princesses
Can't Wait To Go Back...I've Been Bitten By The Bug:)

No Target Thread???

Well I did go and what a zoo it was!!! I was very impressed with the Disney merchandise though. Loving the variety. Now to apply for the RED card.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

I went tonight too. Lots of people but it was very well organized. Selection and prices were good. I was really glad to see lots of the same lines as the US stores.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Pout. We won't see one in Halifax until September...

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:44 AM   #4
Ken_Breadbox
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
Pout. We won't see one in Halifax until September...
They picked the ODDEST places to open their first three stores. You'd think they'd be in Toronto, but no. Guelph I can at least sort of understand, it's a small city. But Milton is smaller and Fergus is barely a town.
Ken_Breadbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #5
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

We used to live in Brampton, so I recognize the towns you mention...Milton is driving distance from Toronto, right? So it's going to catch some of those shoppers (the determined ones)--oh wait, that was the last Go-train stop when we were there, so not exactly Mississauga. Fergus? Last time we were there it was all quaint b&b's and craft shops...

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #6
My 2 princesses

I'm sure they are glad they did not pick bigger cities as the line ups at the check outs were huge.........I can't even begin to tell you how huge it was and yet there were tons of cashiers AND self serves. They pulled in staff from other locations to help out. Imagine if it was Square 1 or an TO location? Oh and there have been reports from people travelling far to get to these locations. They had no sales flyers and yet they had huge line ups - they must have made a killing yesterday and I'm only talking about the Milton store.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:23 AM   #7
My 2 princesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
We used to live in Brampton, so I recognize the towns you mention...Milton is driving distance from Toronto, right? So it's going to catch some of those shoppers (the determined ones)--oh wait, that was the last Go-train stop when we were there, so not exactly Mississauga. Fergus? Last time we were there it was all quaint b&b's and craft shops...
Milton now has a GO stop, so your right, if someone is determined to check it out from TO, it's a GO ride away Brampton is driving distance and Missisauga is just 10 mins away on the 401. Besides the distribution center is in Milton, so I'm guessing that's why they opened there first. Guelph probably to get the University kids Fergus I have no clue where it is, but I'm guessing these 3 places were the 'guinea pigs' of what's to come.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #8
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I went in Milton....it was fun!! Love Target!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #9
SaraMc
DIS Veteran

I work in retail and I got to say I think its smart that they opened the first three stores in smaller markets. First of all, they are soft openings so all the kinks are not out yet. This is good for training and to make sure all the computer systems are working like they are supposed to. POS's don't always work correctly even when they are new. Milton is a growing area that is being called the new Mississauga with the housing and development going on there. Lots of retailers have gone there and are doing well. Same with Guelph. Had they opened some of their stores that are in larger markets like Sq 1's location and the computers crashed the amount of people that would be upset compared to a smaller location is a big consideration. Retail always works on forecasting based on previous sales and trends. Target isnt Zellers, they have no idea what the traffic is going to be like and what sales are going to truly be like for a while.
That being said, I think Im going for a drive to Milton today to see the store.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #10
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraMc View Post
I work in retail and I got to say I think its smart that they opened the first three stores in smaller markets. First of all, they are soft openings so all the kinks are not out yet. This is good for training and to make sure all the computer systems are working like they are supposed to. POS's don't always work correctly even when they are new. Milton is a growing area that is being called the new Mississauga with the housing and development going on there. Lots of retailers have gone there and are doing well. Same with Guelph. Had they opened some of their stores that are in larger markets like Sq 1's location and the computers crashed the amount of people that would be upset compared to a smaller location is a big consideration. Retail always works on forecasting based on previous sales and trends. Target isnt Zellers, they have no idea what the traffic is going to be like and what sales are going to truly be like for a while.
That being said, I think Im going for a drive to Milton today to see the store.
Park over by Shopper's Drug Mart. The other side of the mall is crazy with a dead end lane where everyone had to do a 3 point turn to get out, not realizing it was a dead end.

The check-out line seemed huge but we were through in 5 minutes. I've waited longer at Wal-Mart on a normal day.

I wish Fergus was a bit closer. I would imagine the selection there would be much better. That said, I was impressed at what was still left by last night at the Milton store.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #11
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Park over by Shopper's Drug Mart. The other side of the mall is crazy with a dead end lane where everyone had to do a 3 point turn to get out, not realizing it was a dead end.

The check-out line seemed huge but we were through in 5 minutes. I've waited longer at Wal-Mart on a normal day.

I wish Fergus was a bit closer. I would imagine the selection there would be much better. That said, I was impressed at what was still left by last night at the Milton store.
This! There is a secret parking lot if you take the back driveway as if you are going to go behind Winners. As you get to the back of Winners there is a little parking lot entrance on the right.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #12
M2B
Mouseketeer

Ours doesn't open until July. Do the prices seem to be at least comparable to those in the US?
M2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #13
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2B View Post
Ours doesn't open until July. Do the prices seem to be at least comparable to those in the US?
They aren't bad at all. A pair of Denizen Jeans in the US Target was $27.99. They were $29.99 in the Canadian Target.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #14
M2B
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
They aren't bad at all. A pair of Denizen Jeans in the US Target was $27.99. They were $29.99 in the Canadian Target.
Good news! If ours opens in July like it's supposed to back to school shopping will be done at Target.
M2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #15
Tower
DIS Veteran

I'll keep my money at Canadian Stores.

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: