Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
missdorado26
Mouseketeer

Can I cancel?

Not sure which resort we want to do. Can I do 2 separate reservations and pay the 200 deposit for the free dining and then cancel tomorrow once we decide? Will I get the total 200 back?
missdorado26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
disney meema
DIS Veteran

I believe you would have to buy the insurance plan to get a refund, but not certain. They may credit your deposit to the other resort? That being said I really am not completely sure
disney meema is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
msb578
Mouseketeer

There is no penalty for canceling a package if you're more than 44 days out. You receive a full refund.
msb578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #4
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

We booked a bounce-back free dining package in November 2013 for late-September weekend this year. At the time, we were thinking we wouldn't actually be able to go. Since then we bought into DVC and instead are hoping to go with "freebee" points during mid-October instead (long story). I have yet to cancel our reservation because even that is not certain.

That's a rather convoluted way for me to say: I only booked the bounce-back because I knew I could cancel and get a full refund at least 45 days before my arrival date.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:44 PM   #5
missdorado26
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete
We booked a bounce-back free dining package in November 2013 for late-September weekend this year. At the time, we were thinking we wouldn't actually be able to go. Since then we bought into DVC and instead are hoping to go with "freebee" points during mid-October instead (long story). I have yet to cancel our reservation because even that is not certain.

That's a rather convoluted way for me to say: I only booked the bounce-back because I knew I could cancel and get a full refund at least 45 days before my arrival date.
We went to Disney last August for the first time. I had no idea you could book another trip and get an awesome deal like that. Had we known I would have booked it and if need be cancel it later. Now we know so we will keep it in mind when we go this year.
missdorado26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #6
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdorado26 View Post
We went to Disney last August for the first time. I had no idea you could book another trip and get an awesome deal like that. Had we known I would have booked it and if need be cancel it later. Now we know so we will keep it in mind when we go this year.
Bounce back free dining is only in the September window. Sometimes they put a brochure in your room telling you about it, but a lot of times they don't. If you call CRO (central reservations) while you are at the Disney resort, their will almost always be some kind of incentive deal to get you to come back. If you are there in the fall, it is usually the free dining initiative for the next year, but also some sort of room discount at other times. This usually isn't any better deal than you would be able to get anyways, but if you know you are coming back, it secures you into the rate.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: