DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #811
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
We have a twofer of a different variety tomorrow...

Happy Birthday Loribell!!!!
Happy Anniversary rusafee1183!!!!
I am a day early, but around here, we cant celebrate special occasions none too soon
Good point, Jimmy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Loribell!

and

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Rusafee!

Also, prayers and best wishes out to you, TwoKats. Wishing you all the best.

(yep, I'm a guy)

Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #812
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Good morning Groupies!

I'm sitting here in a hotel room in Bloomington, IN as we are beginning a weekend of celebration for my younger daughter's graduation from Indiana University. I thought of all of you who I have known so long, and I remember posting comments on these boards when we were in the college search mode. Wow, does time ever pass quickly!

Since we are great about supporting each other through life's rough times, I wanted to also share a time that is full of joyful anticipation of a new stage in my daughter's life. We couldn't be happier and prouder for her. And all you who I've "known" so long, I wanted you to be part of this happy time. Enjoy your weekend, and I wish every one of you a wonderful day.

(yep, I'm a guy)

Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #813
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH42608 View Post
Well we can certainly see why you all love the lodge so much!! It's wonderful and I miss it now that I'm home! I can't wait to go back with my little guys someday. Within the first few HOURS of being there DH was already willing to consider adding a contract at VWL! We spent our entire 1st day at the pool- the smaller one by the villas. It was so quiet and relaxing, siiiiigh. We actually got there at 10am and 1st had breakfast at WCC which was great.
Some other things I LOVED:
The boat ride to MK after dark.
Walking anywhere on this property!
Renting sea racers and speeding around Bay Lake.
The lobbies in both the villas and the lodge.
The extremely short walk from the villas to the bus stop- since I tend to forget things and seem to always be running back for something.

The only thing we wish it had was a little water play area for our little guys. The kiddie pool was cute and they'll be big enough to go down the slide before I know it anyway .

Anyway, we loved it loved it loved it!!!
Kate -- thanks for your vacation update! It's so fun to read about everyone's trips! My little guys will be big guys this time. We can't wait to go!
bagsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #814
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
Good morning Groupies!

I'm sitting here in a hotel room in Bloomington, IN as we are beginning a weekend of celebration for my younger daughter's graduation from Indiana University. I thought of all of you who I have known so long, and I remember posting comments on these boards when we were in the college search mode. Wow, does time ever pass quickly!

Since we are great about supporting each other through life's rough times, I wanted to also share a time that is full of joyful anticipation of a new stage in my daughter's life. We couldn't be happier and prouder for her. And all you who I've "known" so long, I wanted you to be part of this happy time. Enjoy your weekend, and I wish every one of you a wonderful day.
Granny -- how wonderful! Although I'm still sort of a new groupie, and haven't been around for all the milestones, I can appreciate your thoughts and feelings right now! Our boys are still relatively young, but they are in that stage where you realize they are REALLY growing up -- and it's happening fast. I know we will be in your shoes in the blink of an eye.

Reading your post is a reminder to me to really stop and savor every little moment!

Congratulations!!!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #815
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murron View Post
Exactly one week from today we will be in VWL !

It could not come at a better time! Work de-stressing a lots of margaritas are going to be the order of the day(s)!
Wooooooooooooooooooooo! Have a margarita for me! We have a month to go!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #816
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Sorry I'm a little late.....final exam week for me and I'm a bit stressed.....

But wanted to extend warm "happy birthdays" to :
franandaj & Loribell !!!!

MiaSRN62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #817
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning Groupies!

Much congrats to your daughter Granny !!! My daughter graduated from FSU this time last year so I understand COMPLETELY how it feels !!!! Hugs !

Here was my daughter last year after just arriving in WDW for a post grad celebration and dinner at Olivia's with her grad "ears" on :

HAPPY GRADUATION AND CONGRATS TO YOUR DAUGHTER GRANNY !!!!

MiaSRN62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #818
twinmom108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Happy Birthday Loribell!
Happy Anniversary Rusafee1183!!

:
Hope you two had the best celebrations ever!!

Peter Pan's #1 Fan
twinmom108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #819
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom108 View Post
I second that!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #820
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Granny congrats to your daughter! Time really does go by so fast! Our younger son only has one more year to go. Enjoy your weekend!

Maria good luck with your exams!

Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #821
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
SO EXCITED... I just got word that my VWL passed ROFR today...
Now Quick...tell me how to get the VWL in my signature...

I can sit on the rocking chairs with the rest of you fine people.

Contract was submitted April 10th and passed today...150 December use year points...and buyer pays all member fees and closing costs with 50 2012 points still available... paid more than we wanted, but was tired of waiting, waiting, waiting for the PERFECT contract...

WooooHoooooo!!!! Congratulations on passing ROFR! Sorry I'm a little late with this, but either way - VERY exciting news!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
We have a twofer of a different variety tomorrow...

Happy Birthday Loribell!!!!
Happy Anniversary rusafee1183!!!!
I am a day early, but around here, we cant celebrate special occasions none too soon
Thank you JT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
So right JT. We can't start soon enough so I wish Loribel a magical birthday and rusafee1183 the best anniversary ever!!!
Thanks! It was amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Happy Birthday Loribell!
Happy Anniversary Rusafee1183!!

I hope the birthday is a great one Loribell and I hope the anniversary is a special one.

What do you figure, AP for the anniversary and WC for the birthday?????
AP sounds perfect for an anniversary! Overlooking the water, glass of champagne.....

Quote:
Good point, Jimmy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Loribell!

and

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Rusafee!

Also, prayers and best wishes out to you, TwoKats. Wishing you all the best.
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Good morning Groupies!

Congratulations on your daughters graduation! It's so nice to have somewhere to share all the happy times with friends. New and old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom108 View Post
We did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
I second that!
Thank you so much again everyone!!!!

We had a great night. We went to one of our favorite restaurants in the city, and headed straight home to watch the Pens game! Super romantic, right?

But I know there's a lot of hockey fans around here - so you all can understand

We decided that wine and dessert would be best served in front of the TV with PJ's on.

rusafee1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #822
DisneyFreaks
Don't get me started about those darn busses!

Quote:
Good morning Groupies!I'm sitting here in a hotel room in Bloomington, IN as we are beginning a weekend of celebration for my younger daughter's graduation from Indiana University. I thought of all of you who I have known so long, and I remember posting comments on these boards when we were in the college search mode. Wow, does time ever pass quickly!
I hadn't joined the groupies yet when you were in college search mode but I do know how quickly time can fly. Congratulations to your daughter Granny. May she experience all of the good things life has in store.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #823
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH42608 View Post
Well we can certainly see why you all love the lodge so much!! It's wonderful and I miss it now that I'm home! I can't wait to go back with my little guys someday. Within the first few HOURS of being there DH was already willing to consider adding a contract at VWL! We spent our entire 1st day at the pool- the smaller one by the villas. It was so quiet and relaxing, siiiiigh. We actually got there at 10am and 1st had breakfast at WCC which was great.
Some other things I LOVED:
The boat ride to MK after dark.
Walking anywhere on this property!
Renting sea racers and speeding around Bay Lake.
The lobbies in both the villas and the lodge.
The extremely short walk from the villas to the bus stop- since I tend to forget things and seem to always be running back for something.

The only thing we wish it had was a little water play area for our little guys. The kiddie pool was cute and they'll be big enough to go down the slide before I know it anyway .

Anyway, we loved it loved it loved it!!!
It is a special place indeed, glad you folks got so much joy out of your trip!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:07 AM   #824
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Good morning Groupies!

Congratulations to your daughter and your entire family on her graduation! Like you Granny, hard to believe the years have gone by so quick! I remember when you folks were in the search, now you are on the other end of it all
Old 05-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #825
twokats
DIS Veteran

I hope all groupies are having a good weekend.

It has been crazy here in Texas. Usually the end of February or into March, we are warming up and we get ready for hot. But we get into May and we actually had temps in the upper 30's. I was like what is going on here, this is May and this is Texas. . . . . . very unusual. But we are warming up again and are now back in the 70's.

Rehab has been going well. They informed me the other day that I am surpassing everything they are having me do so that they have upped my release date from 5-10 to Wed 5-8!!!

So for my non Disney countdown I have 4 more days til freedom!!! They have built the ramp for me to get into my house and DH and the kids have been rearranging and trying to make sure I can maneuver the wheelchair and the walker. They are so good to me!

So here are my happy dancers!!!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - April 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: