DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #31
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Don't think I have ever subscribed and then posted to a new thread so fast before! Thanks for a wonderful thread (one of two that I read almost everyday- Kook's being the other one)

Snow day today! More time for Disney and villa dreaming!
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Old 03-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #32
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Here is a Lodge question for everyone!

Although our trip is still a few months away, I make lists and plans to entertain myself!

We will be bringing a LOT of stuff with us. It sounds like we will have to park quite a ways away from the villas. I am not at all comfortable with having a castmember help us haul our junk in.

What do you folks usually do when you'll be staying quite a while and have a ton of stuff? We'll have 2 or 3 coolers, boxes of food, luggage, air mattresses, lots of bottled water -- I feel like we'll end up bringing the whole house!

I read somewhere that it's a good idea to bring a hand truck!

Any ideas? What do you guys do? Just make a gazillion trips till it's all in and call it a workout?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #33
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom
Although our trip is still a few months away, I make lists and plans to entertain myself!

We will be bringing a LOT of stuff with us. It sounds like we will have to park quite a ways away from the villas. I am not at all comfortable with having a castmember help us haul our junk in.

What do you folks usually do when you'll be staying quite a while and have a ton of stuff? We'll have 2 or 3 coolers, boxes of food, luggage, air mattresses, lots of bottled water -- I feel like we'll end up bringing the whole house!

Any ideas? What do you guys do? Just make a gazillion trips till it's all in and call it a workout?
What a great question! My DH hates lugging all our stuff a long way and I didn't think about the fact that the villas don't have a separate breezeway entrance. Can't you just use that entrance and wheel all your stuff through the lodge and out the door over to the villas? I am anxiously awaiting answers to your question too! ( we are also driving and making a stop for supplies)
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Old 03-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #34
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post

We always manage to have a ton of stuff, for 2 .

Since the valet manage to squeeze tips for 2 instead of one, and being the frugal bugger that I am, this is what we do.

We have 2 very large suitcases. We always bring those up first along with other stuff.
Then we empty them in the room and head down for the rest of the stuff. And yes, it is a workout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
What a great question! My DH hates lugging all our stuff a long way and I didn't think about the fact that the villas don't have a separate breezeway entrance. Can't you just use that entrance and wheel all your stuff through the lodge and out the door over to the villas? I am anxiously awaiting answers to your question too! ( we are also driving and making a stop for supplies)
Well I guess you could.

But it seems like it may be a little more work (further) than parking in that very first area closest to the breezeway to VWL.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #35
Muushka

Groupies Old and New

A Mission!

Lets figure out what version of the Groupie thread we are on. Help me out!

OK.

1. Started by someone who no longer posts
2. Started by Muush (I think)
3. ? Did I start this one too?
4. Eliza ?
5. Eliza?
6. Stopher?
7. Stopher?
8. Jimmy?
9. Jimmy?

Lets figure out what version we are on!!!!

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 03-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #36
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
My baby girl has finally broke out of her shell!!!

I am a proud mama.
More kats!!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #37
princesskat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
We haven't been at any of the meets yet, but anyway, and welcome to the Friendliest Forum on the DISboards! (We need to register and/or copyright that phrase!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Welcome to the groupies princesskat!!!!
We are glad you joined us. And no worries about being shy, you will always be welcome here with open arms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Hi Kati! Any daughter of Twokats is a daughter of ours! Welcome and please visit often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Welcome Kati!
Thanks... I feel right at home here!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #38
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Groupies Old and New

A Mission!

Lets figure out what version of the Groupie thread we are on. Help me out!

OK.

1. Started by someone who no longer posts
2. Started by Muush (I think)
3. ? Did I start this one too?
4. Eliza ?
5. Eliza?
6. Stopher?
7. Stopher?
8. Jimmy?
9. Jimmy?

Lets figure out what version we are on!!!!
Believe it or not Muushka, I have all the old threads in my subscriptions with the exception of the first, which was already closed before I found y'all!!!

This is what I have:

1. no idea
2. Muushka : ***The VWL: Groupies and Trivia Thread*** Chapter 2!!
3. Eliza61: We're baaaaack!! **The WLV's groupies and trivia Thread Chapter 3
4. Eliza61: Bunnies and moosies and groupies, Oh My!!! The WL groupies Thread
5. Eliza61: VWL Lover's and Groupies Thread: It all started with a Moose
6. Stopher1: VWL Lovers and Groupies: Meese-ka, Mice-ka, Moose-kateers
7. Jimmy: VWL Groupies. . . yes we love the lodge
8. Jimmy: VWL Groupies. . . yes we love the lodge a lot!!

Anyway, this is what I have! So according to this we are on #8. ? . ? !!!

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 03-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #39
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
We usually give over our suitcases to the bellhop staff, as well as any supplies that can't sit in a hot car since rarely is our room ready when we arrive. Anything that can survive in the car until we physically check into our room, usually sits there until we feel up to retrieving it. We always park at the closest parking lot to the bus stop--the one where the taxis sit--then when we do haul any extra items to our room, we beeline for the bus stop and use that breezeway as a shortcut of sorts to get to our room. In other words, we don't follow the sidewalks exactly. Considering the number of miles we log in the parks on any given visit, the distance from the lot to our room doesn't seem overwhelming to us.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #40
Muushka

Quote:
Believe it or not Muushka, I have all the old threads in my subscriptions with the exception of the first, which was already closed before I found y'all!!!

This is what I have:

1. no idea

You rock!!! So this is 8.0 Good job!

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 03-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #41
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Here's another question.

Dry ice in a cooler? Anyone?

Our first night, I am surprising my guys by leaving a day sooner than expected, first night at the Contemporary and going to MK for parade and fireworks.

Since we are bringing so many groceries (and I can shop much cheaper here) I will have a cooler with perishables. Have any of you used dry ice? If I'm not mistaken, it will last 48 hours. It seems like it could work -- it would have to last from about 7 am the first day to about 3 pm the second day.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #42
staceyeid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Here's another question.

Dry ice in a cooler? Anyone?

Our first night, I am surprising my guys by leaving a day sooner than expected, first night at the Contemporary and going to MK for parade and fireworks.

Since we are bringing so many groceries (and I can shop much cheaper here) I will have a cooler with perishables. Have any of you used dry ice? If I'm not mistaken, it will last 48 hours. It seems like it could work -- it would have to last from about 7 am the first day to about 3 pm the second day.
We attempted dry ice last year on a vacation. It didn't work so well. We purchased it the night before we needed it from a local butcher. Put it in the cooler and the next morning it was about the size of an ice cube! Not sure what we did wrong because it is supposed to last a lot longer! Good luck!

Just received our Magical Express tickets and luggage tags for our trip in September. Talk about early!! Not that I'm complaining, was so much fun to come home to an envelope with Disney written on the outside!!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #43
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

princesskat - Kati - WELCOME! So very nice to have you here! Don't be shy, we're all family here! Your mom has been keeping us up with your activities, now you can come and tell us yourself.

WELCOME Jasonkat! There's no better place to be during the Christmas season than Wilderness Lodge! Congratulations on your purchase. Riding the boat over to the Magic Kingdom is one of the things we like best. Actually, DDad and I know we're on vacation when we here the boat horns first thing in the morning.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #44
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Quote:

This is what I have:

1. no idea

This is really funny, because I have them all in my subscriptions, too. Same as you, no #1. Who would have guessed we've been at it this long.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #45
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyeid View Post
We attempted dry ice last year on a vacation. It didn't work so well. We purchased it the night before we needed it from a local butcher. Put it in the cooler and the next morning it was about the size of an ice cube! Not sure what we did wrong because it is supposed to last a lot longer! Good luck!

Just received our Magical Express tickets and luggage tags for our trip in September. Talk about early!! Not that I'm complaining, was so much fun to come home to an envelope with Disney written on the outside!!
It's never too early to get excited -- as long as you have something fun to do to keep your brain occupied between now and then!

I've been making customized touring plans on the Touring Plans website! Fun, fun, fun!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: