Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
alc571
DIS Veteran

Reservation Question

Ok, so a couple weeks ago we booked a RR at POR as part of the spring promotion. RR's were the only rooms available at the time - otherwise we would have booked a regular garden view/standard room.

When I looked today, there seem to be some regular rooms (std/garden) available for booking under the promotion.

I called to change our ressie (even though I've already paid) to move from a RR to a reg garden, and upgrade our passes to hoppers. It would cost me about $40 more, but we'd get much better value from the hoppers than the RR, and I prefer the location of a gardenview room to that of Oak/Parterre.

The person I spoke to said there were no regular rooms available. I explained that I was looking at it on their website, and it seemed to be available for booking. She said she wasn't sure why it was showing that way, and said it may be for new bookings only.

I asked if I could get one, and she said no. Is this normal? or should I try calling and getting someone else?
Old 03-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

There are lots of problems with that website. I'd tend to believe someone on the phone with CRO more than that website. There's no harm in trying to call again, but I doubt their answer would be any different.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
Tpiejg
Mouseketeer

i would definitely call again. I called to book dining ressies at the 180 day market and the cm told me I could only book one day of dining and that i would have to call back each day to book the next day of dining for my vacation. i told her we were at the180 + 10 mark and she had no idea what i was talking about. cm can make mistakes even big obvious ones. called again and got all my ressies booked.
Tpiejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
alc571
DIS Veteran

Yay!

Called back - got someone new - sure enough they had regular and gardenview rooms, and she was happy to switch me over! yay!!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Persistence pays
It is not just the new website, I was in the same spot a couple of years ago and the CM told me that there were no discount rooms available at the resort I asked about even though I was looking at it online at that same time. While still on the line with the CM i went ahead and booked it, got a confirmation number and when she got back with me I just told her to cancel my room only reservation and told her I just booked the discount room online She did not know how that happened but was very nice and canceled my older reservation. There also was a time that I called and got a better discount then showed online, so it can go either way. Now I get everything all set online and then call the reservation line just to see if either one is cheaper

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
nkereina
Wendy Darling

The inconsistency with phone CMs amazes me. It has always been like this and I don't get it. Time Warner and Verizon are constantly berated for their horrible customer service on the phones, yet Disney always gets away with it! I don't get it!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
alc571
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina
The inconsistency with phone CMs amazes me. It has always been like this and I don't get it. Time Warner and Verizon are constantly berated for their horrible customer service on the phones, yet Disney always gets away with it! I don't get it!
I have to agree. The first CM I spoke to was completely unhelpful. And when I said I was looking at the rooms online, she was quite snotty in her "well, I don't know why it's showing you that" response. I know websites take longer to update and such, and if I'd called back again and gotten the same answer, I would have been happy to accept the response. But, when I call back and a very helpful CM says "we absolutely have rooms in both standard and garden view" it's angering. It wouldn't be so bad if I were calling a 1-800 number, but I had to pay for that first call!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: