Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #16
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by refinnej View Post
What style do you have? I have the hipster and while I'll use it for the parks, I could use something more as a carryon. Looking for recommendations for a good size for that purpose!

Can't wait to see the new Disney designs in person! I am a purse junkie. This will only feed my problem.
I have the Metropolitan bag for my carryon. Unfortunately, it's in the process of being retired, so I don't think that one will come out in the Disney print. But the good news is, it's on sale in several colors on the website! Really great size, good pockets, a padded divider in the main compartment that holds my iPad & eReader nicely. Just the right size. It holds a *lot* but still fits under the seat in front of me. I carry it instead of a purse when I fly.

Sayhello

http://www.verabradley.com/catalog/s...olitan&x=0&y=0

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #17
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkleKS View Post
I was so excited when I saw this earlier today. I love Vera Bradley. Much to the amusement of my male collegues, I carry a flowered Vera Bradley computer backpack. It is the greatest thing ever! My only bummer is it says they won't be available until fall
What size laptop do you carry in the backpack? I was thinking of getting that instead of the massive rolling bag I use for my work computer now.

Sayhello
Old 03-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #18
Z28KatCar
"A wish is a dream your heart makes"

I'm so excited for these bags. I hope they make one with the princesses in the future! For those of you looking for a carry on use my "large Duffle' & my "Vera" as carry ons. As for lap tops there is a "lap top" bag.

1974-1992 off site 2x/yr!, 1989-1992 Participant in the Candlelight procession ,1995 ASMV, 1997 AS, 1999 POFQ, 2003 Day Trip, 2010~2 wks ASMo, 2013~2 wks WL CL
Z28KatCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #19
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

I would like one in blue please.

Environmentallity Begins With You
starwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #20
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Really excited about this!! We have quite a few of VB pieces from duffles to totes, purses to backpacks and my oldest recently ordered herself the laptop sleeve for college. We find the VB quality to be amazing and we've always used the larger totes as our carryons with no issues. My youngest (14) is a bigger VB lover and has quite a few purses and wristlets in her collection but prefers the VB small backpack as her "travel" purse & carries it around in the parks. Me and my older DD prefer the hipster when traveling and touring the parks and have done so now for the last 4 years. The best part like another pp mentioned, is that when they get dirty, I just throw them in the washer & dryer and they come out looking like new. I'm just hoping they'll have a few pieces out by late August when we go this year
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #21
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
You know, that's what I thought, too. But I saw a travel bag a friend of mine had, and really liked it, and bought one for myself. It has been my carryon (well filled!) on 5 long vacations so far, and it looks brand new. They are really sturdy and really well made (and I am hard on bags!) I always said I'd never get sucked into Vera Bradley, but I have been!

Sayhello
Oh, no! Now I'm really tempted. It is a good thing that they won't come out until the fall. My It's a Small World Lesportsac should be here any day now.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #22
loriandmatt
DIS Veteran

how sick am i that i am considering rescheduling my vaca so i can get one of these things?!?!? rushing off to check when my APs expire. hoping against hope that they might premier these in late summer as opposed to fall.
8/1980 (a one day trip to MK, but the magic was planted), 9/2000 ASMo (the long awaited return - i am hooked), 10/2001 - FW, 2/2002 - offsite, 6/2002 - ASMu, 8/2003 FW (it's been over a year- ack! I am going thru withdrawl), 3/2004 FW, Wow - a new house and a new baby - will have to wait a while for out next trip. How long do you think we can hold out?!?!?!?, 9/2005 - Pop (Held out for 18 months - that was hard!), 8/2006 - ASSp and POR, 8/2007 - FW,6/2008 - off site windsor hills villa,8/09 - just swung by for two day trips while staying at Cocoa Beach,07/10 - WL, 07/11 - AKL,8/12 - POR, 7/13 - Poly, 2014 - planning - leaning towards FW cabin
loriandmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #23
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by refinnej View Post
What style do you have? I have the hipster and while I'll use it for the parks, I could use something more as a carryon. Looking for recommendations for a good size for that purpose!

Can't wait to see the new Disney designs in person! I am a purse junkie. This will only feed my problem.
I use my VB duffle...think it's the large one, but could be wrong...as carryon sometimes. I also always take my VB large backpack as my personal item for carryon. It goes quite nicely under the seat and I can get a lot of stuff in it.
I just bought my dd, 19, the laptop backpack. I think it was about $100 or so. It's got a special padded area for a laptop. She was thrilled with it.

I have soooo many VB bags. They wear very well...too well maybe!! I wasn't going to get any more of them for awhile but now I'll be getting a few more this fall!!!! Love the Disney design.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #24
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I use my VB duffle...think it's the large one, but could be wrong...as carryon sometimes. I also always take my VB large backpack as my personal item for carryon. It goes quite nicely under the seat and I can get a lot of stuff in it.
I just bought my dd, 19, the laptop backpack. I think it was about $100 or so. It's got a special padded area for a laptop. She was thrilled with it.
I have soooo many VB bags. They wear very well...too well maybe!! I wasn't going to get any more of them for awhile but now I'll be getting a few more this fall!!!! Love the Disney design.
My oldest DD got this one too as a graduation present last June and she uses it for college - she loves it also...her laptop fits perfectly in it along with all her books and other stuff.

If they are not out in the parks in late August, I'm hoping we'll be able to order them thru the Disney store website.
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #25
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriandmatt
how sick am i that i am considering rescheduling my vaca so i can get one of these things?!?!? rushing off to check when my APs expire. hoping against hope that they might premier these in late summer as opposed to fall.
You won't have to do so as they'll be sold online and in the parks.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #26
Mickeefan
DIS Veteran

This has been a long time in the works...

A friend of mine was working in the Emporium & Uptown Jewelers in late 2010/early 2011 & was told by management that Vera Bradley was working with Disney to come up with some fabric designs.

I've been waiting...and I'm so happy to hear they are definately coming.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #27
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

There's talk on the FB Dooney page that this might replace Dooneys. At least they're a little cheaper!

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #28
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello
I have the Metropolitan bag for my carryon. Unfortunately, it's in the process of being retired, so I don't think that one will come out in the Disney print. But the good news is, it's on sale in several colors on the website! Really great size, good pockets, a padded divider in the main compartment that holds my iPad & eReader nicely. Just the right size. It holds a *lot* but still fits under the seat in front of me. I carry it instead of a purse when I fly.

Sayhello

I use this as my carryon as well! So functional and keeps everything organized!
It also can slide over the handle of a rolling suitcase for even more functionality!

I just returned from a 7 day trip and am now obsessed with the little hipster....

I previously carried a swing pack but found I would carry too much stuff just because I had the space. The little hipster held everything perfectly... Room key, AP, id, some cash, camera, phone, sunglasses, hand sanitizer, Chapstick, and even 2 ponchos on our 1 almost rainy day! I sure hope the Disney patterns come in the little hipster!!!

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Miss Potts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #29
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Potts View Post
I use this as my carryon as well! So functional and keeps everything organized!
It also can slide over the handle of a rolling suitcase for even more functionality!

I just returned from a 7 day trip and am now obsessed with the little hipster....

I previously carried a swing pack but found I would carry too much stuff just because I had the space. The little hipster held everything perfectly... Room key, AP, id, some cash, camera, phone, sunglasses, hand sanitizer, Chapstick, and even 2 ponchos on our 1 almost rainy day! I sure hope the Disney patterns come in the little hipster!!!
I'll have to check the little hipster out. I tend to fill the space I have, so I try to carry small-ish bags, too!

Sayhello
Old 03-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #30
coastermom
Proud Redhead
I am not crazy just like my job
This makes the decision much easier
ROLLERCOASTERS ARE MY LIFE

Really looking forward to my trip to WDW in Nov I will have to just happen to get one of these !! I love my vera tote for work and I also love my Dooney bag but because it is white I can not use it for work ..Kids in my class love the Mickey bag though !! ... I hope they run just about what other Vera bags would go for !!

coastermom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: