Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #1351
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Karisa, rooms are still available. Paula was able to book ours yesterday! It will be Paula, Kerri, my friend Chrissy and I in a room at the GC! I am so excited to stay there. So looking forward to this trip.

Beth, so far Childrens Place is great for schedule. I will work mostly evenings and weekends, and when my mom gets back from California (lucky woman!!) she can watch Seth if I work the odd day shift. So it's great. But i have a feeling most of my paychecks are going to go to clothes. I've already spotted lots I want to buy, lol.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #1352
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Beth, so far Childrens Place is great for schedule. I will work mostly evenings and weekends, and when my mom gets back from California (lucky woman!!) she can watch Seth if I work the odd day shift. So it's great. But i have a feeling most of my paychecks are going to go to clothes. I've already spotted lots I want to buy, lol.
But, just think how cute Seth will look!
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #1353
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Honeys, I'm HOME! LOL So glad it's summer and everyone is busy! It only took me 4 pages to catch up on all of July!

Dawn, belated hugs on the loss of Maxine. I lost my Coco to a fast moving cancer 2 years ago. She was only 4.

Convention was AWESOME FUN, as always. I've been home since Sunday night and I finally feel like I've caught up on my sleep. LOL Now I can start thinking about my next Disney trip (Sept 24 & 25). WAY too far off. LOL

LisaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:37 PM   #1354
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat
Honeys, I'm HOME! LOL So glad it's summer and everyone is busy! It only took me 4 pages to catch up on all of July!

Dawn, belated hugs on the loss of Maxine. I lost my Coco to a fast moving cancer 2 years ago. She was only 4.

Convention was AWESOME FUN, as always. I've been home since Sunday night and I finally feel like I've caught up on my sleep. LOL Now I can start thinking about my next Disney trip (Sept 24 & 25). WAY too far off. LOL
Thank you Lisa...I'm sorry about Coco... only 4 years old that is really hard...I am grateful for the 14 I had my girl with me.

Glad to hear the convention was fun.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #1355
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesquared View Post
Hello Divas!

I'm still around, and still thinking about the 2014 Diva Trip!

We just bought our tickets for the Halloween Party, yay! We'll be there on Halloween night, so we're all really excited! Even Daryl has his costume planned. He wants to be Mr. Incredible. I can't wait to see him in his spandex suit!

I was able to get a free Parkhopper with my AirMiles, so I figure upgrading it to an Annual Pass won't really cost much more than the Hopper. Then I can go on the Diva Trip! Yay!

The girls are at summer camp this week, so maybe I can get caught up on all the Diva happenings.
Hi, how many days will you be down during Halloweentime?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

Yay!!! Good for you. The parents can make other arrangements, you need to have some fun, too.
Can't wait to hear what you think about it and see your pics. )
You mean there's more to it besides trick or treating? Looking forward to the Cadaver Dans and the fireworks too.
Quote:

"Resting up" at Disneyland makes me laugh. I always come home from there bone tired and seriously lacking in sleep! lol
I consider it a rest. At home it seems like there is always something to do or clean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Sometimes I check in and there aren't any new posts.. I'm sure when the subject of meals comes up things will get hopping!
My next DL trip is Sunday.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #1356
mommaU4

Happy Friday, ladies! Finally!

Lisa, welcome back!

Trudi, this place is a ghost town....but our FB page always has something new and interesting.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #1357
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Trudi, this place is a ghost town....but our FB page always has something new and interesting.
True dat. LOL

LisaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #1358
mommaU4

Hello, ladies! Sunday already? The weekend flew by! Ruben had to work today, which kind of sucks but then again, it's only half day and we need the overtime. So, I can't complain!

Hope everyone is having or had a great weekend!
Old 07-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #1359
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I LOVE San Diego! Where are you staying? We really enjoy Carlsbad and Oceanside, too. Hope you get the rest and relaxation you need and deserve.
Hey Beth - I love going to San Diego too but I'm poor so I have to choose one trip per year - so I have chosen Disneyland the last couple of years. This year with the awful spring/summer that I've had my sister suggested we go to San Diego for a couple of days and I can pay her back over the next few months. I jumped at the chance. Since I am on a tight budget we didn't stay anywhere exciting and we spent some time at Mission Beach and the zoo - which I love. I could spend days at that zoo it is amazing!

Then yesterday we made the long boring trip back across the desert to Phoenix - not the fun part of any trip but has to be done.

Now it is Monday and I'm back to work trying to get my head back in the game. Students will be here soon and we have to be ready to help them get situated and settled for the semester.

Have a great week!
Old 07-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #1360
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I loved San Diego and Carlsbad when we were there a few months ago. Such a pretty area. Would love to live there some day. Or at least take more trips there. We are going with another couple next May on a 2 week trip and are driving down. We are definitely stopping for a few days in the San Diego area.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #1361
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoRocks View Post
Hey Beth - I love going to San Diego too but I'm poor so I have to choose one trip per year - so I have chosen Disneyland the last couple of years. This year with the awful spring/summer that I've had my sister suggested we go to San Diego for a couple of days and I can pay her back over the next few months. I jumped at the chance. Since I am on a tight budget we didn't stay anywhere exciting and we spent some time at Mission Beach and the zoo - which I love. I could spend days at that zoo it is amazing!

Then yesterday we made the long boring trip back across the desert to Phoenix - not the fun part of any trip but has to be done.

Now it is Monday and I'm back to work trying to get my head back in the game. Students will be here soon and we have to be ready to help them get situated and settled for the semester.

Have a great week!
It is an AWFUL drive!

My daughter has check-in at 12:30pm on August 17, then moving into Hassayampa. Will you be close by? I can at least stop by and say HI!
Old 07-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #1362
mommaU4

Good afternoon, ladies! Yep, it's a Monday. I'm feeling very blah although I'm not sure why. Hmm. Oh, well.
Hope you all have a good start to your week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoRocks View Post

Have a great week!
Ugh, driving home is the worst, isn't it? It was so hard coming from the lush, green scenery of Washington and Oregon, to the many shades of taupe here in the desert.

Good luck getting back to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I loved San Diego and Carlsbad when we were there a few months ago. Such a pretty area. Would love to live there some day. Or at least take more trips there. We are going with another couple next May on a 2 week trip and are driving down. We are definitely stopping for a few days in the San Diego area.
I used to want to live there. Ruben and I went so often when we were dating. We'd talk about how we'd get a house there. While I still love it, I'm glad we don't live there. It's so crowded now compared to what I remember 25 years ago! Or, perhaps I am just getting old and prefer a place with less people.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #1363
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

I know I don't post much on here or the Divas thread but I read; promise!

I'm currently planning a short WDW trip for my little sister and I in late January, so obviously that is taking up all of the planning part of my brain. I'm so familiar with DLR that my planning is usually very minimal since I've done most everything. I love planning so I'm loving this time before the trip to read trip reports, menus and about new things that we must do at WDW.

I hope you are all having a wonderful summer so far. I've had a good one but I'm looking forward to fall. Mostly my trip to visit my sister over Thanksgiving.

Also my uncle and his family are coming from TX before they are officially moved to HI (army). I haven't seen them since last year and who knows when I'll see them again as flying to/from HI for 5 can be VERY expensive.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #1364
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
It only took me 4 pages to catch up on all of July!

Now I can start thinking about my next Disney trip (Sept 24 & 25). WAY too far off. LOL
I know, I've been lazy about getting on disBoards because I can catch up on a couple weeks in a short time. And, I have Facebook open most of the day so I feel like I keep up.

If my trip doesn't get delayed again, I'll beat you to DL by a few days. We're scheduled to head down on the 2nd.

Welcome back!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #1365
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Good morning all. I too stop by and read and am actually on here more lately as we have our halloween trip in Oct and are now planning for our Nov of 14 trip and I VERY rarely go to the DW side of the site but I went over there to do some reading and ask some questions but they are just not as responsive over there. I asked questions in 3 different areas and only got 1 or 2 responses. My mom owns a timeshare and we are planning to trade in to DVC but one thing we did NOT know is that they only release a VERY small portion of the rooms for exchanges and so even though we have tried to book more than a year out there is nothing. We are now on a wait list that could take 3 or 4 months or we might not get it at all. So if we don't get anything by Oct my mom is just going to book something onsight. Prob Port Orleans. We could use our timeshare offsite but really want to do the dinning plan. So there is so much to do and think about. I also have most of oct DL trip done. We are going to do the happy haunts tour and I can't book that till 30 days out or our dinning but otherwise we have a room and our party booked. REALLY looking forward to that.

And then yesterday I bought a book on New England. That is a LONG way away but I wanted to start doing some reading and try to start getting some ideas. I am REALLY excited at the thought of that trip and hope it all works out that we can go. WE are hoping to fly in to NYC and spend 3 or 4 days in Manhatten and then take the train to Boston and go to Salem for Haunted Happenings and then explore some of the New England states. I want to go to Maine New Hampshire and Vermont.

Anywho hope everyone is having a great day!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: