Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #1276
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Sometimes, Lisa, you are my favorite.

Will be roughing out the "course" for the Pub Crawl and formulating rules and guidelines.

Glad I saw this - I thought of something else today regarding pub crawl, but I was in a hurry and forgot to jot it down! Just the reminder I needed!

We have LOVELY weather today! Breezy, overcast, 77 degrees, a few sprinkles here and there. Tomorrow we are supposed to get RAIN which will last on and off until Wednesday and then back up to near triple digits by the weekend. YUCK on that! LOL

LisaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #1277
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post

Glad I saw this - I thought of something else today regarding pub crawl, but I was in a hurry and forgot to jot it down! Just the reminder I needed!

We have LOVELY weather today! Breezy, overcast, 77 degrees, a few sprinkles here and there. Tomorrow we are supposed to get RAIN which will last on and off until Wednesday and then back up to near triple digits by the weekend. YUCK on that! LOL
DOUBLE YUCK on the triple digits!!!
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #1278
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Hi ladies! I've been at Annual Training for the Guard since the 14th, seems like longer. Today they called "ENDEX" (end of exercise), so our wargames are over, but we still have a few days left of training. No wifi at the barracks so I've been coming down here to the "Warrior Zone" on Ft. Lewis to use the internet for schoolwork and facebook. Still sad that I missed Beth, hope to hear all about the mini-meet soon. The only really good thing about this two weeks is that I'm double-dipping, I get paid military leave from work along with my military pay for the training, so I'll be putting some away for the trip. I cannot wait.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
CamoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:59 PM   #1279
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! I've had a boring evening, so I decided to start working on my tattoo that I want to get done sometime in the next couple months. And this is what I have:

Yes! Of course, it's Stitch! I've been wanting to get Stitch inked on me for many many years, and I've finally found the image I want to do. BUt obviously I am going to get the artist to do cleaner lines, and a more realistic job of the claw marks. Make it look like he's clawing me a little. And I think I am going to also try and get a hidden mickey somewhere in the flowers or something. In spirit of Disneyland of course. Let me know what you think!

Also since I am in another Photoshop mood, if anyone is wanting new siggies, or any newbies wanting one added to your signature, please send me a PM with your name and a preferred character (or 2!).
Old 06-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #1280
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hello ladies!

I'm baaaaack!

So. Tired. A 13 day, four state, road trip with 6 people is tiring. But, so fun. We made memories that I know the kids will cherish for a long time to come. And, bonus, I got to meet up with some of the Divas! Fun times.

I've only skimmed back and am sure I missed things so if there was anything important or anything that needs updating can you please re-post it, or PM me? Thanks.

The kitchen gadget/foodie exchange sign-ups will be starting today! So keep an eye out for those.

I came home to temps that, over the next five days, will range from 114 to 117. Makes me want to cry. It's just so wrong. I hate the heat. Guess we'll be hitting Redbox and hunkering down for the weekend with some movies.

Hope everyone else is doing well, staying cool, and has a great weekend!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #1281
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Morning Ladies!

Well the remodel is basically done, and reunions were this past weekend. Whew! I don't think I have ever been this tired in my life. Working all day, and late at night, just trying to get things done. We were grouting the back splash last Wednesday, and people were beginning to show up on Friday. I still had to finish painting the window sills, and put stuff away. My girls came on Thursday to help me as much as possible. Thank goodness for them! We still don't have a floor, and I still need to finish painting the front entryway, doors and shutters on the outside. My house went from sage green to white. It looks so different now. But I'm loving it so far. I'm going to try and see if I can get pictures of my new kitchen up here. LOL..... everytime I do this, I have to remember what the world do I do?

I hope everyone is well!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #1282
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hello ladies!

I'm baaaaack!

So. Tired. A 13 day, four state, road trip with 6 people is tiring. But, so fun. We made memories that I know the kids will cherish for a long time to come. And, bonus, I got to meet up with some of the Divas! Fun times.

I've only skimmed back and am sure I missed things so if there was anything important or anything that needs updating can you please re-post it, or PM me? Thanks.

The kitchen gadget/foodie exchange sign-ups will be starting today! So keep an eye out for those.

I came home to temps that, over the next five days, will range from 114 to 117. Makes me want to cry. It's just so wrong. I hate the heat. Guess we'll be hitting Redbox and hunkering down for the weekend with some movies.

Hope everyone else is doing well, staying cool, and has a great weekend!
HI Beth! welcome back!
Glad that you had a wonderful time. I love road trips. Wish I had one planned for this summer, but no go. So I love to hear about others.
How fun you got to meet up with the Divas up north. I am so far behind, that I don't even know where you guys met.
Our temps are getting up there too. I believe tomorrow is supposed to be around 105 or higher. Miserable!

So maybe I need to check out the kitchen gadget goodies exchange? LOL... didn't know anything about that either.

Boy...... I have a bunch to catch up on.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #1283
raftislander
Mouseketeer

PNW Mousemeet tomorrow!

I have been super crazy so waaaaay behind in this thread, but am thinking that I cant be the only Diva going to the PNW Mousemeet tomorrow in Lynnwood, WA. Who else is going?

raftislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #1284
mommaU4

Here is the link for the "Foodie Fun" kitchen gadget/snack exchange. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3133452
Four sign-ups so far!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #1285
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by raftislander View Post
I have been super crazy so waaaaay behind in this thread, but am thinking that I cant be the only Diva going to the PNW Mousemeet tomorrow in Lynnwood, WA. Who else is going?
I know a couple of people were planning to go. Sarah posted she couldn't make it anymore. Did you try asking on the FB page?
Old 06-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #1286
mommaU4

Good morning, ladies!! Happy Saturday.

It's going to be a scorcher here today. A high of 117 with a real feel of 119. Fun times. NOT! I hope everyone had a great weekend and if you are having a heat wave, stay safe and cool, drink lots of water.

TTYL!
Old 06-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #1287
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

I'll be on the road to the parks tomorrow at 6:00 am. It's supposed to only be 93. I can handle that just fine after todays high of 110.
A Dole Whip and a couple rides on Splash will be in order!
Old 06-30-2013, 01:39 AM   #1288
tkitty
DIS Veteran

Braving the triple didgits here too. Spent the last 3 days in Scottsdale at the DoubleTree but never found time for the pool.
Was with my DD (Diva Jennifer- lckykittie) and DGD who was a state finalist in the National American Miss pageant there at the resort. She had a busy but fun time- didn't make it to Nationals this time. It was her first pageant and she was sad that they didn't call her name for the final line-up. (Of course she was the best! ) At 6 years old, it was tough for her to understand that she wasn't #1! It was a great experience for her.
Came home and sat at the computer and have done survey's for hours- saving up that trip money! Cashed another $50 Walgreens card for a Disney card tonite too!
Grew up near DL-Disneyland grad nite jr hi 1973-High school 1976 *1999 Land & Sea pkg - Contemporary/Disney*2005 First Disneyland trip with Grandson*2006 WDW Aug. POFQ*2008 Disneyland trip (first for granddaugter)*WDW-OKW & ASMu Oct 2009*Best DL trip ever May 2010* 1st MHP-DL! Oct 2011* OKW/POFQ Grandkids trip Oct 2012

tkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #1289
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitty View Post
Braving the triple didgits here too. Spent the last 3 days in Scottsdale at the DoubleTree but never found time for the pool.
Was with my DD (Diva Jennifer- lckykittie) and DGD who was a state finalist in the National American Miss pageant there at the resort. She had a busy but fun time- didn't make it to Nationals this time. It was her first pageant and she was sad that they didn't call her name for the final line-up. (Of course she was the best! ) At 6 years old, it was tough for her to understand that she wasn't #1! It was a great experience for her.
Came home and sat at the computer and have done survey's for hours- saving up that trip money! Cashed another $50 Walgreens card for a Disney card tonite too!
Which surveys do you do?
Old 06-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #1290
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Good Afternoon Ladies.

I know it's been a while since I've posted here. I hope you all are doing well. We got some news this week from the AF. I received short notice orders to Luke AFB in Arizona. We'll be moving at the beginning of October. As of right now I'm still in for the trip, once I get a feel for my work environment, training, etc I'll know for sure.

Take care, talk to you all soon.

Steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
21yankees is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: