Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #1246
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Hi ladies!

This is my drive by Hi!

I am so sorry that I have not been around to chat. I miss you guys!

Soon, my life will get back to fairly normal. LOL....

Beth, I'm thinking that you are taking a trip soon. Wish I had more time to see what you are up to. Have fun and be safe! Oh, and I know you will be much cooler.

Mel
Old 06-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #1247
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Fly by hi

Hey everyone! So, of course as soon as Beth leaves on her much-deserved vacation, I head to Vegas for the weekend, LOL. I probably wouldn't have been able to meet anyway, since it's my uncle's birthday so I'll be doing family stuff (INDOORS, since I'm used to the north coast's 60 degree weather.) Too bad, though, because I had a blast having lunch with LisaCat in Sacramento last month.
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #1248
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
Hi ladies. Impromptu Disneyland trip was a huge success and amazing !

To give a time frame run down :

Sat. 12 noon - Decide want to go to DL/ Plan idea to convince DH.

Sat. 1pm - DH on board/ book motel/ arrange to get off work at 4pm

Sat 4pm - Leave work - Immediately begin drive to Anaheim.

Sat 9:15pm - Arrive in Anaheim and immediately drive to park at Mickey and Friends. Fireworks greet us and DH stops me , tells me this was a great idea and kisses me as the fireworks go off in the background.

Sat 10:00pm - Arrive in DL and head for POTC and Haunted Mansion. Indy was down . End up seeing last part of Fantasmic as we prepare to go into HM.

Sat. Midnight - Eat a late dinner at Dennys on Harbor.

Sat 2am. - Due to snafoo with 3 different rooms - finally fall asleep.

Sun. - 8:30am - 11pm - Spend day at DL with friends/Trader Sam's- alcohol induced therapy session engaged. - Go back to DL tipsy/drunk and have a blast.

TLDR : This is why I am an AP holder. If I want to go to DLR I can and it's so worth it. The trip was amazing filled with new memories. Lunch at Blue Bayou was also very fun on Monday. Black pearls are my new favorite drink.
Is it December yet ?
I feel like I was THERE!!! I love trips like that. My last trip, my DD and I drove up, made rope drop, rode and saw as much as we wanted and left by 3. Since I live 98 miles away, I can go kind of spur of the moment, and since we go so often, do just what suits our whims for the moment. If the line is long...give it a skip and get it next time.

I cannot believe we are in mid June already. My DD (now 13 ) had her last day of school on Tuesday, so coming up with fun stuff to do with her and her friends.

Less than 2 weeks until I do a mini DL trip!! Yeah!!

Hope your trip with family is great, Beth!!

Hello to everyone else!!
grumpyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #1249
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hello, ladies!! How is everyone doing?

Things have been busy here. My in-laws are in town. They are here for Adam's graduation which was yesterday. It was such a good day. The ceremony went really well and I was just so proud! I woke up this morning still in a bit of shock that my baby boy has graduated. It's so bittersweet. I know he was excited and ready to be done with high school, but at the same time it's hard to leave behind favorite teachers, and friends. No wonder graduations are so emotional! lol

Anyway, we leave for our trip on Saturday morning and I have yet to pack a single thing. I am so unprepared. Hope I remember to bring pants at least....

Well, off to get stuff done. TTYL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
This is why I am an AP holder. If I want to go to DLR I can and it's so worth it. The trip was amazing filled with new memories. Lunch at Blue Bayou was also very fun on Monday. Black pearls are my new favorite drink.
Is it December yet ?
Sounds like a fun time! Those spontaneous trips, to DL or anywhere really, are sometimes the best and most memorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Hi ladies!

This is my drive by Hi!

I am so sorry that I have not been around to chat. I miss you guys!

Soon, my life will get back to fairly normal. LOL....

Beth, I'm thinking that you are taking a trip soon. Wish I had more time to see what you are up to. Have fun and be safe! Oh, and I know you will be much cooler.

Mel
Hello Miss Mel! Good to see you here. Hope things settle down for you soon.
And yes, we are taking a road trip from here up the Oregon coast and into Washington. It's either going to be awesome or awful traveling with all the kids. We'll see! haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post

Hey everyone! So, of course as soon as Beth leaves on her much-deserved vacation, I head to Vegas for the weekend, LOL. I probably wouldn't have been able to meet anyway, since it's my uncle's birthday so I'll be doing family stuff (INDOORS, since I'm used to the north coast's 60 degree weather.) Too bad, though, because I had a blast having lunch with LisaCat in Sacramento last month.
Aw, figures, huh? Well, have a great time with the family and Happy Birthday to your uncle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Less than 2 weeks until I do a mini DL trip!! Yeah!!

Hope your trip with family is great, Beth!!
Thanks, and have fun on your mini DL trip in two weeks.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #1250
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hello, ladies!! How is everyone doing?

Things have been busy here. My in-laws are in town. They are here for Adam's graduation which was yesterday. It was such a good day. The ceremony went really well and I was just so proud! I woke up this morning still in a bit of shock that my baby boy has graduated. It's so bittersweet. I know he was excited and ready to be done with high school, but at the same time it's hard to leave behind favorite teachers, and friends. No wonder graduations are so emotional! lol
Just wait until it's your LAST kids graduating... I still can't believe it!! And I'll be an empty nester starting in August

Have fun on your trip! And I hope the weather stays cool enough for you
Old 06-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #1251
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Hello Ladies

Happy Friday to all.

Congratulations to all the parents of graduates. I myself went to Chris' (my late DH) oldest grandchild's high school graduation this week. It's amazing how quickly children grow!

Beth - have a wonderful vacation with your family. I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #1252
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
Just wait until it's your LAST kids graduating... I still can't believe it!! And I'll be an empty nester starting in August

)
Empty nest didn't turn out to be too bad for me. That could be because my daughters are fairly close and I see them often. Actually I see Nicole M-F when she drops off Violet. You'll have more room to put stuff!
Old 06-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #1253
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Empty nest didn't turn out to be too bad for me. That could be because my daughters are fairly close and I see them often. Actually I see Nicole M-F when she drops off Violet. You'll have more room to put stuff!
Mine are not far either, luckily! And when they finally settle down and have kids, I will of course offer to babysit.

I've already started making use of the "more room"!!
Old 06-16-2013, 01:13 AM   #1254
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

hiya
Old 06-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #1255
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Drive by hi! My dad was up for a week and a half and I am just now starting to recover! Now it's time to get my dh ready to head to Texas for his powerlifting national competition, my son ready to head to his first week long overnight camp, and my daughter's 5th birthday planned and executed!

Have a great week everyone!

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #1256
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Hello all. We got back from our trip Wed night but I am still recovering LOL. We had a CRAZY busy weekend. Thurs I had to get right back in to work and Katy went off to swim practice and shelby had her last dance recital practice so no rest for the weary. We were back and had to hit it hard. Then Fri we picked up our race packets for our 5K and had other chores and errands to do and Katy went to Shane's as it was his weekend but Shelby stayed home with me. Then Saturday was mom and dad's 50th wedding anniversary, Katy had a swim meet and Shelby had 2 recitals that day. She did a GREAT job and it was so nice to see her dance. Katy hit us with a shocker in that she has decided NOT to do cheer next year eventhough we had already signed her up and paid a bunch of money which is NON refundable. After the shock set in I am now getting used to the idea and am actually glad as it was SO expensive and demanding and the people on her team were NOT very friendly or nice. Katy has decided to go back to full time swim which will be easier on both the pocket book AND our schedules. Then yesterday Shane the girls and myself all ran in a superhero themed 5k. It was my first and I was really proud of myself for completing it esp since I had just come off 2 weeks of not working out and eating bad on vacay. I got home and was SUPER sore but feel better today and am back on the diet. I had gained some of the weight back on vacay but was back down yesterday with only 1 lb over where I was before I left so hopefully once I get back in gear it will start coming off again.

They have adult swim at our rec pool across the street so I plan to walk or do aerobics in the a.m. and swim for an hour in the afternoon. Hoping that will help boost my loss a bit.

The other nice thing about Katy quitting cheer is now we don't have to take them in March which means mom and I are now available to do more on the diva trip!!!

So I am ready for the planning and can't wait to see what's next!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #1257
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

Good Morning Kelly! I'm glad you had a wonderful trip - I can't believe you are back already!! Time sure flies doesn't it.

I'm tired just reading all that you had to do when you returned - wow! Sounds like you pulled it all off without a hitch through

I have to get back to work - my boss is out for a couple weeks and my co-workers think that is the best time to call in sick and show up 2 hours late so...it should be a fun time

Have a great week!!
Old 06-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #1258
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Thanks Dawn. Yes it is crazy when you come back and have all the laundry and regular stuff when you get home but then to be bombarded with so much at once but such is our life LOL.

This week shouldn't be too bad although our office manager at work is out so hopefully won't be too stressful. You are right our trip went by WAY too quick. We had an amazing time but it is always nice to get home and get back to a routine for a bit. Our next trip will be in Oct. Mom has never been to a halloween party at DL and only once in Florida back in 05. Shane and the girls and I went twice. Once in 07 and once in 09. We haven't been back since it switched to DL so we are really looking forward to it. I also really love halloween time and am looking forward to it again!!

We scored a really great price on Southwest for plane tix and now I am just waiting for them to release the party tix. And once again now that Katy quit cheer it takes a lot of stress off as well. They always gave us so much grief if you missed even one day so it will be nice to once again be able to travel without that grabage.

I am also still really hoping to go to the tink 5k in Jan with the girls but have to see what my finances are in July when tix go on sale. Really hoping it works out though as Katy has wanted to do one for so long and now that I know I can do it I am really looking forward to doing it as well!!

That stinks that your co-workers are acting that way. ARe you in charge while the boss is away? Good luck!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #1259
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
hiya
Hey Jess! Glad to see you back on the boards!!

sierranevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #1260
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
Hey Jess! Glad to see you back on the boards!!
Thanks Trying to find a little more time. Mostly just posting on the half marathon threads, lol. Don't feel like I have much to add except complaining that I'm super tired, haha.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: