Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #961
dec2009mama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
I'm sure you'll find someone. We have a lot of new ladies who are also looking for roomies.

Super cute pic, by the way! I love that shirt. Chocolate brown and pink are two of my favorite combinations. In fact, one year, we did a shirt with that combo. I liked it a lot. Hmm... maybe we should do another chocolate brown and pink combo....

Happy Monday everyone! Have a great day.
Thanks!!! I would be ahead of the game if I actually had a shirt for one of the days already!

dec2009mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #962
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
FYI .... she's looking for jobs in the non profit world .... will have her Masters in Social Work .... if you hear of anything let us know.
http://www.careers.wa.gov/

That's where I found my job with DSHS, the state does all of its hiring through that site.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
CamoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 02:29 AM   #963
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

HELLO EVERYONE!

Hope you're doing well. Today was definitely a Monday but I hope the rest of the week goes smoothly.

Any fun plans for Mother's Day?
I know we'll make our usual rounds to see the grandmothers but I don't know what we'll be doing after that. I know if the weather is hot, my mom would want to go to the beach.

Good night!
Tomorrow is fitness lab day, gotta get my rest.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #964
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
http://www.careers.wa.gov/

That's where I found my job with DSHS, the state does all of its hiring through that site.
Thanks .... I forwarded the link to Jessica ....
Old 05-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #965
dec2009mama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec2009mama View Post
I have found flights round trip from Vancouver, BC to SNA for $400 ~~ which from Vancovuer is a good deal....we usually fly out of Bellingham or Seattle!

Is there anyone looking for a roomie? Arriving Tuesday and leaving on Sunday?

Before I go ahead and book airfare I'd like to have a room secured with someone or someones!

As this would be my FIRST DIVA trip, i don't know anyone soooo is there anyone out there willing to take a chance on a CDN DIS DIVA?
I'd be open to Wed-Sun instead of Tues-Sun as well -- just need to know before booking flights!

Old 05-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #966
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

book it book it book it! LOL I'd offer a spot in our room but a friend of mine may come.

Diva's.........how is everyone???? It's almost Mother's Day, what are your plans?

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #967
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

Hello!

Beth can you add me to the list on the first page? Dawn/PlutoRocks Thank you!

For those of you who asked I received the report back for my puppy dog Maxine. Unfortunately, there is bad news and worse news. The bad news is that it is stage 4 malignant melanoma in her jaw. The worse news is that there is nothing they can do. She could go through chemo but I would have to agree to take her jaw first to completely remove the tumor. This is not something I am willing to do since all the treatments may extend her life about 3 months. I can't put her through all of that and then chemo for an additional 3 months. It may not be the right decision for everyone but it is the right decision for her and for me. I want her with me but I don't want to make her miserable for the last few months of her life. Realistically (which as a Pisces is very hard for me to contend with) she is 13 1/2 years old and I don't know that I would have her for another year regardless.

I am heartbroken and still stunned by it all.

Thank you again for all of your wonderful messages of encouragement - they meant a lot to me and did raise my spirits last week.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #968
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoRocks View Post
Hello!

I am posting to request prayers/good thoughts...whatever you've got.

I took my puppy dog Maxine to the vet yesterday because I found a growth in her mouth along her jaw line. I really thought it was an infection from her bad teeth but I was wrong. From the preliminary evaluation it is an aggressively growing tumor which is most likely malignant. She had surgery yesterday to have the biopsy so we can figure out exactly what it is and what the treatment options are. The results will hopefully be back Friday.

She is a dog and I understand that but she is incredibly important to me and I will be devastated to lose her.

Thank you so much!
Did you fill us in on the results and I missed it? I totally get the importance of our pets. I devoted my career to them and am a total wreck often over my elderly Irish Wolfhound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
I keep forgetting to come over here. I keep up on the Diva thread in FB... Plus, you are about to see less of me until the end of July. ont. Ugh.

The firm in SF decided to hire from within. The consulting firm down in Pleasanton had both clients pass. We don't know if they hired on their own or didn't get the jobs they were bidding (a common occurrence). He has another interview in Sonoma on Monday for the consulting folks (new client) and a headhunter got him an interview with a firm in South SF. That will be a phone interview tomorrow. Money on that one is freakin AWESOME, but there is no way he wants to commute to South SF every day, so he'd either be looking at finding a room to rent down there or staying with family in Palo Alto a few nights a week. So, the search continues.

Add to it that the re-fi we've been working on since FEAKIN MARCH just hit a major snag last week. It's been a bazillion calls, faxes and emails, ending with a Hail Mary call to my financial advisor to sell some stuff in my IRA which we are hoping will clear my bank fast enough to make the payment we need to make this happen next Friday. Shoot me. There is not enough wine in my house. Truly.

So that's my fun. Oh, and Summer has arrived. It's been 90 degrees or so for most of the last week. Bleh. My tomato and herbs in the garden like it though. I wanna go to Disneyland, but I think the heat would kill me. LOL
But if you are not on as much, Lisa, I will miss you. Bummer about the jobs for your DH.

We are refinancing as well. So far, no snags, and I have bragging rights, my credit score is 10 points higher than my Dh's.

Quote:
I'm sure you'll find someone. We have a lot of new ladies who are also looking for roomies.

Super cute pic, by the way! I love that shirt. Chocolate brown and pink are two of my favorite combinations. In fact, one year, we did a shirt with that combo. I liked it a lot. Hmm... maybe we should do another chocolate brown and pink combo....
I bet you will find a roommate easily. How many are you looking for? A group of us laughingly called ourselves "Calcutta" since we crammed so many people in the rooms at the HoJo. I have heard that the Grand's rooms do not accomodate 5 as easily, in fact have advised us that cannot count on a rollaway.

Oh, and I loved the brown and pink shirt, and I hate pink. I wear that one and the black piratey one often. Maybe I should change my color scheme of orange all day every day to include one brown/pink day. I could rock that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
HELLO EVERYONE!

I know we'll make our usual rounds to see the grandmothers but I don't know what we'll be doing after that. I know if the weather is hot, my mom would want to go to the beach.

Good night!

I have always found Mother's day to be stupid. (okay, just not my thing) My mom, on the other hand, finds it sacred, so I plan accordingly. Gift and cards and calls and adoration a plenty.

Not a whole lot to discuss, my life is so exciting. I have been trying to find a weekday that my DD does not have a test so we can play hooky and go to DL. The little booger is so dedicated to school. A good thing, but c'mon Mamma wants to go to DL. Maybe this Thursday.

Trying to plan my summer...scheduling camps and work around a trip to Ohio to see my family and hopefully a camping trip to the Sequoias. Time and money both seem to be a bit short at my house.

Have a splendid Tuesday.
grumpyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #969
grizbuzz
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

Guess it's been awhile since I've posted on the DIS. Seems I've migrated to Facebook.

Please put me on the list for 2014. Roomies are Chris Vettel and Tracey Rodrigue. GCH.

I'm hoping to make Thursday to Sunday this year, but will have to confirm exact dates when I can find out what I can get off work.

Have a great day everybody!

Me DH DS (11) DS (9)
grizbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #970
dec2009mama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
book it book it book it! LOL I'd offer a spot in our room but a friend of mine may come.
Diva's.........how is everyone???? It's almost Mother's Day, what are your plans?
Thanks for the offer – hoping another DIVA will offer up a spot soon since I don’t want to miss out of the low price of air right now!
I will be in Disneyland for Mothers Day so I am pretty excited about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
I bet you will find a roommate easily. How many are you looking for? A group of us laughingly called ourselves "Calcutta" since we crammed so many people in the rooms at the HoJo. I have heard that the Grand's rooms do not accomodate 5 as easily, in fact have advised us that cannot count on a rollaway.
Oh, and I loved the brown and pink shirt, and I hate pink. I wear that one and the black piratey one often. Maybe I should change my color scheme of orange all day every day to include one brown/pink day. I could rock that as well.
I hope so! I haven’t booked a room since I can’t take the chance of not finding anyone to room with ~~ $1200 is pricy for 5 nights…lol!
I would be open to sharing with any number of DIVAs – 4 in a room is fine with me – anything to keep costs down!
Thanks – a couple of people like the t-shirt – I think brown and pink is a great color combo and I bet you could rock it well!

Old 05-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #971
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello!

For those of you who asked I received the report back for my puppy dog Maxine. Unfortunately, there is bad news and worse news. The bad news is that it is stage 4 malignant melanoma in her jaw. The worse news is that there is nothing they can do. She could go through chemo but I would have to agree to take her jaw first to completely remove the tumor. This is not something I am willing to do since all the treatments may extend her life about 3 months. I can't put her through all of that and then chemo for an additional 3 months. It may not be the right decision for everyone but it is the right decision for her and for me. I want her with me but I don't want to make her miserable for the last few months of her life. Realistically (which as a Pisces is very hard for me to contend with) she is 13 1/2 years old and I don't know that I would have her for another year regardless.

Thank you again for all of your wonderful messages of encouragement - they meant a lot to me and did raise my spirits last week.
I am so sorry, did not mean to be so insensitive. You were posting as I was typing up my multiquote...so missed your post about your dog. I have seen many dogs live ever so merrily with a hemimandibulectomy, but those are beasties with less nasty disease. Melanoma in the oral cavity is a bad disease. I can report that while average life expectancy is 3-5 months, I removed a hot grade melanoma from the mouth of an older dog who lived a year and a half after, and was euthanized for another reason. So while you could lose her in less than 3 months, sometimes you are lucky and beat the odds.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #972
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the offer – hoping another DIVA will offer up a spot soon since I don’t want to miss out of the low price of air right now!

I hope so! I haven’t booked a room since I can’t take the chance of not finding anyone to room with ~~ $1200 is pricy for 5 nights…lol!
I would be open to sharing with any number of DIVAs – 4 in a room is fine with me – anything to keep costs down!
Thanks – a couple of people like the t-shirt – I think brown and pink is a great color combo and I bet you could rock it well!
Thanks....dang skippy and the rocking the shirt....you haven't even met me yet, and you already know the truth!! Hurrah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizbuzz View Post
Hi everyone!

Guess it's been awhile since I've posted on the DIS. Seems I've migrated to Facebook.

Please put me on the list for 2014. Roomies are Chris Vettel and Tracey Rodrigue. GCH.

I'm hoping to make Thursday to Sunday this year, but will have to confirm exact dates when I can find out what I can get off work.

Have a great day everybody!
I do hope you can get off work and can come Thursday. Too many years you come zipping in after work on Friday...and I can see how frazzled that makes things. Come early, stay late, and enjoy.

I will be coming on Thursday. I work Wednedays and the kid has a half day on Wednesdays, so works out better for me. I try not to be jealous of Wednesday arrivals.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #973
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hello, ladies!! Happy Tuesday!
I am LOVING our weather lately. Yesterday and today were both so nice. In the 70's. Ahhhh, just perfect for here. I know soon enough we'll be back in the 90's and beyond so this is indeed something to enjoy while it lasts.

Have a great day, everyone!

Quote:
Hi, Cristabel! The beach sounds like a nice way to spend Mother's Day.
No plans here. Ruben works! He felt bad working, but I said why? I'm not your mom, lol, and we need the overtime. So I'll be home with the kids. I'm sure we'll have a nice, chill, day. Which is fine with me.

Quote:

For those of you who asked I received the report back for my puppy dog Maxine. Unfortunately, there is bad news and worse news.

Oh, Dawn. I am so very sorry to hear that. I wish there was something I could say that would make you feel better, but of course there is nothing. It sounds like you've been a very kind and loving momma to her, and will continue to love her and care for her right up until it is time to say goodbye. You've both been blessed to have had each other for so long and I'm sure you'll cherish her always. (((hugs))) to you.

Quote:

I have always found Mother's day to be stupid. (okay, just not my thing) My mom, on the other hand, finds it sacred, so I plan accordingly. Gift and cards and calls and adoration a plenty.

Trying to plan my summer...scheduling camps and work around a trip to Ohio to see my family and hopefully a camping trip to the Sequoias. Time and money both seem to be a bit short at my house.

Have a splendid Tuesday.
Hey, Amy! I love pink, as you know, lol, but I also loved the brown and pink combo! I think those are two classic colors that always go well together. I think I need to find myself a shirt with those colors!

My Mom probably won't even remember it's Mother's Day. She's just so not into those sort of holidays. It's not a big deal for me either. The kids will make me cards, and be extra nice. Might make me breakfast, give extra hugs. But, nothing too extravagant. Which is fine. We have to save our pennies for our trip next month. I sent my mom a card which is all she expects or wants.

I hope your trips to Ohio and the Sequoias work out! They both sound nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizbuzz View Post
Hi everyone!

Hi, Jen! Always good to see you here. I didn't know you three were rooming together. That's great! I'll make that change now.

I have a feeling the roomie list will need updating as time passes, so to all of you, if you see something on the front page that needs updating let me know. I try to keep it current but sometimes changes happen that I'm unaware of. Thanks, ladies!!

Quote:
If airfare is good for you right now, I'd book it. I've never seen anyone who was in need of a roommate end up without one. I am sure that part will work itself out at some point, but airfare once it's missed, can sometimes not go that low again!

Lucky girl going to DL for Mother's Day. Sounds nice. Crowded, but nice.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #974
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Hello!

I am so sorry you received such devastating news.

Quote:
Hi, Cristabel! The beach sounds like a nice way to spend Mother's Day.
No plans here. Ruben works! He felt bad working, but I said why? I'm not your mom, lol, and we need the overtime. So I'll be home with the kids. I'm sure we'll have a nice, chill, day. Which is fine with me.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #975
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am so sorry, did not mean to be so insensitive. You were posting as I was typing up my multiquote...so missed your post about your dog. I have seen many dogs live ever so merrily with a hemimandibulectomy, but those are beasties with less nasty disease. Melanoma in the oral cavity is a bad disease. I can report that while average life expectancy is 3-5 months, I removed a hot grade melanoma from the mouth of an older dog who lived a year and a half after, and was euthanized for another reason. So while you could lose her in less than 3 months, sometimes you are lucky and beat the odds.
No problem at all! I figured that's what happened. Thank you for caring - I figure there are no guarantees anyway so we will see how she does. She is not acting sick at all - she keeps looking at me like I'm crazy when I hug her and start crying so...I pray that she continues to have a happy life until God chooses to take her.

You have an Irish Wolfhound!! They are beautiful! I love that commercial with the woman who comes back home from the Army and her Irish Wolfhound tackles her in the driveway - makes me smile and cry every time I see it

Quote:
Hello, ladies!! Happy Tuesday!
I am LOVING our weather lately. Yesterday and today were both so nice. In the 70's. Ahhhh, just perfect for here. I know soon enough we'll be back in the 90's and beyond so this is indeed something to enjoy while it lasts.

Oh, Dawn. I am so very sorry to hear that. I wish there was something I could say that would make you feel better, but of course there is nothing. It sounds like you've been a very kind and loving momma to her, and will continue to love her and care for her right up until it is time to say goodbye. You've both been blessed to have had each other for so long and I'm sure you'll cherish her always. (((hugs))) to you.
Agreed on the weather!! It has been beautiful the last couple of days - I have to soak it up because the 100s/110s are not that far off

Thank you for the kind words - she is my girl and I am happy to have her as long as God sees fit.

Quote:
I am so sorry you received such devastating news.
Thank you Cristabel - I am heartbroken but savoring every moment that I have with her.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: