Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #871
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Oooooh, spooky in here.... like a ghost town. WTH? I haven't posted here in about 5 days and I come back to find us on the same page?? Come on ladies, did we all go get a life or something?

Hopefully you are all doing well. I know it's been super busy here. Lots going on. My son's senior prom is this weekend. I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. It's exciting and sad all at the same time.

You can tell it's almost summer here. Today we are expecting a high of 90! Let the complaining about the heat commence!

Speaking of summer, those of you signed up for the Summer Fun exchange, please remember that Wednesday is the mail by date. Let's finish up that shopping, and plan a trip to the post office to get those packages mailed! Thanks!

Rose - bummer about turning down the Club 33 invite! Ugh, that must've been hard. Fingers crossed another offer turns up somewhere down the line... hey, you never know, right?? lol

And everyone else out there reading along, stop in and say hi! Let's breathe some life back into this place.
Awwww..Senior Prom..I'm glad I never went.. In all seriousness I'm sure its very exciting for you and him too ! Time is seriously flying by way too quickly..I'm watching friends kids grow up and going..wait..when did THIS happen ? It's crazy!

I am NOT a happy camper about this heat wave thing..not one bit..I hate the heat and our 2nd floor apartment has no central air..so we may need to invest in a small portable ac unit if it gets bad this year. On the plus side I am usually at work during the worst of the day from 9am-6pm..so we'll see if fans are enough.

I was super stoked yet super sad about the Club 33 invite. Honestly even if I could have afforded it..I really want to experience it the first time with my DH as cheesy as that sounds. And it's one of those if it happens awesome - if not we still will be perfectly happy with our lives.

Regardless it was never nice to be offered on a week where I've felt kind of just blah and lonely.

I did bake a cake for my co workers today - White cake layered with strawberries w/whipped cream frosting and topped with more strawberries..maybe I'm being over sensitive but whenever I bring in things..people rarely touch them..yet if anyone else does it's all NOM NOM..meh..lol.

I've kind of been in a rut lately..I have a very hard time making friends..and the ones I tend to make never stick around so I get gun shy I suppose and now I come here and rant about it..

Annnyway..onto better things ! We won a Reno trip at our Crabfeed in February so are planning that for our anniversary in August 19-21st at the Peppermill Resort and we'll do a day trip to Tahoe since thats where we were married. I have a special something planned for the DH and since he reads the boards I can't go into it yet !

We also decided we are splurging on our December trip and will be booking the DL Hotel so I have been reading up on all that info too for our 3 night stay.

I also decided on Port Orleans Riverside for our 10 night stay in WDW next March/April now just waiting to book !

I'm totally but thats my boring life
Astylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #872
karylrocks
I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....

I have been kind of following along but haven't posted here since forever so I will give an update.

About a month ago my daughter Lisa (some of you know her) and her husband and 3-year-old son moved in with us so it has been busy! We are all working now so I take my grandson to daycare Mon-Thurs and his dad picks him up. Working out great so far and I love seeing them every day.

I started a new job today as business office manager for a retirement community with over 250 apartments; three floors of assisted living and the rest are independent. The staff are great and I think I am going to love it there.

My husband and I are putting together a marriage enrichment cruise from Seattle to Alaska in May 2014. It is great for us to have something to work on together that uses both of our skills, mine as a travel agent and his as a psychologist. We are having fun planning the program and the marketing.

Lisa and I are going to a scrapbooking retreat a week from Friday and really looking forward to getting away for a couple of days. Then the next week Mike and I are going to Vegas and Bryce Canyon for our 25th anniversary. We don't have anything planned yet for Vegas so I think we will just wing it when we get there.

Have a great week everyone!

Disneyland: 1964, 1977, 1979, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Walt Disney World: 1994, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013
DCL: Wonder-10 Night Southern Caribbean 2006, Mexican Riviera 2011; Magic-Inaugural Galveston 2012
Aulani: May 2012
karylrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #873
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I've been Swagbucking!!!

Jessica and I are doing a whirlwind trip to Seattle this weekend .... we thought about trying for a meet with some Divas but her friend has our time really full. Friday morning we're doing a Pikes Point tour and food .... not sure what all that is about. Friday afternoon it's the Duck Tour????? And who knows what they have planned for Sat & Sun?????

Other than that not too much going on here.

Hope everyone is busy with lots of fun stuff!!!
Pike Place is an awesome outdoor market, it's just amazing. The "Very" French Bakery smells like heaven when you walk by, and Cafe Campagne is a lovely little place for wine and appetizers. Make sure they show you the gum wall, it's really gross, but funny.

When you take the Duck Tour you'll pass right by my office, if you go by between 3 and 3:15ish I'll be out on my afternoon break. I've been wanting to take a Duck Tour forever, but at Christmastime when it's all on land, they do a Christmas lights tour.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
CamoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:44 AM   #874
funnygarcia
Anything above 60 degrees is very nice to us
Yep.. I will be nuts by the time June rolls around
What a sweet idea!! HMMMMM

It's rare for me to post on the Dis, facebook is just too easy in comparison. But since I am a Dis Diva, I better actually do some posts on the Dis.

Anxiously waiting for "Sprinter" to be done. What is Sprinter you ask? It's winter and spring at the same time. Easier to type out then "the year of the never ending snow and cold with a few days of warm".

And this week we will have more than one season, winter for today (snowing.. again), Wednesday spring (rain and maybe some snow) , Saturday 70's and sunny -- oh look it's Summer!

Before the rain that became snow today, we enjoyed the sunshine (for about 20 minutes) before the storm clouds rolled in and it got coooooold. Took the bus and then walked a couple blocks to the postal station to mail off the gift exchange box (wind at our back). Then walked (wind in our face) back over to the shopping area to do a bunch of errands. Shivered in the cold, wind and now gloomy dark (at 1:30 pm) for the bus that was 10 minutes late. AWESOME!

Busy week for us with clinic appointment for hubby, art store and consignment store visit planned (I have a Groupon about to expire for consignment store.. woohoo cheap clothes!), watch my nephews for a little while and a day to wait around for city utilities to do some work in the other building (part of our caretaker duties). And then soak up some sunshine and warm breezes starting on the weekend.. yayyayayayayay!!

Old 04-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #875
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow!!! Sounds like lots of fun but this old lady got tired just thinking about doing all that!!!!
It was a blast...and yesterday when we were in town my baby girl (almost 5) asked to get her ears pierced! I have been waiting for this...she kept telling me she was going to wait until she was 10. So we went and got her ears pierced! She didn't cry at all! I'm so proud of her! And now she keeps saying how we are earing twins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
I hope eveveryone had a great weekend ! I had to work Saturday but wasn't too bad..my manager is out of the office this week so hoping things go smoothly for everyone.

On a total random note of you never know what can happen :

I got a text today asking what I am doing one June morning..I said I had no idea..turns out it was for a Club 33 invite..that I very regrettably had to decline..

Apparently a friend of mine in SoCal got a hookup and one of our friends can't make it so I was invited..unfortunately being 6 hours away still makes it hard for a spur of the moment thing when we are saving for our Premier Passes for December/next year.

I never imagined ever getting an invite at all..let alone having to decline.. Oh well there's always next time..right..right..?? LOL.

First world problems at their best as I call it..I hope everyone has a good week
Sad Day!

Quote:
Awwww..Senior Prom..I'm glad I never went.. In all seriousness I'm sure its very exciting for you and him too ! Time is seriously flying by way too quickly..I'm watching friends kids grow up and going..wait..when did THIS happen ? It's crazy!

I am NOT a happy camper about this heat wave thing..not one bit..I hate the heat and our 2nd floor apartment has no central air..so we may need to invest in a small portable ac unit if it gets bad this year. On the plus side I am usually at work during the worst of the day from 9am-6pm..so we'll see if fans are enough.

I was super stoked yet super sad about the Club 33 invite. Honestly even if I could have afforded it..I really want to experience it the first time with my DH as cheesy as that sounds. And it's one of those if it happens awesome - if not we still will be perfectly happy with our lives.

Regardless it was never nice to be offered on a week where I've felt kind of just blah and lonely.

I did bake a cake for my co workers today - White cake layered with strawberries w/whipped cream frosting and topped with more strawberries..maybe I'm being over sensitive but whenever I bring in things..people rarely touch them..yet if anyone else does it's all NOM NOM..meh..lol.

I've kind of been in a rut lately..I have a very hard time making friends..and the ones I tend to make never stick around so I get gun shy I suppose and now I come here and rant about it..

Annnyway..onto better things ! We won a Reno trip at our Crabfeed in February so are planning that for our anniversary in August 19-21st at the Peppermill Resort and we'll do a day trip to Tahoe since thats where we were married. I have a special something planned for the DH and since he reads the boards I can't go into it yet !

We also decided we are splurging on our December trip and will be booking the DL Hotel so I have been reading up on all that info too for our 3 night stay.

I also decided on Port Orleans Riverside for our 10 night stay in WDW next March/April now just waiting to book !

I'm totally but thats my boring life
I really wish we were having a heat wave...it would be nice if it would get above 60 but I suppose I just have to be happy it stopped raining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karylrocks View Post
I have been kind of following along but haven't posted here since forever so I will give an update.

About a month ago my daughter Lisa (some of you know her) and her husband and 3-year-old son moved in with us so it has been busy! We are all working now so I take my grandson to daycare Mon-Thurs and his dad picks him up. Working out great so far and I love seeing them every day.

I started a new job today as business office manager for a retirement community with over 250 apartments; three floors of assisted living and the rest are independent. The staff are great and I think I am going to love it there.

My husband and I are putting together a marriage enrichment cruise from Seattle to Alaska in May 2014. It is great for us to have something to work on together that uses both of our skills, mine as a travel agent and his as a psychologist. We are having fun planning the program and the marketing.

Lisa and I are going to a scrapbooking retreat a week from Friday and really looking forward to getting away for a couple of days. Then the next week Mike and I are going to Vegas and Bryce Canyon for our 25th anniversary. We don't have anything planned yet for Vegas so I think we will just wing it when we get there.

Have a great week everyone!
Exciting stuff! Tell your daughter hi for me! We got to hang out a bit 2 years ago (I think!) and I really enjoyed talking with her!

As for me, busy day but good overall...recovering from the family fun weekend! It was one of the best ever though so that is good!

Have a great day all!

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #876
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
I've been Swagbucking!!!

Jessica and I are doing a whirlwind trip to Seattle this weekend .... we thought about trying for a meet with some Divas but her friend has our time really full. Friday morning we're doing a Pikes Point tour and food .... not sure what all that is about. Friday afternoon it's the Duck Tour????? And who knows what they have planned for Sat & Sun?????

Other than that not too much going on here.

Hope everyone is busy with lots of fun stuff!!!
I've been swagbucking, too! It's addicting!!

Your time in Seattle sounds fun! When Ruben and I went in December we took a food tour of Pike Place market. We LOVED it. It was through the Savor Seattle company. Nick was our tour guide and he was awesome. SO glad we did it. And, bonus, we had a Groupon so it was even cheaper for us!

We've also done the Duck tour. It's one of those land and sea tours. We did one in San Diego and the kids loved it. The one we did in WA was at night during Christmas and was more a tour of the lights.

Quote:

How fun!! My husband and I honeymooned in Tahoe. It will have been 20 years ago this June. Sounds like your going to have a great time!
Oh, and your cake sounded delish! I totally would've had some if you brought that in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karylrocks View Post
Hey, thanks for checking in! You have been busy! That cruise you're working on sounds interesting.
Have a great time at the scrap book retreat with Lisa. And, of course on your Vegas anniversary trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
When you take the Duck Tour you'll pass right by my office, if you go by between 3 and 3:15ish I'll be out on my afternoon break. I've been wanting to take a Duck Tour forever, but at Christmastime when it's all on land, they do a Christmas lights tour.
That's the one we did!! Kandace and her DH met us there and we all rode it together. Lots of silly fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnygarcia View Post

Busy week for us with clinic appointment for hubby, art store and consignment store visit planned (I have a Groupon about to expire for consignment store.. woohoo cheap clothes!), watch my nephews for a little while and a day to wait around for city utilities to do some work in the other building (part of our caretaker duties). And then soak up some sunshine and warm breezes starting on the weekend.. yayyayayayayay!!

Hey Bernice! Sprinter go away!! Sounds like you are overdue for some nice weather. Enjoy the sun once it shows up. And, hope you score some deals on your shopping trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
It was a blast...and yesterday when we were in town my baby girl (almost 5) asked to get her ears pierced! I have been waiting for this...she kept telling me she was going to wait until she was 10. So we went and got her ears pierced! She didn't cry at all! I'm so proud of her! And now she keeps saying how we are earing twins!

Aww, how cute.
Lindsey and Hannah had their ears pierced when we were in Michigan. They must've been about 5 or 6 years old, but then one day Lindsey started getting keloids behind her ears! I was totally freaked out and removed her earrings right away. This was like at least a year after she'd had them done, so it was really strange. Anyway, the keloid went away, but ever since then, I haven't been willing to try it again. I took Hannah's out too at the same time, even though she didn't have any issues, just in case. So, now neither of them have piercings. They had all these really cute earrings, too. Sad.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #877
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnygarcia View Post

It's rare for me to post on the Dis, facebook is just too easy in comparison. But since I am a Dis Diva, I better actually do some posts on the Dis.
I keep forgetting to ask..where can I find this legendary FB group ?
Old 04-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #878
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
I keep forgetting to ask..where can I find this legendary FB group ?
Are you friends with any of us on FB? We can invite you to the group.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #879
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

No I'm not.. And I am set to private on FB so it's hard to search me out. If it's easier to in box me info here I will follow up
Old 04-24-2013, 01:19 AM   #880
stacielee

Quote:
No I'm not.. And I am set to private on FB so it's hard to search me out. If it's easier to in box me info here I will follow up
You can friend me, Stacie Churches Baumgartner, and I'll add you.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #881
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

Done! I'm Rose Harper
Old 04-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #882
stacielee

I added you, Rose.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #883
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good morning, ladies!! Happy hump day!
Just another reminder, today is the mail by date for those of you playing along in the Summer Fun exchange. Let's get those boxes moving on out!

I'm off to the dentist again today. Just a cleaning this time. The real "fun" begins in July.... $$$$... whew. Can't wait for that. Not!! lol

Have a great day ladies!
Old 04-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #884
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Good morning, ladies!! Happy hump day!
Just another reminder, today is the mail by date for those of you playing along in the Summer Fun exchange. Let's get those boxes moving on out!

I'm off to the dentist again today. Just a cleaning this time. The real "fun" begins in July.... $$$$... whew. Can't wait for that. Not!! lol

Have a great day ladies!
I HATE GOING TO THE DENTIST!!! That is all ....
Old 04-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #885
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Well I'm checking in for my weekly visit.

The same old thing around here.

Have a trip planned for DL in a couple of weeks. We are getting the special 2 night and free character meal deal at the DL hotel. My girls can hardly wait! Woo hoo! We are also celebrating my grand daughter's 3rd birthday for our character meal at Goofy's Kitchen. Thought about doing the princess meal at Ariel's, but didn't want to waste precious park time eating. LOL! Especially since the parks close early.

Hope everyone is well, healthy and happy.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: