Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #856
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Just saying hey howdy hey!! This week is dragging..... Hope youare all having a good one!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #857
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
I will have to check out my blockout dates too, but it will be during the week. Kid leaves Sunday and comes back on Saturday. Ugh...hated typing that out.

Woo hoo Lisa. Hope the interview went well. And wowsie, the Stampin Up convention should be a blast for you. How many years have you gone?
The interview went well. They are a consulting firm and, if hired, he would be working for either a client in Concord or here in Sacramento. They expect a decision in about 2 weeks.

This will be my 8th Convention with Stanmpin' Up. I've been every year since I joined. Next year will be the first one I miss (probably) as we are hoping to do a cruise next summer.

Keep me in the loop for the pub crawl research trip. What are the dates again, so I can "pencil" it in?

It's windy here again today. My allergies are SO not happy about it. LOL

LisaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #858
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Wow, people must be busy. I came back and the thread didn't explode into another 15 pages.

Going to DLR this weekend. I'm even paying the blockout price on Saturday It's the last time I will be going with my sister and BIL as they are moving next week to Kentucky as that is where my BIL is stationed with the army. I still can't wrap my head around that. It will be so weird to not see my sister every day (currently living with us) or even a few times a week (when they had an apt).

I plan on visiting them sometime this fall; might even be a roadtrip.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:45 AM   #859
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

Sarah, I know what you mean about PTA stuff. It can change from year to year too. Hopefully in the future, the board will change out, and things will get better.
Let's hope!

I hope everyone is having a great week! My week has been insanely busy but we are having family fun weekend this weekend so that is something to look forward to! It will include a pancake breakfast at the local senior center, painting pottery, going to a local cupcake shop that won on cupcake wars, a friends kids birthday party, hot dog kabobs, kite flying, puppet making, a new restaurant, and swimming!

Laters,

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #860
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
The interview went well. They are a consulting firm and, if hired, he would be working for either a client in Concord or here in Sacramento. They expect a decision in about 2 weeks.
Lisa - I hope the job works out and he enjoys it. Job searching is the worst!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Let's hope!

I hope everyone is having a great week! My week has been insanely busy but we are having family fun weekend this weekend so that is something to look forward to! It will include a pancake breakfast at the local senior center, painting pottery, going to a local cupcake shop that won on cupcake wars, a friends kids birthday party, hot dog kabobs, kite flying, puppet making, a new restaurant, and swimming!

Laters,
Wow! That sounds like so much fun! Enjoy your time with the family!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #861
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoRocks View Post
Lisa - I hope the job works out and he enjoys it. Job searching is the worst!
Thanks! And yes, it truly sucks. LOL He had a phone "interview" today with someone who found his resume on LinkdIn. It would be a PERFECT fit. It's right in his specialty niche. So we now have 3 companies all looking to hire around the 1st of May. Anyone want to take bets he'll get more than one offer and have to choose? LOL

LisaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #862
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! And yes, it truly sucks. LOL He had a phone "interview" today with someone who found his resume on LinkdIn. It would be a PERFECT fit. It's right in his specialty niche. So we now have 3 companies all looking to hire around the 1st of May. Anyone want to take bets he'll get more than one offer and have to choose? LOL
Sounds like a bidding war to me!!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #863
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

I agree with Linda - sounds like a bidding war!!

That would be awesome - then he could choose which one he would enjoy the most! I love it when good people get treated the way they deserve in the hiring process.

Best of Luck!!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #864
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

I'm so glad it's Friday...I have things to do! LOL Going out tonight, working at the bar. Tonight is a regular's birthday party so she's asked people to dress up in black and white, I'm wearing a black dress and I'm going to have my hair "did" by my stylist. She makes me feel beautiful. lol I'll probably do some work tomorrow and Sunday, I like working from home, it's very convenient. lol
I'm going to finish my exchange shopping this weekend so I can get it boxed up and ready to go!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #865
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Wow, people must be busy. I came back and the thread didn't explode into another 15 pages.

Going to DLR this weekend. I'm even paying the blockout price on Saturday It's the last time I will be going with my sister and BIL as they are moving next week to Kentucky as that is where my BIL is stationed with the army. I still can't wrap my head around that. It will be so weird to not see my sister every day (currently living with us) or even a few times a week (when they had an apt).

I plan on visiting them sometime this fall; might even be a roadtrip.
Yeah - it is weird to come to the thread and actually be able to catch up! Think most of the posting is on FB now. Hope you have fun at DL!

Quote:
Lisa - here's hoping that he does get multiple offers and can choose! Always nice to be in the driver's seat!

Home from visiting my DH's parents in Delaware. They moved into an Active Living Community and sold their house of 52 years! Unfortunately they were pack rats and it was a tremendous undertaking to clean it out. My MIL has been ready to move for years and really does not miss the house but my FIL.... it was really hard on him. It was great that all three kids and spouses were able to be there and we did a final toast to the house! But man... really tough! Complicated by the fact the FIL (who is 88) has always been extraordinarily healthy - still riding multi day bike rides when he was in his early 80's. But now has mild dementia - is taking meds to help slow it down but can really see the change in the last year. Breaks my heart

We had our school district's annual scholarship luncheon yesterday (I am on the board for the Foundation that raises the money and chooses the recipients). It was so wonderful to see the 60+ seniors that are receiving the various scholarships for college. We have an amazing student population. Our senior class as a whole did over 18,000 community service ours (we have about 950 seniors)!! The scholarship I awarded was for GPA and community involvement and I was so lucky to be able to give it to one of my favorite seniors! She was really surprised and teared up (me too!). They have so much ahead of them!

Hope everyone has a great weekend - just trying to stay cool here as the temp is rising!

sierranevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #866
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Just a quick hi as the kids take some toes up time before the second half of day one of our family fun weekend begins. So far we have gone to a Senior Pancake feed, flown kites, painted pottery, and had hot dog kabobs...it's been a good day so far! I hope you are all enjoying the day as well!

Later,

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #867
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Just a quick hi as the kids take some toes up time before the second half of day one of our family fun weekend begins. So far we have gone to a Senior Pancake feed, flown kites, painted pottery, and had hot dog kabobs...it's been a good day so far! I hope you are all enjoying the day as well!

Later,
Wow!!! Sounds like lots of fun but this old lady got tired just thinking about doing all that!!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #868
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

I hope eveveryone had a great weekend ! I had to work Saturday but wasn't too bad..my manager is out of the office this week so hoping things go smoothly for everyone.

On a total random note of you never know what can happen :

I got a text today asking what I am doing one June morning..I said I had no idea..turns out it was for a Club 33 invite..that I very regrettably had to decline..

Apparently a friend of mine in SoCal got a hookup and one of our friends can't make it so I was invited..unfortunately being 6 hours away still makes it hard for a spur of the moment thing when we are saving for our Premier Passes for December/next year.

I never imagined ever getting an invite at all..let alone having to decline.. Oh well there's always next time..right..right..?? LOL.

First world problems at their best as I call it..I hope everyone has a good week
Astylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #869
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Oooooh, spooky in here.... like a ghost town. WTH? I haven't posted here in about 5 days and I come back to find us on the same page?? Come on ladies, did we all go get a life or something?

Hopefully you are all doing well. I know it's been super busy here. Lots going on. My son's senior prom is this weekend. I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. It's exciting and sad all at the same time.

You can tell it's almost summer here. Today we are expecting a high of 90! Let the complaining about the heat commence!

Speaking of summer, those of you signed up for the Summer Fun exchange, please remember that Wednesday is the mail by date. Let's finish up that shopping, and plan a trip to the post office to get those packages mailed! Thanks!

Cristabel - hope you enjoyed your weekend at Disney!

Sarah - you're family fun weekends sounds great! We used to do those when the kids were younger. Harder to plan when they get to be teens. They want to hang with their friends more than their family.

Lisa - any news on the job front for your husband? Hopefully he's getting offers that he loves and the hardest part will be choosing which wonderful job to take!

Bridget - sorry about your FIL and him being so sad about leaving his house. That's a long time to have lived there. I can see how that would be really rough.

Rose - bummer about turning down the Club 33 invite! Ugh, that must've been hard. Fingers crossed another offer turns up somewhere down the line... hey, you never know, right?? lol

Linda - how are you? How's Jessica? Hope you are both doing well.

Mel - how's the kitchen coming along? Aren't they done yet??

And everyone else out there reading along, stop in and say hi! Let's breathe some life back into this place.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #870
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

I've been Swagbucking!!!

Jessica and I are doing a whirlwind trip to Seattle this weekend .... we thought about trying for a meet with some Divas but her friend has our time really full. Friday morning we're doing a Pikes Point tour and food .... not sure what all that is about. Friday afternoon it's the Duck Tour????? And who knows what they have planned for Sat & Sun?????

Other than that not too much going on here.

Hope everyone is busy with lots of fun stuff!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: