Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #811
funnygarcia
Anything above 60 degrees is very nice to us
Yep.. I will be nuts by the time June rolls around
What a sweet idea!! HMMMMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post

I will not be looking for a room mate as I am still doing home dialysis at this point. ( Transplant office let me know I am at top of list-- after 6 years I should be LOL-- just need to have a good match). No way I would ever ask any one to listen to the machine or me snoring all night long. I need to know who to talk with for booking room.

Patty

Hi!
There is another diva who does PD, might be the perfect room mate match up!

My husband does home hemo short daily using the NxStage machine. He tried the PD and it didn't work well for him, did in center for many years and had a transplant (I was the donor as a zero HLA match, initial rejection episode 24 hours after surgery that was treated aggressively). Transplant worked well for three years until chronic rejection ultimately caused failure. For my hubby, the meds were really rough that first year and now with NxStage he gets great clearance. Eventually we will have the transplant talk again, but he's not ready and there are no possible donors among our family at this time.
I would NEVER want him to go back to 3x a week death walking zombie in center treatment. No infections, no hospitalizations, no messed up sticks (except for his own oops starting a new buttonhole) and no waiting on someone else's schedule. He has zero to 1 kilo to pull off everyday, no blood pressure meds, no EPO, iron infusion every other month and some awesome labs (except for that pesky phosphorus) -- it's soooo awesome!!

I hope you get "the call" soon!!

Gentle reminders to everyone, sign that donor statement on your license and let your family know!

And speaking as a living donor, I would do it again if I could. Most hospitals use laparoscopy procedure - couple of punctures and a very small incision below the belly button. Blue ribbon full match is awesome, but they will do zero match with the same blood type. I chose to take a month off, worked preschool at the time. But desk jobs, people go back after two weeks and most employers will cover your leave or give you short term disability (my employer gave me a week paid as a donor). Some states (MN does) give a tax break for donors to help cover costs (lost wages, transportation, child care). And your medical costs for the donation (work up, surgery, aftercare) are covered by the recipients insurance.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #812
MrsPinup
3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups

I am so tired! My mom's car broke down and we were supposed to go to the Alameda Antique Faire today to try and find a dresser for the baby's room. God had other plans. We went to stay the night at her house so I could drive (she lives north of me by 25 minutes.) Last night I woke to horrible Braxton Hicks contractions that had me up and getting sick for 90 minutes and we were supposed to leave at 5 am. I pulled through and we left on time. 15 minutes into the drive my Chevy decided to stop charging the battery, power steering went out, and it overheated. The DH had to come rescue us at 5:30 am! Turns out the serpentine belt popped off and wrapped around the engine fan, all of the water and coolant then ran out, and the water pump died. Ugh! We all drove back up to my mom's to call a tow truck and figure things out. Over $100 to get it towed home so we are trying to get a friend to bring it down - we need the money for the new baby. Sheesh- what a day! At least we are at home now thanks to my Jeep behaving.

I should probably start dinner, but honestly, I would rather go lay down with a book
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #813
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

That sounds awful...I'm glad you had someone to call to come get you and you are all safe.

My weekend was quiet and boring...which is good because I have another busy week at work and I have to work next Saturday too so...
Old 04-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #814
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

Bless your husbands heart-- bless your heart to. Renal failure is a family illness. I agree, the every other day treatment is the pits, but I sure had lots more time then when I do PD. ( After 5 years had to have a new cath placed on other side. That went good-- but then the Dr. said he pushed to hard on the line that would be for a neck access for Hemo -- yep right thru a major vein or artery. After 7 pints of blood --3 in surgery and 4 36 hours later and a clot the size of texas in my chest. I am just fine.) I am sure she is like me and prefers to have her own room. I am glad I can swing paying for my own room exspecially as looks like you are all staying on property.

Wow who would have thought this would happen . Who ever it is -- Bless your heart and keep up the good work. Doing PD can be work at times --but oh the benefits -- we can travel

Yep that dang ole- phos-- I am able to keep mine within limits -- I have issues eating enough protein. I can eat fish and shell fish but have issues with all other even tofu. There is a name for this but I forget what it is-- starts with a P --- I just know that is how I prefer to eat.

I pray your husband continues to thrive doing dialysis that way. For now it is not offered in our area -- may never be with the new changes happening in 2014.

Anyhow I look forward to finally getting to speak to everyone that attends next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by

funnygarcia;48036340
Hi!
There is another diva who does PD, might be the perfect room mate match up!

My husband does home hemo short daily using the NxStage machine. He tried the PD and it didn't work well for him, did in center for many years and had a transplant (I was the donor as a zero HLA match, initial rejection episode 24 hours after surgery that was treated aggressively). Transplant worked well for three years until chronic rejection ultimately caused failure. For my hubby, the meds were really rough that first year and now with NxStage he gets great clearance. Eventually we will have the transplant talk again, but he's not ready and there are no possible donors among our family at this time.
I would NEVER want him to go back to 3x a week death walking zombie in center treatment. No infections, no hospitalizations, no messed up sticks (except for his own oops starting a new buttonhole) and no waiting on someone else's schedule. He has zero to 1 kilo to pull off everyday, no blood pressure meds, no EPO, iron infusion every other month and some awesome labs (except for that pesky phosphorus) -- it's soooo awesome!!

I hope you get "the call" soon!!

Gentle reminders to everyone, sign that donor statement on your license and let your family know!

And speaking as a living donor, I would do it again if I could. Most hospitals use laparoscopy procedure - couple of punctures and a very small incision below the belly button. Blue ribbon full match is awesome, but they will do zero match with the same blood type. I chose to take a month off, worked preschool at the time. But desk jobs, people go back after two weeks and most employers will cover your leave or give you short term disability (my employer gave me a week paid as a donor). Some states (MN does) give a tax break for donors to help cover costs (lost wages, transportation, child care). And your medical costs for the donation (work up, surgery, aftercare) are covered by the recipients insurance.
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #815
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

I had a great weekend celebrating Violets 1st birthday. Her party was Minnie themed. I just can't believe how fast her first year went. If all goes as planned I'll be taking her to DL on the 20th.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #816
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good Monday morning to you all! It's rainy, gray and windy here. I love it.
Probably won't last all day, but I am enjoying it for now.

Jen, what a headache. Sorry you had to deal with all that. I hate car issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Beth: could you add my dear Christine/Minnie&Nana to my room as my roomie!? Thanks!
I already had.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #817
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Names are out for the Summer Fun exchange, so check your messages either here or on Facebook for that info. Thanks!!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #818
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Drive by hi!!! Life has been super crazy the past week (or so) and will be for a while. I got my summer exchange name and am super excited, can't wait to shop!!!!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #819
MrsPinup
3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
I had a great weekend celebrating Violets 1st birthday. Her party was Minnie themed. I just can't believe how fast her first year went. If all goes as planned I'll be taking her to DL on the 20th.
I've been seeing the cutest Minnie parties on Pinterest lately! I bet it was really cute
Old 04-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #820
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Wish I could have signed up for the exchange, but just don't have the money right now. I don't have much, and what I do have, I am saving for our trip. Sad I am missing out on this one though as I LOVE summer. Oh well, next year!

Happy Tuesday everyone. Hope your week is going well so far!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:41 AM   #821
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Hi ladies! I am so sorry that I haven't been around and catching up.

Been really busy. So what is new? LOL....

Tomorrow I'm baking my last batch of cookies, and my last batch of BBQ sauce in my old oven and stove. Come Friday, Dave and Beau are ripping them out.

I hope you all are doing good, and having a nice spring.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #822
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Old 04-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #823
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Brooke's first birthday was Minnie! It was so fun! Her 2nd birthday was Minnie also, lol. She loves Mimi!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #824
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Quick hi and bye from me . Life is super busy and I'm looking for to the summer so it can slow down some. I need more time for FB and DIS!
Old 04-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #825
deesquared
Mouseketeer

Hello Divas!

I just wanted to jump in and say hi!

I was sorry that I missed the Diva adventures this year, but I loved looking at all the pictures of your fun!
My husband was laughing at me because I was dissapointed that I missed the Diva trip because we went to Maui in February! And yes, Hawaii is beautiful, but it's still not Disneyland.
Here's a pic of us celebrating Valentine's Day in Wailea:

We are planning a family trip to D-land for Halloweentime (so excited!), and I'm hoping to get an annual pass on that trip so that I can go back in March with the Divas!

Dianna

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: