Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #796
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Hi, Divas!

Took a few days, but all caught up! (Of course at my age, I won't remember half of what I read. )

I'd love to join you for the 2014 Dis Diva Disneyland trip! Had wanted to go along for the 2010 trip (even had my photo and name added) but life got in the way of fun. This time, all I need is for airfare to cooperate and I'll be there! Disneyland was my first Disney park experience in 1958 when we lived in So CA - of course, visited many times over the years, but sadly the last time was eons ago in 1996 - have been longing to return ever since that last visit.

Will be rooming with my dear DIS friend Marie (chimo2) and I know Linda, Grumpy Grandma as well. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

What a fun trip this will be...your welcoming spirit sure makes it easier for newbies!

(P.S. I still miss Angel Dawn - she wrote to me almost immediately when I planned to go the first time, inviting me to spend lots of time with her and her mom so I wouldn't be alone and she continued to keep in touch. She was one the kindest and most joyful people I've met through the DIS. She passed on my birthday... I remember her joyful spirit especially on that day now.)
Hi so glad to see you here. Also wanted to thank you so much for telling me about this group .... Jessica and I had such a great time on the 2013 trip! Bring on 2014!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
In my world, everyone votes for orange. Creative editing works in my favor.

Hurrah, and pass me an orange.
In your world everyone votes orange!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Coral is a pretty color.
Just a softer shade of orange.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #797
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

I am not much of a drinker these days-- But I have done my own pub crawls a few times. Oh, the good old days.

Thanks for letting me know Orange = Pub crawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Oh mercy me NO!! No!!! No!!!! The orange is not for Mel's designs. I have no idea what color she is planning. It is for me and the pubcrawl!!!!

Oh, and anyone who cares to join me in the color scheme is more than welcome.

Thursday: Orange
Friday: Orange
Saturday: Orange
Sunday: Orange.

Orange, the new black.
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #798
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good afternoon, ladies!! And, welcome back to Christine/Minnie&Nana!! Glad to see you here.

I am so glad it's Friday. It's been a busy week.
Hope you all have a great weekend and just a reminder, if you are thinking of signing up for the Summer Fun exchange, don't forget!! Sign-ups end on Monday. Kids are welcome to play along in this one, too.

Here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3089362
Old 04-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #799
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
I am so glad it's Friday. It's been a busy week.
Hope you all have a great weekend and just a reminder, if you are thinking of signing up for the Summer Fun exchange, don't forget!! Sign-ups end on Monday. Kids are welcome to play along in this one, too.

Here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3089362
Good afternoon and Happy Friday !! I am bouncing off the walls at work because we leave for vacation tomorrow at 5am

Work is good so far too - busy but not pulling out my hair busy , boss bought us yummy lunch , hubby brought me a smoothie and I'm just so happy Long Lost friends week is during our stay and all my voting for Robin Hood paid off .

We have a huge dinner at ESPN planned for Sunday with several friends and plan to knock back many alocoholic drinks then too.

Saturday night after we arrive we are hitting up Trader Sams for the first time too.

And that's just the start..so I hope everyone has an awesome week and I will return next Friday with recap and pics !
Astylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #800
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astylla View Post

Saturday night after we arrive we are hitting up Trader Sams for the first time too.

And that's just the start..so I hope everyone has an awesome week and I will return next Friday with recap and pics !
I love Trader Sam's! Have a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #801
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

Happy Friday everyone! It was a busy week and I'm looking forward to some rest this weekend. Nothing big going on here...anyone have fun plans?
Old 04-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #802
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

Just finished last minute packing..wrapping gift baskets for my good friends we visit in Anaheim ! I should have taken pics before I wrapped the baskets but here they are.

Everything in them is from Dollar Tree or 99cents only store.

It's hard to see so included are :

Cars themed candy
Mickey themed candy
Chocolate orange
Mini bottles of sparkling grape juice
Hand sanitizer pack
Hand lotion
Rose "soap" petals
Hershey's kisses
Resses cups
Super Mario gummy snacks
Winnie the Pooh miniatures
Mickey and friends miniatures
Crackers
Friendship magnets

Finshed product :

I also found these at the 99 cents only store!!
I love vintage Disney

Now i'm tired..lol. Hope everyone has a great weekend
Old 04-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #803
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Rose - Your baskets are beautiful.
Have a magical vacation!

Everyone else, have a great weekend.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #804
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

Rose those baskets are really amazing! You have very lucky friends. Thank you for sharing the pictures...have a great weekend and fabulous trip!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #805
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
I also found these at the 99 cents only store!!
I love vintage Disney

Now i'm tired..lol. Hope everyone has a great weekend
Rose - your baskets are beautiful. But I am in LOVE with those totes!! I am so into Vintage Disney! Maybe I need to check my 99 cents store!

sierranevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #806
albertamommyof4
DIS Veteran

Hopefully one day i will beable to join you, it sounds like it would be such a fun week, but with being a single mom and my youngest is only 6, my oldest is 15 and there is 2 in between lol, its not possible. i love the vintage mickey totes.
I love the shirts so very pretty.
I will keep reading about your trips though and enjoy the trip through you all.
albertamommyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #807
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone. So I survived the second boot camp. There were a bunch more people there and my husband and coworker joined me too! I won't get to go Tuesday due to PTO but will be there next Wednesday. This past week has been great. My kids went to Oregon with my mom and my husband and I have had a chance to reconnect. We went out to dinner a few times, to a movie, did the boot camp together and tonight we are cooking a special dinner and watching Skyfall. I haven't seen it yet so am looking forward to it. Well, I need to get to some chores so I can enjoy tonight. Have a great weekend ladies!

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #808
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

So I've had about uh way too many Trader Sam's drinks to count but it was amazing.. Now to dinner and sleep lol. Thanks for the love on my baskets!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #809
mommaU4

Drive-by Hi!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #810
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Hi, Divas!

Took a few days, but all caught up! (Of course at my age, I won't remember half of what I read. )

I'd love to join you for the 2014 Dis Diva Disneyland trip! Had wanted to go along for the 2010 trip (even had my photo and name added) but life got in the way of fun. This time, all I need is for airfare to cooperate and I'll be there! Disneyland was my first Disney park experience in 1958 when we lived in So CA - of course, visited many times over the years, but sadly the last time was eons ago in 1996 - have been longing to return ever since that last visit.

Will be rooming with my dear DIS friend Marie (chimo2) and I know Linda, Grumpy Grandma as well. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

What a fun trip this will be...your welcoming spirit sure makes it easier for newbies!

(P.S. I still miss Angel Dawn - she wrote to me almost immediately when I planned to go the first time, inviting me to spend lots of time with her and her mom so I wouldn't be alone and she continued to keep in touch. She was one the kindest and most joyful people I've met through the DIS. She passed on my birthday... I remember her joyful spirit especially on that day now.)
YEAH!!!! so happy to be having you along As my roomie Christine! Fingers crossed we get GREAT airfare deals!! I am looking forward to meeting Linda too this group of ladies sound like a lot of fun and I am very excited for the trip!
Beth: could you add my dear Christine/Minnie&Nana to my room as my roomie!? Thanks!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: