Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #781
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom

What is the Bisbee 1000? As in, the town of Bisbee?
It is in the town of Bisbee...you walk 4.5 miles and within that you climb 1034 stairs...they have a website with pictures and all...

I've heard Flat Iron is tough! I used to belong to a hiking club but haven't been in years.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #782
MrsPinup
3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups

I tried to catch up. Made it to page 11 and gave up
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
We really need to work on Holly's duckface.
If only she'd get on the board like she says she will to see more teasing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Catching up here.

So we are already onto shirt colors. LOL!! Love it!

Here is the idea, that someone shared with me, and I really liked it.
It would go like this.

Day 1- Lime green
Day 2- Last year's shirt
Day 3- Brand new tee
Day 4- Shirt from 2 years ago
Day 5- Either from 3 years ago or favorite Disney shirt.

So next year would go like this:

Day 1- Lime green
Day 2- Turquoise Carsland tee
Day 3- Brand new tee
Day 4- Pink DisDivaland tee
Day 5- Purple Castle tee or favorite shirt.

Every year the Day 5 shirt will get rotated out.

No fuss, no muss!

So those of us who have been on the trips so far, should have all of these tees or at least have bought the colors to match. We would only have to buy the brand new tee for Day 3. Less cost.
Newbies would need to buy everything or try to, but it would be that way no matter what.

Most of you have requested something bright, or easy to spot.
Depending on the image of the tee shirt designed, I will pick out something that should look good on almost everyone. I will not pick out orange or yellow. Those colors are really hard for most people to wear.

Once again, if you abhor what I choose, then it can be changed.

So that is the talk, we had over Mimi's and a few other places.

Hope you all like it!!
Love this idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
I am thinking that I might wear orange every day. Easy to match my accessories if I only bring one color.

I would be easy to spot. Unlike you, I was thinking a traffic cone (to go with Carlsand) or blaze/jumpsuit orange.

But that is just me.

I can see it now:

Thursday: Orange.
Fri; Orange
Sat: Orange
Sun; Orange.

I could even wear orange on Wednesday, but I will be at work, so no one would get my joke.

Orange, tangerine, cantalope, peach, orangey red, reddish orange.

Oh good golly the options are endless, I tell you!!!!!!
So THIS is where the orange thing started. I was wondering...

Baby girl and I are doing fine. I am still barely showing- it looks more like I gained some weight than anything. My coach/trainer thinks it's due to all the crossfit tightening my abs which makes the belly-growing slower Saturday marks 20 weeks and the halfway point. August 24th cannot get here soon enough. Neither can May 30th- graduation and the last day of school. I am very ready for summer vacation.

It was so great getting to meet some new Diva's and getting to know them better. Heather and Erin are pretty awesome. I am bummed that Nicole and I didn't get to do the DL powerwalk again this year. There is always next year...

MrsPinup is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #783
MrsPinup
3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups

Holly needs her photo on the Diva's index I will also be coming for just the Thursday and Friday (leaving Saturday morning) and will be rooming in the Cynthia army

MrsPinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #784
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Hi, Divas!

Took a few days, but all caught up! (Of course at my age, I won't remember half of what I read. )

I'd love to join you for the 2014 Dis Diva Disneyland trip! Had wanted to go along for the 2010 trip (even had my photo and name added) but life got in the way of fun. This time, all I need is for airfare to cooperate and I'll be there! Disneyland was my first Disney park experience in 1958 when we lived in So CA - of course, visited many times over the years, but sadly the last time was eons ago in 1996 - have been longing to return ever since that last visit.

Will be rooming with my dear DIS friend Marie (chimo2) and I know Linda, Grumpy Grandma as well. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

What a fun trip this will be...your welcoming spirit sure makes it easier for newbies!

(P.S. I still miss Angel Dawn - she wrote to me almost immediately when I planned to go the first time, inviting me to spend lots of time with her and her mom so I wouldn't be alone and she continued to keep in touch. She was one the kindest and most joyful people I've met through the DIS. She passed on my birthday... I remember her joyful spirit especially on that day now.)

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 04-04-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #785
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post
Hello, Once again I am excited to start making plans for the Diva 2014 gathering. I followed along on the Dis during the last 2 Diva meets.

I am a bit older then most of you. I enjoy DL so very much. I never feel old at DL. It is the little things that make me happy.
This is my second try at going on the Diva trip, but this time it is a definite plan...as long as airfare plays nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm one of the older Divas too .... well older in years but not in spirit!!!
Still younger than you know who, my friend.

Quote:
That is right we are not old-- we are just well "seasoned" with extra "spirit".
Patty
We can look back and smile, look forward and grin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Does this mean I don't have to turn 50? Cuz I'll take that deal. LOL.
50?? Just a kid!!

My theory on "old" is that it is all in our head....problem with my head is that the hair is pure white!! A quick giveaway that I'm not a spring chicken!

Old 04-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #786
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am a bit older then most of you.

Okay Patty, enough with the old talk. I am no spring chicken, but I have fun like a 5 year old. That is all that counts.

Oh, and your forgot to mention, what is your stand on the color Orange?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm one of the older Divas too .... well older in years but not in spirit!!!
You are as young as you feel, which I am thinking is way young.

Quote:
Hi, Patty! I'm on the older half of the divas as well. Hope you can make it next year!
Enough with the older talk. You last two girly whirlies are close to my age, and I AM NOT "older". Thank you very much.

Quote:
Can I just say how much it SUCKS that my birthday is over the 4th of July weekend???? I want to go to Disneyland SO. BAD. But I'm just not that crazy. It's my big 5-0.
On a happy note, he was intrigued by my desire to go to Vegas in October. I did tell him he would not see much of me.... :-D
I am so super de duper sorry that you would ever think anything about your birthday sucks. Seriously. Birthdays are wonderful. The big 5-0 is kind of large and important. I did spend mine at DL, but my bday is in November. I do hope you find something that you will find special.

Vegas Baby! Nope...still do not have any interest.
Quote:
Me too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Hi, Divas!

(P.S. I still miss Angel Dawn - she wrote to me almost immediately when I planned to go the first time, inviting me to spend lots of time with her and her mom so I wouldn't be alone and she continued to keep in touch. She was one the kindest and most joyful people I've met through the DIS. She passed on my birthday... I remember her joyful spirit especially on that day now.)
Thanks for the sweet reminder of Dawn. I still have a couple PM's she sent me giving me encouragement about some manner of mental crisis I was having at the time. So darling and supportive. (unlike most PM's which are sent to ***** about something or tell me off about something).

Or maybe....only I get those kind of PM's..........hmmmm....oops
Anyway, thanks. And you really must come.

Orange.

Just thought I would throw that in there.

My exciting life today, spent 2 or so hours on calls and on hold trying to get my DD's assigned primary care physician changed so that we could get in to see someone to get a referral to see her opthalmologist. She has been going to the same Optho place since she was three, and the appointment this month is a 2 month recheck from our last visit.

BUT, change in insurance, so my history with the Opthalmologist counts for nothing. It isn't the $30 copay to the PCP that is the issue, really, it is the total waste of time and effort to go with a healthy kid to get a referral to a place we go 2 to 3 times a year anyway. What is the doctor going to say today...bother with a physical? Seems a total waste of the doctor's time as well.

The healthcare/insurance system in the U.S. is seriously broken.

Sorry for the gripe. We will go, I will pay my $30 and get my referral...and I will say thankyou.

How are all of you?
grumpyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #787
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:

Thanks for the sweet reminder of Dawn. I still have a couple PM's she sent me giving me encouragement about some manner of mental crisis I was having at the time. So darling and supportive. (Unlike most PM's which are sent to ***** about something or tell me off about something).

Years ago I received some kind of warning on the DIS from a mod - like a demotion or points or something. Forget what it's called. It was private ...because I had posted the name of a website that was blocked at the time. I had no idea it was blocked and did not know what all the ****showed up instead of the link meant, so I sort of spelled out the link and then the warning arrived a few as later. I explained I had no idea, but she never responded. Kinda weird.

Or maybe....only I get those kind of PM's..........hmmmm....oops
Anyway, thanks. And you really must come.

Orange.

Just thought I would throw that in there.

Yep, orange. Saw that...read the post. It is my DD's favorite color...and she looks fabulous in any shade if orange....her mother looks like a sickly shade of grey and does her best to stay away from the lovely color at all expense. maybe there is a pinky orange to be found? Yep, I said the word.....pink.. Of course, I will go along with whatever color...heCk, lime green makes me look sickly grey as well. about the only colors I can wear and not look sickly would be pink and blue. BUT orange is beautiful!!

My exciting life today, spent 2 or so hours on calls and on hold trying to get my DD's assigned primary care physician changed so that we could get in to see someone to get a referral to see her opthalmologist. She has been going to the same Optho place since she was three, and the appointment this month is a 2 month recheck from our last visit.

BUT, change in insurance, so my history with the Opthalmologist counts for nothing. It isn't the $30 copay to the PCP that is the issue, really, it is the total waste of time and effort to go with a healthy kid to get a referral to a place we go 2 to 3 times a year anyway. What is the doctor going to say today...bother with a physical? Seems a total waste of the doctor's time as well.

The healthcare/insurance system in the U.S. is seriously broken.

Sorry for the gripe. We will go, I will pay my $30 and get my referral...and I will say thankyou.

How are all of you?
What a waste of everyone's time! Hope it works out simply.....if there is any such thing when it comes to health care.

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 04-04-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #788
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Pinky orange is coral, and a totally acceptable shade. For reals.

I favor orange so orange it hurts, but I am an extremist at times.

Another vote for orange, HURRAH!!!!!!!!!

This is going to be so so so so so great.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #789
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Pinky orange is coral, and a totally acceptable shade. For reals.

I favor orange so orange it hurts, but I am an extremist at times.

Another vote for orange, HURRAH!!!!!!!!!

This is going to be so so so so so great.
Oh my goodness ...did I actually VOTE for orange?!?! My vote is for rosy pink!!! Nevertheless, I will go along with the lovely orange...even though I'll look like I've been puking for days. Someone must promise to let me stand behind the tallest Diva for pictures though!

Old 04-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #790
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Oh my goodness ...did I actually VOTE for orange?!?! My vote is for rosy pink!!! Nevertheless, I will go along with the lovely orange...even though I'll look like I've been puking for days. Someone must promise to let me stand behind the tallest Diva for pictures though!
In my world, everyone votes for orange. Creative editing works in my favor.

Hurrah, and pass me an orange.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #791
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

I am excited to have a Shirt designed by "TinkerMel" that I don't care what color it is. Just one request ---- I would prefer a shirt that does not make me look roly-poly. I need no help in that department. Honestly I will be glowing with pride to wear what ever ya all decide.

I will not be looking for a room mate as I am still doing home dialysis at this point. ( Transplant office let me know I am at top of list-- after 6 years I should be LOL-- just need to have a good match). No way I would ever ask any one to listen to the machine or me snoring all night long. I need to know who to talk with for booking room.

Patty

Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #792
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Coral is a pretty color.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #793
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am excited to have a Shirt designed by "TinkerMel" that I don't care what color it is. Just one request ---- I would prefer a shirt that does not make me look roly-poly. I need no help in that department. Honestly I will be glowing with pride to wear what ever ya all decide.

Oh mercy me NO!! No!!! No!!!! The orange is not for Mel's designs. I have no idea what color she is planning. It is for me and the pubcrawl!!!!

Oh, and anyone who cares to join me in the color scheme is more than welcome.

Thursday: Orange
Friday: Orange
Saturday: Orange
Sunday: Orange.

Orange, the new black.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #794
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Oh mercy me NO!! No!!! No!!!! The orange is not for Mel's designs. I have no idea what color she is planning. It is for me and the pubcrawl!!!!

Oh, and anyone who cares to join me in the color scheme is more than welcome.

Thursday: Orange
Friday: Orange
Saturday: Orange
Sunday: Orange.

Orange, the new black.
Ohhhh...it is for the pub crawl? Alas, I worry for naught... no alcohol for this young whipper snapper! Not after I made myself horribly sick loooong ago after pouring vodka into an OJ container and watching a fabulous Reggae film in the Orson Wells Theatre. I was young, but still do not drink.

So does this mean no Orange for moi? I mean, I truly hate to give it up, but if that's how the crackers fall so be it, I guess.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #795
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Coral is a pretty color.
It is especially lovely when it has a little extra pink in the mix

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: