Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #766
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Hi, Patty! I'm on the older half of the divas as well. Hope you can make it next year!

LisaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #767
LisaCat

Can I just say how much it SUCKS that my birthday is over the 4th of July weekend???? I want to go to Disneyland SO. BAD. But I'm just not that crazy. It's my big 5-0. I should be doing something SPECIAL. What is planned? NOTHING. ZIP. NADA. ZILCH. I want to cry. We were supposed to go on an Alaska cruise this summer to celebrate both our 20th anniversary and my 50th b-day and instead we are doing NOTHING. I'm a spoiled brat, I know, but I've been looking forward to this for almost 10 years. Pardon me while I whine. And now that we've waited too long, I can't get ressies anywhere good over that weekend. Not even up in Reno. Someone even beat us to the family cabin on the coast. Sucks. Truly. Anyone have any suggestions? My birthday is that Saturday, the 6th, so we would be looking at traveling the night of the 3rd or morning of the 4th and coming home on the 7th. Preferably somewhere near cool water since DL is out (on multiple levels since I think I would owe DH WAY more television than 10 people could provide - LOL)

On a happy note, he was intrigued by my desire to go to Vegas in October. I did tell him he would not see much of me.... :-D

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #768
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm one of the older Divas too .... well older in years but not in spirit!!!
Me too!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #769
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Can I just say how much it SUCKS that my birthday is over the 4th of July weekend???? I want to go to Disneyland SO. BAD. But I'm just not that crazy. It's my big 5-0. I should be doing something SPECIAL. What is planned? NOTHING. ZIP. NADA. ZILCH. I want to cry. We were supposed to go on an Alaska cruise this summer to celebrate both our 20th anniversary and my 50th b-day and instead we are doing NOTHING. I'm a spoiled brat, I know, but I've been looking forward to this for almost 10 years. Pardon me while I whine. And now that we've waited too long, I can't get ressies anywhere good over that weekend. Not even up in Reno. Someone even beat us to the family cabin on the coast. Sucks. Truly. Anyone have any suggestions? My birthday is that Saturday, the 6th, so we would be looking at traveling the night of the 3rd or morning of the 4th and coming home on the 7th. Preferably somewhere near cool water since DL is out (on multiple levels since I think I would owe DH WAY more television than 10 people could provide - LOL)

On a happy note, he was intrigued by my desire to go to Vegas in October. I did tell him he would not see much of me.... :-D
Bummer. My birthday is near that time as well so I sympathize with you! I hope you can find something wonderful to do to celebrate that special day. I know how you feel about looking forward to something. I was sure my dh and I would get to go to Europe for our 10 year anniversary...the closest we got was Leavenworth, WA. Oh well, we had a good time. I will be majorly upset if I am not in Europe by my 40th!

Ok, so that boot camp thing today...it wasn't quite what you would think of as a boot camp, but it sure kicked my but! There were about 6 other ladies and the 2 instructors. It was a full hour and all of my muscles are still quivering 2 hours later! Next meeting is Thursday and it will supposedly be completely different as they are doing "muscle confusion". Oh dear goodness!

I hope you all had a great day!

Laters,

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #770
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

My muscles would be easily confused by any sort of exercise!

I, too, have a milestone birthday in July and am hoping to go to Disneyland.... but it'll be alone unfortunately. Oh well.

ten6mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #771
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat

My birthday is December 30. We went to DLR a couple of times, when we were you g and stupid. Never again.

Have you looked into Tahoe? Or Napa? Both are lovely in the summer. If you want cooler, maybe the NorCal coast? You'll come up with something. Heck, the planning is half the fun of traveling

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:42 AM   #772
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'd go to Disneyland. I spent 4th of July at Disneyland this year and had an amazing time. It really wasn't as busy as I expected it to be. And the fireworks are spectacular.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
CamoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #773
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Or hey, you could always come to Seattle!

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
CamoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #774
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Lisa bummer that you aren't going to get your trip but as Tina said have you thought of maybe Fort Bragg or Napa or something? There are still fun things to do. What about SF?

Patty nice to see you back. Hope you can make it this time!!

My birthday is going to fall during our vacation which will be interesting. My exes birthday was 6 days before mine and we always seemed to celebrate his and then mine kind of got forgotten so it will be nice to have it be just me again.

Karisa I feel your pain. I have been split from my ex almost 2 years and I haven't had any luck either. Met a few people here and there but nothing jelled. I joined a single parents group and have been having fun just getting out with other adults but I will admit it is a depressing concept. Doesn't help that I still have my ex around almost every day. Makes it hard to move on (he only lives a mile away and gets the kids 2 nights a week and we end up seeing a lot of eachother because of their sports and such). But hang in there. Right now I am just trying to get OUT there and not sit at home and I figure if it is meant to be it will happen regardless of what I do LOL.

I finally got to hold my grandbaby last night. So weird to hold a little baby again. I don't think I really have since my own kids. Plus she is in nicu and seeing all those little tiny babies is scary. My kids were both huge and were in my room the entire time so it is a new experience for me.

Hope everyone has a good day!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #775
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! Have not been on here much lately. Been enjoying my time with my son while I have it. That and I am not sure how much activity I am going to be able to participate in until I get a job. And I still have no idea what kind of job I want to do. I am sick of bouncing around and being unhappy, so I need to finally figure out what I want to do. I was told that our country has just passed a new bill to where they are supposed to help with school funding, so I might see if I can take some classes or something. But I also want to work at a good paying job so I can afford Disney trips.

On a brighter note, it sounds like my trip to Cali with my mom is a definite go. I will be down there for 3 whole weeks! I think we will only be going to Disney one or two days though. I've got enough saved up to be able to enjoy it a little at least. Will be doing lots of beach days and just exploring probably. If we do anything else, it will be up to my Mom! Lol. I am so looking forward to taking Seth to see Mickey! And it turns out my best friend and her family are going to be in Disney the same time, so will probably spend at least part of the day or a meal with them. Anyways, hopefully after this trip I can get my head together and figure out what I want to do for work.

Heather, happy sweet 16 to your daughter! That's exciting!

Lisa, I would still go to Disney if it were me. I know it would be busy, but as long as you know what to expect, it's not so bad!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #776
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hello, ladies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post
I am planning that this trip will happen.

Patty

Good!

Quote:

Aw, I'm so sorry plans are not going right for you. That does suck. I love being on the coast. Maybe northern CA? Monterey? Carmel? Or go to Washington! The Quileute Oceanside Resort is pretty much heaven on earth.

Hope you can make it here in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
It was a full hour and all of my muscles are still quivering 2 hours later!
You rock, Sarah!! Good for you for doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post
Liar, liar, pants on fire! I've seen how fit you are and read about all those hikes you go on. LOL Now my muscles on the other hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
I finally got to hold my grandbaby last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Hey everyone! Have not been on here much lately. Been enjoying my time with my son while I have it. That and I am not sure how much activity I am going to be able to participate in until I get a job. And I still have no idea what kind of job I want to do. I am sick of bouncing around and being unhappy, so I need to finally figure out what I want to do.
No real advice, sweetie. Just a hug for you.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #777
LisaCat

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies. I've already looked into just about everything along the coast from Santa Cruz north to Gualala. Any reservations that can be found that weekend are running $300 to $500 a night. We just can't justify that for a place to lay our heads down. At that price, we could hop on a 3 night cruise from L.A. to Ensenada. If they had one going that weekend. Which they don't - I looked. The reality is that we are 90 days out from the biggest holiday travel weekend of the summer and with the 4th falling on Thursday, many are using a vacation day and making it a 4 day weekend. Bah. Does this mean I don't have to turn 50? Cuz I'll take that deal. LOL

DH spoke to the guy he interviewed with last week. They put a new ad out today for the position. They are still interviewing people and say they will make a decision around the end of the month. So that's not looking good. Double bleh.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #778
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom
This made me laugh!

Although I was proud of myself that I finished the entire Bisbee 1000 last October...it was fun but boy did I sleep well that night!

Congratulations SarahMay on making it through the first day of boot camp!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #779
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Liar, liar, pants on fire! I've seen how fit you are and read about all those hikes you go on. LOL Now my muscles on the other hand...
Boy do I have you fooled! Surely you know that just because I APPEAR a certain way doesn't mean I AM a certain way? I am just lucky to have a fast metabolism, inherited from my dad. And thus far the hikes I have been doing are nothing. There is one called Flat Iron (also in the Superstitions, where I have been hiking) that I am hoping to be able to prepare for by the time the weather gets cooler again. I have been told that it will KICK MY BUTT. But oh, such a sense of accomplishment when I DO make it!

A couple of weeks ago I went to the gym for the first time in over TWO YEARS.... did all body weight exercises.... and I thought I was going to DIE. And I have not been back since.

Anyway ladies I hope you are all having a marvelous day!!!!!

Old 04-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #780
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoRocks View Post

Although I was proud of myself that I finished the entire Bisbee 1000 last October...it was fun but boy did I sleep well that night!
What is the Bisbee 1000? As in, the town of Bisbee?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: