Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #721
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Forgot to post that right now with your AP, a Disney Hotel discount is 20% off. Along with that you get a "character meal" for up to 5 people listed in your room. So, in May my girls and I are taking a trip, and we get a free meal for all of us! That is like $40.00 per person!

OK.... that is all.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #722
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
Thanks for the kind words..admitedlly the first thing I did was come here and rant about it..then I felt better

Only 4 more work days until vacation..still tempted to switch hotels since I found a better deal..ahhh desicons..anyway my work day is over so I'm happy

Have a great one !
Which hotel are you staying it? Which one are you considering switching to?

Today we went to an incredible Easter party at a friend's house! I have never seen anything like it! We had a great time, a nice dinner, some play time out side, I finished my book, and the kids are all packed except for blankys' which we will pack tomorrow. I hope you all have a great Easter!

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 12:28 AM   #723
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Which hotel are you staying it? Which one are you considering switching to?

Today we went to an incredible Easter party at a friend's house! I have never seen anything like it! We had a great time, a nice dinner, some play time out side, I finished my book, and the kids are all packed except for blankys' which we will pack tomorrow. I hope you all have a great Easter!
Sounds like a fun time !

We originally had reservations at the Ayres Hotel which we would have to drive to and from each day. We got a decent AP rate however spending zero time at the hotel outside of sleeping /showering seems like a waste for 5 days. We are opting for the closer Anaheim Plaza Hotel/Inn which we can walk from..and we never eat breakfast nor will we have time with our plans. It will save us nearly $120 bucks which is alot when we are using the room to sleep/nap only.

We had to pay nearly 700 bucks in state taxes..and neither of us is really picky and have seen several people state it's fine for what we are there for. I'm just anxious to go already lol.
Astylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:57 AM   #724
tkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoRocks
Hello ladies! Jumping in to say Hi! I have been reading since shortly before this last trip and I would like to join you all on the 2014 trip.

To introduce myself my name is Dawn and I live in Chandler AZ and have for the past 15 years since graduating college. I work at a VERY LARGE university here in the Phoenix area as an academic advisor. I LOVE my job and my students (co-workers not so much) but what can you do...

I have a beautiful 13 year old poodle baby whom I love with all my heart.

Now the important stuff...I am an Orange fan and I even have a lime green and Orange tie dye shirt that I made for my Disneyland trip in 2012...I am totally up for the pub crawl I cam do either beer or mixed drinks as long as there's no rum (we don't get along well)

I'm sure I missed something but hopefully you all can keep me on track.

Have a great night! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better.
Hi Dawn! I too am new here and can't wait to join in on the 2014 trip. I live west of phoenix out by PIR.
Grew up near DL-Disneyland grad nite jr hi 1973-High school 1976 *1999 Land & Sea pkg - Contemporary/Disney*2005 First Disneyland trip with Grandson*2006 WDW Aug. POFQ*2008 Disneyland trip (first for granddaugter)*WDW-OKW & ASMu Oct 2009*Best DL trip ever May 2010* 1st MHP-DL! Oct 2011* OKW/POFQ Grandkids trip Oct 2012 * 1st DisDiva DL trip 2014!

tkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #725
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitty

Hi Dawn! I too am new here and can't wait to join in on the 2014 trip. I live west of phoenix out by PIR.
Hello! I was just out there for a spring training game in Goodyear. My sister teaches in Verrado which is way west (or at least feels like it from Chandler)

It seems there are several of us here in the Phoenix area...cool!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #726
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

I see a Phoenix area mini meet in the future!!

ten6mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:54 PM   #727
tkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom
Sounds like fun. I am having a hard time keeping up with this thread! Computers down and phone just isn't the same.
Grew up near DL-Disneyland grad nite jr hi 1973-High school 1976 *1999 Land & Sea pkg - Contemporary/Disney*2005 First Disneyland trip with Grandson*2006 WDW Aug. POFQ*2008 Disneyland trip (first for granddaugter)*WDW-OKW & ASMu Oct 2009*Best DL trip ever May 2010* 1st MHP-DL! Oct 2011* OKW/POFQ Grandkids trip Oct 2012 * 1st DisDiva DL trip 2014!

Old 03-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #728
tkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4
Roommate/Hotel List

~Grand Californian Hotel:
1. Stacie/Stacielee, Heather/LittleBlackRaincloud, Vicki/CoMickey, Tammy (Stacie's friend)

2. Bridget/sierranevada, Lisa/Lisadog

3. Paula/smile4stamps, Kerri/pixiewings71, Andrea/DisneyStitch626

4. Bernice/funnygarcia, Alison/sameyeyam, Michelle/Alex2kMommy

5. Wendy/wendypooh22, Tammy/TTLee, Katie/MamaKate, Capri/disney-super-mom

6. Linda/Grumpy Grandma, Jessica (Linda's daughter)

7. Cheryl/toocherie, Linda/lulubelle, Brianne/lulubellesDD, Melody/tinkermell

8. Kelly/kelmac284, Rosemarie (Kelly's mom)

9. Karisa/ten6mom, and her mom

10. 11. 12. 13 & 14. Cynthia/starshipdelphi, Linda, Allison and Jenna (Cynthia's friends), Becci/ccdisney, Michelle/Zoemakes5, Pam/nwdisgal, Kim/Lil_tink, Nicole/VillianLover, Erin/Peepers0116, Holly, Jodi/JodiLuvsDisney, Bev, Carol/karylrocks, Lisa/Rapunzel34,

15. 16. & 17. Amy/grumpyvet, Deb/jordansmomma, Stacie/Stacerita, Steph/21yankees, Callie/Dangermouse and her mom Jane, Tina/BillyFan and her mom Donna,

18. Theresa/Queenbillabong, Beth/mommaU4, Angie/BC Disney Lover

19. Ruth/Belle1997, Lyn/Tiggerholic, Tina/starsnowgirl

20. Lisa/LisaCat, Cindy/NorCalGal

21. Megan/staley7580, Sandy (Megan's mom)

22. Kandace/kandyk, Catrina/cittycat, Jane/cheshiregirl, Jamay (Kandace's friend)

23. Jen/MrsPinup with her family

24. Daisy/PrincessDuck, Jill/GeorgiaJill

25. Chris/Califgirl

26. Debra/debbiedoo

27. Tracey/QueenDoOver

28. Mary Jo/Mary Jo

29. Jen/grizbuzz

30. Amy/bigskyernurse

31. Michele/pixidustmom, Annette (Michele's friend), Marie/yourMaire83

32. Rochelle/eatmypixiedust

33. Kit/raftislander

34. Marie/chimo2U

35. Sarah/sahbushka, January/daisy 77, Shirley/anut4disney

36. Trudi/VintageDisneyRules, Sarah/MotoXPrincess99, Heather/CamoMama, Serra (Heather's daughter)
You can add me too! Tami O and I am hoping to bring my dd Jennifer H. I am 54 and dd is 32 if that helps with placement. I'm planning on Weds, Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights. I've always dreamed of staying at the GC! My did is still unsure and won"t know for a while.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #729
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Happy Easter, everyone! I am sure everyone is spending the day with their families. My boys are over at my dad's house... harassing him, no doubt. There are times when it sucks to be single and this is one of them! HOWEVER, I have had some time to myself to catch up and write a real post from a real computer so it's all good.

I am so excited for all the new (to this thread) faces (names, I suppose)... especially the PHOENIX area ones!

I am planning my first TRULY solo (not even the Divas to keep me company) trip in May. Really, the only planning I am doing is what hotel to book. I figure since it's just me, I can get away with the Anaheim Plaza because it's close and cheap... and I won't have to worry what anyone else thinks of it! I am thinking of a Wed/Thur/Friday trip because those are my days off and my parents would be willing to take care of the boys for me for a couple of days. It is GREAT that they are so close and so involved in the boys' lives. Their dad, while almost as close and an awesome parent, just can't work it out with his job to get them to school and all during the week.

Had a fledgling relationship crash and burn twice in the last month (I know, I know, how stupid can a girl be???? lol) so I am kind of turned off the whole "trying to date" thing. Who knows... maybe my prince will be waiting for me on this trip? I won't hold my breath!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Old 03-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #730
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post
Happy Easter, everyone! I am sure everyone is spending the day with their families. My boys are over at my dad's house... harassing him, no doubt. There are times when it sucks to be single and this is one of them! HOWEVER, I have had some time to myself to catch up and write a real post from a real computer so it's all good.

I am so excited for all the new (to this thread) faces (names, I suppose)... especially the PHOENIX area ones!

I am planning my first TRULY solo (not even the Divas to keep me company) trip in May. Really, the only planning I am doing is what hotel to book. I figure since it's just me, I can get away with the Anaheim Plaza because it's close and cheap... and I won't have to worry what anyone else thinks of it! I am thinking of a Wed/Thur/Friday trip because those are my days off and my parents would be willing to take care of the boys for me for a couple of days. It is GREAT that they are so close and so involved in the boys' lives. Their dad, while almost as close and an awesome parent, just can't work it out with his job to get them to school and all during the week.

Had a fledgling relationship crash and burn twice in the last month (I know, I know, how stupid can a girl be???? lol) so I am kind of turned off the whole "trying to date" thing. Who knows... maybe my prince will be waiting for me on this trip? I won't hold my breath!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!
Happy Easter! I noticed you stated you were staying at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel..we moved our ressies to there for our 5 day trip this week..we are low key and don't need anything fancy..never use hotel amenities anyway since when we are at Disney..we are AT Disney..lol.

Just curious if you have stayed there before ?

Hang in there on the relationship front! I know I had alot of bad luck with people for a long time but I can tell you have a great energy about you and things will be fine !

I hope you have fun in May
Old 03-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #731
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Happy Easter! I noticed you stated you were staying at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel..

Just curious if you have stayed there before ?
I have... once... this past October. It was, in a word, old. Perfectly sufficient to the needs of a solo traveler tho. The ironic thing was that they seemed to be in the process of replacing ALL the mattresses in the whole hotel.... the day we checked out.

I did enjoy its proximity to the parks and the PRICE, of course. And it was kind of nice not to be in a huge narrow hotel. The flowers and all the greenery were nice and the bathroom counter was HUGE... lots of room for all our stuff.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:07 PM   #732
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
I have... once... this past October. It was, in a word, old. Perfectly sufficient to the needs of a solo traveler tho. The ironic thing was that they seemed to be in the process of replacing ALL the mattresses in the whole hotel.... the day we checked out.

I did enjoy its proximity to the parks and the PRICE, of course. And it was kind of nice not to be in a huge narrow hotel. The flowers and all the greenery were nice and the bathroom counter was HUGE... lots of room for all our stuff.
Thanks for your honest feedback! Me and DH are seriously non picky..as long as we can lay our head down..and saying over 100 bucks is HUGE on our last trip to DL as AP holders.....until December..lol

We probably will be in the room a total of 6-8 hours a day..and that's 99% sleep so it sounds like it will work ! I'll report back for you
Old 03-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #733
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for your honest feedback! Me and DH are seriously non picky..as long as we can lay our head down..and saying over 100 bucks is HUGE on our last trip to DL as AP holders.....until December..lol

We probably will be in the room a total of 6-8 hours a day..and that's 99% sleep so it sounds like it will work ! I'll report back for you
Yes... it is essentially a place to sleep. I would imagine that with these new mattresses that should be even easier!

I will eagerly await your feedback. Have fun!!!

Old 03-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #734
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Mega multi-quote! Getting caught up...

Hello, ladies!! I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful Easter Sunday. We had a great day here. It was a day full of fun, family and food. I am feeling extra fat and happy right now. LOL

Tomorrow the Summer Fun exchange begins! I'll post once I get that thread up and running.

Have a great night, everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Thanks Beth. After ALL that I guess they decided she is stable enough that they sent her home LOL.
Ha! Sounds like it's time for the labor and delivery roller coaster to begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
So looks like a fun weekend of driving for me.
Hi, Kerri!
Hope the driving went okay! I read about a 75 car pile up in another state, North Carolina I think. Pretty scary. But, they said it was in foggy conditions so... Still, stories like that make me almost rethink my road trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex2kMommy View Post
Seattle area is supposed to be and near 70F, unbelievable! DS8 has (yet another) baseball game tomorrow, so looking forward to spending some time in the sun.
Hey Michelle! Hope you and yours are having a wonderful Easter and enjoying that sun!

Quote:
Good morning,

I hope everyone else is doing okay..I'm really starting to hate Saturdays at my job..and it's not even because of the job..it's my co workers that are incapable of following a schedule.
Hi, Rose. I know this is an older post so you are probably over it already, but I just wanted to say feel free to come here and vent away anytime! We all do it. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoRocks View Post
Hi Beth! Have a Happy Easter with your family. I'm headed up to my sisters tomorrow after breakfast with a friend I haven't seen in a while.

Take care everyone!
Thanks, Dawn. I hope you enjoyed your breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
So that, along with the house, grandkids and life, is what is up with me. Nothing too earth shattering.
Hi, Miss Mel! Glad to see you check in. I hope the remodel is moving right along. Enjoy the holiday with those grandbabies of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post

Today we went to an incredible Easter party at a friend's house! I have never seen anything like it!
Hi, Sarah! Wow. Sounds awesome. I want to go to a fun party at someone elses house. Let them do the work and the clean up. lol

Quote:
You should organize one, Karisa! You can do it. Get all the AZ ladies together for some fun in the Arizona sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitty View Post
You can add me too! Tami O and I am hoping to bring my dd Jennifer H. I am 54 and dd is 32 if that helps with placement. I'm planning on Weds, Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights. I've always dreamed of staying at the GC! My did is still unsure and won"t know for a while.
Hi, Tami. I'll add you and your DD Jennifer to the GCH list. Let me know if you have anyone y'all want to add to your room.

Quote:
I am planning my first TRULY solo (not even the Divas to keep me company) trip in May.
When in May? A bunch of the Divas will be there for MA, but I can't remember when...

As for your prince, he'll arrive, when the time is right. You'll find someone who will love you and make you truly happy. Just ask Katie and Amy S., two of our other Divas.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:14 PM   #735
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

When in May? A bunch of the Divas will be there for MA, but I can't remember when...

As for your prince, he'll arrive, when the time is right. You'll find someone who will love you and make you truly happy. Just ask Katie and Amy S., two of our other Divas.
Tentatively planning on May 8-10. And my older son, Tristan (8) would like me to insert this smilie here:

As he says, "Do the dancing banana!"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: