Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 01:46 AM   #661
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Have fun Cat, I'm so jealous right now it's not even funny.

I totally started practicing for the pub crawl tonight, had a lemon drop martini and a Mike's hard lemonade, yum. It was a good night, but I have to work in the morning and it's now super late. Probably not my best idea, but it was my friend's birthday and I hadn't planned on staying out so late.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
CamoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:10 AM   #662
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Hi!
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 03:07 AM   #663
debbiedoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Missed your post, Kelly---not on purpose. We were typing at the same time. Too much going on with you for me to be able to answer...lazy. Sorry about your migraines. I am a sufferer as well. Suck.

Hey howdy hey.
I stop consuming aspartame/Splenda many years ago. They were a big cause in my migranes. I rarely get them now.

Tiger balm works wonders for headaches/migranes. Rub on temples and back if neck. (The white tiger balm). NOT the red one

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see. Leonardo da Vinci
debbiedoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:14 AM   #664
debbiedoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Hubby had his interview in San Fran yesterday. He thought it went well. They contacted all three of his references yesterday. Two of them think he will have an offer by the end of the week. Keep your fingers crossed... He gets this job and I get to plan my spring run to the Mouse House. LOL
Crossing fingers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoRocks View Post
Hello ladies! Jumping in to say Hi! I have been reading since shortly before this last trip and I would like to join you all on the 2014 trip.

To introduce myself my name is Dawn and I live in Chandler AZ and have for the past 15 years since graduating college. I work at a VERY LARGE university here in the Phoenix area as an academic advisor. I LOVE my job and my students (co-workers not so much) but what can you do...

I have a beautiful 13 year old poodle baby whom I love with all my heart.

Now the important stuff...I am an Orange fan and I even have a lime green and Orange tie dye shirt that I made for my Disneyland trip in 2012...I am totally up for the pub crawl I cam do either beer or mixed drinks as long as there's no rum (we don't get along well)

I'm sure I missed something but hopefully you all can keep me on track.

Have a great night! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better.
Hello and welcome!!

There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see. Leonardo da Vinci
debbiedoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #665
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Exciting news here ..... just booked for F&W Oct 27th - Nov 3rd at Animal Kingdom Villas!!!! Jessica and I are going to WDW!!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #666
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good morning, ladies!! Happy Hump Day!

Quote:
Hello ladies! Jumping in to say Hi! I have been reading since shortly before this last trip and I would like to join you all on the 2014 trip.

To introduce myself my name is Dawn and I live in Chandler AZ and have for the past 15 years since graduating college. I work at a VERY LARGE university here in the Phoenix area as an academic advisor. I LOVE my job and my students (co-workers not so much) but what can you do...

Now the important stuff...I am an Orange fan and I even have a lime green and Orange tie dye shirt that I made for my Disneyland trip in 2012...I am totally up for the pub crawl I cam do either beer or mixed drinks as long as there's no rum (we don't get along well)

Hi, Dawn!!

So glad you are going to be joining our fun group. My name is Beth. I am a stay at home mom with four kids, married to my high school sweetie, and living in Las Vegas. My son is 18 (still cannot wrap my brain around that!), and I have 3 girls, ages 16, 12 and 12. My twins will be 13 in July, which will then make me the mother of four teenagers!!! But, for the most part, they are really good kids, so I cannot complain.

If you have any questions, please let us know. Otherwise, just jump in, chat away, and have fun!

Quote:
Beth, you truly are an innovative and fearless leader. Totally think the orange and black theme rocks. My high school colors were orange and black, so will remind me of home. *sniff.

And no worries Sugar, you keep me ever so amused.
Your high school must've been awesome to have such amazing colors!

Awww, you called me Sugar! I feel so special. I got a nickname!! It's better than some nicknames I've been given over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittycat View Post
We leave at the a$$crack of dawn tomorrow for Disneyland.... just my girlie and me!! Yay!!
Checked Beth's packing list and I'm good to go!!!
Have fun and congrats to Alison!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
I totally started practicing for the pub crawl tonight, had a lemon drop martini and a Mike's hard lemonade, yum.
Practice makes perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Hi!
Well, hello there, Miss Cristabel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Exciting news here ..... just booked for F&W Oct 27th - Nov 3rd at Animal Kingdom Villas!!!! Jessica and I are going to WDW!!!!
That's great news!!!!!!!! The AK villas. Awww, I'd love to stay there! And, you'll be there over Halloween. Best. Holiday. Ever. I am super jealous right now!! But, also super excited for you both!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #667
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Oh, geez. My post above was #666. Should I be scared?? Or should all of you? Mwuahahahahahaha...
Old 03-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #668
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Oh, geez. My post above was #666. Should I be scared?? Or should all of you? Mwuahahahahahaha...
Old 03-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #669
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post
I can't quote anyone but my third grader's teacher just sent an email saying she wants all students to bring two blown out eggs (so just the shell) for an art project "BEFORE Thursday". Uh, that would be tomorrow.... I am at work.... and I have no eggs in the house. You couldn't have sent a heads up notice home before spring break????
I would have replied saying "sorry, no eggs at home and I'm at work and can't do this." LOL Drives me NUTS when teachers do that type of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Hubby had his interview in San Fran yesterday. He thought it went well. They contacted all three of his references yesterday. Two of them think he will have an offer by the end of the week. Keep your fingers crossed... He gets this job and I get to plan my spring run to the Mouse House. LOL
My fingers are crossed!! I hope it happens!

Quote:

Hi Dawn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedoo View Post
I stop consuming aspartame/Splenda many years ago. They were a big cause in my migranes. I rarely get them now.

Tiger balm works wonders for headaches/migranes. Rub on temples and back if neck. (The white tiger balm). NOT the red one

Thanks for the Tiger Balm tip, I put that on my shopping list. I don't "do" artificial sweeteners anymore, I still get migraines but not the ones that made me physically ill. I get them because I won't give up sharp cheese or red wine.....LOL

Last night I went shopping and found some really FUN things for my BF's birthday party next Friday. She's doing a pirate theme, I'm trying to avoid buying a costume and am instead trying to put something together. I have a black and pink PotC bandana so I'm building off that. I got a pink tutu and the stuff to make myself a hair piece, similar to Captain Jack but different. LOL Mine will be made with shades of pink. I also got some gloves but don't think I'll use them, because I also made some jewelry, I made a piece that goes around my wrist like a bracelet and also goes down my hand and wraps around my middle finger, it has a skull dangly on it. I also got stuff to make myself a necklace, picked up an ear cuff and a few other fun pieces. I picked up a couple of pink hair extensions as well, I can't quite figure out what to do with my hair but I have time to work on that.
I have class tonight at the bar, our Wednesday nights have become more popular so I'm hoping for a good turnout.

Kelly, are you feeling better today?

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #670
kandyk
Mouseketeer

Good morning! Thought I'd stop by and say hello. I'm good at following along but bad about posting, I'll try to work on that.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #671
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
I hadn't heard of cake wreck before...I have one I could probably post!

Welcome! Sounds like you are a match for this group! Looking forward to getting to know you this year!

I'm SarahMay, 34 y/o mom, pto board member, and full time employee in a federal position (furlough anyone?) from Washington State.
Hi SarahMay! Thank you for the welcome! I went through the furlough thing at my job a couple years ago - no fun at all.

Quote:
Okay, I know that I have proven to be a bit fickle...but today, DAWN is my favorite. Orange? Lime Green? Tie Dye? Holy Moly...we must have been separated at birth.

I cannot drink Rum either...bad experience with 151 rum in undergrad. Ugh.
YAY!! I am the favorite for the day - so exciting! Maybe I'll recruit my sister - she can totally hold her own on the pub crawl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post
My phone is the same way. This is Karisa and I am a native of Chandler if you can believe it. We must chat!
A native?! Wow - you are a rare breed for sure. We will definitely need to chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedoo View Post
Hello and welcome!!
Thank you Debbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
So glad you are going to be joining our fun group. My name is Beth. I am a stay at home mom with four kids, married to my high school sweetie, and living in Las Vegas. My son is 18 (still cannot wrap my brain around that!), and I have 3 girls, ages 16, 12 and 12. My twins will be 13 in July, which will then make me the mother of four teenagers!!! But, for the most part, they are really good kids, so I cannot complain.

If you have any questions, please let us know. Otherwise, just jump in, chat away, and have fun!
Hi Beth! I don't have any kids so 4 teenagers - may the force be with you I do work with a lot of 18 year olds in my job and they can be a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Hi Dawn!!
HI!!

Well we will see if this works - I've never mutli-quoted before so...

Thank you guys for the warm welcome - you guys are awesome!

I have orientation today and tomorrow - yay High School seniors!! My brain will be fried by the end of the day tomorrow so I apologize in advance for any wacky posts I submit in my haze
Old 03-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #672
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:

Would that be at THE university? DD is going there in the Fall, we went to orientation last Saturday. She CANNOT wait!!

I'm in Peoria, but can vouch for Karisa, she's fine! Now some of the others on here... just kidding! And I'm like Kandace, I read about everything, but don't post a whole lot.

I'm a SAHM, DD is 17, almost 18, also have another DD who is 23, almost 24, and a DS who is 21, will be 22 in about 10 days. Oh, my name is Stacie (stacielee, not Stacerita )
Old 03-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #673
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
Would that be at THE university? DD is going there in the Fall, we went to orientation last Saturday. She CANNOT wait!!

I'm in Peoria, but can vouch for Karisa, she's fine! Now some of the others on here... just kidding! And I'm like Kandace, I read about everything, but don't post a whole lot.

I'm a SAHM, DD is 17, almost 18, also have another DD who is 23, almost 24, and a DS who is 21, will be 22 in about 10 days. Oh, my name is Stacie (stacielee, not Stacerita )
Hi Stacie! Another Phoenix area Diva

I bet it is the same university I am at the Tempe campus. We did have an orientation last Saturday but I wasn't at that one.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #674
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Seriously its only Wednesday?

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #675
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
Seriously its only Wednesday?
Yes and I'm working on our taxes!!! Nuff said about how my day is going!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: