Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #646
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Hey, I was cheated...did not get any "cigs" from the candy buffet this year. Man oh man oh man, could go for a rootbeer dum dum right now.

I tried to talk myself out of doing the generous thing, but couldn't. But, I did not show up with a generous spirit. I was kind of pissy inside.

But poor dog needed to be put down, and the owner was having such trouble with it, and was waiting for me. Could not leave darling Katie, the dog, to suffer just because I hate my boss, huh?
You are a good person AOS. That call would have gone to voicemail and I probably wouldn't have even checked it till the end of the week.

Quote:
[

That sounds about right.

If it will not recognize you, Stace, I think that means you get to go home

I can even give you a doctor's note.

A drink? Practicing for the Pub Crawl. Smart lady!!!!
Practice makes perfect!

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #647
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your butterfly looks great. Any of mine look like the classic fails you see on pinterest or cake wreck.

Hurrah for fired less than desireable coworkers. Now be honest with me. Was there any pins in a voodoo doll involved with this firing?

Well, Beth, you love Halloween, so maybe a ghost town is your "thing". As long as you are here, I will have someone to quote!! Thanks to others who give me fodder to be my smart aleck self.

Thanks Linda. It is a new "thing" for me. But, I did find at the most recent meet...and hard to believe it was a whole month ago, that I knew no one. Okay, no one new. So, trying to rectify that this year.

And sadly, with working less...got the time.

Have fun in Palm Dessert, will be thinking of you. Feel free to text me any time if you need to comment....

It is Tuesday and not a lot going on. I did a housecall for a client as a favor to her...she hates the boss, so did not want him. I am so torn between doing the kind thing, and the total annoyance that I am donating my time and skills to make my boss money....and I will not get paid for my time. (not officially working.)

Sucks to have ethics and a heart, sometimes.

Have a super de duper Tuesday Lady Girls.
Hey .... you know me now!!! Actually I just had my DD, Jessica go around and make friends then introduce me to all the wonderful ladies she met!
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #648
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

I can't quote anyone but my third grader's teacher just sent an email saying she wants all students to bring two blown out eggs (so just the shell) for an art project "BEFORE Thursday". Uh, that would be tomorrow.... I am at work.... and I have no eggs in the house. You couldn't have sent a heads up notice home before spring break????

ten6mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #649
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Hubby had his interview in San Fran yesterday. He thought it went well. They contacted all three of his references yesterday. Two of them think he will have an offer by the end of the week. Keep your fingers crossed... He gets this job and I get to plan my spring run to the Mouse House. LOL

LisaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #650
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post
I can't quote anyone but my third grader's teacher just sent an email saying she wants all students to bring two blown out eggs (so just the shell) for an art project "BEFORE Thursday". Uh, that would be tomorrow.... I am at work.... and I have no eggs in the house. You couldn't have sent a heads up notice home before spring break????
Looks like someone needs to borrow a couple of eggs from the neighbor. LOL What a PITA

LisaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #651
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
I had a great weekend, spent time with Cami, Sebastian and Josie, Jade and Cassidy went home with them.

It's almost Easter, what's everyone doing?
Glad you had a great time with them.

As for Easter, just the usual around here. Dye eggs, big family breakfast, egg hunt, Easter baskets. Simple, but fun. I always make a scavenger hunt for the kids to follow to find their baskets. I need to get working on clues for that soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Not much going on for me except work and the same ole, same ole. We are going to Palm Desert for Easter weekend and looking forward to some R&R.

Amy and Beth - I for one appreciate you both keeping the thread going.
Aw, you're welcome. We love it when y'all come to visit though. I'm quite sure that myself alone is not nearly enough entertainment for the clever Miss AmyOkraSue.

Have a great time in Palm Desert. You deserve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post

I had an eventful weekend. Thurs we had that cheer deal and as I said I had a bad migraine which turned into one of those week long ones. I made it to the cheer thing and then I had signed up to host an event with my single's group and then I was afraid I wasn't going to make it.
Sorry about the migraine. That sucks. Glad you are able to get out and meet more fun gals though! Enjoy your visit to Jelly Belly! Green apple is my favorite flavor, have one for me!

Quote:
Well, Beth, you love Halloween, so maybe a ghost town is your "thing".
I think you might be right. Since it's just you and I here most of the time, I think we need to redecorate. I'm thinking an orange and black color scheme. To go with the ghosts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
Dump the heart. Its easy. I'll teach you how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Hey .... you know me now!!! Actually I just had my DD, Jessica go around and make friends then introduce me to all the wonderful ladies she met!
Aw, Jessica AND you were so delightful and such a great addition to the group!

Quote:
Oh, hell, no. Gotta love it when they do things like that. And, of course you don't want your kid to be the only one without blown eggs. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Hubby had his interview in San Fran yesterday. He thought it went well.
Great news!! Fingers are crossed!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #652
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

Hello ladies! Jumping in to say Hi! I have been reading since shortly before this last trip and I would like to join you all on the 2014 trip.

To introduce myself my name is Dawn and I live in Chandler AZ and have for the past 15 years since graduating college. I work at a VERY LARGE university here in the Phoenix area as an academic advisor. I LOVE my job and my students (co-workers not so much) but what can you do...

I have a beautiful 13 year old poodle baby whom I love with all my heart.

Now the important stuff...I am an Orange fan and I even have a lime green and Orange tie dye shirt that I made for my Disneyland trip in 2012...I am totally up for the pub crawl I cam do either beer or mixed drinks as long as there's no rum (we don't get along well)

I'm sure I missed something but hopefully you all can keep me on track.

Have a great night! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #653
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma

Jessica was so fun! You're both a great addition to the group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat
Hubby had his interview in San Fran yesterday. He thought it went well. They contacted all three of his references yesterday. Two of them think he will have an offer by the end of the week. Keep your fingers crossed... He gets this job and I get to plan my spring run to the Mouse House. LOL
Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoRocks
Hello ladies! Jumping in to say Hi! I have been reading since shortly before this last trip and I would like to join you all on the 2014 trip.

To introduce myself my name is Dawn and I live in Chandler AZ and have for the past 15 years since graduating college. I work at a VERY LARGE university here in the Phoenix area as an academic advisor. I LOVE my job and my students (co-workers not so much) but what can you do...

Now the important stuff...I am an Orange fan and I even have a lime green and Orange tie dye shirt that I made for my Disneyland trip in 2012...I am totally up for the pub crawl I cam do either beer or mixed drinks as long as there's no rum (we don't get along well)

Welcome, Dawn! It looks like you meet all the qualifications! You will love this group. Mew have entirely too much fun.

My name is Tina. I'm 41 (gasp), and a caterer in northern California.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #654
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Chandler??? I live in Chand

Old 03-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #655
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

.... ler. Got a little excited there.... sorry!

Old 03-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #656
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

Hi Tina! Thanks for the welcome!

Yep I'm right here in Chandler...sorry I can't see signatures on my phone so I don't know your name yet...we're neighbors! Yay!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #657
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your butterfly looks great. Any of mine look like the classic fails you see on pinterest or cake wreck.
I hadn't heard of cake wreck before...I have one I could probably post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoRocks View Post

Welcome! Sounds like you are a match for this group! Looking forward to getting to know you this year!

I'm SarahMay, 34 y/o mom, pto board member, and full time employee in a federal position (furlough anyone?) from Washington State.

My day was ok but I found out my son wasn't the top earner in his school this year so doesn't get to be principal for the day...bummer. He did win for his grade though so gets a trophy...at least it's something.

Laters,

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #658
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I do know you. Jessica hooked us right up. You got to witness the Stacie and Amy show in DCA if I recall correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
Practice makes perfect!
I have heard that. You must be excellent.

Quote:
I do not envy you trying to blow the yolk out that teeny tiny hole. Have not done it for a long time, but remember feeling like my eyes were going to explode out of my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Fabulous Lisa. With the dough, could buy another orange shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

Aw, you're welcome. We love it when y'all come to visit though. I'm quite sure that myself alone is not nearly enough entertainment for the clever Miss AmyOkraSue.

I think you might be right. Since it's just you and I here most of the time, I think we need to redecorate. I'm thinking an orange and black color scheme. To go with the ghosts.
Beth, you truly are an innovative and fearless leader. Totally think the orange and black theme rocks. My highschool colors were orange and black, so will remind me of home. *sniff.

And no worries Sugar, you keep me ever so amused.

Quote:

Okay, I know that I have proven to be a bit fickle...but today, DAWN is my favorite. Orange? Lime Green? Tie Dye? Holy Moly...we must have been separated at birth.

I cannot drink Rum either...bad experience with 151 rum in undergrad. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post

My name is Tina. I'm 41 (gasp), and a caterer in northern California.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Psssssttttt Tina, you failed to mention your fine ***. I will do the honors. Tina has a fine ***, we all admire it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post

My day was ok but I found out my son wasn't the top earner in his school this year so doesn't get to be principal for the day...bummer. He did win for his grade though so gets a trophy...at least it's something.

Laters,
A trophy is nice, but having the power of the principal is priceless. Always next year.

So, I have Pub Crawl news. I know you ALL have been holding your breath in anticipation of it.

Okay, here goes. We are going to have one.

Kidding. My DD is going to nerd/brainiac Math and Science camp in June, so while the mouse is away, the cat will play. Gonna go to DL with the president of the pubcrawl, Stacerita, and check out some locations. I think that should give Stace plenty of time to find her required orange shirt.

Orange, pubcrawl.

think I have covered it all.

Have an awesome tonight and Wednesday.
grumpyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #659
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Tina! Thanks for the welcome!

Yep I'm right here in Chandler...sorry I can't see signatures on my phone so I don't know your name yet...we're neighbors! Yay!
My phone is the same way. This is Karisa and I am a native of Chandler if you can believe it. We must chat!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #660
cittycat
Mouseketeer

Well once again I am behind in the thread....dang! I was doing so well the first 10 pages

I just thought I would pop in and say HI!! And that I want to be listed on the first page as "going" on the 2014 trip!

We leave at the a$$crack of dawn tomorrow for Disneyland.... just my girlie and me!! Yay!!
Checked Beth's packing list and I'm good to go!!!

We also found out today that Alison got her first (of what I hope will be many) scholarships!!!! She got a $500 scholarship today!! So excited for her!!!

Have a great week!!! Oh...and Hoppy Easter everyone!
cittycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: