Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #211
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hey Lyn, come on, let's go! I can be packed in a jiffy! Ah, if only.

I love Halloween, it's my favorite holiday, so I can totally get your husband wanting to go there that time of year. So fun. Jack is pretty awesome.

Sounds like you've been through a lot with all those surgeries, but what a great attitude you have!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #212
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
And I dunno what you all are talking about, only wearing the shirts once a year... I'm wearing mine to work as soon as I get around to doing laundry.
I wore my pink one when we had our family trip there last year. It's my favorite one. But, I like pink.
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #213
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I really liked the pink one. Pink is one of my favourite colours also. Baby pink is nice too.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #214
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Yay Andrea I LOVE it. Thank you SOOO much!!! And hey I even figured out how to do it!!

I agree I love ALL the shirts mel has designed. The first tink one we ordered from Zazzle and it was ok but NOTHING like Mel's lovely shirts. I don't think that white one would even fit me anymore as I have probably gained 60 lbs since that trip LOL. Heck maybe one day if I can ever get off my butt I will be able to fit in it again.

And the year with the pirate ones me and my lack of ability couldn't figure out the iron on so mom and I just made our own black jackets with a pirate princess decal and a diva one. That doesn't fit anymore either LOL.

I have worn the pink AND purple shirts around and I am sure I will wear the blue. I love them and always get compliments.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #215
Tiggerholic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hey Lyn, come on, let's go! I can be packed in a jiffy! Ah, if only.

I love Halloween, it's my favorite holiday, so I can totally get your husband wanting to go there that time of year. So fun. Jack is pretty awesome.

Sounds like you've been through a lot with all those surgeries, but what a great attitude you have!
I've got my AP, so I'm ready to go at a drop of the hat and this one doesn't expire until Oct 7, 2013 ... think we'll be getting another

The surgeries when I was younger weren't so bad, as kids are so resilient. A year ago was my 60th surgery, knee replacement, and that took a lot out of me. But I do believe in just pushing and pushing and taking NO for an answer I'm already looking forward to spending time at DLR without the ball and chain

Lyn
August 15, 2009

Tiggerholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #216
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerholic View Post
Oops! I totally missed this photo earlier. Great pic!! Those ears are so fun.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #217
Belle1997
I married a beast and found my prince
So please be nice to each other and think of others first, when you do magical things can happen for many more people
Answer is Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Here are everyones sigs that asked for them.

Awesome I love it thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #218
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here are everyones sigs that asked for them. Hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, please message me.

OOOH! I love it!! Thanks!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #219
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post

I like the idea of recycling the shirts as well. I didn't buy last year's shirt for pink day this year, but was able to find the right shade of pink at the Disney store. I think that worked out fine. And I dunno what you all are talking about, only wearing the shirts once a year... I'm wearing mine to work as soon as I get around to doing laundry.
I wear mine a lot too!

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #220
Belle1997
So please be nice to each other and think of others first, when you do magical things can happen for many more people
Answer is Yes!

Hi

I am just speaking up the for quiet members that think Orange is only good at Halloween. Or a great breakfast drink.

Has anyone thought of a burgundy or Maroon Seems the Orange group is speaking loud and clear. Or a royal green.

There are many colours of the rainbow Though white would not be a good choice if you do splash with out a rain poncho

Just wondering how difficult it may be to choose colours for a design that would go well with orange.

Now I will continue to keep watching the thread for the go with the orange glow gals
Old 03-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #221
mommaU4

For the record, I was kidding around about the neon orange. I mean, I'd wear it, but I'm not really pushing for it. Just being silly with the girls.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #222
Belle1997
Answer is Yes!

Quote:
For the record, I was kidding around about the neon orange. I mean, I'd wear it, but I'm not really pushing for it. Just being silly with the girls.
Yes I figure most of us are doing that. Way way to early to choose a colour.

Though I am totally enjoying the team Orange push ( or would that be team Orange Crush
Old 03-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #223
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karylrocks View Post

Sarah, can't wait to see you again!
Same here Carol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
Thanks for all the hellos!

Sarah---that would be so fun! Gosh doesnt that WDW trip seem like yesterday? It will be so fun to see Uncle Shirley again!
I know, right?!? It will be a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Oh oh oh....along with my collection of orange shirts, rest assured, I do indeed plan to pack pants!!!!
I sincerely appreciate this consecion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
I like you already.

Now seriously, how scary that your husband was shot in the line of duty. So lucky to come out alive, but tragic to be injured at all, and losing fingers is not a small thing.

I do hope you can make it. Join in and chat with us, and hopefully we will not frighten you away!!!
I agree! Glad he will be ok but scary! I hope his recovery goes well!

Quote:
I wore my pink one when we had our family trip there last year. It's my favorite one. But, I like pink.
I wear my pink one constantly...usually with the black zip up hoodie with the pirate design on it and today I wore the purple shirt to do pilates in! Mine get tons of use...but I must say the pink was my favorite! Mel you are so creative and I am so thankful for you and all your hard work!

Quote:
I really liked the pink one. Pink is one of my favourite colours also. Baby pink is nice too.
Pink!

As to Orange, my son's school colors are orange and black...I bought one plain orange shirt to wear to sporting events. It's not my fav color but I would much rather have an orange Diva shirt to wear during the school year than that plain boring orange shirt I bought. I like most colors though so whatever is decided on is good with me (except white...that tink shirt is the one I don't wear because it's basically see through when I sweat! TMI?)

Hey Beth...where did you find that picture of me on the front page? It's from the Cancun trip if I'm not mistaken. Lol! It surprised me when I saw it but is probably a more accurate representation of me than the last one that was up from a few years ago!

Oh, and I would love a sparkly signature! Favorite character is Tink but my favorite thing is the parks...I love the rides (especially BTMR!) I also love palm trees. TIA!

TTYL!

SarahMay

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #224
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hello everyone I'm jumping in and introducing myself on the invite of My friend Grumpy Grandma (Linda)
I've been wanting to do this Diva trip for a couple years now, as I find my family is waning in their Disney LOVE, but I am still longing for a taste of Disney once a yr, it seems! A girls only trip sounds amazing, a nice/ shortish getaway, but still lots of fun and an opportunity to make some new Dis friends!

We have had a tragic week....my hubby is a Sheriff in Alberta, Canada, and he was shot last week in the line of duty, thankful he only lost a finger or two on his hand from the gunshot, and not his life. He is home and recovering now, but it will probably be a long recovery, and our plans are somewhat up in the air. We are taking things one day at a time and are now in what we call the recovery process
All will be well in the end, as we are all together

I am hoping I can talk DH into letting me jump on board for 2014's trip. I am a WDW LOVER, but I have been wanting to get back to DL since 1990, when I first visited the mouse and fell in love
So....If all goes well, and I can swing it, I'd love to join the divas in 2014!

I live in Alberta, Canada. I have 2 boys: Josh who'll be 21 in June, and Andrew who just turned 17 yesterday. My sweet hubby has graciously allowed me two WDW trips without him -- one with Andrew in FEB2011, and one with both Andrew, Josh and my BFF just last OCT 2012. These where great fun, but I've been wanting to do a less expensive, gals only trip for a few yrs! Hoping this is the one
My next expected trip to WDW won't be until Jan/Feb 2015 for Andrew's graduation trip -- MY DH, myself,Andrew and his GF will be going on that trip. It will most likely be my last big WDW trip -- I can see dis diva trips becoming part of my future

As to shirt colours, if I can chime in as a newbie, LOL.....I love BRIGHT neon-ish colours! HOT PINK, ORANGE, LIME GREEN, Very BRIGHT BLUE ...those are all great, fun colours! As for dining, I am hoping to stay at DLH, and I've head SH55
Is amazing! I'm also interested in trying Blue Bayou

Would I be able to get one of those cute signatures?? I love Tink/ but there's a lot of people with Tink.....I also adore TIGGER he's my bouncy friend I love bling, so any way you want to create it is fine with me.....my name is Marie thank you so much
I look forward to getting to know you all better!!!
Marie
So glad to see you here my friend!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1997 View Post
Most printers have a mirror image that you click it will print the words backwards. A simple click then print Done it lots of time.

I would really like the purple castle one Pretty Pretty Pretty please. Also could I see a pic of the pink shirt blinged so when I figure it out I can try and bling it myself????

I really hate orange, do not own anything orange. I will respect all who love orange. If orange is the colour I will wear it because I am sure Mel can make any design look awesome on any colour shirt. So whatever the colour is no worries us Canadians are known to be peace keepers. So no complaints here
I agree I would LOVE the purple castle one too ..... pretty pretty pretty please with a cherry on top!!! Maybe if I could get the image I could figure out how to do the iron on transfer thing?????

Also just wanted to post so that you all could see my cute new Marie .... I love her!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #225
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Holy Moly...my gleeful Orange escapades have a title. The Orange Crush...or Orange Push up. No, the latter sounds more like a bra, than a movement.

I am thinking that I can wear orange on pink day since I was promised last year at some point when the shirt plan was made that pink would be only one more year.

LLPOF. (that would be liar liar pants on fire ). My pink one is in the donation bag in a bin on it's way to AmVets, so no pink for me.

I hope I get front row center for any pictures that involve the pink shirts so I can be spotted. Of course the orange might clash a wee. But I am FINE with making a spectacle of myself. Muhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

But I WILL be wearing pants.
grumpyvet is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: