Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #166
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Hi Marie! Welcome! I am from Alberta too! Nice to have you along. I sure can make you a sig, ill work on it this evening.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #167
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
-- ORANGE:
I like you already.

Now seriously, how scary that your husband was shot in the line of duty. So lucky to come out alive, but tragic to be injured at all, and losing fingers is not a small thing.

I do hope you can make it. Join in and chat with us, and hopefully we will not frighten you away!!!

Last edited by grumpyvet; 03-07-2013 at 04:30 PM.
grumpyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #168
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Hi Marie! Welcome! I am from Alberta too! Nice to have you along. I sure can make you a sig, ill work on it this evening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
I like you already.

Now seriously, how scary that your husband was shot in the line of duty. So lucky to come out alive, but tragic to be injured at all, and losing fingers is not small thing.

I do hope you can make it. Join in and chat with us, and hopefully we will not frighten you away!!!
AWE! thanks for the warm welcome already! "I think I'm gonna like it here" I was wondering is there a FB group? Can someone send me the link? I'm listed under Marie Buttree if you want to look me up
Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #169
Belle1997
I married a beast and found my prince
So please be nice to each other and think of others first, when you do magical things can happen for many more people
Answer is Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Amy, no offense taken.
I was just trying to explain myself.

For newbies who are interested, I think with someone's help, (LOL) that we could send you the pink DisDivaland image and the Carsland one. But the image has to opposite in order for the words to come out right. No clue on how to do that.
Most printers have a mirror image that you click it will print the words backwards. A simple click then print Done it lots of time.

I would really like the purple castle one Pretty Pretty Pretty please. Also could I see a pic of the pink shirt blinged so when I figure it out I can try and bling it myself????

I really hate orange, do not own anything orange. I will respect all who love orange. If orange is the colour I will wear it because I am sure Mel can make any design look awesome on any colour shirt. So whatever the colour is no worries us Canadians are known to be peace keepers. So no complaints here

Last edited by Belle1997; 03-07-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Belle1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #170
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Ladies, this is the reason for the tee shirt idea. We are already having issues over them.

No issues, just discussions. Discussions are a good thing.

If we go with something like this, then we don't have to through this year after year, and try to find a color we all like for Saturday.
Last year was a mess, and then we picked gray to compromise.

I'm not sure gray was a compromise. Some people actually liked it. I loved the gray shirt I wore. (thanks, Theresa for the loaner!) We will never find a color we all like. Never. Not just for Saturday, but any day. Even with the group shirts, some people didn't like the darker purple and wanted more of a lavender. Some didn't like the pink. So, then as a grown up, we can decide to either wear it and suck it up for one day, or not. I chose not to wear lime green this year. I was called a lame liar, or was it loser, for not wearing it, but hey, I can take it. lol

I'm not going to try to please everyone. If a color is decided on by the majority of the group (basically those who care to voice an opinion one way or another), then each individual has the choice to either wear it, or not. Simple.

I was given a idea, and thought it was great.
Ideas are good.

I was just trying to figure something out.
Nothing wrong with that.

I was not trying to go behind people's backs.
Of course not, no one said you were.

I was just asking for opinions while on the trip.
Okay.

A new plan was not set in motion while on the trip.
Well, it was because talking about something is, in my mind, setting it in motion. I know you were referencing my post and that is what I meant. NOT set in stone. That's not what I said. But yes, to me talking about something is setting it in motion. How far that motion goes is a different matter.

Nothing is set in stone.
We know that.

I just thought it was a good idea, and presented it to all of you now.
That is why I said, "I hope you all like it."
Fair enough. Ideas are meant to be shared. Ideas, suggestions, advice, hints, tips, you name it, have always and will always be welcomed within this group.

I was just trying to help.
We know. And, I hope you know that I do enjoy and love your shirts. For me, the two discussions are not even the same. Deciding what shirts to wear when, has nothing to do with my love of the shirts.

For the record. I like orange and V necks too.
Cool!! V-necks are always more flattering on all body types than a crew neck. Orange is the new black. I'm telling ya.
Okay, so my replies to you are above in blue.

Now, I just wanted to say that I was confused to even be revisiting the t-shirt discussion. I thought we'd reached a nice compromise last year that we'd all agreed on. Forgive me if I was mistaken. We, you and I, actually spoke in great length about it on the phone.

What we came up with was this: (and please do correct me if I am mistaken, it's been a few months and my memory might have failed me!)

Wed - lime green (the DISboard traditional color always worn first day of the trip)

Thurs - previous years shirt (so it gets worn twice, at least not including any mini meets or other chances to wear it)

Fri - new group tee

Sat - group coordinating color (this color will change every trip, some years I may like the color, others I may hate it, the choice becomes mine to wear that color or not)

Sun - favorite Disney shirt (this was implemented for the first time this year as we all know, and I thought it went well. It's the 5th day of the trip, if you don't know whose in your group by now, a matching shirt isn't going to help you, lol. This day every one has free choice of what to wear, including, but not limited to a previous year group shirt)

I really thought that was the compromise we'd come up with. That way, any one new to the group but still wanting to fit in and match, only has to purchase two shirts, the new group shirt, and the previous years shirt. Not as expensive as having to stock up on several shirts and yet they still feel totally included. Win-win.

For those who want to wear another of the previous year group shirts, they are able to do so on Sunday when you can wear your favorite Disney shirt. It's an option, but if you don't want to or don't have one you can also pick a Disney shirt from your closet and not feel left out.

It took me awhile to write this post because I hate typing things over the internet. They rarely come out sounding the way I intended them. But, Mel, you've know me for 6 years. You know I only have the best interest of everyone in the group, new and old, at heart. I wanted to make sure you know that my post was in no way meant to offend you, and if you were upset by my post, I apologize.

As I said before, I'm easy going with the shirts. It's just a shirt. I'm fine with anything.
Although.... I'm kinda digging on the orange now. For reals.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #171
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1997 View Post
Most printers have a mirror image that you click it will print the words backwards. A simple click then print Done it lots of time.
See, I thought it was easy. I did not realize it was THAT easy, might not have been so impressed by the help my DH provided.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #172
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Wed - lime green (the DISboard traditional color always worn first day of the trip)

Thurs - previous years shirt (so it gets worn twice, at least not including any mini meets or other chances to wear it)

Fri - new group tee

Sat - group coordinating color (this color will change every trip, some years I may like the color, others I may hate it, the choice becomes mine to wear that color or not)

Sun - favorite Disney shirt (this was implemented for the first time this year as we all know, and I thought it went well. It's the 5th day of the trip, if you don't know whose in your group by now, a matching shirt isn't going to help you, lol. This day every one has free choice of what to wear, including, but not limited to a previous year group shirt)

Although.... I'm kinda digging on the orange now. For reals.
That is how I remembered the decision last year...but am NOT going to go back and find it, that is for sure.

And ORANGE not just a color, but also a fruit. How that pertains...dunno?
Old 03-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #173
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Orange orange orange orange.

Okay, now I am just being silly and wasting time.

Shocking, I know.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #174
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post

I'd be careful about that...I've seen pajama pants and no bra wearing ladies at walmart.
Believe it or not, I've actually seen that at Disney, too! LOL There are some real fashion don't walking around that park.

Quote:
I am always so surprised what gets throught the censor and what does not. You can say "damn", but not "***" or "****s". Is that right?
****, now I wanna know what you said.

Quote:
Hello everyone I'm jumping in and introducing myself on the invite of My friend Grumpy Grandma (Linda)

We have had a tragic week....my hubby is a Sheriff in Alberta, Canada, and he was shot last week in the line of duty, thankful he only lost a finger or two on his hand from the gunshot, and not his life.

I live in Alberta, Canada. I have 2 boys: Josh who'll be 21 in June, and Andrew who just turned 17 yesterday.

As to shirt colours, if I can chime in as a newbie, LOL.....I love BRIGHT neon-ish colours! HOT PINK, ORANGE, LIME GREEN, Very BRIGHT BLUE ...those are all great, fun colours!
Hi, Marie!!

I'm so glad you're going to join us. I loved getting to know Linda and her daughter and I look forward to getting to know you as well.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband. How scary. When I read that he'd been shot, my heart skipped a beat! I have a son who's decided after graduation he wants to be a police officer and I am trying to be supportive but I worry. I'm glad you're husband is still there with you!

Hmmm, I have a daughter who's 16. Is your son Andrew cute? Just kidding!! lol

Bright, neon orange. You rock.

Oh, and it looks like there will be two Maries now! Awesome!
Old 03-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #175
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

Fri - new group tee

I like this plan.
wendylady36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #176
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
I like this plan.
Wendy, my monkey toed sister...you forgot to mention, and I am positive it was an oversight, that you were in support of orange as well.

I will put you on the list as pro-orange.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #177
wendylady36

Quote:
Wendy, my monkey toed sister...you forgot to mention, and I am positive it was an oversight, that you were in support of orange as well.

You noticed that, huh? Yeah...must have been a...oversight....
Old 03-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #178
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
You noticed that, huh? Yeah...must have been a...oversight....
It's okay, these things happen. We've got you down as pro-orange.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #179
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am always so surprised what gets throught the censor and what does not. You can say "damn", but not "***" or "****s". Is that right?
It appears to be right.

Quote:
Hello everyone I'm jumping in and introducing myself on the invite of My friend Grumpy Grandma (Linda)
I've been wanting to do this Diva trip for a couple years now, as I find my family is waning in their Disney LOVE, but I am still longing for a taste of Disney once a yr, it seems! A girls only trip sounds amazing, a nice/ shortish getaway, but still lots of fun and an opportunity to make some new Dis friends!

We have had a tragic week....my hubby is a Sheriff in Alberta, Canada, and he was shot last week in the line of duty, thankful he only lost a finger or two on his hand from the gunshot, and not his life. He is home and recovering now, but it will probably be a long recovery, and our plans are somewhat up in the air. We are taking things one day at a time and are now in what we call the recovery process
Marie
Hello and welcome Marie. How scary for your husband and family. I hope he is ok. But all I can think of is which fingers???? No more pinky promise? Or no more fonzies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1997 View Post
I really hate orange, do not own anything orange. I will respect all who love orange. If orange is the colour I will wear it because I am sure Mel can make any design look awesome on any colour shirt. So whatever the colour is no worries us Canadians are known to be peace keepers. So no complaints here
Glad you guys are known peace keepers. I'm more of the flamethrower kinda gal myself.

Quote:
That is how I remembered the decision last year...but am NOT going to go back and find it, that is for sure.

And ORANGE not just a color, but also a fruit. How that pertains...dunno?
Also a flavor.

Quote:

Pro Orange? We will look like we all got out of county lock up. For reals.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #180
wendylady36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
Pro Orange? We will look like we all got out of county lock up. For reals.
Bound to happen eventually. As long as we've got our lawyer with her lawyer voice, we'll be fine.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: