Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #1606
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World
 
pixidustmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 983

3months 2weeks 4days!!!
__________________

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
pixidustmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #1607
dec2009mama
Mouseketeer
 
dec2009mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC CANADA
Posts: 254

OMG -- I can't wait!!

I know the rest of the year is going to fly by for me!!!

Looking forward to meeting all of you for the first time!!!
__________________
One and Only WDW Visit: March 2013
DL Visits: Aug 2005, NYE 2007, Oct 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Nov 2012, May 2013
Feb 2014 with the DIVAs, May 2014 and Aug 2014

dec2009mama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #1608
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,245

I'll miss seeing you, Tracey! I'm glad we had that wonderful breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi when you were here. I know you'll have a wonderful time with you family in Hawaii.
mommaU4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #1609
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

If anyone is looking for a room for the trip please message me! We have 3 in our room but would prefer 4 to keep our costs down!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #1610
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!
 
MotoXPrincess99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 89 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth
Posts: 5,633

Hi all! I haven't been on here in forever! At least my mom keeps me updated. Not too much going on...I'm running the Palos Verdes Half Marathon on Saturday, then the Diva's Half in December and Tink Half in January.

I started a blog if anyone's interested...not much there now but there will be once I figure it all out. SarahSays

I love reading race reviews on blogs and I'm always reviewing stuff through Bzz Agent and I figured I try own of my own.
__________________

Last edited by MotoXPrincess99; 11-14-2013 at 11:11 PM.
MotoXPrincess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #1611
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,245

Hello, ladies. I hope you are all having a great weekend. As usual, it is going by too fast.

Ruben and Adam came home from CA yesterday. It was so good to have them back home. As many of you read on FB, his dad passed away on Friday. It's been rough on us all. He was like a second dad to me, not just an "in-law" if that makes sense. The funeral is next Friday, so we'll head back out there on Thursday. Thank you everyone for all the support you've shown us on Facebook. Honestly, it's the first loved one I personally have lost. Even my grandparents are still alive. (knock on wood!! lol)

Anyway, it's nice to have him back home and we are getting back into the routine of things again. Life does indeed go on, and we are thankful for the memories to cherish and look back on.


Just a quick reminder, sign-ups for the Christmas exchange will be ending on Tuesday, so if you are interested don't delay. Sign up now. We are at 14 sign-ups so far.

I guess that's it for now. Have a great Sunday everyone.
mommaU4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #1612
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers
 
tinkermell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central California
Posts: 7,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Well dear friends, I was about to sign on and add my sister and my cousin and her daughter to the trip. I even used the last of my southwest points and booked my sisters flight. And then I got the call...

My two year old search on RCI for a two bedroom villa at Aulani was matched and the date is for March the 2nd! My sister and son and my family and my cousins family have been planning a trip to Hawaii in June. But after talking to everyone and consulting my sisters treatment plan, we have decided to go ahead and move our trip up.

So I am very sad to say that I won't be coming on the diva trip after all. This year anyhow... I need to send my roomies a note and hopefully if they want someone else to stay with them, they will be able to fill my spot.

I will miss you all, but can't wait to hear all about it and see your pictures.

Tracey
Aw Tracey, we will miss you so much. But totally understand your reasons. I hope you have a very treasured time with your sister, and make many more happy memories together. Bless you!
__________________
tinkermell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #1613
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers
 
tinkermell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central California
Posts: 7,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
If anyone is looking for a room for the trip please message me! We have 3 in our room but would prefer 4 to keep our costs down!
Someone on Facebook was looking for a room mate. ? Can't remember who?
__________________
tinkermell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #1614
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers
 
tinkermell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central California
Posts: 7,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hello, ladies. I hope you are all having a great weekend. As usual, it is going by too fast.

Ruben and Adam came home from CA yesterday. It was so good to have them back home. As many of you read on FB, his dad passed away on Friday. It's been rough on us all. He was like a second dad to me, not just an "in-law" if that makes sense. The funeral is next Friday, so we'll head back out there on Thursday. Thank you everyone for all the support you've shown us on Facebook. Honestly, it's the first loved one I personally have lost. Even my grandparents are still alive. (knock on wood!! lol)

Anyway, it's nice to have him back home and we are getting back into the routine of things again. Life does indeed go on, and we are thankful for the memories to cherish and look back on.


Just a quick reminder, sign-ups for the Christmas exchange will be ending on Tuesday, so if you are interested don't delay. Sign up now. We are at 14 sign-ups so far.

I guess that's it for now. Have a great Sunday everyone.
Beth, I am so sorry for yours and Ruben's loss. It is so hard to lose a family member. Please give my regards and prayers to Ruben and your children too.
__________________
tinkermell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #1615
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 747

My heart goes out to you and your family. The death of a close loved one hurts so bad. I remember one time I needed some information that I knew my dad would know. I dialed Mom and Dad's house forgetting he was not earthly anymore. I hung up the phone and cried my heart out. I wish for you and yours the ability to find comfort in the memories of your father in law. Stay strong.

Patty


Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hello, ladies. I hope you are all having a great weekend. As usual, it is going by too fast.

Ruben and Adam came home from CA yesterday. It was so good to have them back home. As many of you read on FB, his dad passed away on Friday. It's been rough on us all. He was like a second dad to me, not just an "in-law" if that makes sense. The funeral is next Friday, so we'll head back out there on Thursday. Thank you everyone for all the support you've shown us on Facebook. Honestly, it's the first loved one I personally have lost. Even my grandparents are still alive. (knock on wood!! lol)

Anyway, it's nice to have him back home and we are getting back into the routine of things again. Life does indeed go on, and we are thankful for the memories to cherish and look back on.


Just a quick reminder, sign-ups for the Christmas exchange will be ending on Tuesday, so if you are interested don't delay. Sign up now. We are at 14 sign-ups so far.

I guess that's it for now. Have a great Sunday everyone.
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #1616
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,245

Good morning, ladies. Happy Veterans Day. Thank you to all those who serve and protect our country, including some of our very own Divas!








Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Someone on Facebook was looking for a room mate. ? Can't remember who?
Michele S. was, but she found a room.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Beth, I am so sorry for yours and Ruben's loss. It is so hard to lose a family member. Please give my regards and prayers to Ruben and your children too.
Thank-you, Mel. I will be sure to do that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post
My heart goes out to you and your family. The death of a close loved one hurts so bad. I remember one time I needed some information that I knew my dad would know. I dialed Mom and Dad's house forgetting he was not earthly anymore. I hung up the phone and cried my heart out. I wish for you and yours the ability to find comfort in the memories of your father in law. Stay strong.

Patty


Aw, that is a sad story. I'm sure there will be good days and bad days ahead, especially with the holidays approaching, but as you said, we have wonderful memories to cherish.
mommaU4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #1617
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,245

Hello ladies!

Christmas exchange sign-ups have ended and as promised, I am beginning sign-ups for our annual Christmas card exchange. I will start taking names & addresses today through Wednesday, the 27th. Names/addresses will go out that morning.

For those of you who are new to the card exchange, it's simple.
First of all, who doesn't love getting Christmas cards? Come on. I'm practically the Grinch's long lost sister, and even I love getting a festive card in the mail. Much nicer than bills!

So, if you are interested, all you have to do is send me a PM, either here or on FB, with your name and address. (PLEASE double check for accuracy, thanks.) Then on November 27, all those who signed up will receive a PM with the names/addresses to send to. In other words, everyone on the list will send a card to you, and you send one to them! Easy.

The only thing I ask is that if you sign up, please be prepared to send a card to every person on the list. Don't worry. It's not like you are signing up to send out 100-plus cards! Typically we average around 20 sign-ups, so I'm guessing it will be about the same this year. Also, while there is no set mail-by date, obviously the cards should arrive before Christmas.

If you have any questions, just let me know. And, you can check Pinterest for cool ideas on how to display your cards. Ho, Ho, Ho!
__________________
mommaU4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #1618
sierranevada
DISDiva
 
sierranevada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,425

Just a quick post for those not on FB regarding the Scavy Hunt. It will be on Friday again like last year but we will be starting a little later. Friday is the extra magic hour for hotel guests at DCA and since that is such a great perk, we did not want the Divas to miss it! That later start time will give you several hours to get everything done that morning in DCA and still be able to participate!

More info and details will be post in Jan when we announce the teams.
__________________





sierranevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #1619
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!
 
MotoXPrincess99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 89 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth
Posts: 5,633

Drive by hi!

Not much going on, except I am running the Palos Verdes Half Marathon tomorrow.
__________________
MotoXPrincess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #1620
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World
 
pixidustmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 983

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
Just a quick post for those not on FB regarding the Scavy Hunt. It will be on Friday again like last year but we will be starting a little later. Friday is the extra magic hour for hotel guests at DCA and since that is such a great perk, we did not want the Divas to miss it! That later start time will give you several hours to get everything done that morning in DCA and still be able to participate!

More info and details will be post in Jan when we announce the teams.
That's a great idea. This will be my first time doing it. I am looking forward to being a participant.

Look at my ticker for how quickly things are coming together.
__________________

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
pixidustmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: