Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #1606
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

3months 2weeks 4days!!!

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
pixidustmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #1607
dec2009mama
Mouseketeer

OMG -- I can't wait!!

I know the rest of the year is going to fly by for me!!!

Looking forward to meeting all of you for the first time!!!

dec2009mama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #1608
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

I'll miss seeing you, Tracey! I'm glad we had that wonderful breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi when you were here. I know you'll have a wonderful time with you family in Hawaii.
mommaU4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #1609
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

If anyone is looking for a room for the trip please message me! We have 3 in our room but would prefer 4 to keep our costs down!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #1610
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Hi all! I haven't been on here in forever! At least my mom keeps me updated. Not too much going on...I'm running the Palos Verdes Half Marathon on Saturday, then the Diva's Half in December and Tink Half in January.

I started a blog if anyone's interested...not much there now but there will be once I figure it all out. SarahSays

I love reading race reviews on blogs and I'm always reviewing stuff through Bzz Agent and I figured I try own of my own.

Last edited by MotoXPrincess99; 11-14-2013 at 11:11 PM.
MotoXPrincess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #1611
mommaU4

Hello, ladies. I hope you are all having a great weekend. As usual, it is going by too fast.

Ruben and Adam came home from CA yesterday. It was so good to have them back home. As many of you read on FB, his dad passed away on Friday. It's been rough on us all. He was like a second dad to me, not just an "in-law" if that makes sense. The funeral is next Friday, so we'll head back out there on Thursday. Thank you everyone for all the support you've shown us on Facebook. Honestly, it's the first loved one I personally have lost. Even my grandparents are still alive. (knock on wood!! lol)

Anyway, it's nice to have him back home and we are getting back into the routine of things again. Life does indeed go on, and we are thankful for the memories to cherish and look back on.

Just a quick reminder, sign-ups for the Christmas exchange will be ending on Tuesday, so if you are interested don't delay. Sign up now. We are at 14 sign-ups so far.

I guess that's it for now. Have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #1612
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Well dear friends, I was about to sign on and add my sister and my cousin and her daughter to the trip. I even used the last of my southwest points and booked my sisters flight. And then I got the call...

My two year old search on RCI for a two bedroom villa at Aulani was matched and the date is for March the 2nd! My sister and son and my family and my cousins family have been planning a trip to Hawaii in June. But after talking to everyone and consulting my sisters treatment plan, we have decided to go ahead and move our trip up.

So I am very sad to say that I won't be coming on the diva trip after all. This year anyhow... I need to send my roomies a note and hopefully if they want someone else to stay with them, they will be able to fill my spot.

I will miss you all, but can't wait to hear all about it and see your pictures.

Tracey
Aw Tracey, we will miss you so much. But totally understand your reasons. I hope you have a very treasured time with your sister, and make many more happy memories together. Bless you!
Old 11-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #1613
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
If anyone is looking for a room for the trip please message me! We have 3 in our room but would prefer 4 to keep our costs down!
Someone on Facebook was looking for a room mate. ? Can't remember who?
Old 11-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #1614
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hello, ladies. I hope you are all having a great weekend. As usual, it is going by too fast.

Ruben and Adam came home from CA yesterday. It was so good to have them back home. As many of you read on FB, his dad passed away on Friday. It's been rough on us all. He was like a second dad to me, not just an "in-law" if that makes sense. The funeral is next Friday, so we'll head back out there on Thursday. Thank you everyone for all the support you've shown us on Facebook. Honestly, it's the first loved one I personally have lost. Even my grandparents are still alive. (knock on wood!! lol)

Anyway, it's nice to have him back home and we are getting back into the routine of things again. Life does indeed go on, and we are thankful for the memories to cherish and look back on.

Just a quick reminder, sign-ups for the Christmas exchange will be ending on Tuesday, so if you are interested don't delay. Sign up now. We are at 14 sign-ups so far.

Beth, I am so sorry for yours and Ruben's loss. It is so hard to lose a family member. Please give my regards and prayers to Ruben and your children too.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #1615
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

My heart goes out to you and your family. The death of a close loved one hurts so bad. I remember one time I needed some information that I knew my dad would know. I dialed Mom and Dad's house forgetting he was not earthly anymore. I hung up the phone and cried my heart out. I wish for you and yours the ability to find comfort in the memories of your father in law. Stay strong.

Patty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #1616
mommaU4

Good morning, ladies. Happy Veterans Day. Thank you to all those who serve and protect our country, including some of our very own Divas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Someone on Facebook was looking for a room mate. ? Can't remember who?
Michele S. was, but she found a room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Beth, I am so sorry for yours and Ruben's loss. It is so hard to lose a family member. Please give my regards and prayers to Ruben and your children too.
Thank-you, Mel. I will be sure to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post
My heart goes out to you and your family. The death of a close loved one hurts so bad. I remember one time I needed some information that I knew my dad would know. I dialed Mom and Dad's house forgetting he was not earthly anymore. I hung up the phone and cried my heart out. I wish for you and yours the ability to find comfort in the memories of your father in law. Stay strong.

Patty

Aw, that is a sad story. I'm sure there will be good days and bad days ahead, especially with the holidays approaching, but as you said, we have wonderful memories to cherish.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #1617
mommaU4

Hello ladies!

Christmas exchange sign-ups have ended and as promised, I am beginning sign-ups for our annual Christmas card exchange. I will start taking names & addresses today through Wednesday, the 27th. Names/addresses will go out that morning.

For those of you who are new to the card exchange, it's simple.
First of all, who doesn't love getting Christmas cards? Come on. I'm practically the Grinch's long lost sister, and even I love getting a festive card in the mail. Much nicer than bills!

So, if you are interested, all you have to do is send me a PM, either here or on FB, with your name and address. (PLEASE double check for accuracy, thanks.) Then on November 27, all those who signed up will receive a PM with the names/addresses to send to. In other words, everyone on the list will send a card to you, and you send one to them! Easy.

The only thing I ask is that if you sign up, please be prepared to send a card to every person on the list. Don't worry. It's not like you are signing up to send out 100-plus cards! Typically we average around 20 sign-ups, so I'm guessing it will be about the same this year. Also, while there is no set mail-by date, obviously the cards should arrive before Christmas.

If you have any questions, just let me know. And, you can check Pinterest for cool ideas on how to display your cards. Ho, Ho, Ho!
Old 11-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #1618
sierranevada
DISDiva

Just a quick post for those not on FB regarding the Scavy Hunt. It will be on Friday again like last year but we will be starting a little later. Friday is the extra magic hour for hotel guests at DCA and since that is such a great perk, we did not want the Divas to miss it! That later start time will give you several hours to get everything done that morning in DCA and still be able to participate!

More info and details will be post in Jan when we announce the teams.

sierranevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #1619
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Drive by hi!

Not much going on, except I am running the Palos Verdes Half Marathon tomorrow.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #1620
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
Just a quick post for those not on FB regarding the Scavy Hunt. It will be on Friday again like last year but we will be starting a little later. Friday is the extra magic hour for hotel guests at DCA and since that is such a great perk, we did not want the Divas to miss it! That later start time will give you several hours to get everything done that morning in DCA and still be able to participate!

More info and details will be post in Jan when we announce the teams.
That's a great idea. This will be my first time doing it. I am looking forward to being a participant.

Look at my ticker for how quickly things are coming together.

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
pixidustmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: