Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #1531
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Congrats Katie!

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #1532
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Hey! Is anyone going to be at DL the last week of October? A friend of mine from Utah is looking at going Monday-Wednesday that week, and I may pop down either Mon/Tues or Tues/Weds. Still tentative, but if I make it down there, I'd love to see any Divas I can!

LisaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #1533
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good morning, ladies! Happy Monday.... not! Going to bed at 1 a.m. and waking up at 6 a.m. is not fun. I wouldn't recommend it.
Hope y'all have a great day!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #1534
mommaU4

Hello ladies,

I'd like to share with you something new that we are doing this year. A Diva group Meal Planning Committee. The reason behind the formation of this committee basically boils down to numbers. We are now a group of 100-plus members! It's very exciting to see our huge growth from year one, but when it comes to things like meal planning and reservations, I knew some changes would have to be made.

In the past, we've discussed meal options on our trip thread, and those who had an opinion or preference, were able to share it. With such a high number of attendees this year, most likely that discussion would only lead to chaos and nothing really being accomplished.

To avoid that, I invited a couple of ladies, chosen based on a range of income, age, number of years with the group, and even food preferences, to be on the first ever meal planning committee. This year's members are Tina, Cheryl, Trudi, Kandace, Bridget, Capri, and myself.
We have been working for the past month on forming a schedule of meal options that include a variety of both counter service as well as table service meals. I believe we have come up with a good selection that will appeal to most, if not all, of the group.

The meal sign-ups will begin next week sometime so keep an eye out for that. The meal selections will be posted, along with a couple new guidelines that we've had to implement not only due to the size of our group, but also based on Disney's new policy regarding no-shows at meals. So, when that post is made, please make sure to read it thoroughly, and make your selections carefully.

I'd like to thank all the members of this year's planning committee. They've done a great job! I'd also like to note that this committee will be changing members from year to year, so those on the committee for the 2014 trip, will not serve on the committee for the 2015 trip. That way we can get fresh voices and opinions each time.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here. Otherwise, keep an eye out for the meal sign-ups to begin next week. Thanks, ladies! Looking forward to a great trip!!
Old 09-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #1535
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Beth, you're making me even more excited for this year's trip! Or is it next year's trip? Whichever! Now if I can just decide whether to commit to the meet and greet.....

Sent from the Death Star

ten6mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #1536
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hello ladies,

I'd like to share with you something new that we are doing this year. A Diva group Meal Planning Committee. The reason behind the formation of this committee basically boils down to numbers. We are now a group of 100-plus members! It's very exciting to see our huge growth from year one, but when it comes to things like meal planning and reservations, I knew some changes would have to be made.

In the past, we've discussed meal options on our trip thread, and those who had an opinion or preference, were able to share it. With such a high number of attendees this year, most likely that discussion would only lead to chaos and nothing really being accomplished.

To avoid that, I invited a couple of ladies, chosen based on a range of income, age, number of years with the group, and even food preferences, to be on the first ever meal planning committee. This year's members are Tina, Cheryl, Trudi, Kandace, Bridget, Capri, and myself.
We have been working for the past month on forming a schedule of meal options that include a variety of both counter service as well as table service meals. I believe we have come up with a good selection that will appeal to most, if not all, of the group.

The meal sign-ups will begin next week sometime so keep an eye out for that. The meal selections will be posted, along with a couple new guidelines that we've had to implement not only due to the size of our group, but also based on Disney's new policy regarding no-shows at meals. So, when that post is made, please make sure to read it thoroughly, and make your selections carefully.

I'd like to thank all the members of this year's planning committee. They've done a great job! I'd also like to note that this committee will be changing members from year to year, so those on the committee for the 2014 trip, will not serve on the committee for the 2015 trip. That way we can get fresh voices and opinions each time.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here. Otherwise, keep an eye out for the meal sign-ups to begin next week. Thanks, ladies! Looking forward to a great trip!!
It was a pleasure being on the committee!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #1537
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

I think the meal planning committee is an awesome idea! Thanks to everyone serving. I know you all work so hard and I always appreciate it.

Congratulations to Wendy on your darling girl, and to Katie on your darling girl to come. It does give me a momentary twinge of baby envy, but just a tiny one.

I am enjoying my freedom as it arrives, with a 10 year old and a 17 year old.

Ladies,
I have a week in a 1 bedroom at Saratoga Springs reserved for Dec 15th that I am not going to be able to use. I just realized it was going to cost me about $300 to cancel it. If you or anyone you know could use this week, please pm me.

Don't know when I will be back on, as times are crazy. Thank you all for your kind messages and prayers for my sister. She has gotten through her first chemo treatment and hopefully will be home soon.

Tracey
Old 10-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #1538
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
I think the meal planning committee is an awesome idea! Thanks to everyone serving. I know you all work so hard and I always appreciate it.

Congratulations to Wendy on your darling girl, and to Katie on your darling girl to come. It does give me a momentary twinge of baby envy, but just a tiny one.

I am enjoying my freedom as it arrives, with a 10 year old and a 17 year old.

Ladies,
I have a week in a 1 bedroom at Saratoga Springs reserved for Dec 15th that I am not going to be able to use. I just realized it was going to cost me about $300 to cancel it. If you or anyone you know could use this week, please pm me.

Don't know when I will be back on, as times are crazy. Thank you all for your kind messages and prayers for my sister. She has gotten through her first chemo treatment and hopefully will be home soon.

Tracey
Tracey, I am sorry I didn't know that your sister has cancer. I know how that feels. I hope that the chemo helps. If you get back on, what is your sister's name? I will keep her in my prayers.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #1539
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

A big thank you to our meal planning committee!
I know that with such a big group, this will help tremendously!

I know that Beth will probably post this on the front page, but if any of you don't like any of the options, you are not stuck with them. Just eat whatever you want.
No worries!

Anyways, looking forward to the schedule!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #1540
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Good morning, ladies! Happy Monday.... not! Going to bed at 1 a.m. and waking up at 6 a.m. is not fun. I wouldn't recommend it.
Hope y'all have a great day!
11PM and 5AM here, so I truly feel your pain. LOL

And HOORAY for the dining committee!!!!

LisaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #1541
mommaU4

Hello, ladies! Just wanted to check in before heading off to finish getting ready. We are leaving tomorrow for CA for some spooky fun at Knott's Scary Farm, then a visit with the in-laws. I'll be back Sunday and will check in then. For those doing the Halloween exchange, just a reminder that the mail by date is Friday! Try to send on time. Thanks. Toodles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post
Beth, you're making me even more excited for this year's trip! Or is it next year's trip? Whichever! Now if I can just decide whether to commit to the meet and greet.....

Sent from the Death Star
Hi, Karisa! Yay for being excited. It's going to be great and the next few months will fly by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
It was a pleasure being on the committee!
Thanks for your help, Trudi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post

Tracey
Tracey, thinking of you and your sister. Thanks for the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
I know that Beth will probably post this on the front page, but if any of you don't like any of the options, you are not stuck with them. Just eat whatever you want.
No worries!
Yep, thanks, Mel! I posted that on Facebook but not here. These meals are optional, so if your favorite isn't on there, feel free to grab a couple Divas and make your own reservations.

Sorry I missed meeting up with you! I wish I'd remembered when you were coming. I would have loved to see you. I'm glad you had fun though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
11PM and 5AM here, so I truly feel your pain. LOL
One day, I hope to get a good, full nights sleep!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #1542
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Tracey, I am sorry I didn't know that your sister has cancer. I know how that feels. I hope that the chemo helps. If you get back on, what is your sister's name? I will keep her in my prayers.
Thanks Mel! Her name is Shelli and I hope she will be well enough to go on the ladies trip with us. I had just about gotten her convinced that she needed to go.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #1543
karylrocks
I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....

I know it is getting close to the commit date and I have decided that I will not be coming on this year's trip. Beth, would you please remove me and Lisa (Rapunzel) from the lists? I have an opportunity to join Stacie, Vicki and Heather (and Linda!) at WDW for MouseAdventure next month, and am choosing to do that instead this time. Probably the last time for WDW MA and I had so much fun there last year! I am currently unemployed (again) and taking advantage of the time off; I will hopefully be employed by next February so this way I don't have to worry about getting time off.

It was great spending time with so many ladies last week for MA! I will be at DL with Mike for a week in December so maybe I can hook up with someone while he is at his conference, and I am hoping that we can do a family trip for spring MA.

Have a great trip Beth! (Although it will be after you get back before you see this)

Disneyland: 1964, 1977, 1979, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Walt Disney World: 1994, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013
DCL: Wonder-10 Night Southern Caribbean 2006, Mexican Riviera 2011; Magic-Inaugural Galveston 2012
Aulani: May 2012
karylrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #1544
mommaU4

Hi, ladies!
I'm back! We had a nice time. Went to Knott's Scary Farm, saw some family, went to the beach, an Oktoberfest festival, a pumpkin patch and some other fun things. It was hot though. I guess they were having a heat wave. And, super windy!!
Hope y'all had a good weekend.

Carol, I am sorry to hear you won't be able to make the trip. I'm glad I got to see you this past June then. WDW will be fun! Enjoy!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #1545
mommaU4

Meals are posted!!

Check the front page of the thread for meal options. And, very important, please check our Facebook page for new policies we are implementing regarding meals. If you do not have access to Facebook, let me know and I will make sure to get the information to you.

Looking forward to food, fun, and friends!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: