Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2014, 06:02 PM   #1
Little c Travel
Earning My Ears

In & Out Burger

I will be traveling to Disneyland Resort for the Star Wars 1/2 Marathon and was wondering how hard it will be to go to an In & Out Burger. We are not renting a car just taking transportation down to our hotel. We will be a Disneyland for 4 days and I don't want to waste a lot of time going to an In & Out Burger however I would love to try one.

They don't happen to have an LAX location do they?
Little c Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #2
SMD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little c Travel View Post
I will be traveling to Disneyland Resort for the Star Wars 1/2 Marathon and was wondering how hard it will be to go to an In & Out Burger. We are not renting a car just taking transportation down to our hotel. We will be a Disneyland for 4 days and I don't want to waste a lot of time going to an In & Out Burger however I would love to try one.

They don't happen to have an LAX location do they?
There's a a location on Sepulveda just north of LAX, but due to corner that it's on it would require a car. The closest In n Out is on Brookhurst and Orange Ave. I'm not sure if ART goes there, but it looks like if you take OCTA you'd have to transfer at Ball Rd or walk to Ball. You should ask at your hotel, they would know if there's a direct bus that goes to another In N Out, like the one in Fullerton.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #3
MouseEXP
Mouseketeer

Google In n Out secret menu.
I recommend
Double Double Animal Style
Well Done fries
and a shake of some sort.
MouseEXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #4
SMD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseEXP View Post
Google In n Out secret menu.
I recommend
Double Double Animal Style
Well Done fries
and a shake of some sort.
Neapolitan shake.

I second well done fries and will add whole grilled onions as a recommendation.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:09 PM   #5
Pucka1378
Mouseketeer

Personally I don't think In in Out is worth all that effort.

I know most will disagree with me.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:10 PM   #6
Mister Skellington
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucka1378 View Post

I will be the first to COMPLETELY agree with you.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:19 PM   #7
keltiesmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Personally I don't think In in Out is worth all that effort. I know most will disagree with me.
I second that! I was so disappointed. We drove all over trying to get there and by the time we got back with it it was soggy. Maybe if we are in it WOC have been better.
keltiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:32 PM   #8
ClaraOswald
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I agree. I don't get why people go crazy for it. I swear the only people who do are people who grew up in Southern California or something.

I think Five Guys burgers are way better.
ClaraOswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:48 PM   #9
Tasscrapper
I belive in dragons, unicorns, good men and other mythical creatures.

I'm another person who just doesn't get the hype of In in Out. When they came to Utah I went with a friend who raves about them and have only been back once for a shake. That was a couple years ago and it is now literally one of the closest restaurants to my house . . . I would much rather go get a Famous Star hamburger from Carl's Jr. Actually I would much rather eat pretty much anywhere but there.

Funny thing is I go out of my way to get Thrifty's Chocolate Malted Crunch ice cream when I go to Disneyland and I am sure other people think it is only mediocre and not worth the hassle.

The question becomes if your desire to try something is worth the time and hassle on a vacation that you have likely spent hundreds to thousands of dollars to do. Have fun deciding.
Me, DH April 26-27Me, DH, DD 13, DS 12, DS 9 January 19-24 2014Me, two friends and a friend of a friend October 2013Me and DH September 27-30 2011 @Peacock SuitesMe, Big Sis, Big Bro, dd14,dd9,ds7,ds5 Aug2-6 @Comfort Inn Maingate Me and Dh July 12-15 @ Crown PlazaMe. Big Bro, dd13, ds4 June 4-9 @Del Sol
Me, Big Bro, dd 8, ds 7, ds4 Feb 1-5 @Peacock SuitesDH, me, dd13, dd8, ds4, ds6 Dec. 08 @ Peacock Suites Dh and me August 08 @ Anaheim Plaza
Tasscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:00 AM   #10
SMD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasscrapper View Post
Funny thing is I go out of my way to get Thrifty's Chocolate Malted Crunch ice cream when I go to Disneyland and I am sure other people think it is only mediocre and not worth the hassle.

The question becomes if your desire to try something is worth the time and hassle on a vacation that you have likely spent hundreds to thousands of dollars to do. Have fun deciding.
No, that ice cream is totally worth it. I've had 2 conversations this week that included agreeing that that is their best flavor.

I don't eat meat, so I can't say if it's the best patty. But the sauce and the grilled onions are pretty darn good. I think a lot of the appeal comes from the simplicity and the excitement of being in-the-know. The menu has 6 items, yet there's the secret menu where you can make dozens or hundreds of combinations, but you have to know what's on it, you can't just walk in and read it off the signs on the wall.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:09 AM   #11
Epek
Mouseketeer

I think a big draw for a lot of people is the freshness and real factor. Unlike most fast food, it's almost healthy! None of that pink slime.
Epek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:37 AM   #12
mr.bungle
DIS Veteran

I used to be a huge in n out fanatic and was very excited when i moved to texas and they expanded to my town. Now I'm back in CA and in n out is always solid but I tend to go more for Hook Burger or the Counter now. Not so much the fast food burgers.

The LAX location is super busy but close to the airport and worth checking out if you have time. Otherwisem download the app and it will find the closest one to wherever you are.
mr.bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:51 AM   #13
MonkeyDishwasher
Yes!!! I got the first non-topic starter post! Do I get a medal or something?

The 3 closest locations are: Brookhurst and Orange, in Fullerton at Orangewood and Harbor, and a soon to open location at Ball and State College. All 3 will require a car of some sort (rental, Uber, whatever).

I'll take a Cheeseburger animal style, fries, and a strawberry/vanilla shake while you're there!
MonkeyDishwasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:09 AM   #14
McNs
Earning My Ears

The one in Fullerton would be easiest to get to, only a few miles north on Harbour Blvd. Looks like there is an OCTA bus #43 that runs up and down Harbour fairly regularly.
McNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:19 AM   #15
mfleeting
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Personally I don't think In in Out is worth all that effort. I know most will disagree with me.
Totally agree. My husband use to always want to eat there when we would visit Dallas, TX now that we have one in Austin we never go. I think he realized that they aren't that good.
mfleeting is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: