|03-05-2013, 02:03 PM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Allentown, PA
We are planning a WDW (& Universal) trip for mid-May. We have good friends in Orlando who would love for us to stay with them, but our DD also wants the experience of staying in one of the Disney properties. We arrived at a compromise by staying 2 nights with our friends and 3 nights at a resort.
However, the logistics are a little daunting. Questions:
1) We won't need transportation from the airport when we arrive, but we do want to utilize it back TO the airport from the resort. Can we do it one way only?
2) On the day of the "switch", we will be driving a rental car to MK, then leaving mid-day to do check-in at the resort. Does the whole family have to check in together, or can one of us take care of it while the rest stays in MK?
3) When we have to return the rental car, then get back to the resort, can we get a taxi to do that? Is there some ID we have to show to get back into the resort?
PHOTOS FROM MARCH 1-4, 2007 DISNEY WONDER: http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/Turtletyson
|03-05-2013, 02:10 PM||#2|
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Frisco, Texas
2) Only the credit card holder needs to check in. You can also check in online and then pick up your room keys at the end of the day if you'd prefer.
3) Your room key will get you back into the resort. There is also a guard there that you can explain the situation to if your key doesn't work for some reason and they will let you in.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip
Next trip -
|03-05-2013, 02:11 PM||#3|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern ,New Jersey
2)No the whole family doesn't have to be there.
3) Usually they have a shuttle to either pick you up and/ or drop you back off at the resort. The car rental service, that is.
1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|