Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #16
KateB
Mouseketeer

Not a problem! When they asked us in January if there were any other celebrations listed my mom said her birthday was in a month. They asked if she would be back before her birthday and she said no. They then gave her a button and said well its time to celebrate. Enjoy!
August 2012- 3 year Anniversary- Saratoga Springs!!!!

KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #17
justlook3
Mouseketeer

We went on our honeymoon two months after we married because it worked out better with our school schedules. We had our vow renewal in May even though we married in September because I wanted to be a spring bride. It's not like a birthday where you may be getting something free and they want proof. You are celebrating your anniversary just not on the exact date.
Most recent trips: 2004 (3), 2005(2),2008
justlook3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #18
puertorican00676
Earning My Ears

Last year we celebrated our aniversary a month later. We got our aniversary buttons and celebrated with a nice dinner at Citricos. Disney celebrate their aniversaries for years at a time, why not celebrate with a month or two of difference? Hope you have a great time!
puertorican00676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #19
Samar
DIS Veteran

Absolutely! We even got the Anniversary pins at Magic Kingdom and the CM wrote "10 years" with a Mickey head on it Hubby was being a spoil sport by not wearing his pin but I had it on my backpack and had random people say "Happy Anniversary!" LOVED IT!

99- ASMu 00- Off 01- Off 03- Off (mom's house) 05-Off (mom's) 06- Off Dec/Jan 08- High Point World Resort and The Palms Hotel and Villas AKL-Jambo July, 2010 POR August 2012 Disney Dream- 1st cruise! Sept 2013
Samar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #20
White Rose
Mouseketeer

No one has ever questioned us at WDW, but when we went to vegas for our 2nd anniversary, we were asked for proof. (we got an awesome 2 room suite upgrade for pennies.)

We always travel over our dates, if possible. The only exception was when we went on an alaskan cruise....it was not offered in Oct....

I would only say I was celebrating my anniversary, and it was not my anniversary, if the place I wanted to visit was not available on my exact date...(like my cruise above.)

We went on a disney two night cruise out of NYC, and it did not sail from NYC over my birthday so I felt comfortable saying we were celebrating...but nothing was done for me.

I would never say I was celebrating my July birthday in october, or my hubby's january birthday, it just does not feel right to me...but since my oct 12 anniversary is right in the middle of our trip - I will be celebrating!!!

(I've been a silent observer to the boards for a time...Hi!)
White Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #21
nblake05
Mouseketeer

We do it all the time! DH is a pilot and there is NO WAY he will ever get vacation time at the end of June, when our anniversary is... Actually it is amazing he ever got the time off so we could elope! Our yearly vacation (whether to Disney or somewhere else) is our big anniversary gift to each other... So we celebrate whenever he is able to secure vacation time. Sometimes it falls on the anniversary of our honeymoon which is nice, but not always. I've even explained this to CMs when booking and they don't mind at all! I don't feel like I'm lying at all because it IS when we're celebrating. In the airline industry we are always celebrating things at off times..so you get to this point where you know that any celebration is about the people you're with and the love you have for them.... NOT about a date on a calendar.

Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.--Walt Disney
nblake05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #22
katy621

My anniversary is June 21st, but DH & I can't go to DLR or WDW because of scheduling conflicts at work, so we go when we can. We always get our anniversary pins at City Hall and proudly wear them with no problems. Enjoy your anniversary!

katy621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #23
swebb0310
Mouseketeer

When I asked a CM about wearing a birthday button when celebrating my birthday, even though it was not my actual birthday, I got this response:
"As long as you are celebrating within 6 months before or 6 months after your birthday." That goes for other celebrations as well!
swebb0310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #24
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Absolutely! I think Disney World is such a big trip to take that it encompasses everything you're celebrating that year! (At least that's how I view it, since I can't visit as much as I would like!)

ME (28) DF (29)
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #25
gingerbcop
Earning My Ears

We have often gone in March and used that as our February 20th Anniversary celebration. This year we are actually celebrating our 25th at DW and not going until May 27th, but the DW cast members will be as pleasant as ever and treat us like it our special day...everyday. DW is truly the happiest place on Earth to celebrate special occasions8

July 2006 Full Ginger Family (DW, DS1, DS2, DS3, DS4, DS5, DSisinlaw, & I) @ Coronado Springs Resort for D.A.R.E. Conference.
March 2010 Ginger Parents (DW & I) @ Caribbean Beach Resort for 23rd Anniversary.
March 2011 Ginger Parents (DW & I) @ Port Orleans Resort - Riverside for 24th Anniversary.
October 2011 Ginger Partial Family (DW, DS4, DS5, & I) @ Caribbean Beach Resort for a Birthdayx2/Halloween Celebration.
August 2012 Ginger Family (DW, DS1, DS2, DS2GF, DS3, DS3GF, DGS1, DS4, DS5, & I) @ Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village for a Birthdayx3/Family Celebration.
May 2013 Ginger Parents (DW & I) @ Boardwalk Villas for Silver Anniversary.
July 2014 Ginger Family (DW, DS4, DS5, & I) @ Coronado Springs for Independence Day Celebration

gingerbcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #26
DisneyDreamer2504
DIS Veteran

I def think its acceptable, not weird, and not the same as saying it's your birthday at a restaurant. Disney knows you can't take trips for every celebration and often delay to fit your schedule. DH and I got married in march, and did WDW/cruise in sept and it was perfectly fine. Disney is all about celebration!

Sept '10 - Wonder
Sept '11 - WDW Caribbean Beach/Dream - Honeymoon!
May '12 - AKV
Sept '13 - SSR/FANTASY
DisneyDreamer2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #27
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

We usually go in September & since our anniversary is in August we celebrate with our Disney trip. When making reservations at a Disney restaurant they ask what you are celebrating & the actual date. They have never said anything about our date. This September we will be celebrating number 47!

My DH hates to wear the anniversary button,but I proudly wear mine.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #28
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
DH and I have our 5 year anniversary this May! Yay!* DH wants to take a mini-trip somewhere like a zoo (we love animals) or just away for the weekend type of thing. However we are hoping to go to Disney in December and I would rather save money to put towards our Disney trip.*

I thought we could even celebrate our anniversary while we are there!* Putting Anniversary if they ask if we are celebrating anything in dinner reservations and room reservations.

However its not our actual anniversary date...I guess I feel like I'm 'lying' or wrong somehow.**

Has anyone else celebrated an anniversary or birthday on not the actual date?*

Thanks in advance
Okay, so I know you're talking about celebrating Disney style, but I have a story and a warning. DH and I celebrated our 9th anniversary 10 days after our actual anniversary due to childcare issues. Well, long story short... I have a ticker now, but it ain't got a thing to do with Disney.

All I'm saying is be careful how you celebrate those anniversaries.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #29
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker725 View Post
Okay, so I know you're talking about celebrating Disney style, but I have a story and a warning. DH and I celebrated our 9th anniversary 10 days after our actual anniversary due to childcare issues. Well, long story short... I have a ticker now, but it ain't got a thing to do with Disney.

All I'm saying is be careful how you celebrate those anniversaries.

In answer to the original poster: We are getting married in July and not going to Disney for our honeymoon until November. Don't feel bad at all. Lots of people can't celebrate things on the actual date.
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #30
Kona65
Taking it slow and easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
DH and I have our 5 year anniversary this May! Yay!* DH wants to take a mini-trip somewhere like a zoo (we love animals) or just away for the weekend type of thing. However we are hoping to go to Disney in December and I would rather save money to put towards our Disney trip.*

I thought we could even celebrate our anniversary while we are there!* Putting Anniversary if they ask if we are celebrating anything in dinner reservations and room reservations.

However its not our actual anniversary date...I guess I feel like I'm 'lying' or wrong somehow.**

Has anyone else celebrated an anniversary or birthday on not the actual date?*

Thanks in advance
We celebrate our anniversary everytime we go to Disney. Just our thing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: