Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
suorkaterina
Mouseketeer

Need Rec. for 6 adults 1 child(6yrs)

Hey folks. I've been given the honor of helping a friend plan a once in a lifetime trip for her and her boyfriend, their 6yr daughter, the grandparents, and the aunt and her boyfriend. So that's three couples and a little girl. I've never planned for a group that big. 4 is the highest I've gone. So I'm looking at options and would like some suggestions.

They like the look of fort wilderness but the cabins say 2 double beds and a bunk bed which is not going to work for them. I was thinking a family suite at Art of Animation and a single room for the aunt and uncle. Any suggestions to keep them as together as possible and not spending a fortune? I'm thinking low to moderate but I'm not sure yet.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by suorkaterina; 03-05-2013 at 11:36 AM.
suorkaterina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suorkaterina View Post
Hey folks. I've been given the honor of helping a friend plan a once in a lifetime trip for her and her boyfriend, their 6yr daughter, the grandparents, and the aunt and her boyfriend. So that's three couples and a little girl. I've never planned for a group that big. 4 is the highest I've gone. So I'm looking at options and would like some suggestions.

They like the look of fort wilderness but the cabins say 2 double beds and a bunk bed which is not going to work for them. I was thinking a family suite at Art of Animation and a single room for the aunt and uncle. Any suggestions to keep them as together as possible and not spending a fortune? I'm thinking low to moderate but I'm not sure yet.

Thanks for the help.
Any reason that group wouldn't want two or three rooms? Letting everyone have their own space can make group trips much easier to deal with.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Any reason that group wouldn't want two or three rooms? Letting everyone have their own space can make group trips much easier to deal with.
Totally agree. Three separate rooms. Then the adults can get away from each other.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
suorkaterina
Mouseketeer

That would work too. Just thought I might give them some options to be together too.
suorkaterina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I completely agree with the PPs. There is something to be said about "too much togetherness". Picture a Thanksgiving or Christmas family get together that lasts a whole week, but you're all cooped up in one or 2 rooms. That can be a recipe for disaster. Not something I'd want to risk on a "once in a lifetime" trip. Get separate rooms at the same resort, link the reservations, and request that they all be close together. Everyone gets privacy at night. There's no problem with the child going to bed earlier than the adults. And you'll have fewer issues with someone hogging the bathroom.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
nhmommy
Mouseketeer

I also agree 3 rooms if you can request a connecting that would be good for the 6yo to be able to go from grandparents to parents and it would make babysitting for a dinner out alone easier but I don't think it's a deal breaker.
nhmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
Hooked On The Mouse
DIS Veteran

Location: Thigh-high in snow half the year, up to the eyeballs in mosquitos the other half

A family suite at AOA, with a single room for the aunt and uncle, would work, but they would be in different buildings. If that's not a problem, we found the family suites there to be quite comfy with the separate spaces and 2 bathrooms.

Hooked On The Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: