Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
tommylicious
Earning My Ears

Dining with some people NOT on the plan

How does the following work: we go to dinner at a disney signature restaurant. 2 people are on the dining plan but the other is not. Does server get all in a tiff or is this easily handled?
tommylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Tpiejg
Mouseketeer

It isnt a problem. Just let the server know they will do seperate checks. You will give the server your kttw card and the other party will pay oop.
Tpiejg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
tommylicious
Earning My Ears

is that the same thing that happens if dining plan members order a bottle of wine? you get a separate check for that? thank you.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Yes, you get a separate check for the wine and any other item that is ordered off-plan.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
tommylicious
Earning My Ears

so we did back of the envelope for 2 adults...we eat 3 squares a day pretty much...brekkie room service, lunch wherever, and signature probably 4 out of 7 dinners. seems like we would burn thru the deluxe plan with the room service and signatures, but the premium isn't worth it either since we will be with the little one and not use the golf/etc at all. the little one eats only fries, pasta, strawberries, apples, and of course candy so we wouldn't get a plan for her. am i missing something obvious? thank you.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #6
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylicious View Post
so we did back of the envelope for 2 adults...we eat 3 squares a day pretty much...brekkie room service, lunch wherever, and signature probably 4 out of 7 dinners. seems like we would burn thru the deluxe plan with the room service and signatures, but the premium isn't worth it either since we will be with the little one and not use the golf/etc at all. the little one eats only fries, pasta, strawberries, apples, and of course candy so we wouldn't get a plan for her. am i missing something obvious? thank you.
How little is the little one? If you are doing a regular MYW package, everyone in the room ages 3 and up must be on the dining plan.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #7
G719
Mouseketeer

If you get the dining plan, all the people on your room reservation have to get the plan if they are 3 years old and older. You can't pick some of the people to get the plan and some not if they are all in the same hotel room.

Edit: I am too slow typing my response. LOL. I didn't mean to repeat.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylicious View Post
If you are not going to use the non-dining tours, events and recreation, the premium or platinum plans are not going to be worthwhile for you.

If the child is age 3 or over, you don't have the option to leave her off the dining plan. Everyone in the room gets the dining plan or nobody gets it. The only exceptions are kids under 3.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #9
tommylicious
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for your help! Wish you magical travels!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: