Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
Mouseketeer peter
Earning My Ears

Alaska cruise

Are there any hotels in Vancouver that have a shuttle to the cruise port? Any other tips would be appreciated.
Mouseketeer peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #2
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

The Fairmont Waterfront is right across the street from the cruise terminal.

VowRenewal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #3
nbrmommy2005
Earning My Ears

We stayed at The Hampton Inn and they had a shuttle to the port.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
tajz90
Mama D

Stay at the Pan Pacific.

Take the elevator down to the port check in. Our kids woke up early to watch the Wonder sail in. It's a great hotel.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer

There is also the city bus line. Very reasonable if your hotel doesn't have a shuttle
cheryllarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer

We took the city bus line from Vancouver to Seattle were we got our rental car after our cruise.
cheryllarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #7
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Aug 2011. We loved the location. It was right near a HopOn HopOff bus stop. We took that all around the city and enjoyed the sites. We checked with the desk and if I remember, I believe you could go down that morning to sign up for the shuttle (I went down 15 minutes before the time they gave and there were already people waiting!!). No problem as I think we were on the third shuttle over (there were seven of us) and we were still at the port before they opened the security gates.

PS. the shuttle was free although I did tip the driver for handling our luggage including a wheel chair for my mom.
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
Cmbar
DIS Veteran

For those of you mentioning Hampton Inn. Which one is it? There are three in Vancouver and I can't figure which one it is that you say has the shuttle. Thanks for any help!
BLT August,2014, AKV Jambo Dec 2013, Wonder-Alaska Jul 13, Fantasy Jun-12, BCV Jan-11, Dream! Apr 3,2011, Western Magic DCL-Oct 30-2010,POP/BCV -June 10 SSR-Jan 10, BLT-Nov 09, POP June 09, All Star Sports Mar 09, Western Magic - Nov 08 SSR/Marriott Cypress Harbour Jul-08, GF-Nov 07, WL-Nov 06, CBR -Feb 06 POFQ/BWV -Feb 05, POP-Mar 04, DoubleTree DTD, Mar 03, POR-Mar 01 Dixie Landings (POR) HONEYMOON -Oct 1992

Cmbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #9
BowlerHatGirl
Earning My Ears

We booked at the Best Western Plus. It's a little further away from the dock but they have a shuttle service that will drop you off.
I was shocked to see the cost of the hotels in Vancouver (I guess I'm not a city girl lol) and while I'm sure they're all awesome places to stay, our budget doesn't allow for the fancy places.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
Aby
Obsessive and Compulsive

I absolutely adored the Fairmont Waterfront when we were there for the Alaska cruise in 2011. Our room was literally looking over the port, and I got to watch the cruise ship pull in! It is literally steps away from the terminal, so we just walked over in the morning with our baggage in tow (if you book the hotel through Disney, they will offer you resort to port transfers - don't bother!).

Also, the hotel has an amazing breakfast buffet with omelettes to die for, and very close to the pick up spot for many tour busses and the hop on hop off Vancouver Trolley, so it was very convenient. We also walked a few blocks to do some shopping, and the olympic cauldron was a sight to see, again, only a short distance from the hotel.

It can be pricey, but worth it!

Aby
Aby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #11
Pooh001
Earning My Ears

We landed with 5 people and 12 pieces of luggage . I found the limousines in front of the airport to be excellent and helpful. We all hopped in the limo and went to Waterfront Fairmont for about 80.00 w tip ! Far better than in Orlando . I would talk with the limo guys when you come out of baggage claim . We stayed 5 nights at the Waterfront and loved it ! Would repeat anytime . Would recommend a sea plane to Victoria and renting a car for the day to drive to Whistler . Hope that helps
Pooh001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #12
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh001
We landed with 5 people and 12 pieces of luggage . I found the limousines in front of the airport to be excellent and helpful. We all hopped in the limo and went to Waterfront Fairmont for about 80.00 w tip ! Far better than in Orlando . I would talk with the limo guys when you come out of baggage claim . We stayed 5 nights at the Waterfront and loved it ! Would repeat anytime . Would recommend a sea plane to Victoria and renting a car for the day to drive to Whistler . Hope that helps
We be staying there and have approx 2 days in Vancouver. Any suggestions for that short time frame?
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #13
dahuffy
Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

I don't want to spend $100 a night for a bed
dahuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #14
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Aug 2011. We loved the location. It was right near a HopOn HopOff bus stop. We took that all around the city and enjoyed the sites. We checked with the desk and if I remember, I believe you could go down that morning to sign up for the shuttle (I went down 15 minutes before the time they gave and there were already people waiting!!). No problem as I think we were on the third shuttle over (there were seven of us) and we were still at the port before they opened the security gates.

PS. the shuttle was free although I did tip the driver for handling our luggage including a wheel chair for my mom.
Great to know!! I think we will book there as we have hotel points we can use. More money then to spend onboard! Woot woot!

The Hop On, Hop Off bus sounds perfect. Do we need to buy tickets in advance? Do they take American dollars or will we need to exchange beforehand?
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #15
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahuffy View Post
I don't want to spend $100 a night for a bed
Ha Ha that's cheap in lot of places.

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder, Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: