Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
katyj26
Mouseketeer

POR or CBR?

Convince me of which resort to stay at. I'm saving up to possibly go in September 2013. I want to stay in either the Royal Rooms or the Pirate Rooms.
I want to bring someone along but it may be a solo trip for a 24 year old me! Where would you choose?
Been a Disney Lover since birth. First trip to WDW when I was about 2 with my mom and my "fairy" godmother. Gone back every year / every other year ever since! Never going to outgrow WDW! We 3 gals love our Disney trips!

katyj26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyj26 View Post
Convince me of which resort to stay at. I'm saving up to possibly go in September 2013. I want to stay in either the Royal Rooms or the Pirate Rooms.
I want to bring someone along but it may be a solo trip for a 24 year old me! Where would you choose?
To be honest with you Caribbean beach wouldn't even be an option for me.

Usually this topic comes up often, and I generally rate them as follows, Coronado Springs first followed by Port Orleans Riverside, then the French Quarter, followed by a distant fourth Caribbean beach.
I realized you did not pick Coronado Springs but I will elaborate not only does it have the best feature pool, but the pepper market is a huge plus over the food courts the theming to me is a lot nicer than the others. Also the bus service is the best on all property. Also there's also a nice lounge a as well. But if your heart is set on those other 2 resorts then I would definitely choose Riverside by a landslide, it also has a nice boat ride to Downtown Disney

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

POR, it is not even close.

If you get a Royal Room you will be fairly close to a bus stop, and you will just have to cross a bridge to get to the food court and gift shop. At CBR the Pirate rooms are the farthest away from everything.

I think the food court at POR is the best on property. I had a hard time finding much to eat at the one at CBR.

CBR is huge! Seven bus stops, compared to four at POR. CBR is the only moderate resort that has an internal shuttle to drop guests off at stops around the resort. It never goes to the parks, just loops the resort. That should tell you something about the size of CBR.

POR would be my choice, hands down!
maxiesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
Mrs Eeyore
Mouseketeer

I feel compelled to defend CBR overall BUT...the area with the pirate rooms (Trinidad South) really is in the middle of nowhere. In fact it's probably closer to the far end of nowhere. Someone in the know described it thus: "They took the rooms no one wanted, redecorated them and raised the price."
Mrs Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyj26 View Post
Pirate rooms are a good walk away from the main building. CBR is our FAV resort. We are tossing up staying at POR next trip but not sure if we can give up CBR! The Island vibe is the greatest!

vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #6
katyj26
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the comments. I have stayed at CBR before and hearing that the pirate rooms are that far away is helping with the decision. It really is a big resort and we've always requested to be close to the food court building so leaning toward POR so far.
Been a Disney Lover since birth. First trip to WDW when I was about 2 with my mom and my "fairy" godmother. Gone back every year / every other year ever since! Never going to outgrow WDW! We 3 gals love our Disney trips!

katyj26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #7
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

I've heard the pirate beds are pretty uncomfy too. POR has queen beds too so I'd definitely stay there
Old 03-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #8
ItsNotMuchofaTail
but I'm sort of attached to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
POR, it is not even close.

If you get a Royal Room you will be fairly close to a bus stop, and you will just have to cross a bridge to get to the food court and gift shop. At CBR the Pirate rooms are the farthest away from everything.

I think the food court at POR is the best on property. I had a hard time finding much to eat at the one at CBR.

CBR is huge! Seven bus stops, compared to four at POR. CBR is the only moderate resort that has an internal shuttle to drop guests off at stops around the resort. It never goes to the parks, just loops the resort. That should tell you something about the size of CBR.

POR would be my choice, hands down!
I COMPLETELY agree!

My only mod experience is CBR and POR. I don't think I would stay at CBR again unless it was free. I would go back to the All Star first.

But I loved POR. We had a royal room, which was close to the bridge to the bus stop. POR is so pretty, and smaller. We weren't even in Trinidad at CBR and it felt like forever away. And the CBR food court was always packed with people, it was hard to find somewhere to sit there. POR has a make your own pasta dish spot that is yummy - and the food is fresh, you can see them cook it.

Previous trips:
Off Site: Visiting the grandparents in the 80s - June 2000 - Honeymoon (POFQ) - June 2007 - DD's 1st trip (ASM)June 2010 - We're getting divorced and going anyway (CBR)

November 2012 - Just DD and me (POR-Royal Room)
ItsNotMuchofaTail is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: