Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Nobo323
Earning My Ears

Photographer Dilemma

Getting married in Wedding Pavilion and having our reception at Grand Floridian in September. I am the groom and have been researching photographers for some time now. As luck would have it we have our pick of everyone's favorite photographers for our day- Randy Chapman, Regina Hyman, Misty Miotto and Elegant Imagery. All have fantastic reviews so it's impossible to choose. We are leaning towards Randy as his prices for photo and video are the best out there, almost half some others. His Disney experience is also a huge plus for us. Wanted to get people's thoughts. Thank you.
Nobo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
mb187143
DIS Veteran

We shopped Randy, Regina, and Misty for our wedding. Even though Randy was the cheapest, I wasn't super comfortable with his style. We ended up going with Misty. She was fabulous. That said, i don't think you could go wrong with any of them. They all come very highly recommended. Have you looked at their work online? Seeing their styles may help you decide which you like best.

mb187143 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

We used Randy for our Dec 2012 wedding and were beyond happy with him. His work is simply amazing! And his price is great too. We got almost 5,000 pictures of our wedding day. We loved working with him. I have started updating my planning journal (link below) with our wedding day pics... You could take a look at them if you like. It's towards the end pages.

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:11 AM   #4
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Another shout out for Randy. He is the sweetest man and a joy to work with. We did two sessions with him (VR and TTD) and we ended up with over 1200 shots!!! Of course some were similar to each other, but even so. Highly recommend Randy!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:38 AM   #5
TabZ
DFTW Bride October 2014!!

Randy is awesome, I've seen him work two weddings I was lucky enough to go to in October last year, he's such a rockstar!!

Personally I'm not a huge fan of his editing, his candid stuff is lovely but for me personally they are a little over edited.

We've gone with Regina, I met her last year and she's just the sweetest lady. She has recently started doing a photo/video package, it might be worth dropping her an email? She is willing to customise her packages as well so don't take them at face value, she will work with you!

November 2002 - DLC - offsite, April 2005 - WDW - offsite, October 2005 - DLRP - offsite, October 2008 - DLRP - offsite,
July 2011 - WDW - POR, October 2011 - DLRP - Dream Castle Hotel ENGAGED!!! November 2013 - WDW - CSR & Disney Dream

Planning our Disney Fairytale Wedding 21st October, 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2847299 Wedding PJ
TabZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #6
pkdang
Earning My Ears

If photography and video are extremely important to you, I would go for the style you like best. Misty Miotto was one my top choices because of style. She is a bit pricey, but I figure I can lower prices somewhere else.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
Sheldora
Disney Wedding here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb187143
We shopped Randy, Regina, and Misty for our wedding. Even though Randy was the cheapest, I wasn't super comfortable with his style. We ended up going with Misty. She was fabulous. That said, i don't think you could go wrong with any of them. They all come very highly recommended. Have you looked at their work online? Seeing their styles may help you decide which you like best.
Can I get the $ randy and misty quoted you? I'm looking at a guy near me and he wants $3800 +travel for 2hr engagement and 10 hours wedding with cd. Seems pricy to me so I want to shop around
Sheldora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
mb187143
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldora

Can I get the $ randy and misty quoted you? I'm looking at a guy near me and he wants $3800 +travel for 2hr engagement and 10 hours wedding with cd. Seems pricy to me so I want to shop around
Randy offered us a $1600 package for full day coverage (knocked down to $1400 If we didn't want the prints, just everything on DVDs). He offered a $2800 combo package with STVS video. That was mid-June 2012 so I don't know what their current pricing is.

Misty offered us the Gold package (on her website) at a discounted rate for being a DFTW bride, no travel fee or anything. Her payment terms were more flexible so we went with her even though she was slightly more than Randy. I also preferred her style to Randy's.

I would suggest you email whomever you're considering. Many of the photographers are willing to customize their packages.

mb187143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #9
Sheldora
Disney Wedding here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb187143

Randy offered us a $1600 package for full day coverage (knocked down to $1400 If we didn't want the prints, just everything on DVDs). He offered a $2800 combo package with STVS video. That was mid-June 2012 so I don't know what their current pricing is.

Misty offered us the Gold package (on her website) at a discounted rate for being a DFTW bride, no travel fee or anything. Her payment terms were more flexible so we went with her even though she was slightly more than Randy. I also preferred her style to Randy's.

I would suggest you email whomever you're considering. Many of the photographers are willing to customize their packages.
Thanks so much! That's much more like what I expected to pay
Sheldora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #10
SarahFarra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobo323 View Post
Getting married in Wedding Pavilion and having our reception at Grand Floridian in September. I am the groom and have been researching photographers for some time now. As luck would have it we have our pick of everyone's favorite photographers for our day- Randy Chapman, Regina Hyman, Misty Miotto and Elegant Imagery. All have fantastic reviews so it's impossible to choose. We are leaning towards Randy as his prices for photo and video are the best out there, almost half some others. His Disney experience is also a huge plus for us. Wanted to get people's thoughts. Thank you.
Of those choices I would go with Regina! I actually was prepared to book her but someone else stole our date from under us before we could sign a contract. I really like her style of photography (although some of her edits are a little on the blurry side but that's rare) and she is super nice from what I could tell!

This is very controversial because I know a lot of people really love him but I would steer clear of Randy. I have no personal experience with him but just from his work that I've seen he seems to be very inconsistent in quality and as many have said before me, the edits he uses are very overdone and in my opinion, look very cheap. Being a photographer myself this is really important to me and I see over editing as a sign of having poor photography to cover up. I've also seen really outdated poses that he uses that I am not a fan of as well as poorly-lit subjects (i.e. shadows on faces or squinting from too much sun). I feel like you get what you pay for! So these are obviously just my opinions and there are others that love him and his work, so take it for what you will.

That being said, another to consider is Jason Angelini! We're using him and I immediately fell in love with his photography! In a way I'm glad I got out-booked with Regina because I love Jason's work even more!! Check him out... www.jasonangeliniphotography.com His prices are very reasonable too! His wife is his personal assistant and responds quickly to emails and I just love them both.

Engagement: 11.8.12
Wedding: 11.8.13
Marriage: Infinity and Beyond

www.markandsaraheverafter.com
www.chasingfairytales.com

PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3035908
SarahFarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #11
Janice2013
Earning My Ears

My fiancee and I used Randy for our Engagelement pics and he will be doing our wedding pics. He is phenomenal. Very professional and lots of fun to work with and very reaonable priced. :-)

a>
Janice2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #12
WittyAmb
Mouseketeer

Have you looked into David & Vicki Arndt yet? There work is similar to Regina's and they're also reasonably priced. :-)
WittyAmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #13
Nobo323
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for the opinions. We met with Regina this evening and she was great and we were very impressed. We are meeting with Randy on Saturday. Randy is so much cheaper (few thousand than anyone else) so that it makes it that much more difficult. My wedding planner at Disney did say her preference would be Regina cuz she has a 'fresher eye' but also said i couldnt go wrong with either. The Arndts were booked on our day but they recommended Regina in their message to be. I will check out Jason as well.
Nobo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #14
disneyamy4
Mouseketeer

that's unfortunate that the arndts aren't available, we plan to use them for our wedding! :D

jason is great and his photos are amazing, i've only heard good reviews! his prices start at $1300 for a full day coverage, then you can add on a disc of images etc etc.

i would go with regina between her and randy, randy is great, i just don't like his overly edited style. regina is expensive but you could maybe take out some albums or prints to cut down the price!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #15
nydisneygirl1975
Earning My Ears

Regina All The Way

Nobo I have worked with Regina on two separate occasions, she shot our wedding and we just did a family shoot. Never in my life have I encountered a photographer with such natural talent. Every single picture that she sent us was perfect. When people see our pictures they are in awe of how beautiful they are. We had our wedding at the wp and we did pre ceremony pictures at the grand. She has this ability to make it look like you are the only two people in the picture. You have to remember that after your wedding is over you only have the pictures to look back on, everything else is gone. I found her package to be very responsible for what you get. Pm me and I can show you some of our pictures if you're interested.
nydisneygirl1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: