Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #61
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Do they server anything other than tea there? I don't drink tea at all, but I think it would be neat to try someday for fun.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #62
Simba22
DIS Veteran

bummer about your FP but I'm glad you went anyway! And so glad Caitlin liked it!

Afternoon tea looks so cute! Makes me wish I liked tea!

I think I definitely need to try Tusker House...we had it on our ADR list for 2010 and then the BF got horribly sick so I called to cancel it. Maybe I'll tack it on for this year...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #63
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Aww that photo with Donald is pretty cute! And I love your Crocs!

Oh man, I had to ride single rider on EE for the first time this trip... Or well, had single riders put with me. It wasn't bad. But when Matt had to go single rider, he had a hilarious experience with some Canadian guy, hahaha. It still cracks me up.

I love EE, it's my favorite! Dinosaur, I agree with you on that one... Ooh Dinosaur, I had an interesting time on that one, hahaha.

I'm intrigued to see where you're off to next!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:52 AM   #64
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Tusker House looks like so much fun! I've always wanted to go there, but DF loves the Boma breakfast too, so I always wonder if they'll be very similar.

The tea sounds like a fun way to spend the afternoon, especially with the MK so crowded!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #65
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Ugh, sorry you are sick...I hope you feel better!

I think it's funny how you said you only took pictures of Caitlin with the characters at your breakfast. We do that too sometimes (or atleast I try for the same reason you mentioned...don't want to hold them up) but then there are people with huge families who have to get pictures with every combination of people they have. Daisy is super cute.

Great safari pictures! That's awesome you got to see the lions.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #66
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

It's always a great safari when the lions are out...SCORE! Yay for Caitlin riding EE and liking it. Your single rider line logic had me cracking up...our brains work similarly!

The tea looks like fun...I've been wanting to try it for a long time!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #67
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
It's always a great safari when the lions are out...SCORE! Yay for Caitlin riding EE and liking it. Your single rider line logic had me cracking up...our brains work similarly!

Agreed....Lions make everything better.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #68
MEK
DIS Veteran

Pictures are taking forever to load (work - shhhhh!), but I have to say that your niece is adorable and I see a resemblance between you and your niece. She IS too cute.

Breakfast looks amazing.

Can't see your tea pics yet, but by the time I am done typing this I should be able too. Sounds like you had a great time.

Love the confetti picture.

Anyway - sounds like an amazing day so far.

Hope you are feeling 100% better very soon.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #69
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Sorry you've been so sick. I hope the sickness goes away soon, it seems like it's been with you long enough!

MMM, I've been wanting to try Tusker House's breakfast for so long, seriously for years. Looks amazing!!!

OH NO, not a lost FP. Good thing your single rider experience wasn't as terrifying as you thought. So glad Caitlin loved the ride!

OMG A TRIFLE. WAS THERE MEAT IN IT???

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 03-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #70
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you got to try Tusker House!!!! It's so good and so cute in there! and they keep the characters going around pretty fast too! it's a bit crowded, but worth it!!!

i'd love to try the tea at GF someday! I could never go with the hubs though! lol

boo that MK was so crowded!!! I have a feeling it's going to be crazy crowded when we go, since it's the first week after easter! Oh well, I've realized I will go with the flow and do what we can and just enjoy it becaise its the only day/time i will get to be in disneyworld this year!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #71
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hi guys! I know I said I was going to do another update tonight and finish up day 2, but I used my DIS time to get caught up on a few TR's and do comments here instead! Tomorrow I definitely will do it! Although, I'm thinking I MIGHT go to the doctor tomorrow after work, because I'm just NOT GETTING BETTER! I haven't been able to taste anything in 5 DAYS because I'm so congested, how annoying is that! Blah. This better be it for sickness for me this year, because this is awful and I'm tired of whining about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I read this as "We got ready and went downstairs to go get Caitlin up" and I was like "Woah! Wait a minute. I don't remember them having a suite with an upstair". Hum, yeah, I think I'm tired.

Wow, 2 lioness, one of which was awake, that's great!

I'm glad Caitlin loved Everest. I have no problem doing single rider line. I figure I barely talk to the person next to me while on the coaster anyway, and it lets me experience rides faster/more often.

Primeval Whirl makes me giggle.

ETA. Apparently I also forgot that you do more than one update at once for this TR, so I posted before reading the second part. I also read "Magical Kingdom". LOL

The tea party sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon with girls.
Haha, I do things like that all the time, even when I'm not tired, I read SO fast that I always mess up the order of things!

The lionesses were so pretty! I love the male lions though, I want to squeeze their faces!

It's weird, my issues with single rider lines! I mean, I'm actually impressed that I got over it while I was there, because I would have never even considered it! It's just so awkward, but at the same time, who cares!

The tea was really cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Do they server anything other than tea there? I don't drink tea at all, but I think it would be neat to try someday for fun.
Hmm, I think they have some drinks with alcohol! And they have hot chocolate. It's really cute, I'd definitely do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
bummer about your FP but I'm glad you went anyway! And so glad Caitlin liked it!

Afternoon tea looks so cute! Makes me wish I liked tea!

I think I definitely need to try Tusker House...we had it on our ADR list for 2010 and then the BF got horribly sick so I called to cancel it. Maybe I'll tack it on for this year...
I'm glad I went too, I just really wanted to go on with Caitlin to see how she reacted!

Wow, so many people here that don't like tea! I don't get it, I could live on tea!

Tusker House is really good, and the characters are so cute! You should definitely give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Aww that photo with Donald is pretty cute! And I love your Crocs!

Oh man, I had to ride single rider on EE for the first time this trip... Or well, had single riders put with me. It wasn't bad. But when Matt had to go single rider, he had a hilarious experience with some Canadian guy, hahaha. It still cracks me up.

I love EE, it's my favorite! Dinosaur, I agree with you on that one... Ooh Dinosaur, I had an interesting time on that one, hahaha.

I'm intrigued to see where you're off to next!
Thanks! Haha, funny story about those Crocs...those are Diane's. I slipped them on in the morning, just so I wouldn't walk around the room with no shoes on, and I ended up wearing them to the park that day, and I didn't realize it until we were on the safari!

I don't mind having single riders put with me, I just don't like being the one put with someone. Don't ask why, it's just an issue that I have! I mean, I guess I'm over it, I just feel like people are wondering why I'm sitting with them!

EE is the best! Haha, yeah, I can take or leave Dinosaur. Poor Caitlin was terrified through the whole thing!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #72
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Tusker House looks like so much fun! I've always wanted to go there, but DF loves the Boma breakfast too, so I always wonder if they'll be very similar.

The tea sounds like a fun way to spend the afternoon, especially with the MK so crowded!
Tusker House is really good! It is kind of similar to Boma, but it also has different things. It does have the juice, if that's a concern for you! The one big difference I noticed was no omelet station, which Brandon loves at Boma!

It was a really nice afternoon at the Grand Floridian, I love it there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Ugh, sorry you are sick...I hope you feel better!

I think it's funny how you said you only took pictures of Caitlin with the characters at your breakfast. We do that too sometimes (or atleast I try for the same reason you mentioned...don't want to hold them up) but then there are people with huge families who have to get pictures with every combination of people they have. Daisy is super cute.

Great safari pictures! That's awesome you got to see the lions.
Thanks! I'm still sick, apparently I'm never getting better. I should probably go to the doctor.

Yeah, I see huge groups taking pictures with the characters, and I mean, that's fine if that's what they want to do, but I'd feel bad, holding everyone up like that! Not to mention that my sister and I were more concerned with eating than meeting characters!

Thanks, I love the lions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post

I love the lions, they're so pretty! Haha, I'm glad you agree with me about single rider lines, they are awkward, right???

The tea is really cute! I almost wish I could talk Brandon into trying it, but I know better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Agreed....Lions make everything better.
Haha, I agree too!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #73
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Pictures are taking forever to load (work - shhhhh!), but I have to say that your niece is adorable and I see a resemblance between you and your niece. She IS too cute.

Breakfast looks amazing.

Can't see your tea pics yet, but by the time I am done typing this I should be able too. Sounds like you had a great time.

Love the confetti picture.

Anyway - sounds like an amazing day so far.

Hope you are feeling 100% better very soon.
Thanks! She is very cute, it's funny, she looked a lot like me when she was a baby! Now I'd say she looks more like my sister, but she has her dad's eyes!

It was amazing, I really liked it there!

The tea was great, I'm glad we did it!

Thanks! Ugh, I hope so too, it's taking forever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Sorry you've been so sick. I hope the sickness goes away soon, it seems like it's been with you long enough!

MMM, I've been wanting to try Tusker House's breakfast for so long, seriously for years. Looks amazing!!!

OH NO, not a lost FP. Good thing your single rider experience wasn't as terrifying as you thought. So glad Caitlin loved the ride!

OMG A TRIFLE. WAS THERE MEAT IN IT???

Thanks. I hope so too, I've been sick since last Thursday, and I don't feel any better. Well I guess I feel a little better, since I'm able to go to work, but it's taking it's time. I feel like I should just go to the stupid doctor, they'll probably give me antibiotics or something.

Tusker House is SO good for breakfast, I had no idea! I really want to talk Brandon into going there on our next trip, but I'm afraid he won't want to miss Boma!

Haha, it wasn't bad, but I'd prefer to be with someone I know! I have some weird issues!

HAHA, NO, there was no meat in this trifle, but I WAS thinking that the whole time! "No Rachel, you weren't supposed to put meat in the trifle. It did not taste good."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
I'm so glad you got to try Tusker House!!!! It's so good and so cute in there! and they keep the characters going around pretty fast too! it's a bit crowded, but worth it!!!

i'd love to try the tea at GF someday! I could never go with the hubs though! lol

boo that MK was so crowded!!! I have a feeling it's going to be crazy crowded when we go, since it's the first week after easter! Oh well, I've realized I will go with the flow and do what we can and just enjoy it becaise its the only day/time i will get to be in disneyworld this year!
It is really good! And I thought they characters came around pretty quickly, I really liked it there!

Haha, yeah, Brandon will never go to the GF tea with me! I'd like to go if I ever go on another girl's trip though!

Ugh, I hope MK isn't too crowded for you! Just get there early and do the really popular things first, I guess! That way, a 20 minute wait for the teacups doesn't sound so bad, compared to a 70 minute wait for the Winnie the Pooh ride!

Old 03-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #74
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I'm loving the lightening pace of your updates... You go girl... (and having been sick and all... sorry about that... I feel like this has just been an awful winter for illness for so many people...)

Caitlin is a cutie...

Love, love the AKL ... it's def one of my faves... (w/the Boardwalk resorts & AKL) ... it really has a very special ambience ... there's also a great lightly spiced, smoky smell... subtle... comforting...

I think that Tusker House is definitely one of the best character breakfasts...great characters and some of the best food too... Boma though... hmmm.... If it was just ranking on food...I'd have to give the edge to Boma... super yums ... but you don't get the other stuff... so that's a toughie...

Asia is my favorite too...: It's lovely... and super atmospheric... I love EE... I can understand though why Caitlin may have had some early reservations...

David loves Primeval Whirl...and I think it's cute... It makes Eric queezy because he doesn't like the spinning (He'll ride everything but the teacups make him green... hehe...

Ahhh... love your Tea at the GF... What a great experience for your Girl Trip...
Old 03-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #75
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Day 2, February 19, Part 2

I'm not sure why we went back to AKL, because once we were there, we decided to go to the Magic Kingdom for a little while.

If I remember correctly we went back to AKL to change. The morning had been pretty chilly and by the afternoon it was pretty warm. I think I had gotten tired of carrying around fleece shirts and needed my flip flops

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: