Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #46
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Omg, Animal Kingdom Lodge just looks so so so amazing. Cannot wait to stay there someday! Hopefully soon! Although who really knows. Haha... BUT ANYWAYS YAY.

Okay there are a lot of things to say, but I can't even think of them! I'm glad it was a good first day though! And I like the way you're doing it. You said you wanted a quick TR and I think that's how you're gonna do it! If you like doing it this way you should just keep it up! Either way I think all of us will look forward to reading it.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 03-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #47
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

AKL Looks so wonderful, as always!!! and your room looks so nice!!!!!

We ate at T-Rex the last trip- and we decied that one time was enough! It was so cute inside, but the waiting and all that was annoying!

I need to get a ghiradelli treat one day soon! They look so darn yummy!!!!

I love taking the boat between DHS and EPCOT! It's nice and relaxing And doesn't take THAT long

I'm nervous for my day trip to disney in April! I am anticipating long lines, but hoping they aren't that bad!!! We are planning on MK for the day, but my mom might splurge and get park hopper and then pry take the monorail to EPCOT!!!!

I think you're doing a great job on your updates!!! It's tough remembering and I think the way you're doing it is working.. You don't want to forgoet by the end if you take too long doing updates, ya know?
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #48
MotherandDaughter
Mouseketeer

Jumping on a little late. Amazing first day! I cant wait to hear more

DD
Summer 2013: Offsite
Next trip: none at the moment

DD DM DD
Old 03-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #49
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Great pace and great day! It probably seems like a lot to you because you're used to making your TR last as long as possible so you can enjoy it for as long as possible! But I think it's great for a short trip!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 03-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #50
Dugette
DIS Veteran

I'm behind on your other TR, but I managed to find my way here anyway! I'm enjoying the report so far and the pace is fine. It's fun to see you trying out Magical Express and Disney buses finally!
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 03-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #51
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Great start! I don't think it's too fast, although if you wanted to do half days for your own sanity, I wouldn't mind that either.

I think a sundae from Ghirardelli's is just about the most PERFECT way to kick off a Disney trip EVER!!! I will have to keep that in mind for us in October.

Hmmm...how did I guess which park you were going to go to first.

Man, 2 parks and DTD, all on your arrival day...I bet the three of you slept like bricks that night! I know how you feel about waiting in line alone. Now I have kind of gotten used to it since DH and I have to do that for the rides that DS can't go on. And I usually get pulled out of line on ToT when they need a single rider to fill an elevator too, so that's always a perk of being alone! But rides, especially thrill rides, just seem more fun with someone else. So you are not silly at all for missing Brandon already, especially since the two of you go together so much! It's a hard transition to suddenly be doing things differently after so many trips with your significant other.

Looking forward to more!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 03-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #52
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchsGurl View Post
Yes, it's true, I'm @__contemporary!~

I was SO going to ask you if you were minnie_ears, but I didn't want to be like OMG HI! and then it not be you, so I just kept it quiet LOL. Oops.

GREAT first update, though! I LOVE that New Fantasyland sign!!!

I miss taking Magical Express - we always rent a car - I NEED to take ME again someday.

AKL is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous - I love the lobby, the rooms, the atmopshere - everything is just fantastic. That picture of the lobby is stunning!

Omg, your eating at my FAVORITE place at Downtown Disney .... T-Rex!!!!! SO JEALOUS THOUGH. But yes, I do agree with you on the whole checking in process with the two lines and that - it's a bit of a weird layout, but the food and atmosphere makes up for that!

Awww, I love the little Simba by the sink - how adorable is that?!

I'm really loving the TR so far ... I cant wait to see the rest!!!
Haha, that's funny! I remember you mentioning on Twitter you were starting a TR! I keep forgetting to read yours, ahhh, hopefully I'll remember once I'm finished here!

I loved the ME but my DH is never going to go for it, he will never deal with the buses! It's too bad too, it's nice being immersed in Disney the second you step off the plane, basically!

I loved AKL, the lobby is so beautiful! The whole resort is! I wish we had more time there, I would have loved to do the night vision on the savanna, and just explore a little more!

TRex was really good, but the check in process was crazy! It's not a good thing to do to people when they're hungry and ready to eat, make them go in 1,000 different lines!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I think you did a great job. Sounds like a busy day, but fun. I have done a lot of rides by myself and at first i got that feeling too, but soon you realize it works in your favor.
Thanks! I got used to going on rides by the end of the trip, but at first, I felt SO stupid! But then I was like, eh, who cares what these people think, I'm never going to see them again, and we're all in Disney to have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
The pace is fine, though I wouldn't mind if you did half days. It's up to you.

I LOVE the little lion drawing behind the sink that is like Rafiki's drawing.

I would take TOT over Fantasmic any day.
Thanks! I'm guessing if there is a particularly busy day, I will have to break it up into 2 updates, it took SO much time writing that first update, and we didn't even do much that day!

Isn't that so cute? I loved the Lion King details in that room!

Haha, I like Fantasmic, but I couldn't NOT go on ToT! It's my favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, I think the pace is just fine. You got in all the highlights. Love the picture of TOT at night...very nice. I know what you mean about "missing your hubby" on it. But Mark can't/won't ride it since his neck surgery.

I agree with you...AKL is absolutely beautiful.
Thank you! Aww, that's right, you're stuck going on ToT alone too! It was fun, it's a great ride no matter what, but I definitely did miss Brandon on there!

I loved AKL! I will definitely stay there again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
AHH New Fantasyland! I seriously can't wait to see it (but I've probably said that about a billion times now so I'm just going to shut up).

YAY for riding the Magical Express! It really is so exciting and much more fun than a rental car.

and YAY for staying at AKL and loving it! I'm glad you found a new appreciation for it.

That Tower of Terror shirt is adorable. I love the characters' faces.

Oh, and I don't think it sounds pathetic that you missed Brandon. Being with other people is part of the fun in going to Disney World!
You are going to love New Fantasyland, it's amazing!!

Haha, I wish there was a way to ride ME AND have a rental car! I guess if we rented a car at the Dolphin or something, or the Car Care center, but that just seems like a pain!

I've always liked AKL, I was just never sure about staying there, because it seemed so far away! It is far, but it didn't seem like it took that much longer to get there, so that was nice!

I really need a ToT shirt someday, I'm surprised I love it so much and I still don't have one!

Haha, thanks! It was just an adjustment to be there without him, still lots of fun though!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #53
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for a fun arrival day!!! Awww I totally know what you mean about missing Brandon on your trip - a few years ago a friend and I went to Disney without our men, I bought DF SO many souvenirs on that trip!!! Everything kept reminding me of him!!
Haha, everything kept reminding me of Brandon too! There were so many shirts I wanted to get him, I only ended up getting one, but I wanted to buy so much stuff! I just figured we would be back later in the year, so he could get it then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yes - you did just perfect. Great pace. You really had a fun and long first day.

I have to save that I absolutely love your room view. What that a standard view? It's perfect. I am going to waitlist my October stay at the BWV or BC, but at 7 months I think I want to switch my VWL to AKL. I just love that resort. So glad you finally got to stay there.

I am glad your ToT wait was not 50 minutes. Why was it so crowded? Did you go during President's week?
Thanks!

I'm not sure what view it was, my sister booked the points so I have no idea! It was a great view though, especially in the morning when the sun was coming up! I'm glad I finally stayed there too, I loved it!

Yeah, we were there for President's week, it was crazy! I kept telling myself I'd never go that week again, but I'm already thinking about trying to do the Princess half myself next year, which would probably be the same week, so I guess I'd have to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Great update! I think you're doing a fine job.

Totally understand you missing Brandon. Of course you will have loads of fun with your sister and niece but it's just different not being there with your husband.

Can't wait for the next installment.
Thank you!

I had fun without Brandon, there were just certain things that made me really miss him, like certain rides and restaurants! It was more when I was alone, when I was with Diane and Caitlin, I didn't really think about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Omg, Animal Kingdom Lodge just looks so so so amazing. Cannot wait to stay there someday! Hopefully soon! Although who really knows. Haha... BUT ANYWAYS YAY.

Okay there are a lot of things to say, but I can't even think of them! I'm glad it was a good first day though! And I like the way you're doing it. You said you wanted a quick TR and I think that's how you're gonna do it! If you like doing it this way you should just keep it up! Either way I think all of us will look forward to reading it.
It IS amazing! I hope you get to stay there SOON too!

Haha, that's a really confusing paragraph, and I agree with all of it! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
AKL Looks so wonderful, as always!!! and your room looks so nice!!!!!

We ate at T-Rex the last trip- and we decied that one time was enough! It was so cute inside, but the waiting and all that was annoying!

I need to get a ghiradelli treat one day soon! They look so darn yummy!!!!

I love taking the boat between DHS and EPCOT! It's nice and relaxing And doesn't take THAT long

I'm nervous for my day trip to disney in April! I am anticipating long lines, but hoping they aren't that bad!!! We are planning on MK for the day, but my mom might splurge and get park hopper and then pry take the monorail to EPCOT!!!!

I think you're doing a great job on your updates!!! It's tough remembering and I think the way you're doing it is working.. You don't want to forgoet by the end if you take too long doing updates, ya know?
AKL was amazing! It was so nice to finally stay there!

Ghiradelli was really good, I'm definitely going to go back with Brandon on our next trip! I think we went once, a few years ago, but it always seems to have such a long line, and we end up skipping it!

I'd eat at TRex again, but I'd probably try to get a walk up, so I don't have to go through all that waiting! I think if you get there when it opens, you can get in. It probably also is better at not such a busy time!

I liked the boat from Epcot to DHS, it's a lot better than walking!

I've never been to Disney in April (well I think I went once when I was a kid!)so I'm not sure how the crowds are...I know Easter week is bad! Just have a plan and get there early!

Thanks! I'm going to try to do another update tonight, as long as I can stay awake! I'm sick, so I don't really feel like doing much right now!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #54
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherandDaughter View Post
Jumping on a little late. Amazing first day! I cant wait to hear more

DD
Yay, welcome, you're not late! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Great pace and great day! It probably seems like a lot to you because you're used to making your TR last as long as possible so you can enjoy it for as long as possible! But I think it's great for a short trip!
Thanks! Yeah, it does seem weird to write so much at once, I just don't want people to get overwhelmed! I was hoping to do an update last night, but I started feeling really sick last night and fell asleep so early! I want to do one today, but again, I feel awful, so it's not exactly fun sitting at the computer right now! I wish I had a laptop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
I'm behind on your other TR, but I managed to find my way here anyway! I'm enjoying the report so far and the pace is fine. It's fun to see you trying out Magical Express and Disney buses finally!
Haha, that's ok, glad you're here! Thanks! I loved ME and the Disney buses, I loved hearing Disney music on the buses, so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Great start! I don't think it's too fast, although if you wanted to do half days for your own sanity, I wouldn't mind that either.

I think a sundae from Ghirardelli's is just about the most PERFECT way to kick off a Disney trip EVER!!! I will have to keep that in mind for us in October.

Hmmm...how did I guess which park you were going to go to first.

Man, 2 parks and DTD, all on your arrival day...I bet the three of you slept like bricks that night! I know how you feel about waiting in line alone. Now I have kind of gotten used to it since DH and I have to do that for the rides that DS can't go on. And I usually get pulled out of line on ToT when they need a single rider to fill an elevator too, so that's always a perk of being alone! But rides, especially thrill rides, just seem more fun with someone else. So you are not silly at all for missing Brandon already, especially since the two of you go together so much! It's a hard transition to suddenly be doing things differently after so many trips with your significant other.

Looking forward to more!
Thanks! If one of days is really long, I might do half days, but I'd really like to do a day each time I update! We'll see! It's hard leaving out little details, because they make up so much of a Disney trip!

It was nice, getting a sundae first, and going right to have lunch at TS place, Brandon and I usually race to EoS and wait in crazy lines just to eat a sandwich!

Haha, of course I have to go to Epcot first! I don't even think I planned it that way, it just happened to work out!

I got used to going in lines alone, but at first I felt so weird! I felt like everyone was wondering "who is this strange girl, and why is she sitting near me!" When I went on EE alone the first time, it was the WORST! I'll get to that in my next update, I think! I think I realized though, that I would never to be able to do a solo trip, which has always been something I thought I'd like to do. Now, I'm not so sure. Probably not unless Brandon flat out refused to go to Disney with me, and my sister couldn't go, and I was desperate for some Disney, then I would, but other than that, I doubt it!

Old 03-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #55
Simba22
DIS Veteran

almost a week late but im here! My cousin is trying to convince me to do a marathon and it sounds like such a fulfilling experience but I can't motivate myself enough to start training! And I just seem to have NO time! Congrats to your sister though!

ETA: I like the pace of this one! I usually do my TR's like this - one update = one whole day, so it works for me! You have me so excited to stay at AKV this year! Were you staying in Jambo or Kidani? Was it a studio or a 1BR? Just curious... We're staying at Jambo in a studio in 218 days!

Last edited by Simba22; 03-08-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #56
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I haven't been around the Dis too much lately so I missed the start, but I'm here and all caught up on the turbo TR! I'm enjoying the fast pace!
Old 03-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #57
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
almost a week late but im here! My cousin is trying to convince me to do a marathon and it sounds like such a fulfilling experience but I can't motivate myself enough to start training! And I just seem to have NO time! Congrats to your sister though!

ETA: I like the pace of this one! I usually do my TR's like this - one update = one whole day, so it works for me! You have me so excited to stay at AKV this year! Were you staying in Jambo or Kidani? Was it a studio or a 1BR? Just curious... We're staying at Jambo in a studio in 218 days!
Yay, glad you're here! I know, I really want to do the Princess Half next year, but I haven't found the time or motivation to start training yet either. Not to mention, I've been sick for the past few days!

I should have like, 4 updates done by now, but again, I've been sick, and haven't wanted to sit at the computer at all! I don't have a laptop, so I've just been laying in bed since Thursday night, it's awful! I'm finally feeling ok enough to try doing some other things, but I'm not sure how much of day 2 I will get done in one sitting!

We were in a studio at Jambo House, I loved it! I would definitely stay there again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I'm here! I haven't been around the Dis too much lately so I missed the start, but I'm here and all caught up on the turbo TR! I'm enjoying the fast pace!
Yay, glad you're here! You didn't miss much! If things went the way I was hoping they would, I would be on day 4 already, but I haven't even started day 2! Hopefully I'll really get moving on this though!

Old 03-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #58
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Day 2, February 19

Hi everyone! So much for my super fast paced TR, huh? Well, I have a good excuse, I've been sick. I started feeling sick last week, but then over the weekend, I felt awful, so I pretty much haven't left my bed until today, when I went to work. I feel a little better, but I'm guessing I'm going to have to suck it up and go to the doctor at some point, because every single time I get sick and have to blow my nose a lot, I get an ear infection, and I think I have one now. I hate going to the doctor, I keep hoping I will just get better on my own but it doesn't seem to be happening.

So again, I apologize if I'm getting behind on TR's again, I'll catch up this week, I hope! I just want to do another update here, my plan was for this to be a 2 week long TR and it would be finished, but now it looks like it's going to stretch into 3 weeks! So let's go!

Tuesday morning, we had to be up really early, I think our alarms were set for 6:45. However, Diane was up since about 3. I woke up and heard the water in the bathroom running, and when she finally came out, she said she can't sleep on the first night of vacation, so she just got up and took a bath and went to get coffee. Oh, and apparently I was snoring really loudly! I've asked my husband repeatedly if I snore, and he always says no! So I was shocked! I was having trouble breathing through my nose at night while we were there, I kept having to get up and drink water, and now that I'm sick, I'm wondering if I was starting to get sick while we were there? Who knows, I just hope this snoring thing isn't a new development or something!

We got Caitlin up and got ready and went downstairs to get a bus to...

Animal Kingdom!

We had an early ADR for breakfast at Tusker House, which I was excited for, since it was my first time there. We got there a little before they were even letting people in for ADR's, so we had to wait in a line for a few minutes, but soon we were walking towards Africa!

We checked in and waited for a few minutes before they called us to be seated, but first we had to stop and get our picture with Donald!

(Same picture from the beginning, again, the only picture you will see of me in this TR, and it's not even a good one, my hair is so messed up in the front!)

We went in and were seated and didn't waste any time before hitting the buffet! Everything looked so good! I'm not sure why Brandon and I have never tried Tusker House before, probably because we always go to Boma before our AK days, but I will definitely be bringing him here on a future trip!

We loaded up our plates and sat back down, here's my first plate:

Everything was so good, I love that they have tater tots there!

I was stuffed after my first plate, but I saw that there was some kind of bread pudding with vanilla sauce, so of course, I had to try it! I also got some berry cobbler thing, which I didn't even try because I was too full from all of that bread pudding!

While we were eating, the characters came to visit! We just took pictures of Caitlin meeting them, so we didn't hold them up for too long, although I really wanted to take my picture with Daisy! Next time!

We finished eating and Caitlin met all of the characters, so we were off to play in Animal Kingdom! Tusker House was fantastic, I would highly recommend it! It's going to be tough choosing between that and Boma for my next trip, I'd really like to go there, but I know Brandon loves Boma, so we'll see which one wins!

The first thing we wanted to do was go on the Safari! We walked over there, and since it wasn't even 9 yet, there was still a rope up! So we hung out by the little shop, and Caitlin looked at all of the hats and everything that was outside. Diane wanted to get a picture of her in one of the hats, and this is the pose she came up with:

I just don't understand where she gets it! I'm going to print out that picture and frame it, I think it's the cutest thing ever!

Finally they took the rope down and we were ready to safari!

I know everyone has seen a million pictures of the animals on the safari, so here are some of my better ones:

The LION!!!

And look, not one, but TWO lionesses! (There's one sleeping behind the one that is awake!)

When we got off the safari, we decided to walk over to Asia. Little backstory here-the whole time we were planning this trip, Caitlin was telling me she would not go on 2 rides-the "Yeti" ride and the Tower of Terror. The Tower of Terror I could understand, because it is pretty scary, but I had a feeling she would like Expedition Everest. So, my sister and I decided while we were waiting for the safari that she was going on it.

So Caitlin whined the whole way to Asia, but she had excitement in her voice, so I knew she wasn't too afraid! Anyway, the thing she was most afraid of was the Yeti, not the ride itself, so we weren't too worried, and I was pretty sure she was going to love it!

Welcome to Asia, my favorite place in Animal Kingdom!

My favorite ride in Animal Kingdom!

We checked out the standby line, but it was already really long...look at all of the people by Everest!

So we grabbed some FP's that were good in about an hour-keep this in mind for later!

Since we had some time before our FP's were ready, we decided to go on Dinosaur. But on our way over, Caitlin saw Primeval Whirl and wanted to go on that, so we got in line!

This would be my first time on this ride, I like roller coasters, but I'm not a big fan of spinning, so I wasn't sure how I would like it!

I ended up liking it, although once was enough for me! Caitlin loved it and wanted to go on again, but we convinced her to wait a little while!

We went over to Dinosaur, did that, eh, not a big hit with Diane or Caitlin. I don't mind it, but it's something I have to do like, every 5 trips, or it's kind of boring to me!

We went on Primeval Whirl again, then we sat down at a table to rest for a few minutes. It was almost time to use our FP's, I was so excited to finally go on Everest, and I was glad Caitlin actually agreed to go on! So I looked for my FP in my usual FP spot...and it wasn't there. Huh. So I went through my entire Hipster, and it was nowhere to be found! Diane kept telling me she saw me put it in my camera bag, but I knew I wouldn't do that, however, I checked anyway...not there. It was gone! I think I must have dropped in one of the times I took my phone out! So now we didn't know what to do...standby was too long, I didn't want them to miss out on going on, so I told them to go on using the FP's and I'd do single rider.

I was terrified of doing single rider. See, here's my thoughts on going on a ride like Everest alone-If I got in line with Diane and Caitlin, they would sit together, and I'd be behind them. Which would mean a random single rider would be put with me, or I'd get to ride alone, which was fine. BUT...if I had to be the single rider, getting put with someone who was already there, that was another story! I just didn't like the idea of doing that, it felt awkward, plus, you're sitting so close to some random person!

Well, I sucked it up, because it is one of my favorites and got in the single rider line, and before I knew it, I was put with a family who didn't speak English, which was actually nice, because there was no forced awkward conversation! It was fun, but again, EE is one of those rides where it's better to go on with someone, you know?

As I was getting off, Diane was texting me that she and Caitlin went to get ice cream, so I walked towards where they were. Caitlin LOVED Everest, I knew she would, she likes roller coasters, and this IS one of the best! We talked about what to do next, and no one wanted to do anything! So we hopped on the bus back to AKL!

Continued in next post...

Old 03-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #59
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Day 2, February 19, Part 2

I'm not sure why we went back to AKL, because once we were there, we decided to go to the Magic Kingdom for a little while!

So it was back on a bus and over to MK, I thought the bus ride would be horrible and long, but it really wasn't bad, it seems like before I knew it, we were there! And it's nice skipping the whole TTC/tram/monorail nonsense. Although, I do love the monorail!

Yay, Magic Kingdom!

That show, Kelly and Michael (is that what it's even called? I still think of it as Regis and Kelly!) just finished taping, so there were people everywhere! And there was confetti all over the street, and streamers too, it looked so cool, it made Main Street look so pretty!

It was a beautiful day in the Magic Kingdom, and the crowds didn't seem that awful once we walked up Main Street!

However, once we really started walking around and checking wait times, we saw how crowded it really was! The wait times were awful, there were people everywhere! Any of the really popular attractions were out, so Caitlin wanted to do the teacups...even those had a 20 minute wait! It was pretty pointless to be there, since we didn't really have time to get FP's, so we just hopped on the monorail and went to the Grand Floridian, since we had a reservation there a little later!

I LOVE the Grand Floridian! I remember seeing it for the first time when I was a kid, and I just loved it! It's so beautiful and elegant, and hello, they stayed there on Full House! I have yet to stay there, but I'm hoping someday maybe we can rent DVC points there or something!

I went a little crazy taking pictures here, so enjoy!

I love the floor, it's so pretty!!!

We walked around and went in all of the shops, Caitlin was on a Vinylmation mission, but they didn't have any there! We went to Basin and got a few of the bath bombs, and then we had to check in for our ADR!

Where were were going? To the Garden View Tea Room for afternoon tea!

We checked in and had to wait a little while until they called us, so I took more pictures:

and then they called us and we went in to sit down!

It's very pretty in there, I felt so underdressed! I didn't know anything about it actually, so I had no idea what to get! I finally ended up getting the Earl Grey tea, since I drink it all the time at home!

Diane got a different kind of tea, and since you don't really get a meal there, she got scones and pastries. You can get sandwiches or cheeses, Caitlin did get 3 little sandwiches, all different kinds, and I ended up eating her ham and cheese sandwich.

I got the English Trifle, which was amazing!

I love trifle, there's just something about layered desserts that I love, I don't know why!

I really liked going to tea there, it's not something I can ever do with Brandon, so it was nice that we got to do something girly! The only complaint I have, which was totally my fault is, I had to drink my tea without milk, which I don't really like! But I thought they didn't have any! Turns out, you just have to ask for some and they will bring it to you, but I just assumed it was frowned upon or something! Oh well! I would definitely do this again if I did another girl's trip!

Oh, and look who is there, watching over you as you drink tea-

Cute, right?

Once we were finished with our tea, we were pretty exhausted and needed a little rest, so we hopped on the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom!

We then walked over to the buses and took the bus back to AKL. The ride back seemed longer than the ride there, but I think that's because I was so tired at that point!

Once we got back, we tried to nap again, but I'm not sure if we actually did, I think we just rested a little. We had dinner a little later, so we had to get ready for that, and then maybe some magic hours at the Magic Kingdom?

I will be back tomorrow to finish up Day 2! Stay tuned!

Up next...dinner and MK!

Old 03-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #60
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Day 2, February 19

We got Caitlin up and got ready and went downstairs to get a bus to...

I read this as "We got ready and went downstairs to go get Caitlin up" and I was like "Woah! Wait a minute. I don't remember them having a suite with an upstair". Hum, yeah, I think I'm tired.

Wow, 2 lioness, one of which was awake, that's great!

I'm glad Caitlin loved Everest. I have no problem doing single rider line. I figure I barely talk to the person next to me while on the coaster anyway, and it lets me experience rides faster/more often.

Primeval Whirl makes me giggle.

ETA. Apparently I also forgot that you do more than one update at once for this TR, so I posted before reading the second part. I also read "Magical Kingdom". LOL

The tea party sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon with girls.

Last edited by ronnmel; 03-11-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: