Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #31
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Im here!!! Cant wait to hear about your trip!!

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 03-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #32
MEK
DIS Veteran

Better late than never (got a little behind on my DISing over the weekend).

Your niece is adorable and I had no idea that you had a sister on the DISboards. I have seen that name around before PinkXray - love it.

Anyway ladies, looking forward to some DIS fun!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #33
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

All set to get this TR going later tonight! I just have a few things to do first, then I'll be back later to do Day 1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
here!!!!! :D
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Yay, I'm here! Interesting fast paced TR idea. I could never do that... you may have noticed I tend to be long winded. LOL. I didn't like doing 2 TRs at once either, it's too much, and people usually don't comment on both, so the older one kinda got left out I feel like! I'm trying to get as much done as possible before I go in May, because both of them are super long trips. I'm gonna be writing til I die! No one's mad though.

"I swear, the only reason I have a job is to pay my bills and fund my Disney addiction!" WORD. Ugh, I had a 6am shift at work today and I was just like WHY WHWYWHWYHWHWHWWHWHWHY... oh right, Disney.
Yay!! Haha, well, I kind of get long winded in my TR's too, so this will be a challenge! I'm going to try to keep the rambling to a minimum, and the boring little details, but who knows? I'm not exactly sure how this is going to turn out! Doing 2 TR's at once is so stressful, it's supposed to be a fun little hobby, and when I was doing my October and December 2011 TR's at the same time, I actually felt stressed! I'm looking forward to your May TR already, and the trip hasn't even happened!

Haha, ugh, yeah, I think about quitting my job all the time and then I'm like, oh wait, I need Disney money. If only I could win the lottery. Or have one of those high paying jobs where I could work like, 2 days a week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Here, here, here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm here...be back later to read (we have more shoveling to do).

****Okay...I'm back. Great intros (good seeing a pic of Diane and Caitlin again). I'm a little worried about which resort you didn't care for so much (I hope it's not the one I love and it's the one I have no desire to stay at).
Yay glad you're here! Haha, don't worry, I think I know which one you have no desire to stay at, and that was the one I only liked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Im here!!! Cant wait to hear about your trip!!
Yay, so glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Better late than never (got a little behind on my DISing over the weekend).

Your niece is adorable and I had no idea that you had a sister on the DISboards. I have seen that name around before PinkXray - love it.

Anyway ladies, looking forward to some DIS fun!
Haha, you're not late, I haven't even started! I know I'm way behind on your TR, I promise I'll get caught up soon!

Thanks, she is pretty cute! I think my sister was actually on here before I was, she has written a few TR's and she did the live dining review for this past trip!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #34
StitchsGurl
Former WDW Cast Member

I'm joining in as well!~

I LOVE reading about girls only trips, and I can't wait to read about yours!

Old 03-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #35
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchsGurl View Post
I'm joining in as well!~

I LOVE reading about girls only trips, and I can't wait to read about yours!
Welcome! I just realized, you're @_contemporary on Twitter, right? I'm minnie_ears! I remember you saying you were going to do a TR, I'll join right after my first update!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #36
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Day One, February 18!

Hi everyone! Ready to get going with my super fast paced TR? Haha, well, I'm not really sure how this is going to go, just making this up as I go along...hopefully doing a day for each update won't be too crazy!

Well, this trip started just like all of my other trips, me getting up at some awful hour in the morning, and then dragging Brandon out of bed. (That's my DH, for anyone who hasn't read my previous TR's!) Except this time, he wasn't coming with me, he was just driving to my sister's, and we were picking them up, and he would drop us off at the airport.

As soon as we pulled into the driveway, Diane and Caitlin were practically out the door and in the car! We were ready to go!

It was a quick, uneventful drive to the airport, and Brandon dropped us off at the curb, instead of paying for parking, so we just grabbed all of our stuff, and I said goodbye to him. It was weird being excited to go to Disney without him, we've gone to Disney together so many times over the last few years! I tried not to let it get to me though, because when we walked in, we saw that the Southwest counter wasn't even open, so we couldn't check in!

Finally we checked our bags and went through security. Caitlin and I made it through fine, but Diane had a little hold up, she didn't take her electronics out of her bag, so I think they made her get out of line, take them out, and then go back through the line. So I grabbed all of her stuff, my stuff, and Caitlin, and we found a seat and waited.

We grabbed some breakfast really quick and found seats at our gate, and waited to begin boarding. Weird thing happened with our boarding position...Diane bought all of our tickets and did early bird check in, and somehow, she got A group, while Caitlin and I were in B group! She didn't want to get on the plane alone though, so she just waited in B group with us. Luckily, we found 3 seats together, and soon, we were off!

Our flight was pretty nice, except for takeoff, which was really bumpy because it was windy...I actually grabbed onto Caitlin because I was so scared, and she just laughed at me! She loves that part of flying, I can't stand it!

Once we got to Florida, it seemed like we waited forever to get off the plane, but FINALLY we were off and in the airport! Yay! I love the mini monorail, and the smell of the Florida air, I was so excited to be there!

I was even more excited to see this:

A New Fantasyland billboard! I saw New Fantasyland in November, but Diane and Caitlin would be seeing it for the first time on this trip!

We made our way to baggage claim and got our bags really fast, they were some of the first ones out! That never happens! Then we walked all the way over to Terminal B and followed the signs to...MAGICAL EXPRESS!!!

For those of you who don't know, this was our first time on Magical Express! Brandon and I, and Diane and her family always rent a car, so since it was just us, we decided to give ME a try!

We found it!

And there was no one in line! And a bus was waiting, so we got to put our bags away and just walk right on! I think there were maybe 5 other people on the bus!

AHHHHH Magical Express!!!

Caitlin and I sat together, and Diane sat in front of us, but when we realized no one else was getting on, I moved over across from Caitlin so we each had our own seats!

Excited for Disney!

I was getting anxious as we were driving away, because I almost thought they were going to skip the little movie that everyone always talks about, but finally it came on, and it is just as adorable as everyone said it would be! It really gets you MORE excited, if that's even possible!

Epcot!!!

I was so immersed, I didn't even realize we were approaching the welcome to Disney arch!

Want to see the worst attempt at taking a picture of the arch? Here it is!

Oh well, it didn't matter, what did matter was WE WERE IN DISNEY!

We had to stop at Coronado Springs to drop some people off, but right after, we arrived at our home for the next few days...Animal Kingdom Lodge!

We got off the bus, tipped the driver for getting our bags (we didn't use the luggage tags because we didn't want to wait for our luggage if it took a long time) and walked in...

OMG, it is SO beautiful!

I've been there before, but never stayed there, so I had a totally different appreciation for it's beauty! This was my home now! And it was perfect!

Diane rented points, so we were actually staying in the villas, and our room wasn't ready. So we dropped our bags off with Bell Services and went outside to find the buses. We were pretty hungry at that point, and we had an ADR in a few hours at T-Rex, so we decided to head to Downtown Disney and try to check in early.

We walked over to T-Rex and asked if we could check in early, but they told us it would be a 30 minute wait, so we didn't bother and we went somewhere else. We were all feeling a little cranky because we were really hungry, and the early morning was starting to catch up to us (Diane and I anyway, Caitlin didn't seem to be tired at all!) so we did what anyone else would do...we had dessert first!

We went to Ghiradelli's and got ice cream! Caitlin got plain vanilla, and Diane and I split a sundae:

The Gold Rush! It was so good, peanut butter and chocolate, so fantastic!

When we finished, we walked over to the Christmas shop, my favorite store in Disney, and Diane got a personalized ornament to remember the princess Half! It turned out really cute, but I don't think I took a picture of it! It was one of the big Mickey Mouse heads, sparkly pink, and it said "Princess Half Marathon 2013"!

Finally it was time for T-Rex! Checking in was a pain, because they made you wait in 2 lines, and then another line to get seated once you officially checked in, and there were lots of annoyed people there, but finally we were seated and ready to eat!

I had the Trexadillas, which are quesadillas with chicken, and they were really good! I can't remember what Diane had, because I wasn't taking good notes, but Caitlin had chicken nuggets. Everything was great, but I'm not sure I'd go back there anytime soon, because the check in process was just sooo annoying!

Luckily, Diane got a text that our room was ready, so we headed back to AKL! We were really tired and were hoping to take a nap before heading to the parks later that night!

Our room was beautiful, it's always fun walking into a new room at a resort you have never stayed in for the first time!

Our view!! It was so beautiful!

Diane and I tried to sleep, I'm not sure if we actually did or not, because Caitlin wanted no part of resting, so I think maybe we just laid there for a while. After a couple hours, we were ready to go to the parks!

*Continued in Next Update, which I will posting right after this one!*

Old 03-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #37
StitchsGurl
Former WDW Cast Member

Yes, it's true, I'm @__contemporary!~

I was SO going to ask you if you were minnie_ears, but I didn't want to be like OMG HI! and then it not be you, so I just kept it quiet LOL. Oops.

GREAT first update, though! I LOVE that New Fantasyland sign!!!

I miss taking Magical Express - we always rent a car - I NEED to take ME again someday.

AKL is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous - I love the lobby, the rooms, the atmopshere - everything is just fantastic. That picture of the lobby is stunning!

Omg, your eating at my FAVORITE place at Downtown Disney .... T-Rex!!!!! SO JEALOUS THOUGH. But yes, I do agree with you on the whole checking in process with the two lines and that - it's a bit of a weird layout, but the food and atmosphere makes up for that!

Awww, I love the little Simba by the sink - how adorable is that?!

I'm really loving the TR so far ... I cant wait to see the rest!!!

Old 03-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #38
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Day One, Part 2!

You will never guess what our first park of the trip was...Epcot! I doubt Diane and Caitlin would normally start at Epcot, but that's what Brandon and I always do, and it worked out that we could do that on this trip too!

We took a bus over, and I was amazed by the bus stop signs, the little Epcot details!

And then we went in, and I took a million pictures of Spaceship Earth, because I love it!

My first glimpse of the monorail!!

We checked the times board, and Soarin and Test Track both had insane waits! Those are the 2 rides Caitlin really wanted to do, but there was just no way we could do them, so we went to the World Showcase instead, and decided to go on Maelstrom.

(On the way to World Showcase!)

Unfortunately, even Maelstrom had a crazy wait time! So we got Fast Passes and went on the Gran Fiesta Tour instead!

Caitlin was unimpressed with the Gran Fiesta Tour, and the World Showcase all together. I guess I can see her point, it probably is boring to a kid, especially one that likes thrill rides, but we didn't have much of a choice that night, it was really busy!

We were kind of hungry, and we didn't really know what to do, we were thinking of maybe hopping over to DHS for magic hours, but we didn't know how to fit in using our Maelstrom FP's, eating, and making it to DHS in time for Fantasmic. Finally we decided to skip Maelstrom and we ate at the counter service in Mexico. Diane and I both had nachos and I believe Caitlin had chicken nuggets again.

We walked over to the International Gateway and waited for the boat that takes you to DHS! I was excited, this was my first time taking the boat over, Brandon never wanted to because he thought it would take too long.

It's a really nice ride over, you stop at the Boardwalk and the Yacht Club, and the Swan/Dolphin I think, before you get to DHS! I love that area of Disney, the Epcot resorts area, I feel so at home there! I definitely want to stay in one of those resorts on my next trip, they're all so beautiful!

Diane and Caitlin wanted to see Fantasmic, but I had to reunite with my true love, the Tower of Terror. So they went to find a seat, and I got in line for ToT. It said it was a 50 minute wait, but the line wasn't that long, and it moved quickly, so I didn't mind waiting!

I have to admit, I felt a little stupid waiting in line alone! I was between two big groups of people, who were laughing and having a great time and being crazy, and there I was, all alone. I tried to block my weird feelings though, because who cares, I'm in line for my favorite ride in life, IN DISNEY WORLD!

Finally, after about 30 minutes, I got on, I actually got to skip ahead of a bunch of people because they needed a single rider! So that's definitely a perk of riding alone!

It was awesome, as it always is, but a little part of me missed Brandon on that ride. I might sound pathetic, missing my husband on the first day, but he makes the Tower of Terror so much more fun and crazy, he just screams and screams and it's hysterical, so I'm usually dying laughing from him AND the ride itself! So yeah, I missed him a little bit!

When I got off, I looked around the shop for a few minutes, and saw so many Tower of Terror shirts that I wanted!

Why I didn't just get one, I don't know, but on my next trip, I'm definitely getting one! They're too cute!

On my way out, I thought about going on again, but Diane texted me that Fantasmic was over, so I met them right in front of the bathrooms. Caitlin wanted to go on something fun, so we decided to go on Star Tours!

For some reason, we walked through the Streets of America, where I got a little sad again, because it just does not look right to me without the Osborne Lights!

We went on Star Tours, which was fun, but I can't handle that ride more than once. I just don't like being thrown around like that, but Caitlin loved it! She didn't understand why Diane and I didn't want to go on again, and we kept telling her we were too old!

Finally, it was time to go, we were pretty exhausted, and anyway, magic hours were almost over, since they are only 2 hours now...lame!

We hopped on our bus back to AKL and Diane and Caitlin went back to the room, while I hung out in the lobby for a while and talked to Brandon. I didn't want to bother them, since they were going right to sleep, so I just curled up on a couch in the lobby and we talked for about 30 minutes. Finally I went back up to the room and went to sleep. It was a fun, exhausting day, and I was looking forward to tomorrow!

*Day 1 complete! How am I doing? Is this too much? Not enough details? It was TOUGH doing one day in 2 updates, so I might have to break it down into half days for my next updates, we'll have to see how much time I have! But please, tell me if I'm doing ok, what you like, what you don't like, because this is totally different than the way I normally do TR's! Thanks! *

Stay tuned for Day 2!

(Oh and I'm going to add chapter links, but probably not until tomorrow!)

Old 03-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #39
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I think you did a great job. Sounds like a busy day, but fun. I have done a lot of rides by myself and at first i got that feeling too, but soon you realize it works in your favor.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #40
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

The pace is fine, though I wouldn't mind if you did half days. It's up to you.

I LOVE the little lion drawing behind the sink that is like Rafiki's drawing.

I would take TOT over Fantasmic any day.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #41
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Jen, I think the pace is just fine. You got in all the highlights. Love the picture of TOT at night...very nice. I know what you mean about "missing your hubby" on it. But Mark can't/won't ride it since his neck surgery.

I agree with you...AKL is absolutely beautiful.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #42
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

AHH New Fantasyland! I seriously can't wait to see it (but I've probably said that about a billion times now so I'm just going to shut up).

YAY for riding the Magical Express! It really is so exciting and much more fun than a rental car.

and YAY for staying at AKL and loving it! I'm glad you found a new appreciation for it.

That Tower of Terror shirt is adorable. I love the characters' faces.

Oh, and I don't think it sounds pathetic that you missed Brandon. Being with other people is part of the fun in going to Disney World!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-07-2013, 05:46 AM   #43
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for a fun arrival day!!! Awww I totally know what you mean about missing Brandon on your trip - a few years ago a friend and I went to Disney without our men, I bought DF SO many souvenirs on that trip!!! Everything kept reminding me of him!!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #44
MEK
DIS Veteran

Yes - you did just perfect. Great pace. You really had a fun and long first day.

I have to save that I absolutely love your room view. What that a standard view? It's perfect. I am going to waitlist my October stay at the BWV or BC, but at 7 months I think I want to switch my VWL to AKL. I just love that resort. So glad you finally got to stay there.

I am glad your ToT wait was not 50 minutes. Why was it so crowded? Did you go during President's week?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #45
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Great update! I think you're doing a fine job.

Totally understand you missing Brandon. Of course you will have loads of fun with your sister and niece but it's just different not being there with your husband.

Can't wait for the next installment.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: