Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 03:56 AM   #31
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
Hee hee, I'm constantly talking about it too. Think poor DH is drove mad bless him!! I know I'm doing it but just cant help myself lol. We were there in May 2011 for our honeymoon and the weather was lovely. This time we were going to go either May or Sept/Oct to see MNSSHP but May won for two reasons:
1. Its sooner lol! And
2. We want to have another baby after we get back so waiting until Oct to even start thinking about it was too far away for me
Lol I think mine just switches off when I ramble on, he loves it just as much as me but he can contain it until we get on the plane.... I just can't! Glad to hear you liked May enough to go back again, our last trip was sept/oct and it was amazing, we loved MNSSHP.But this time I wanted to see a different time of year and like you it was sooner and we are also starting to think babies... Well I am at least lol!

Ooo clothes shopping.. We've started to get a few bits feels odd buying summer stuff with all this snow hope you manage to get some tshirts for your DS.

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:25 AM   #32
PJB71
DIS Veteran

My DD had her 1st haircut in the barbers when we went in December

It was a lovely experience and she wore her Mickey Ears all day!!!

I honestly didn't think she'd sit still long enough but the staff were amazing with her.

Not long to go now
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #33
BethEJo
I left the house at 5.45am - that's unheard of for a student
WDW CM 19/06/11 - 02/09/11

Another one tagging along here I think our holidays overlap (we go Apr 27 - May 11), so will definitely be looking out for you guys

I would loooooooooooooooooove to do Disney with a little one it'll be magical!!

Your to-do list has also reminded me of a couple of things I should do sooner rather than later, so thanks for that

I'm about to start summer clothes shopping - not looking forward to it! Odds are when you go shopping especially for something, then you never find it right? I have my bathing suit sorted and that's pretty much it - have also gone for a one-piece

Looking forward to more updates

PS - now that we're just over a month out, am also considering doing a PTR after seeing this!
BethEJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #34
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalstongue
Sounds like you have got loads done. I also can't stop talking or thinking about our trip. Luckily now we are just over 6 weeks away DH doesn't mind my excessive talking about it. I am in awe of anyone who can keep a disney trip a secret from their kids, I wouldn't last five minutes!

We also have to sort out our doggie accommodation. Normally the dogs stay with my parents when we go away but they are coming with us on this trip (my parents that is!). I almost had a heart attack when I looked up how much it would cost!
6 little weeks yay! 40 days for us from tomorrow! Delighted doesn't quite cover it My parents or sister normally take our dog so as they'll be with us we have to look into sorting the kennels. The prices are crazy!!! If I had known you could charge those prices to dog sit I'd be setting up my own kennels lol!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #35
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTigger

Lol I think mine just switches off when I ramble on, he loves it just as much as me but he can contain it until we get on the plane.... I just can't! Glad to hear you liked May enough to go back again, our last trip was sept/oct and it was amazing, we loved MNSSHP.But this time I wanted to see a different time of year and like you it was sooner and we are also starting to think babies... Well I am at least lol!

Ooo clothes shopping.. We've started to get a few bits feels odd buying summer stuff with all this snow hope you manage to get some tshirts for your DS.
Haha at least yours lets you ramble. Mine just gives me a look as if to say shut up already lol!
Ooh thinking of babies is GREAT! Best thing we've ever done And when you say y
YOU'RE thinking of babies you really mean WE My DH knows that when I have my heart set on something I'm like a dog with a bone til I get it lol. He wanted to wait to try for #2 but I said no way lol.
It does feel weird buying bathing suits and shorts doesnt it lol. Although so far we've had no show, reeeeeeeeally cold though!

Old 03-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #36
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJB71
My DD had her 1st haircut in the barbers when we went in December

It was a lovely experience and she wore her Mickey Ears all day!!!

I honestly didn't think she'd sit still long enough but the staff were amazing with her.

Not long to go now
Great to hear such positive feedback especially the part about the staff being good with your DD and helping her sit still. Thats definitely a fear with us lol. DH reckons DS will mortify us but I said I'm sure the staff will have handled worse....I hope lol!

Old 03-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #37
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethEJo
Another one tagging along here I think our holidays overlap (we go Apr 27 - May 11), so will definitely be looking out for you guys

I would loooooooooooooooooove to do Disney with a little one it'll be magical!!

Your to-do list has also reminded me of a couple of things I should do sooner rather than later, so thanks for that

I'm about to start summer clothes shopping - not looking forward to it! Odds are when you go shopping especially for something, then you never find it right? I have my bathing suit sorted and that's pretty much it - have also gone for a one-piece

Looking forward to more updates

PS - now that we're just over a month out, am also considering doing a PTR after seeing this!
Thanks for following along Oh yay! Be great to spot another Diser in WDW!! I'm really looking forward to experiencing this trip through DS's viewpoint. It'll be very very different from our previous gung ho trips lol.
Great to hear another person went for a one piece I showed my sister and she loved it so she's contemplating one too I got a couple of really nice denim style shorts in Primark, so so so comfy. Got them in dark blue, dark denim, beige and black. Also have another pair from River Island, thats me sorted for shorts. I'll do a wash or ten while I'm there (I'll have no choice with DS on the rampage lol) I want to pick up a pair of comfy sandals/flip flops. At the moment I've narrowed it to either Fit Flops or Tevas or maybe a pair of Crocs. Once I have them gotten we're all done. I have all our clothes washed and ironed and laid out ready to go - bit too prepared lol. But we have a wedding to go to the day before we leave for the airport so I want to be ready!

Ooh I will totally follow your PTR!! Be nice to get excited with other May trippers

Old 03-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #38
BethEJo
I left the house at 5.45am - that's unheard of for a student
WDW CM 19/06/11 - 02/09/11

Quote:
Thanks for following along Oh yay! Be great to spot another Diser in WDW!! I'm really looking forward to experiencing this trip through DS's viewpoint. It'll be very very different from our previous gung ho trips lol.
Great to hear another person went for a one piece I showed my sister and she loved it so she's contemplating one too I got a couple of really nice denim style shorts in Primark, so so so comfy. Got them in dark blue, dark denim, beige and black. Also have another pair from River Island, thats me sorted for shorts. I'll do a wash or ten while I'm there (I'll have no choice with DS on the rampage lol) I want to pick up a pair of comfy sandals/flip flops. At the moment I've narrowed it to either Fit Flops or Tevas or maybe a pair of Crocs. Once I have them gotten we're all done. I have all our clothes washed and ironed and laid out ready to go - bit too prepared lol. But we have a wedding to go to the day before we leave for the airport so I want to be ready!

Ooh I will totally follow your PTR!! Be nice to get excited with other May trippers
The shorts from Primark sound good - am finally heading shopping on Monday (finished medical school finals yesterday!!) so will definitely have to check Primark out. Will hopefully find some tops in there too - the low prices in there means that I can get a few things giving me a choice! I'm so indecisive when it comes to clothes!! I always end up taking waaaaaaaay more than I should, but have vowed this time to take enough for a week and wash half way through! Should leave me plenty of room in the case for all the shopping!

My comfy flip flops are going to be my havaiannas - not as supportive as Fit Flops etc, but very squidgee and comfy

Don't blame you being uber-prepared. I have my last hospital placement in April, and I finish the day before we fly to Orlando. This placement will be in North Wales which is a five hour drive to my house. So I need to get home, pick everything up and then drive to Gatwick on that Friday night to stay at the Travelodge! So I'm thinking I should take a leaf out of your book and start getting the stuff together now!!
BethEJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #39
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethEJo

The shorts from Primark sound good - am finally heading shopping on Monday (finished medical school finals yesterday!!) so will definitely have to check Primark out. Will hopefully find some tops in there too - the low prices in there means that I can get a few things giving me a choice! I'm so indecisive when it comes to clothes!! I always end up taking waaaaaaaay more than I should, but have vowed this time to take enough for a week and wash half way through! Should leave me plenty of room in the case for all the shopping!

My comfy flip flops are going to be my havaiannas - not as supportive as Fit Flops etc, but very squidgee and comfy

Don't blame you being uber-prepared. I have my last hospital placement in April, and I finish the day before we fly to Orlando. This placement will be in North Wales which is a five hour drive to my house. So I need to get home, pick everything up and then drive to Gatwick on that Friday night to stay at the Travelodge! So I'm thinking I should take a leaf out of your book and start getting the stuff together now!!
Oh congrats on finishing the finals!! Your trip is most definitely well deserved And happy shopping tomorrow! It'll be a nice cheer-me-up after this miserable weather!
I *think* I've decided on Tevas! Now just to find the right pair!!
That sounds like a hectic time right there!! You're deffo best to get sorted sooner than later. I'm usually the worlds biggest procrastinator when it comes to packing but with DS this year I know its necessary.
Picked DS up a pair of crocs and a really nice pair of shorts today. Also got him a Winnie the Pooh sticker book, coloured pipe cleaners, Mickey Mouse stickers and post its to add to his travel bag in an effort to keep him occupied. I have a feeling this is all in vain! The only way to keep DS quiet is to let him walk around or feed him snacks like Cheerios or rice cakes or chocolate!

Old 03-25-2013, 03:07 AM   #40
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethEJo View Post

Please do! I'd love to read it

Sounds like your very well prepared. Everyone thinks I'm obsessive with my planning and preparation but I enjoy it, part of the excitement. I also talked DH into changing a holiday so we could try for a baby earlier lol! Guess he's happy we won't have to do that again.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #41
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster

Please do! I'd love to read it

Sounds like your very well prepared. Everyone thinks I'm obsessive with my planning and preparation but I enjoy it, part of the excitement. I also talked DH into changing a holiday so we could try for a baby earlier lol! Guess he's happy we won't have to do that again.
Well at least until you decide to try for #2 I swear I couldnt have waited any longer! DS is getting so big and its sad seeing him go from baby to toddler, I need another smallie or this broodiness will just about kill me lol! Our holiday is almost 2 years to the day since our honeymoon when we conceived DS so if we were fortunate enough we could have two babies with almost the same birthday just 2 years apart lol!

Old 03-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #42
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Picked up 2 pairs of board shorts and a basebalk cap for DS, and a swim suit with the body suit if you know what I mean. Also got a Toy Story book where the pages come out and you can make them into shapes of Woody, Buzz, Lotso and the Alien. Should maybe help keep DS busy for a few mins on the flight lol.
Speaking of the flight, we watched several Youtube videos today of planes taking off. Both on board and from the ground. DS was mesmerised!! Also showed him a video of rope drop at MK, he was SO excited when the train pulled up with the characters. He loves trains and he loves Mickey Mouse so it is a must do I think
Booked tanning bed appointment for next week. Normally I dont do tanning beds except for before my wedding but I get a heat rash on holiday if I dont do the tanning bed before I go so I'm gonna do a few sessions in the coming weeks to hope my skin will adjust easier when I get there. Horrible having such sensitive skin but since my mum has psoriasis I suppose it was inevitable that I get her sensitive skin!
Still havent sorted the dog's accommodations, really must do that!!

Old 03-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #43
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well at least until you decide to try for #2 I swear I couldnt have waited any longer! DS is getting so big and its sad seeing him go from baby to toddler, I need another smallie or this broodiness will just about kill me lol! Our holiday is almost 2 years to the day since our honeymoon when we conceived DS so if we were fortunate enough we could have two babies with almost the same birthday just 2 years apart lol!
My DS is my second. i had a little girl first Megan was almost 2.5 when Charlie was born. It's hard seeing them grow up, it goes so quickly too.

I would have loved more but after Charlie was born I ended up spending nearly 2 weeks in Intensive Care and was advised any further pregnancies would be high risk.

I suspect the broodiness will kick in once the sleepless nights have stopped lol!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #44
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster

My DS is my second. i had a little girl first Megan was almost 2.5 when Charlie was born. It's hard seeing them grow up, it goes so quickly too.

I would have loved more but after Charlie was born I ended up spending nearly 2 weeks in Intensive Care and was advised any further pregnancies would be high risk.

I suspect the broodiness will kick in once the sleepless nights have stopped lol!
Aww a little girl and a little boy and such a nice age gap there too! Sorry to hear you had such a rough go of it after Charlie was born! If you ever do decide to go again I hope everything runs smooth

What age is Charlie now? I hope hes better than my Will was as far as the sleepless nights go lol. Will didn't get my penchant for laziness, he's up with the crack of dawn which to be honest is a lot better than he was just a few weeks ago. When he was 6 months old he was waking more frequently than a newborn - one night I was up 26 times. I literally needed a holiday after that so went away for a weekend with the girls. DH had a new appreciation for me after that lol.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #45
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Charlie is just over 5 months now. Was a great sleeper (sleeping for about 7 hours) but he has just cut through his first 2 teeth so back to a few sleepless nights.

Megan was a nightmare sleeper until about 14months! Guess its true what they say - you never get 2 the same!

I know what you mean though, girst time i lefy her for a night with DH he looked suitably stressed on my return

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: