Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #16
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalstongue
Hey, I'm joining in. Your plans are all looking good so far. We fly out on 6th May and we are also travelling with my parents and my brother. DS will be 2 and DD turns 4 whilst we are there. At least we have only two months to go!!
Hopefully following your PTR will remind me to get things done!
Thanks for joining in Can't believe we've just got 2 months to go! Your kids will be at such a nice age for WDW and nice to have your parents and brother along for an extra helping hand

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #17
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster
Your plans sound great! Your sons first trip will be Magical! We took my daughter when she was just a little older (16months) and it was so much fun. She had a great time just taking everything in. She really loved some of the rides too - the grand fiesta tour in Mexico was a firm favourite

Extended family trips are great when everyone has their own space. We got Married in WDW and had 30+ people with us. Planning was crazy but we loved every minute of it.

We are currently planning our DS's first trip too
Thanks for the encouraging words. I've had a few people tell me I'm mad for bringing a small toddler to WDW and after a while you tend to doubt yourself lol.
Getting married in WDW must've been amazing We were booked to get married in WDW in May 2011 however my sister in law developed a heart condition so she couldnt fly. It wouldnt have been the same for DH if she hadn't been there so we changed our plans. Would have loved the dream WDW wedding though
I saw your PTR for Charlies first trip You won't feel it coming around! And it'll be nice for your DD to go back at a bigger age

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #18
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Today I booked Wills first haircut at Harmony Barbershop!! May 7th at 10.30am! Can't wait
I've also decided to book the first haircut for my cousins little boy as a surprise from DH and I. They would like that. I know its not his first haircut but they will like the gesture.

We have a Chef Mickey ADR for 11 pax on our trip. This ADR was made before my sisters OH knew if he could get the time off work to come so I didnt count him into the ADR however he has gotten the time off so I asked the rep if we could add another adult to the ADR and she said theres zero availability Now I dunno what to do! The meal is moreso for the kids than anything else as they both love Mickey. DS loves Donald too and my cousins child loves Minnie so CM was the only place that ticked the boxes. I've checked online for other ADR times but got nothing. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes between now and then Hate not kbowing though!!

Also bought DS a new buggy today, the Baby Jogger City Mini. DS prefers to walk these days but obviously at WDW he wont be able for all that walking so I wanted to get a stroller thats suitable for DS for trips away but also thats suitable for our next child as we want to have our kids close together (if I get my way I'd love 5 or 6 but DH wants a max of 3 lol) I think the City Mini ticks all the boxes for us

Also booked a skycot for DS - posted on the main board with a query there. Wondering now if its a good idea!
Feels like it was a productive day! Now off to sleep. Happy Mothers Day to all the Mums on the Dis

Old 03-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #19
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

We had DDs first haircut at the barbers too. She loved it, they were so good with her

Regarding Chef Mickey I really wouldn't worry about it too much. I would obviously try and change the ADR but if you can't I would leave it as is and go to the restaurant and explain the situation to the host/hostess. We have done this before and they have always been able to accommodate us. May just be a bit more if a wait so get there early

I love the city mini, we will be getting one in a few months

Skycots are a tricky one. So depending on the config of the plane there is one or two skycots at each bulkhead seat. If there are several infants on the flight then your family will not be next to you. However on the one occasion we did have one my family were sat in the rows directly behind us. Of course it's possible that you'll be separated but I imagine they will try not to.

It all depends on your DS as to whether a skycot is worth keeping. We had one trip with it when DD was 5months and personally didn't get on with it. The seats we had were one of the fours behind the toilets. The seats are slightly narrower as you have the TV/tray In the arm rest. But you do have considerable more legroom.

When the skycot was pulled down we were literally confined to our seats as we couldn't get out. My DD hated the skycot as it sloped slightly and her feet kept bashing on the ends of the straps used to secure it. However I think they have changed the design since.

We didn't bother with them on other trips for 2 reasons 1. We preferred to be more certain of being with our family. 2. We discovered that It was easier for us to get DD off to sleep on our laps (she woke up when we put her in the cot).

I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #20
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster
We had DDs first haircut at the barbers too. She loved it, they were so good with her

Regarding Chef Mickey I really wouldn't worry about it too much. I would obviously try and change the ADR but if you can't I would leave it as is and go to the restaurant and explain the situation to the host/hostess. We have done this before and they have always been able to accommodate us. May just be a bit more if a wait so get there early

I love the city mini, we will be getting one in a few months

Skycots are a tricky one. So depending on the config of the plane there is one or two skycots at each bulkhead seat. If there are several infants on the flight then your family will not be next to you. However on the one occasion we did have one my family were sat in the rows directly behind us. Of course it's possible that you'll be separated but I imagine they will try not to.

It all depends on your DS as to whether a skycot is worth keeping. We had one trip with it when DD was 5months and personally didn't get on with it. The seats we had were one of the fours behind the toilets. The seats are slightly narrower as you have the TV/tray In the arm rest. But you do have considerable more legroom.

When the skycot was pulled down we were literally confined to our seats as we couldn't get out. My DD hated the skycot as it sloped slightly and her feet kept bashing on the ends of the straps used to secure it. However I think they have changed the design since.

We didn't bother with them on other trips for 2 reasons 1. We preferred to be more certain of being with our family. 2. We discovered that It was easier for us to get DD off to sleep on our laps (she woke up when we put her in the cot).

I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine.
Thanks a million for the advice Much appreciated! I ended up ringing VA back and cancelling the Skycot request so at least we'll definitely be together. The thought of being alone with DS on a 9 hr flight with no help was enough to make me feel a little ill lol.

We booked my cousins child into the Barbershop for the same day as DS so both boys will get it done together Be a nice surprise for my cousin and his son!
While I was making the appt for the barbershop I asked about CM again and they're still full to capacity even if they changed the time so I'll do what you advised and just see what happens on the day!

Old 03-11-2013, 03:05 AM   #21
tinks_1989
need a like button

Don't worry about chef Mickey does 11 include children in highchairs? If so you can just have the high chair on the end instead of taking up a place at the table.

We requested a sky cot we got the bulk head seats but never used the sky cot. It was great to have the extra room though. On the way out DH was sat on the other side of the aisle but after take off the 3 seats next to me were still empty so he moved over and we spread out. On the way home he was on the seat next to me.

Love that he is having his first hai cut at Disney very special. X
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:52 AM   #22
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989
Don't worry about chef Mickey does 11 include children in highchairs? If so you can just have the high chair on the end instead of taking up a place at the table.

We requested a sky cot we got the bulk head seats but never used the sky cot. It was great to have the extra room though. On the way out DH was sat on the other side of the aisle but after take off the 3 seats next to me were still empty so he moved over and we spread out. On the way home he was on the seat next to me.

Love that he is having his first hai cut at Disney very special. X
When I rang WDW I advised them that we would need 2 highchairs in our group of 11 so they are aware of this. I hope that would work, I would hate for him to have to miss out. I was looking at changing to another character meal instead but it would have to include Mickey Minnie and Donald so I'm limited to Chef Mickey or Tusker House. If we were to change to TH on our only AK day then I wouldnt know what to do. My parents dont want a super early breakfast before park opening and we want to first in line at the safari so Id be afraid to book an early ADR. Hmmm, must think about it!

Thanks for the tip on the skycot. I'd deffo keep the request if it was just the 3 of us but I know DS would like to be near his Nana so we'll stay seated together for now

I know - I cant wait for his first haircut! It might be my imagination but his hair seems to be growing longer since I booked the haircut lol!!

Old 03-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #23
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
When I rang WDW I advised them that we would need 2 highchairs in our group of 11 so they are aware of this. I hope that would work, I would hate for him to have to miss out. I was looking at changing to another character meal instead but it would have to include Mickey Minnie and Donald so I'm limited to Chef Mickey or Tusker House. If we were to change to TH on our only AK day then I wouldnt know what to do. My parents dont want a super early breakfast before park opening and we want to first in line at the safari so Id be afraid to book an early ADR. Hmmm, must think about it!

Thanks for the tip on the skycot. I'd deffo keep the request if it was just the 3 of us but I know DS would like to be near his Nana so we'll stay seated together for now

I know - I cant wait for his first haircut! It might be my imagination but his hair seems to be growing longer since I booked the haircut lol!!
Tusker house is AMAZING! My favourite restaurant of the our trip. We ate at 9.25. Leave pushchair at restaurant then get on the safari get a fast pass then have breakfast then use the fast pass perfect

I don't think they would turn away 11 of you that's ones hell of a tip for the server.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #24
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989

Tusker house is AMAZING! My favourite restaurant of the our trip. We ate at 9.25. Leave pushchair at restaurant then get on the safari get a fast pass then have breakfast then use the fast pass perfect

I don't think they would turn away 11 of you that's ones hell of a tip for the server.
Hmmm I must see if TH has availability for 12 for the day we're doing AK! I like the look of it. I presume its similar enough to Chef Mickeys for food - my dad and DH can be very fussy about food. Not the most adventurous of eaters!!

Old 03-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #25
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

ESTAs done for all 12 of us (that took me AGES!)
Transport to the airport sorted.
Money lodged into bank to buy park tickets this weekend!
Clothes washed and ironed and waiting - I might be getting a tad ahead of myself lol!
Now to figure out what to do with the dog while we're away!! And must book an eye test as I need new contacts before I go. And I must order photopass when I think of it. Getting through my TO DO list slowly but surely! 44 more sleeps!!!

Old 03-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #26
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

One step closer every time you cross something off the list! 44days will fly by...I'm hoping so too!

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #27
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTigger
One step closer every time you cross something off the list! 44days will fly by...I'm hoping so too!
I just love putting ticks on my list! Another tick tonight - ordered our WDW tickets from Undercover Tourist. Should arrive within 12 working days - the estimation is 9th April. I'll be ordering the USO and SW tickets tomorrow as my card seems to have a daily limit! Boo lol!
Hopefully the time will fly in for us! Seems to be a few of hs travelling in May

Old 03-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #28
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post

I just love putting ticks on my list! Another tick tonight - ordered our WDW tickets from Undercover Tourist. Should arrive within 12 working days - the estimation is 9th April. I'll be ordering the USO and SW tickets tomorrow as my card seems to have a daily limit! Boo lol!
Hopefully the time will fly in for us! Seems to be a few of hs travelling in May
I'm sooooo excited, I think I'm obsessed at the moment all I talk about it the holiday! I've not been in may before so fingers crossed its nice and warm!

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #29
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTigger

I'm sooooo excited, I think I'm obsessed at the moment all I talk about it the holiday! I've not been in may before so fingers crossed its nice and warm!
Hee hee, I'm constantly talking about it too. Think poor DH is drove mad bless him!! I know I'm doing it but just cant help myself lol. We were there in May 2011 for our honeymoon and the weather was lovely. This time we were going to go either May or Sept/Oct to see MNSSHP but May won for two reasons:
1. Its sooner lol! And
2. We want to have another baby after we get back so waiting until Oct to even start thinking about it was too far away for me

Bought USO and SW tickets today. Another tick woohooooo Also bought a one piece bathing suit, not feeling the love for bikinis since having DS so went with a nice one piece. And bought a few bits for DS. Also contacted a seller on Etsy about really cool personalised t-shirts for DS so really hoping the price isnt too steep when she replies! Next on my list is to sort out accommodations for our dog Sam

Old 03-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #30
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you have got loads done. I also can't stop talking or thinking about our trip. Luckily now we are just over 6 weeks away DH doesn't mind my excessive talking about it. I am in awe of anyone who can keep a disney trip a secret from their kids, I wouldn't last five minutes!

We also have to sort out our doggie accommodation. Normally the dogs stay with my parents when we go away but they are coming with us on this trip (my parents that is!). I almost had a heart attack when I looked up how much it would cost!

pascalstongue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: